Add Amirite to your Browser

BrettKayceeRileyTheBearahahah_Wait_WatMarlinDBNOA_PhilosopherNopeIWasWrongellephaba101padfoot051106lESliE418asdijojioiojioxjBig_BossBAHAHAHA_winkfaceStalkingPineappleEduardVonBockSylverMoonJustKeepSwimmingNemoDaAce96LovelyLadyBonesSokkasocks97Khana_HatakearmtheangelsTruuninjaaneesta92AbblesDeansGirlForLifeyossarianiluvturtles3kdizzle8488theprincesszeeMyhipusernameMayaspleeummmwellbye12345ImNeverGrowingUpAphroditeValerieFaceyourmomwickedawesomechickPersonaNonGrataKatzeProsopagnosiarowanneHeatherLoschenmlpanda13RawrosaurusRexableTrazzzLazynezpokerface111sierrarayeejordanhefner

ryry67dudefred_the_taconotjustanothergirlmchristiemouse4216Mehhhhhhhali_dshmadEstoniaObsessedRysiax22PurpleKneeSoxdreadlockfarmeralltellTicTacAddictandreanaBrandonisonfireCHOMBYlyenlionHuggersNOTdruggersIAMSTORMSatangucinatashaLynnemongcocklerMomoTenaciousDVegan_GryffnDorkDryTurtleartic_empresshattrick36BreakfastFanthecatcherintheryeGrilled_CheesusGetsome41canadianigloosfoo_jKathrynCaselloJediLynxTheBlindManREBEKKAHxoxokatelyneldorito528491Timmaysoccergurrl9Tempest_TranceSpookyPaigachuukulele32

ArinDeStructionidolR21asdijojioiojioxjanna_bananaJadedPlatypuscreepylittlegirl26theprincesszeeAnnDeevaRachelNSusanfailskdizzle8488behindthoseliesRainbow35AphroditeTalkingRiceninjacow910padfoot051106GhandoucheSavreetCDameequaHpisfrickingawesome
Eminem is comparable to Shakespeare in the sense that their works were both made as entertainment for the uneducated, but upon further inspection, they contain intelligence beyond their time, amirite?

**** these comments, Eminem is like a white Tupac.

tshah520

No... Shakespeare wrote great plays, Eminem just talks fast.

Anonymous

In response to “No... Shakespeare wrote great plays, Eminem...

In their time the plays were considered vulgar entertainment.

Anonymous

just talks fast? i think you need to listen to some real eminem, if you think that's all it is...

asdijojioiojioxj

Just because he is not your style doesn't mean he isn't as special, or more special than Shakespeare.

Anonymous

eminem has more rhymes on relapse alone than shakespeare ever had

Anonymous

Shakespeare will be remembered but Eminem will not.

Anonymous

In response to “Shakespeare will be remembered but Eminem...

You don't know that....

KickAss KickAss

In response to “You don't know that....

it's very predictable

Anonymous

In response to “it's very predictable

You can't prove it...

...

In response to “it's very predictable

How exactly is it predictable? Hitler is remembered for the Holocaust, Shakespeare for his writings, Beethoven for his music. Most of the most famous people now, lived in ridicule and poverty during their time. However after they die, people come up with an excuse to remember them. Why can't we celebrate life, while the person is still alive?

KickAss KickAss

Eminem was actually on the list of top 100 artists of all time, which was voted on by some of the biggest musical artists of the day. He will be remembered.

Linds Linds

In response to “Eminem was actually on the list of top 100...

Could you please send me a link to this?

eldorito

In response to “Could you please send me a link to this?

um it was a vh1 thing. I watched it on tv so im not sure of the link. its probably on their website though.

Linds Linds

Eminem is gay. Shakespeare is a genius.

Zombie Zombie

In response to “Eminem is gay. Shakespeare is a genius.

If you want to get technical, Shakespeare was probably gay, too.

Anonymous

In response to “If you want to get technical, Shakespeare was...

