HelloToYouEl_DuderinoLoserkokorakiashnicoleluvsblgTaterjaseveryday3twisted_memorieslelander15Elmosincerely_meaveMy_Dinosaur_LifePracticeSafeLunch33marissa1991ceilingRebelComplicatedMuggleSylverMoonslytherinangelbehindthoseliesmylifeisflyLunaAvrilShioryKyokolilrjnsoxfan108ASDFGHJKLLLGeorginalicebrowninggalmileycyrusOhLookAmosquitoRainCloud_16HarenionasrasulMr_Winston_ChurchillemmylouwhowillisjawEcsndersthe_fresh_princewoofjyonamecuzimasherpaCupcakeiluvmymusic3395littletankSlipKnoticEmylitapd311BethanytheravenclawJadedPlatypus

sammmiamRysiaHenrix_03gommy2bearNightmareFirstmateRougeChuckTom

AKINGdrumsuperman
Old Green Day> New Green Day, amirite?

Old Green Day = New Green Day.

NotACommunist NotACommunist

**** Green Day.

Anony

**** Green Day.

Anony

dookie ftw

Anonymous

Old Green Day = New Green Day.

NotACommunist NotACommunist

I actually like their old stuff and new stuff

stephayyy stephayyy

for me, I love all green day, but their older stuff is better than their newer. but it's all amazing

JadedPlatypus

I love Green Day, but besides "Basket Case," "When I Come Around," and "Time of Your Life," all the old stuff sucked. American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown FTW

gommy2bear gommy2bear

It's all good, but I prefer the older stuff. Back then they were just more raw in some of their songs. Now the songs actually go deeper then talking about paranoia, drugs, and things of that nature. They definitely sound more mature now, and are talking about politics and what-not. I guess it'd an opinion, but I'd rather listen to Dookie and Insomniac.

Me

Nimrod was amazing.

Anonymous

In response to “Nimrod was amazing.

@415670 (Anonymous):

Anonymous

In response to “Nimrod was amazing.

@415670 (Anonymous): I love all green day, but the truth is that the new green day aint any better or worse, its just totally different. I love Nimrod just the same as I love kerplunk as I love 21st century breakdown.

Anonymous

Green Day is Green Day. I see no difference. I have all the albums, Green Day's my favorite band and I listen to all their stuff all the time. I think that "new" Green Day and "old" Green Day are just the same.

DanceBiscuits DanceBiscuits

In my opinion they've been straying away from their "punk roots" but I think they have become better musicians... Think about it. Would Billie have ever put piano or other effects in Dookie? Old Green day and New Green Day both have their high points and low points... American Idiot was a great record regardless of being "New Green Day". When they're inspired enough they write some of the best music around.

drumsuperman

They have grown significantly since the days of Dookie, and some people view that as a bad thing. I have all of their albums (including 1,039 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours, and Kerplunk, which came out long before their breakout album) and if you listen you can hear the growth. They've gone from "My mom told me to get a job/But she don't like the once she's got/When **'s lost it's fun, your ** lonely" to "Do you know what's worth fighting for/ When it's not worth dying for" It all depends on what you like. I for one, love their music, no matter what era in their extensive career's it has come from.

Music Fan

Define old Green Day, please. Before Dookie? Before American Idiot?I love all their albums. I honestly do not care for 1,039 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours, but I love some songs on Kerplunk. And of course Dookie is good, but it's not my favorite, neither is Insomniac. I personally love Nimrod and Warning.
It all depends on what music you like. AI and 21stCB were concept albums. They were telling stories, while all the others were something that had happened to them.
*Going to their concert 8.12.10 in Hartford.*

waiting

In response to “Define old Green Day, please. Before Dookie?...

I would classify "Old" Green Day pre-AI, like before they changed their style (for the better or worse, depending on your views)

Warning is personally my favorite album, with Nimrod in a close second.

While I don't really care either way (love all their albums) I guess some people liked when they sang about their life instead of the goverment and all that.

Long story short, it's an opinion. I'd rather listen to Basketcase, 80, One For The Razorbacks, and Brain Stew then 21st Century Breakdown, She's A Rebel, and 21 Guns. I just choose not to be a jerk about it (I appreciate all their music)

Also, are we forgetting Shennanigans? (Spelled wrong...too lazy to check) That had some pretty good songs...

anonymous

Nimrod. 'Nuff said.

M96