migglesToyCarXoHadarDoodleXolex1028TophatTalulahShugahMarblezoneEyespinksplatterhappyyayTheUnUsernameTristantheGreatDaemoineJennitaliaALK3_l0v3ChosenToLeadZombieBandwagonBeepboopYourBiggestFanfaMatahQwerdieUnknownjizz12SpearmintMilkThinkingofYou528491f1aw1355vic70ryJaedtheEchoSuper_Freak13mouse4216MrsjustinbieberjaydakinsssforgottenpasswordOnePiecepkmnshadowmario580johnsontabithaBeautifulNightmarevivaciouspancakesabcd1234neon_bunnyGenevieveTaylorOlivotroll_monsterChelseasSmilessummerinmymindpatmandurawritslaurenluminous_liloiluvhockeyOfcourseiamriteniemann2006lauren4004

RoseWeasleyKeith_Stone1johnbelieverGriffin17IAmJacksWastedLifethunderconversekicksadiosToreadorSamanthaaJDanielLuxtoncchipsvampire_academytoolateforbedRedotRetooserBadtotheboneEbb0smilesfortakeoutxorachelxoStalkingPineappleRossSoyChelseaShanLovesStuffLookingForMargosarahfcanditoPerfectly_imperfectalindersRebeccaBlackStayBeautifuljojoflipperlolpastacalebmarinalexisSwolshbroMadison_Fleebasrm27520tea_KristenBonslyGuyhipposgomooBiggestPandaMobyRichardFOREVERofBFFChrisPBaconcherrylisa12princess_ali_d

Nobody :(
Women should be allowed to breast feed their babies in public without being harassed, amirite?

We've all been conditioned to perceive a nautral process as something taboo, as far as I am aware, most mothers will have spmething covering them when they are feeding and even if they dont, the baby would be blocking most of it anyways unless you're intently staring which in turn is rude. We often turn a blind eye to bullying, racism and violence but as someone whips out a **** (which has fed most of YOU at some point) it's an outrage. Grow up, let people do their things and move on.

troll_monster troll_monster

Wow, who the hell hassles someone for whipping their **** out in public?

Anonymous

In response to “Wow, who the hell hassles someone for...

You should do it more often.

Mike_Hawk Mike_Hawk

They shouldn't do it in public...

adiosToreador adiosToreador

In response to “They shouldn't do it in public...

A baby does not know time of day or place, let alone know when it is "appropriate" to be hungry. Surely a mother should be allowed to feed her child when they need to be fed?

pinksplatter pinksplatter

In response to “A baby does not know time of day or place...

Of course... But not in front of a bunch of people. There has to be a restroom or something. She shouldn't whip out her **** and start feeding her baby in front of a bunch of people.

adiosToreador adiosToreador

In response to “Of course... But not in front of a bunch of...

This is exactly how I feel, and people always get pissed off when I say it. Be prepared for a flame war.

Retooser Retooser

In response to “This is exactly how I feel, and people always...

i honestly don't see what the big deal is...its not like the woman is actually gonna take out her **** for everyone to see, plus there are cocerups for that kind od stuff....

jaydakinsss jaydakinsss

In response to “i honestly don't see what the big deal...

If they cover up, I have no problem with it. I just don't want to see it while I'm eating dinner, or at the pool, or in some other public place. I understand that babies need to be fed (duh), but I think if they're still breastfeeding, it's the mom's responsibility to cover up or excuse herself.

Retooser Retooser

In response to “If they cover up, I have no problem with it...

"in public" means in a public place, not "while exposed" they have blankets made specially for breastfeeding.

miggles miggles

You've gotta think about if from the mom's point of view too, it would be extremely inconvenient and unsanitary to have to go to a bathroom to nurse a baby when they're hungry.

Anonymous

So what are they supposed to do? If the baby is hungry, is the mom just supposed to starve it because you don't feel like watching her breastfeed?

Sobriquet Sobriquet

In response to “So what are they supposed to do? If the baby...

They should find a private place like a restroom. They don't have to do it in front of everybody.

adiosToreador adiosToreador

In response to “They should find a private place like a...

Most bathrooms don't have little couches for women to breastfeed. If the bathroom is the only place for her to go, and there's nowhere for her to sit, then tthere's no reason she can't do it in public. Come on, you wouldn't want to feed a baby while sitting on a toilet or something, either.

Sobriquet Sobriquet

In response to “Most bathrooms don't have little couches for...

She could also use a pump... I'm just saying that there's better ways/places. If nothing else, she should cover it up.

adiosToreador adiosToreador

In response to “She could also use a pump... I'm just saying...

A lot of women say breast pumps hurt, and even if they don't, maybe shedoesn't have time to do it.

