guitarguylittlewonderGolfWangStar_Fox_EliteHelloKittyLilblair16JennaGeeaviaiWeasleyQuaintPancakeseldoritoPurpleMoshMallowAgentBookwormTambourinestSillyBananaNajiaRayraydiff3r3ntfighterHermione_GrangerProsopagnosiaBDubImTheRealShady_Z_SEXY_BEASTmorganiooAngelic_dudectiscoolerImNeverGrowingUpSorenjjulie1koolkokoBodaciousNoodlespiratedicecreamjohnsontabithaanything_chocolateKlainerdragonrider713RachelisCoolishwillisjawdeparturingrapemasterflexMadsbroadwaygleekAuroraCitycheer4miaMaggiLynnsonBlooregard_Q_Kazoox4everxlove101lucy95Blaire_Alisan

Hipsterjustwondering28nowayitskaylehbookfreak_RUMBLEROAR_VictoryAACDestroyMySweaterJennlovesmcrKayla_Loves_YouKristentwistedfireSnobbyDrugAddictBunnyaaaaThatOneNutPercybigmac14DevilishEggloverat222thevisionary56xiofangamiwhiteChampionescape_thisRedotihatesocksStepharoothatguysGhost_BananaB_Diddyhayroseima_fucking_ray_of_sunshinerunnerdudebLuE_eLeMeNtcanadianigloosmakenapearlDracobrowninggalvballfreak67_PSflip_side_pridesarahfthelastfrappiccunoEmptyMelodiesCapnCampCampRoyiEminemthisisnotaudreyIrresistableYEAHMAN

RoxiemisskaelynMikePullamSkittles_12anything_chocolaterrw070193Death_WinkWatermelonAgentBookwormtyperteckAmberMarks
Everyone bitching about the president: Shut the hell up. He tried to do what he thought was best for his country and you just sit there on your **** and complain. His situation was crap going in but at least he is trying to fix it and you elected him! If you cant vote then its not your problem yet any way so shut up. If you want something to change, get up and do something. amirite?

First of all just because you can't vote doesn't make it not your problem. If i could vote I would. The decisions the president makes will change my life whether i like it or not. And you need to stop your bitching about bitching.

mouse4216

I agree with this, but this is too much of a rant to make it on the homepage so it's not really going to do much of anything.

Lanz

Word.

Burlesque

while i know there are some people who complain way too much, not everyone voted for him. i agree with what you're saying, people need to make a change if they want a change. However, some people are unable to make a change. Futhermore, I think it's fair to let my generation be a little miffed, we're getting hung out to dry on this one.

justwondering28

Alas, if only someone would defend President Bush like this...But will that ever happen? Nope. I do think President Obama has done the best he could, but I believe that of every president.

Amanda

In response to “Alas, if only someone would defend President...

yea, nobody defends bush

justwondering28

In response to “yea, nobody defends bush

Not even himself..

Julian

...I wonder why...

DanielJames DanielJames

Bush was pretty bad, but it wasn't all his fault. He was set up for disaster.

Anonymous

In response to “Bush was pretty bad, but it wasn't all his...

How exactly was Bush set up for disaster?

DanielJames DanielJames

In response to “How exactly was Bush set up for disaster?

Clinton's loan policy started the recession.
People couldn't pay back their loans, which they got because of his policy.

Anonymous

In response to “Clinton's loan policy started the...

While Clinton's loan policy may have had an affect on the economy, Bush's tax cuts, two unnecessary and prolonged wars, the housing bubble, unemployment, etc. had a much greater impact...leading to the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression.

DanielJames DanielJames

In response to “While Clinton's loan policy may have had an...

effect**
And Clinton's policy had a HUUUUUUUUUGE effect on the economy. HUGE.
I'm not saying Bush didn't. He definitely did, but he's not the only one to blame.
And Obama increased unemployment, and many people are cutting education funds but increasing welfare [which doesn't make sense IMO]
We've just had a crappy few presidents.

Anonymous

In response to “effect** And Clinton's policy had a...

Thank you for correcting me. As a self-professed Grammar Nazi, I am ashamed. Also, I never said that Bush deserves 100% of the blame. The problems date back all the way to Bush Sr. However, the majority of the blame is on Bush.

DanielJames DanielJames

People defended Bush in exactly this manner just a few years ago.

a_fetus a_fetus

mouse4216

Think about it.

