Bear_ShebaAverageSlytherinRiddlesAreHardKhana_HatakeDanielJamesGeorginaliceMoretotheeyeJT874theplaymakerAnathepoppinyouallApple_Bottom_JeanscoolestguyeverGryndStoneaaaaImNeverGrowingUpJoesephanneso53PaigachuLordThundercuntCyanideBearVexlucy95T3canolislkroMashedBananaUkuleleGirlloorahMikeHuntTheMaineDestineemark_smorgasboardglowAdonisBatheusmc2147Grills_BearsRajAlexandraTheGreatRysiaVaharidanceanidanceDefyingIndecisionmonstrositySylverMoonepic_fail11StaceysDadTheChaikasKeith_StonethinkfathomlessChuckTomBub

BakerGator96twat_waffleajeanscoGhandouchehorsechickJeffestAngelic_dudeWeDoTooHaveHeartslaughingleah97_Mike_Imaybewrongirish_wristwatchsosillyInu_chanCharleyCriscoEmanuelaSchneiderBoudicaeleanor_dashwoodidolR21MontanaSarjada03JennaGeectiscoolerPersonYouDontKnowmusiccc26sydnaynaymollbear25Likerawrrx3unicornjumperI_Hate_Underscoressrm27520JennlovesmcrMandii_SmithARainbowZebraHermione_Grangerpeace_love_happinessima_fucking_ray_of_sunshinelauren4004sammicshortillathehunEvalynAt_home_in_AOTEAROAEmbezzlementEstoniaObsessedIEatRiceDevlan27PumpkinatorImTheRealShadyKatze

andylovesmcfcBredamngirl
In Britain we have Guy Fawkes night, where we celebrate the failed murder of the king. In a hundred years, maybe America will have a Bin Laden night, where they celebrate the failed murder of the American Dream, amirite?

Why is this down-voted so much?

Khana_Hatake Khana_Hatake

Why is this down-voted so much?

Khana_Hatake Khana_Hatake

In response to “Why is this down-voted so much?

Possibly because a lot of people lost loved ones on 9/11. I don't really know anything about British history, but did a lot of people die during the "failed murder of the king"? If not, then the two events don't seem comparable.

srm27520 srm27520

In response to “Possibly because a lot of people lost loved...

During the period of Catholicism, hundreds of thousands were imprisoned as heretics, burned at the stake etc.

Bear_Sheba Bear_Sheba OP

hate to point out the obvious here but it was a failed atempt to blow up parliament.

At_home_in_AOTEAROA

In response to “hate to point out the obvious here but it was...

The purpose of the 9/11 attacks was not to destroy the Trade Centers, there was a political goal that was not achieved, I know its a stretch, but the point is that we should celebrate the failure of Al Qaeda

Bear_Sheba Bear_Sheba OP

Yes, the plan was to blow up the houses of parliament but the point was, not just to see the pretty lights, but to murder King James I in order to hopefully install a monarch who had Catholic sympathies.
So yes, it was a failed attempt to blow up parliament but, at the same time, it was a failed attempt to murder the king.

thinkfathomless thinkfathomless

i live in england, and since when did we celebrate guy fawkes night? O_o

Anonymous

In response to “i live in england, and since when did we...

We do celebrate guy Fawkes night! And it was because the guy was trying to blow up the houses of parliament not a king.

chew

Where the hell do you live?! Everywhere I've ever been in England (and especially around where I live) they have bonfires and firework displays around November 5th..

thinkfathomless thinkfathomless

When I first read this, I thought it was saying we failed at murdering Bin Laden, who is the American Dream.

WOW. so wrong. haha

Cole

What the hell... Guy Fawkes didn't try and murder the King, I don't live or have ever been to England and I know this. And how was Bin Laden killing the American Dream exactally?

SpearmintMilk SpearmintMilk

In response to “What the hell... Guy Fawkes didn't try and...

Bin Laden, among lots of others, don't like America and what we stand for. What do we stand for? The American Dream. By taking down the Twin Towers he thought it'd be a big hit on capitalism (a big part of the Dream), the first step to bringing it all down.

Sqwancho Sqwancho

The American dream IS dying. It's pretty damned hard/impossible to be in a dual-earning relationship, own a house, have happy kids and live comfortably in these economic times. Bin Laden caused a war that sent our spending and deficit thru the roof, greatly adding to our financial woes as a country and leading to the downfall of the American dream....bye-bye middle class :(

Anonymous

In response to “The American dream IS dying. It's pretty...

im middle class and im still living happily

anonymous

I guess because most of the people on this site are from the USA is the reason this got down-voted so much.

Kaitlyn Kaitlyn

In response to “I guess because most of the people on this...

Any mention of 9/11 gets voted down I think. It was a **** post, but I wasn't expecting this sort of flaming. Oh well

Bear_Sheba Bear_Sheba OP

lol americans win

Bre

Lol all these people that dumb down this must be butt hurt amerifags

Anonymous