Romeo and Juliet was for his male sex slave...who died, therefor the reason to it being a tragedy.

LivingWhileICammm LivingWhileICammm

tshah520

It's funny that people actually believe what this post says.What the hell is wrong with you

guci guci

are you mildly retarded?

Anonymous

I love how all these people are talking shit about Eminem without even even listening to his music. And by music I don't mean that shit he put out earlier this year, I mean stuff from his prime (1999-2002). Actually listen to his first 3 albums and then you'll be comparing him to Shakespeare, too.

Brett Brett OP

In response to “I love how all these people are talking shit...

How can you prove that none of these people have listened to his earlier stuff?

TheBlindMan TheBlindMan

I think his recent stuff is better than his early songs... Just my opinion, though.

Rainbow35

Ayyo, my pen and paper cause a chain reaction
So get your brain relaxing
Cause Shady the maniac is back in action
My rhymin skills got you climbing hills

Infinite, the SS EP, and the SS LP are amazing.

I **** with women who got HIV
Don't you wanna grow up to be just like me?
I got genital warts and it hurts when I pee

I **** love Eminem.

SexyMonkey SexyMonkey

yeah.. don't ever compare eminem to shakespeare.

Anonymous

wow eminem is awesome..."shake that ****" is hilarious;)
byw shakespear plays ... you cant even understand them

Anonymous

Eminem's work contains very little meaning beyond the surface, and he mostly raps about his own life. No subtlety, no craftiness. Maybe some half-assed similes, but mostly just a collection of clichés. I've never listened to an Eminem song and felt inspired.

People who think he's all that probably just don't know any better. Compared to today's mainstream rappers I guess he's okay, but he doesn't stand up against past geniuses.

SalientK

In response to “Eminem's work contains very little meaning...

Who makes you the judge of that? Do you think that's how people felt about Edgar Allan Poe during his lifetime? I mean most people we consider geniuses now were under appreciated during their time.

In every generation, there is someone exactly like you who expresses those same words about someone else, and you know what? Sometimes that person is right and sometimes that person is wrong. Only time will tell

KickAss KickAss

In response to “Who makes you the judge of that? Do you think...

Eminem is not under appreciated. Every time his name is mentioned, there always seem to be people fawning over how "deep" and "meaningful" his lyrics are. I suspect that the only reason they feel that way is because the only other rap they've heard is complete ****, so they're ready and willing to cling to even the most base "meaning" they can dig up from a Eminem song. Maybe if those same people listened to the work of A Tribe Called Quest or Common, they might wake up and realize the real potential of rap music.

SalientK

In response to “Eminem is not under appreciated. Every time...

I listened to a few songs by A Tribe Called Quest and Common, and they seem good, but not much more or less meaningful than anything else I've heard, and personally I enjoy listening to Eminem more. :P

Rainbow35

In response to “I listened to a few songs by A Tribe Called...

Yeah, on second thought those were bad examples. The Roots might have been a more appropriate one. I enjoy the older hip hop songs, though, because on a purely instrumental note, they are so much more textured. Modern hip hop tends to try for a more clean shaven instrumental with not as much emphasis on adding interesting layers. There's nothing wrong with that; it's just an stylistic evolution is all. I just don't enjoy it as much as the "rough around the edges" old school songs.

SalientK

Well no he isn't under appreciated, but still the thing is we don't know about the future. The future might be so shallow that people will look back to this day and think of Eminem as a genious. I'm pretty sure, there were people who said, (during Edgar Allan's time) "Oh Ed? He write's complete ****, no one will ever care about his writing" and look at him now. We can't know for certain what will happen in the future

KickAss KickAss

In response to “Well no he isn't under appreciated, but still...

Oh, I see what you mean now. Standards change over time.