SillyBanana SillyBanana

It's not our problem yet? Of course it isn't, because everyone knows you aren't an American affected by the government until you're 18.

_RUMBLEROAR_ _RUMBLEROAR_

In response to “It's not our problem yet? Of course it isn't...

why are we always left out of the picture? you're absolutely right, we have to deal with it too

justwondering28

In response to “why are we always left out of the picture?...

I know! It's like just because we aren't old enough to vote, we aren't old enough to have an opinion either! And even if Bush wasn't a great president, Obama is way worse, so I don't know why people here always bring up Bush.

_RUMBLEROAR_ _RUMBLEROAR_

In response to “I know! It's like just because we aren't old...

"And even if Bush wasn't a great president, Obama is way worse, so I don't know why people here always bring up Bush."

^ That is why your opinion is void

DanielJames DanielJames

In response to “"And even if Bush wasn't a great...

Excuse me? http://blog.heritage.org/?p=4210
This is why your opinion is void.

_RUMBLEROAR_ _RUMBLEROAR_

In response to “Excuse me?...

The shadow of the recession will be apparent for the next decade. The economy has to get worse before it can get better. It cannot be fixed in a matter of months or even a matter of years. Slowly, our situation will improve. Both the national and global economy have already shown minor signs of recovery. I only wish people would realize how slow this process will take. You can disagree with his policies, but Obama is doing everything in his power to reverse the course of our failing nation.

DanielJames DanielJames

In response to “The shadow of the recession will be apparent...

You know, everyone says that, and it makes me wonder, how will it get better when he keeps spending us into oblivion? What exactly was the difference between Bush's frivolous spending and Obama's right now? I'm not trying to be sarcastic, I would honestly like someone to explain that to me.

_RUMBLEROAR_ _RUMBLEROAR_

In response to “You know, everyone says that, and it makes me...

To put it simply: Bush's spending put America into an economic hole; Obama's spending is trying to dig us out of the economic hole.

Bush did not focus his spending on fixing the economy until late into his second term. He simply spent money on his policies, which turned into economic failures. Meanwhile, the focus of Obama's spending is on fixing the economy.

Hopefully that makes sense.

DanielJames DanielJames

In response to “To put it simply: Bush's spending put America...

But what is the difference between the spending? Is it what they were spending on?

_RUMBLEROAR_ _RUMBLEROAR_

In response to “But what is the difference between the...

Bush spent the majority of his budget on defense and wars, while doing very little to save the housing bubble/economy. The majority of Obama's spending is being spent to revive the economy he inherited, through such programs as his stimulus package and his investments in jobs and education.

DanielJames DanielJames

Why is his opinion void? He believes that, you see it otherwise. It's not fair to simply dismiss his opinion because you disagree.

hayya3

In response to “Why is his opinion void? He believes that...

It was semi-sarcasm. Yes, he is entitled to his opinion.

DanielJames DanielJames

In response to “Lol, I'm a girl

sorry about that ma'am...

hayya3

If you read the whole thing, he said my opinion was void, and I meant his opinion on my opinion being void is void, wow, that was one confusing sentence

_RUMBLEROAR_ _RUMBLEROAR_

We have to deal with it more than the current adults do. We'll be paying for all of these bailouts and reforms. We will be the broke ones.
If the economy is increasing now, it'll decrease once all of these so-called "it will work!" bailouts from the past 3-5 years have to get paid for.

Katffro Katffro

OP plays guitar, enough said about his druggie liberal retarded agenda.

Troggy

I agree that people should give Obama a break. People wanted immediate solutions to our issues, but two years isn't enough time for everything to be resolved. If only reform was that easy.

jcad16 jcad16

Woo! Another post where people can show how little they know about Amurrrican government and politics!

DanielJames DanielJames

In response to “Woo! Another post where people can show how...

Using Obama being a Muslim as a negative characteristic shows how little you know.

LAKERSoverHEAT LAKERSoverHEAT

In response to “Using Obama being a Muslim as a negative...

It was a sarcastic post. I was pointing out the fact that the user wrongly claims Obama to be a socialist. Then I sarcastically added other common misconceptions about Obama.

DanielJames DanielJames

In response to “It was a sarcastic post. I was pointing out...

My bad, couldn't tell.

LAKERSoverHEAT LAKERSoverHEAT

I think Obama got too overwhelmed by what he had to do versus what he thought he had to do. He is not doing anyhting to help this country. Trying to be a socialist in a democratic country is not the answer America needs to fix our problems

bookfreak bookfreak

In response to “I think Obama got too overwhelmed by what he...