Sobriquet Sobriquet

I don't know many people who just whip out their **** and don't cover it.
And, if they don't, who cares? It's the breast... for the breast milk...

Anonymous

In response to “I don't know many people who just whip out...

thats so right. Its not that big of a deal. I mean Most people didn't have a problem with Janet Jackson whipping her **** out at the freaking SuperBowl! So why is this a huge deal. It is unsanitary to feed a child in the bathroom on the toilet or not. It doesn't make a diffrence with the pump or not its still difficult for the mother.

fireflyrage

Hey, I want some of that! (hello)

Sun Sun

I understand the baby is eating, but I seriously don't want to look at **** when i'm eating. (puke)
I don't mind it if there's a blanket over the baby but if there isn't, it's nasty.

Anonymous

In response to “I understand the baby is eating, but I...

Just think that once, you were eating that way

BobWilson BobWilson

In response to “Just think that once, you were eating that way

You were also once in floating in a tank of your own urine before you were born. Your point?

Captn_Awesome Captn_Awesome

In response to “You were also once in floating in a tank of...

You ignorant person. Go look at a pregnancy book before you think you can say that

Pigeon Pigeon

That's true, but my mom never whipped her **** out willie nillie. She always used a blanket and she always went into a bathroom unless she was at home.

Anonymous

if there is really nowhere the mother can go in private, she should atleast be able to cover it up. yeahh its natural and everything but its still a weird concept to just let your bare **** hang lose .

FroggyForeverrr

In response to “if there is really nowhere the mother can go...

Think about how wierd it is for the mom but she has to do it and you don't have to look.

fireflyrage

In response to “Think about how wierd it is for the mom but...

all the more reason to go to a private bathroom.

FroggyForeverrr

Holy ****, I'm surprised at the amount of No Ways, didn't know so many people actually believed that. It's natural. It's supposed to be part of life. O_o Wow, society.

Qwerdie Qwerdie

People seem to have forgotten that their are other options, too. The mother can always use a breast pump at home if she's going out and take the milk with her and the baby when she leaves.
Sure, it's a natural thing, but I don't want to see your ****.

SoyChelsea SoyChelsea

In response to “People seem to have forgotten that their are...

not to be a **** and all but it seems people also seem to have forgoten the proper use of their and there. And sometimes there isn't time for that and also the baby may not drink from a bottle. Some babies can tell the diffrence because the milk isn't as warm as it should be.

fireflyrage

I think they should be allowed to feed in public, however, by doing so they accept the fact that others don't like it and will probably gawk or stare.

StickCaveman StickCaveman

"An mother was breastfeeding her baby on the bus. An old lady sitting across from me screamed 'YOU CAN'T DO THAT HERE!!', I guess it was a bad time to start ****" - I have no idea who said it, I just thought it was funny

Anonymous

troll_monster troll_monster

In response to “We've all been conditioned to perceive a...

it's not that it's taboo. hell, if it was up to me, we'd all be walking around naked. however, public nudity makes a lot of people uncomfortable for the reason that our society tells us to cover up. i'm not saying that showing your breasts is bad, but you can't tell people they have to wear clothes to be appropriate, create that mentality of decency being modesty in showing skin, but then say "but if some lady whips out her ** in public DEAL WITH IT." it's one or the other. people have become accustomed to not seeing ** at the mall, so forgive me if it makes some people uncomfortable. she needs to cover up or go away.

rowanne rowanne

In response to “it's not that it's taboo. hell, if it was up...

It's not a double standard.
Public breastfeeding isn't comparable to other displays of nudity - she's not doing it for any other reason than to feed an infant.

Anononononon

In response to “It's not a double standard. Public...

regardless, nudity is nudity.

rowanne rowanne

In response to “regardless, nudity is nudity.

you were fed from a bottle, weren't you.

troll_monster troll_monster

In response to “you were fed from a bottle, weren't you.

hahaha, no, i wasn't. i actually don't care about public breastfeeding all that much, i've seen it and it's not all that off-putting to me, but i know many people who feel very strongly about it, so i figured i'd pick a side and debate it.

rowanne rowanne

In response to “hahaha, no, i wasn't. i actually don't care...

A for effort, C for debate tactics :)

troll_monster troll_monster

You wouldn't eat a meal in a bathroom, why should a baby?

Jayzee Jayzee

In response to “You wouldn't eat a meal in a bathroom, why...

Nor would you **** in your pants or start screaming in public. I'm not taking sides, just saying there are different standards for infants.

Captn_Awesome Captn_Awesome

In response to “Nor would you **** in your pants or start...