SalientK

I don't understand how you can say that, i listened to tupac, common, biggie, nas, just about any good rapper i can find, while i love them all, i always will name eminem as the best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8WWaZMboAo

he's got a way of saying things, meaningful things in clever ways
his songs are often written in a way you could think he's endorsing an issue, when it's just the opposite. every time you listen, you'll find something new.

asdijojioiojioxj

actually he is under-appreciated, considering all the technicalities that go into his rhyming, you have no idea how much work he puts into his songs. do you think it's just coincidence that he has one album that tops Lil Wayne's total sales? eminem can and does rap about everything. Maybe if you actually understood lyricism and knew what syllables were all about i could actually have a genuine argument, but you're too stupid to even begin to realize the structures of rap. The fact that you can't dig a meaning out of eminem songs is pretty pathetic.

Anonymous

Little meaning beneath the surface? or maybe you just can't pull that deeper meaning out....ignorance is bliss

Anonymous

Anyone who says eminem's writing isnt intelligent is clueless. yes, alot of his songs are about his real life experiences, but that in itself is more intelligent than most writing. He also writes about politics and people in the music industry. You just have to dig a little deeper and listen to songs rthat dont get played on the radio.

Linds Linds

In response to “Anyone who says eminem's writing isnt...

He writes about politics and people in the music industry? Holy shit I can see why you think he's a genius...

DryTurtle DryTurtle

In response to “He writes about politics and people in the...

Hey ** you. to be honest, I think rap is one of the easiet genres to excel in. All you have to do is write about bitches, hoes, drugs, and sex. He can write about real life things that actually mean something. I didnt say he was a genius but yes some of his songs are intelligent. If you cant see that youre ** stupid.

Linds Linds

In response to “Hey **** you. to be honest, I think rap is...

Okay intelligent, maybe. But there are thousands of artists who write about life and things that have meaning. In no way does that compare them with shakespeare.

DryTurtle DryTurtle

In response to “Okay intelligent, maybe. But there are...

Oh i know that. I really dont listen to rap, ive just always enjoyed eminem. I listen to a lot of post hardcore and pop punk, where just about every song has a deeper meaning to it, but they arent mainstream bands so they wont ever be compared to shakespeare. Although, i think there are better people they could be compared to.

Linds Linds

Rap is one of the easiest genres to excel in? Write about bitches, hoes, drugs, and sex? Haha wow, that's some ignorant thinking right derrr.

@731428 (DryTurtle): Shut the **** up you tool

KickAss KickAss

In response to “Rap is one of the easiest genres to excel in?...

I don't think I will actually, And to be honest you seem like the tool here. You've just insulted two people without even trying to say anything relevent about the topic.

DryTurtle DryTurtle

In response to “I don't think I will actually, And to be...

At the point you two are at, nothing I say will matter. You are both arguing while on the same side of the argument.

KickAss KickAss

In response to “At the point you two are at, nothing I say...

So your argument is not to argue? How interesting

DryTurtle DryTurtle

Thats not ignorant thinking. why would i bother checking out rap thats not on the radio if whats famous is that ****? The only other rapper I actually like is Travie Mccoy because he really does have talent.

Linds Linds

Shakespeare had multiple genres about multiple things. Eminem's songs are all about the same crap.

eldorito

In response to “Shakespeare had multiple genres about...

Not really... Lose Yourself, Beautiful, Stan, 'Til I Collapse, When I'm Gone, 3am, Hailie's Song... They're all about totally different things.

Rainbow35

Um no
Listen to Eminem's album Infinite you'll disagree about him being a lyrical genius.

Not even Shakespeare could rhyme as fluently as Eminem and especially not at that same speed.

You can't compare the two people because Shakespeare was the most amazing playwright of our generation.

While Eminem is just the best Caucasian rapper the world has ever see but that doesn't mean it'll stay the same way. Sadly in our society and day in age more people know about Eminem than they know about Shakespeare and Eminem is still alive. Most geniuses don't get recognized until their death so I'm going to assume that one day Eminem will be remembered and he will be remembered not for being a great rapper but the fact that he was coming from dirt and he became famous through his rapping skill. That should be inspirational to anyone who wasn't born wealthy.