Just because a country is socialist, dosn't mean it's not democratic -face desk face desk face desk-. And you can't say he is trying to turn America into a socialist country until the day that he proposes banning all private run enterprise.

SpearmintMilk SpearmintMilk

In response to “Just because a country is socialist, dosn't...

I am aware that you can have a socialist democratic country. I am arguing the fact that America was built on Capitalism and the ability to go from nothing to something with one idea. Obama, while not proposing outright to ban all private enterprises, is doing a hell of alot against it, which then is only making our debt bigger, faster. He needs to promote the small businesses which he is NOT doing (when he is promoting his socialist ideals) if America is to get back on its feet.

bookfreak bookfreak

In response to “I am aware that you can have a socialist...

"Trying to be a socialist in a democratic country is not the answer" You should have said "Trying to be a socialist in a capitalist country is not the answer"

Obama is trying to help small buisness the republican party kept trying to block the small buisness bill, but two of them went against the party and helped it pass.
http://www.usfinancialpost.com/...ericans/85963/
Anyway I'm not even American, I just find your politics intresting.

SpearmintMilk SpearmintMilk

In response to “"Trying to be a socialist in a democratic...

dude, you are probly more aware than half these people bitchin lol

Renegade

yeah you are right I messed up what I was trying to say, and thank you for the article. I am mad because the only information on politics I can find nowadays is online, and I haven't had alot of time to catch up since summer, because we don't have tv (so no Fox News=[) but thanks again=]

bookfreak bookfreak

In response to “yeah you are right I messed up what I was...

That's ok, but it does annoy me when people make uneducated claims againt Obama (or really any other person). It's ok if you don't like him, but make sure you have a valid reason not just what someone else told you, do research and form your own opinons. If you want information on politics don't rely on one source, especially Fox News beacause they are very bias.

SpearmintMilk SpearmintMilk

Then tell everyone else who is STILL complaining about BUSH

DestroyMySweater DestroyMySweater

It's because he's black, isn't it? Bastards.

Vex Vex

I'm assuming you mean the American president then?

StaceysDad StaceysDad

He won the election, but that doesn't mean everybody in the country voted for him, and just because somebody can't vote doesn't mean they shouldn't be concerned. What this guy does is going to affect our entire country's population. Saying that you don't have to be worry just because you're young is ignorant.

Plus, a big part of democracy is the idea of there being more than one opinion. In telling anyone critical of the president to shut up, you should also be telling anyone relentlessly singing his praises (such as you) to shut up, too, to be completely fair.

Anon

MAYBE you should stop talking BECAUSE your sad and have nothing better to do than complain about other people complaining and cuss.
AND the president is having PRAISES sung about him in schools and the schools wont have a mention of Christianity without suspending the kid who is doing good and living life praising the LORD!
So, I can't vote yet, but I still am knocked off by Obama

In response to “MAYBE you should stop talking BECAUSE your...

(): Random CAPITALIZED words do not HELP your ARGUMENT.

DanielJames DanielJames

Considering what bush got us into, Obama is doing a hell of a job.
He passed the health care bill, so at least he's TRYING.

bubblybundle2727

In response to “Considering what bush got us into, Obama is...

And how is the health care bill supposed to get us out of recession? As far as I can tell, it's basically forcing insurance companies to insure everyone. Anyone who knows how insurance works can tell you that that will push prices higher. When people are spending their money on insurance bills and not consumer goods, we aren't going to even break the surface of this recession.

Proud American

In response to “And how is the health care bill supposed to...

(Proud American): Do you even know what it is? Healthcare would be payed for through taxes, meaning YOU wont have to pay for insurance directly-you probly dont know cus your probly under your parents insurance still (the healthcare bill would allow you to be under your rents till your 25 btw) . Yes taxes may be a bit higher but it would be paying for insurance. Just wait till you are not covered by your parents anymore, and you get injured or sick-then you have to pull 5000 out of you **** for the hospital. If they regulated and taxed marijuana that would generate over 10 billion in tax revenue each year and that would be a consumer good many would be happy to buy.

Renegade

In response to “(Proud American): Do you even know what it...