Babies are incapable of using the toilets, or knowing how to talk, so they cry when they need things done for them. Their mother should be able to feed their child. That's the point of the breast, to breast feed. Derp.

Anonymous

It's not like stepping into the bathroom is going to contaminate the breast milk going directly from the **** to the baby's mouth.

Rawtoast Rawtoast

In response to “It's not like stepping into the bathroom is...

its not that it will contaminate the milk. It is just that it is disgusting. Have you seen most public restrooms? It is unseemly that you would practically FORCE a mother to stand in a gross public restroom just to feed her baby.

fireflyrage

In response to “its not that it will contaminate the milk. It...

I wasn't trying to pick a side. (though I see nothing wrong with breastfeeding in public and covering it with a blanket) I was only responding to the first comment: "you wouldn't eat a meal in a bathroom, why should a baby?" By saying that a baby sucking on a **** doesn't exactly meet the same standards as someone using their germy hands to eat.

Rawtoast Rawtoast

Women shouldn't breast feed at all. It makes it seem like they only exist for babies to feed off them. Bottles are the way to go!

Anonymous

In response to “Women shouldn't breast feed at all. It makes...

Well, women ARE around for childbirth and raising children. Men are around to help make the baby in the first place. If you want to think about it that way.

Sobriquet Sobriquet

That's what breasts are for, ****...

cupcake12winx

This is the most retarded thing ever. Are you honestly say that breastfeeding is a type of female oppression?

Breastfeeding is many times healthier for both mother and child, and a bottle should only be used as a replacement only if it isn't possible to use the breasts.

I understand that in some case a mother can't breastfeed, and no woman should be made to feel inferior because of that, but breastfeeding should be encouraged for all new mothers.

Anononononon

As long as she covers up with a blanket or something, I don't see how it's a big deal.

Sobriquet Sobriquet

In response to “As long as she covers up with a blanket or...

This.
If there is no available restroom, (I'm think about a bus) then surely everyone can just try to politely not look, or something.

If it's a restaurant or something, I can understand it if you would prefer the mother to do it in private, but honestly, everyone there is shoving processed food and chemicals into their mouths, and people are getting upset about a baby drinking the most natural food source?

Anononononon

In response to “This. If there is no available restroom, (I'm...

True. And if she's in a restaurant eating dinner with her family or something, she shouldn't be expected to spend the whole time in the bathroom.

Sobriquet Sobriquet

In response to “True. And if she's in a restaurant eating...

Not being a woman or a parent, I can't say, but I do think most women prefer to breastfeed in private - I've seen very few mothers whip out a breast in public where there are available restrooms/baby stations.

But I think when it comes down to it, even if it makes you uncomfortable, try not to look. I don't think breastfeeding is comparable to other private natural acts (like going to the bathroom, as someone said), nor is it comparable to anything sexual.

Anononononon

I have to agree with others with the fact that she should be allowed to in some form when she needs to, because if the baby needs food that freakin baby needs food, but like the others have said, showing your baby breastfeeding out in the open for all to see should not happen. Honestly, while I would find it a tad bit creepy, I wouldn't mind if she had a cover-up and did it out in public. As long as it was 'hidden' (for lack of better words) well I don't think we should have an issue.

Perdedor Perdedor

It's not appropriate and technically it's indecent exposure anyways. It's awkward. It's the same for when people let their babies run loose naked in public. It's awkward and there are probably pedophiles nearby anyways who are soaking it up.

AllanFoFallan

In response to “It's not appropriate and technically it's...

It's not "technically indecent exposure". The mother isn't exposing herself to get or receive sexual thrill - she's doing it to feed her baby.

Anononononon

If she's an 8-10 on the hotness scale, be my guest.

DanielJames DanielJames

In response to “If she's an 8-10 on the hotness scale, be my...

Is this a 8-10 compared to women overall, or an 8-10 compared to women who have also given birth in the past year?

Anononononon

In response to “The former.

That's rather unfair.

Judging a woman who has just squeezed something the size of a small watermelon out of her body and has spent every night since then getting 2 hours sleep, to the average female.

Anononononon

In response to “That's rather unfair. Judging a woman who...

She needs to suck it up and lose some weight and put on a tight black dress with 5 inch heels.

DanielJames DanielJames

In response to “She needs to suck it up and lose some weight...

And next time abort the baby and use the stem cells like botox injections.

Anononononon

In response to “You're an ****.

That's not very nice.

DanielJames DanielJames

In response to “That's not very nice.

So what? You think I should care about your feelings when you obviously don't give a about the feelings of a new mother? Deal with it. ****.

oboeflute

In response to “So what? You think I should care about your...

Do you remember the show Full House? Do you remember Stephanie Tanner? How RUDE.