Ghandouche Ghandouche

In response to “Um no Listen to Eminem's album Infinite...

are you saying he wasn't a lyrical genius in infinite?
from the song infinite from the album of the same name-
"MC's are feeble, I came to cause some pandemonium
Battle a band of phony MC's and stand the lonely one
Imitator, Intimidator, Stimulator, Simulator of data, Eliminator
There's never been a greater since the burial of Jesus
**** around and catch all the venereal diseases
My thesis will smash a stereo to pieces
My accapella releases classic masterpieces through telekinesis
And eases you mentally, gently, sentimentally, instrumentally
With entity, dementedly meant to be Infinite"

damn, that's genius if you ask me.

asdijojioiojioxj

In response to “http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO961JvjPpQ...

Way to pick what must be the least intelligent song Eminem has... :P Try this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=...eature=related

Rainbow35

Thats cuz your picking and choosing, I admit Relapse and the album before that were trash and recovery is decent but listen to Infinite.

Ghandouche Ghandouche

In response to “Thats cuz your picking and choosing, I admit...

you're an idiot. relapse was his best lyrical album, you are just part of that 95% of the nation that can't look past the accent. Listen to Stay Wide Awake, the second verse is all one huge syllable rhyme.

(every sentence rhymes perfectly, syllable for syllable, with "but they can't see what i can see, there's a vacancy in my tummy)

But they can't see what I can see there's a vacancy in my tummy
It's makin' me play hide n' seek like Jason I'm so hungry
She's naked see no privacy but I can see she wants me
So patient see I try to be but Gee why does she taunt me
Pulls the drapes and she goes right to sleep
And I creep right through the front see
So blatantly but silently cuz I know that she's sound asleep
Who's wakin' me so violently and why is he on top of me
He's rapin' me she try's to scream somebody please get him off me
He's tapin' me he's biting me he's laughing likes it's funny
She's scrapin' me she's fightin' me she's scratching like some dumb freak
Escapin' me no dice ya see I might just be Ted Bundy

Anonymous

The rhythm of the words and all that is actually quite good, if you an ignore what it's actually saying... :P

Anonymous

words from Macbeth: ‘If it twere done when ‘t is done, then ‘t were well It were done quickly.’ “

Anonymous

Yea, because "My Name Is" just practically screams deep and meaningful to me...

Ketu Ketu

In response to “Yea, because "My Name Is" just...

oh sorry i didn't realize the question was based on meaningfulness, oh wait..it wasn't.

Anonymous

It's completely possible to think both Eminem and Shakespeare are/were genius. And saying that they're incomparable doesn't make you any smarter. Eminem is a good musician. His songs are meaningful and intelligent and sometimes even funny. And I'm willing to bet that half the people who believe Shakespeare was a genius wouldn't think so if he wrote the same things in modern English.

Anonymous

Eminem and Shakespeare has something very common together. They both weren't educated. Eminem dropped out of school in the ninth grade. Did Shakespeare even have an education? Look at what they both accomplished in their lives. Some of the best writings ever to have been written in the history of time. Recovery is pure poetry. Each song has a double meaning. And his other albums such as the Eminem Show or the Marshall Mathers LP are incredible albums. Eminem play on words is so incredible. Look at what happened when he left for about five years. Hip hop and rap went downhill. It sucked. Then Eminem came back and BAM! Rap was back again, people had something to listen to. Eminem is one of the greatest writers ever.

bbhatti12 bbhatti12

He isn't saying they are similar, he is just comparing the lyricism. Eminem is the most technical rapper of all time, and Shakespeare is the greatest playwright of all time. Eminem's personification, internal, external, inverse, syllable, and just rhyme scheme in general is comparable to the likes of Shakespeare and Poe. They are technically similar, and this does not make there material similar. If you are still arogant enough to say that eminem is a garbage lyricist you are probably either not a fan of rap in general, or you have a strong appreciation for Shakespeare, ultimately making it difficult to compare the two. Lets keep all the bias arguments out of this, alot of these comments are pathetic, subjective, ignorant remarks.

Anonymous

Continue