Ah, so you're one of those people that believe that Obama is going to get money out of nowhere to pay for everyone's healthcare? I know you mentioned taxes, but there's a problem with that - they don't generate the funds necessary to pay for every sick person in America. We're already in a major deficit, complements of several presidents, (including your beloved Obama), and adding another bill onto the already overwhelming list of things our government isn't going to help the economy, including YOU. Or are you one of those people that live off of welfare? Also, regarding the marijuana, do you think that the entire legislative body will agree to include that? It's hard enough getting a state to do it, let alone a country. So for your idealist agenda, you have failed.

Proud American

In response to “Ah, so you're one of those people that...

(Proud American): Just for the record I do not worship Obama, and no I do not live off welfare. I dont believe he is going to pull money out of his ** either. Its kinda lame to assume shit like that about people, like every person for the health care bill is some poor lazy that wants to live straight off of the government. I just think its a bit messed up that more people die a year from not having health insurance than people die a year from cigarettes. It's worked for Canada, and its working for Australia-where you can basically chose to have private insurance but if you dont you are covered. Some people have legitimate disabilities and can not have a good job, not everyone it a lazy ** like you think. You would feel dandy if you saw someone you love refuse to go to the hospital because they can not afford it. I agree it can probly be re-written and tweaked, maybe we are not ready for it but I just think it would be better for us, at least I'm compassionate.

Renegade

(Proud American): Also regarding marijuana: Of coarse it wont happen instantly on a national level. California will probly go first, or perhaps another western state. Although prop 19 did not pass, it will definitely be back in 2012. Not enough people went out to vote for it, but the fact that it was there made a big difference. But If one state does do it, and it works out well, the dominoes shall fall. Also, the least they can do is decriminalize it.

Renegade

(Proud American): I am taking your lack of response as a surrender

Renegade

You would be covered until you're 26 with the health care bill

rrw070193

In response to “You would be covered until you're 26 with the...

aha yeah, I knew it was something like that, 25 seemed rounder to me I guess.

Renegade

tl;dr nuff said.

Anonymous

I agree, except saying that this is not the problem of those of us who can't vote yet. It's our future. Therefore, it's our problem, too.

BlacklightsAndQueens BlacklightsAndQueens

um, yah... I voted for McCain

lilyp

if people can't vote yet, it's still affecting them... So it's still their problem.

Batman Batman

In response to “if people can't vote yet, it's still...

Not really cus chances are they live with their parents and dont have to pay for shit.

Renegade

In response to “Not really cus chances are they live with...

Their parents have to pay for 'that shit' which then effects them.

cough.

In response to “Their parents have to pay for 'that shit'...

(cough.): Okay so if it affects them paying for things you really need then yeah it affects you, but if they cant pay for your flashy new phone or some fancy jeans then get over it.
My dad lost his job when a democratic governor was elected and it did affect us, so in this recent election my dad voted republican. But just cus of that it doesnt mean I voted republican (I actually voted libertarian, so it was neither) I am just saying that you can have your own opinion so long as YOU formed it, from your own readings/findings rather than just what your parents think. My biggest issue is rich kids that automatically side with their parents cus their parents dont want to pay a wee bit more on their taxes, these kids dont realize that they are not going to be rich when they move out on their own. I'm not rich so I dont care as much about things that I dont need.

Renegade

I'm from canada :D

Anonymous

In response to “I'm from canada :D

im jealous xD

Renegade

In response to “im jealous xD

Everyones jealous of Canadians :D

Lovetheoc

We try do something but what can we do? and i definitely did NOT vote him in. and why cant we say anything about obama but you got to say a whole crapload of stuff about bush?

sarahf sarahf

In response to “We try do something but what can we do? and i...

Write a god damn letter if you cant vote.
Basically if people dont spend money on shit our economy wont get better as fast.

Renegade

i didnt say abunch of crap about bush.

guitarguy guitarguy OP

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but I most definitely agree that PEOPLE have to make personal changes too or we will get nowhere. Bitching isnt gonna help, being proactive is. You can have a opinion and NOT ****.

Renegade

We are currently spending billions of dollars a year to keep NON-VIOLENT marijuana offenders in jail. If they Legalized (regulated and taxed) marijuana. We would SAVE a shitload of money + the 10 billion dollars generated by selling it. We could use industrial hemp to make fuel, paper, clothing, and food (non-psychoactive).Lets work on achieving this.