DanielJames DanielJames

In response to “Do you remember the show Full House? Do you...

And of course your previous comment wasn't rude at all. Yeah right, you get what you deserve. ****.

oboeflute

In response to “And of course your previous comment wasn't...

I have a posterior, yes.

DanielJames DanielJames

In response to “I have a posterior, yes.

Get over yourself. How can someone be such an idiot really?

oboeflute

In response to “Get over yourself. How can someone be such an...

Are you honestly this blind to sarcasm?

DanielJames DanielJames

In response to “Are you honestly this blind to sarcasm?

No, I just don't think anyone should joke about something like this. Ignorance, whether intended to be funny or not, bothers me.

oboeflute

In response to “Lighten up, kid.

Ok, first off don't call me kid, that's a pathetic attempt to make yourself sound higher than me, while neither of us are higher than the other. Second, it's probably not a good idea to joke on posts that are serious in the first place.

oboeflute

In response to “Ok, first off don't call me kid, that's a...

Actually, "kid" is a common term of endearment. Your preconceived negative opinion of myself makes you perceive it differently, however. Secondly, it is these kind of posts that require levity via humor to lighten the mood.

DanielJames DanielJames

In response to “Actually, "kid" is a common term of...

Still don't call me kid, I'm 19. You also have to realize the average person on this site wants debate. It IS an opinion based site. Don't try to "lighten the mood" when most people come here to watch the people angry at someone whose opinion is "wrong".

oboeflute

In response to “Still don't call me kid, I'm 19. You also...

I'm 19, too, and have no problem with a peer calling me "kid." And, I'm very well aware of the premises of this website -- I am a very experienced commenter on here, in both intellectual debates and humorous jokes.

DanielJames DanielJames

In response to “I'm 19, too, and have no problem with a peer...

Just don't try to lighten the mood when it's not what the common person wants, especially if it can be perceived as ignorance or adding to the debate.

oboeflute

In response to “Just don't try to lighten the mood when it's...

I have quite the reputation for levity on this site, which is why none of what I said above received negative votes.
Have a good one. (y)

DanielJames DanielJames

In response to “I have quite the reputation for levity on...

Whatever. You too.

oboeflute

Daniel, your anti-mother pro-hooker stance has been apparent for quite some time now.

Anonymous

I don't even understand why it's a big deal. I guess somewhere over the evolution of mankind, someone decided that the human body is not "appropriate" to be shown in public. And apparently this means we should either deprive a baby of food or force a mother to leave and find somewhere else to feed the baby.

..And yet the people of Walmart are allowed to be exposed in public?
I just don't get it.

The human body is a beautiful and natural thing, ya dig?

aZIGAZIGAHHH

Random question - if you are in a public place for a long period of time, would you rather have a mother breastfeeding for 20 minutes, or a hungry baby screaming for food for an hour?

Anononononon

anonymous

In response to “no.

no what?

fireflyrage

So, tell me, when did the breast become not for the use of the child who wants milk? Breast = holds milk. It's much healthier. If you don't want to watch, look away.

homosexpumpkins

Often, mothers are so discreet that I don't even realize they're breastfeeding. I had a conversation with a lady on a plane before and I thought she was just holding the baby while it slept under a blanket. Nope, she was breastfeeding!

RunnerGirl RunnerGirl

In response to “Often, mothers are so discreet that I don't...

I was talking to my cousin once and the whole time she was breastfeeding and i didn't know. But i was 12 so...

Anonymous

What would you do if someone told you you coudn't eat and take away your food? yeah, you would scream and cry. So it's either a happy full baby or a screaming baby that would just piss you off more.

Pigeon Pigeon

Women should be allowed to breastfeed their child in public. if you dont like seeing it then you shouldn't look its not that hard

Anonymous

no one is saying they're flinging their ** around for everyone to see. its just as uncomfortable for a women to pull out her ** as it is for everyone else so clearly she'll cover herself and if you can't even handle that then you're immature and a perv if you honestly can't stop yourself from looking.

hi

I'm genuinely shocked that there are this many prudes still around. How about, if you don't like it, you look away, and then everybody's happy?

Then again half you guys are like twelve so bodies are still "icky", right? You'll grow out of it someday, kiddos.

spearmintkisses

In response to “I'm genuinely shocked that there are this...

Well, considering the fact that bodies defecate, urinate, release gasses through the buttocks, dissolve foods with acid in the digestive system, and for females, rid themselves of the monthly build-up of blood in the reproductive system, and for males, when sexually aroused, eject reproductive cells through an exposed organ, bodies are fairly icky.

Anonymous

Additionally, this post says "without being harrassed". Over a hundred of you honestly advocate harassing nurturing mothers?

spearmintkisses

Continue