Renegade

Some really popular girls whos parents are republicans (I'm from Texas...nuff said) were whispering during one of his speeches we were playing in class and were saying stuff like "oh he's so stupid, he's not even CHRISTIAN, he's Muslim or something. He doesn't even know what he's saying! He's black, so he's real stupid"
and I'm like
"actually he IS christian, by choice, and he got his law degree and went to Harvard. I'm sure he's very stupid"
they shut up after that.

StephanieIsMe StephanieIsMe

In response to “Some really popular girls whos parents are...

OMG that makes me so mad when people automatically side with their parents. Like, you are not gonna be living with them forever-who cares if the parents have to pay a teeny weeny bit more on their taxes (cus they are rich),the offspring wont be so rich on your own and would probly get a break. dumb bitches

Renegade

In response to “OMG that makes me so mad when people...

Tell me about it. I mean, yes you can afford your UGG boots and expensive jeans, iPhones, shirts, everything NOW, but what happens when you don't make enough money to maintain that lifestyle because you didn't try hard enough academically? I mean, y'all aren't THAT special

StephanieIsMe StephanieIsMe

In response to “Tell me about it. I mean, yes you can afford...

I side with my parents! But that is because I have been brainwashed my entire life. Yes, by my parents, but still.

Tangletalon Tangletalon

In response to “I side with my parents! But that is because I...

nah I mean I side with my parents (democrats), but I don't make uneducated claims against a person, you know? I guess it is because that's the way I grew up, but I try to make my own decisions based on information and fact, you know?

StephanieIsMe StephanieIsMe

I'd like to see some of you **** try to run a country. It's not a very eas job.

Anonymous

yeah their parents are probably paying their way through the world for right now but eventually that'll change unless they die before their parents and what happens today effects the future so... They still need to be concerned with the affairs of the world.

Batman Batman

In response to “yeah their parents are probably paying their...

Yes they can still be concerned and politically aware so long as they formed their own opinions based on their own findings and readings rather than just what their parents think. If they are worried about their future then what they should be doing is preparing themselves for it, as long as you are prepared to face a challenge (cus that basically what life is in general) then everything's gonna be okay.

Renegade

Obama has thus far capitalized on few of the campaign promises he made. Many people on this thread have said it is a process and can't be changed in a matter of 2 year. why was his campaign slogan "change" then? if he couldn't change it why did he run under that word?

Also, for those of you bashing Bush, feel free to bash your congress, as it was democratic for most of Bush's time in office.

Bush couldn't change the Clinton loan mandate, which stated fannie may and freddy mac needed to make loans to people who were unqualified. these toxic loans began trickling down to town banks (this is why the government bailed out the banks, if they hadn't we would all be screwed)

What I'm saying is obama isn't as good as he said he would be. "getmo" is open, the war is waging, the economy is still in shambles, taxes went up, and the health care bill didn't get passed. great job.

lovemesomeJesus

Ah, don't you love the smell of not being able to have an opinion in the morning?
I agree with what you seem to be trying to say- he's only human and is trying his best. But it's not our problem if we are underage and can't vote? Not true at al. You think politics does not effect children and teenagers?
And how do you know people just sit on their asses and complain? Most everyone is out there working long hours all day to feed themselves and their family. So what everyone isn't involved in politics, that means we can't have an opinion or complain about anything?
Too much complaining is annoying, but complaining is better than being complacent and just shutting up, which apperently we are supposed to do if we don't like something. Nice...

cough.

Fact: Obama has proven to be an incompetent president.

ItsPreeGood ItsPreeGood

In response to “Fact: Obama has proven to be an incompetent...

Where did this 'fact' come from?

Renegade

In response to “Where did this 'fact' come from?

Uh, where do ANY facts come from?

ItsPreeGood ItsPreeGood

In response to “Uh, where do ANY facts come from?

The internet. Where on the internet did this "fact" come from?

Tangletalon Tangletalon

No matter who the president is, LIFE IS NOT EASY. It may be easy now if you are living at home but seriously having a different president wont magically make it easier. So here is my advice: 1)Do well in school, if not be very creative and maybe you will get lucky. 2) get a good job 3)Stay positive no matter what shit comes your way. 4) DONT GET PREGNANT UNLESS YOU ARE READY FOR THAT SHIT, IF YOU HAVE ** GO ON THE PILL! 5) most important, no matter what ENJOY LIFE, have fun go on adventures STOP ** WORRYING about the future 6)all you need to care about is NOW because time doesnt exist, the future doesnt exist yet. NOW does.

Renegade