JimiHendrixWhackaFlyingGuineaPiganelleGMScodecoletteMissAutumnFallJT874LivvieJulieHelenFalloutOWCharlesTGGeorginaliceSnobbyDrugAddictTheMaineDestineetremorsinmybody7StaryddraigarianDanielleHertzovitzGrilled_CheesusSycamoreKellyBelly22SpearmintMilkLillieErialcYecatsmrjustinpiersonadubsaperfectsonnetRoyhaleyhsfMagic_Eight_BallMarcoOshin37derpsansaFlyingPandaPheromonesPianomanLuffymidnightcookiessavreet02lovemrhatandclogsSobriquetJulia_likes_BrennanCanadian_NinjaIwannafingeryouJenniferAverageSlytherintoolrachelfoureyes

ArtemisJennitaliaparamorespidermanamjjulieAmbularArnoldVanDerWaltLoveIsTheMovementBardagiINsideOUTsidepantherfanaticDaAce96NiggletRunawaysLaprasthisisnotaudreymariaahxImNeverGrowingUpeieioshortillathehunel_scorchoPurpleKneeSoxthatsnotmynameElena_Roger_

troglobitezoegoesrawrSusanfailsmusiclover
If you have a terminal illness, you should be allowed to commit (medically assisted) suicide if you want too, amirite?

In other words, you support euthanasia.
Me too :D

Whacka Whacka

In other words, you support euthanasia.
Me too :D

Whacka Whacka

If you don't know how many Os the word 'to' has, it shouldn't be an option :|

Anonymous

We all have a terminal illness...it's called living. So how come suicide under normal circumstances isn't okay? If I want to shoot someone, do I get to? No, that's murder. And suicide is murder of yourself under any circumstances...so it shouldn't really be okay.

Anonymous

In response to “We all have a terminal illness...it's called...

"living" isn't the same as a terminal illness where they are in pain 24/7 and probably can't even walk because they are too weak or it would hurt too much. Not being able to bathe or feed themselves or even go to the toilet without help.

SpearmintMilk SpearmintMilk

In response to “"living" isn't the same as a terminal...

Excuse me, i think you mean where they "could" have those issues, it is not a given. So does that go for people who are paralyzed? People who are depressed and are in pain 24/7?

Anonymous

In response to “Excuse me, i think you mean where they...

Most of the time if you have a terminal illness you will have those issues and more. No it doesn't apply to those people because they haven't got a set time limit where they will die, like the people who the assisted suicide would be for. They arn't just going to let people kill themselves there would be very strict guidelines. Why keep suffering for the last few days when you can say goodbye to your family and just peacefully die.

SpearmintMilk SpearmintMilk

In response to “Most of the time if you have a terminal...

becuz if your family actually loves you they will want you to be with them as long as possible...even if i were in pain i would want to have as much time as possible with the people i love. and what if i had a terminal illness but i didn't want to medically commit suicide, but people are telling me i should just "peacefully die"? i have that pressure on me to kill myself? That's not a good thing

Anonymous

In response to “becuz if your family actually loves you they...

No one is sugessting everybody who has a terminal illness have a medically assisted suicide it would be diffrent for each case. But people should be able to choose to end their suffering. I know I would respect my family's wishes for what ever they decide if they were in that situation and if that was assisted suicide then it would still be hard but it would be their choice to make not mine. Like I said there would be strict rules to prevent people killing themselves because they were pressured into it.

SpearmintMilk SpearmintMilk

that's a bold statement. I guess not everyone is as brave as you. I watched my granddad suffer until the day he died and, frankly, I'd rather he died earlier than for him and his family to live through that. And judging from his state in the last few days, I'd say he probably would've wanted the same.

JimiHendrix JimiHendrix OP

Its to NOT too!!

Anonymous

Well that's kinda like how people say abortion is ok if that's what the mother wants. Its her body. So whoever wants to commit medical assisted suicide, well its their body...I completely disagree with everything I just said though.

Nicole_Anonymous Nicole_Anonymous

In response to “Well that's kinda like how people say...

haha :) technically, the embryo is not part of the woman's body so that argument is invalid. If we go by "do what you want, it's your body" why is their a drinking age? Why are there illegal drugs? Et cetera.

Anonymous

it's a terminal illness. You're going to die anyways. In most cases, you'll have a painful or extremely uncomfortable few weeks of life left. I think most people, would rather say goodbye to their families and go peacefully.

JimiHendrix JimiHendrix OP

I don't support this. It's like you're giving up on life. People have too little faith in themselves.

Anonymous

In response to “I don't support this. It's like you're giving...

it's not giving up if you're going to die anyway.

JimiHendrix JimiHendrix OP

Yeah I know but people don't seem to get that.

Nicole_Anonymous Nicole_Anonymous

I just saw this movie last night, a guy was dying and got a heart transplant. He was good for a but but then his body started rejecting the heart. The doctor was like you should come and stay in the hospital till we find you a new hear (even though he only has like a month and its very unlikely that they will find one. The guy was like "screw you, you just want me to come stay in here so I can wait to die better. I would rather die outside than in this place"
Not exactly to do with euthanasia, but patients DO have the right to refuse treatment. Its called autonomy.

Renegade

In response to “I just saw this movie last night, a guy was...

but then you'd die in pain.

JimiHendrix JimiHendrix OP

In response to “but then you'd die in pain.

I know, I am totally for euthanasia. I'm just sayin, if you arent gonna kill yourself, it can be better to wait to die outside of the hospital (doin shit) than inside one (being a vegetable) even if the pain is greater because they are not constantly pumping you with drugs. I also remembered that the guy did end up killing himself, but there was all this other **** up shit going on-like he was banging his heart donors wife while shes trying to get him to kill the guy that hit her husband with a car. It was an ok movie, its called 21 grams. Naomi Watts, Sean Penn and Benincio Del Toro

Renegade

We were talking about this in history the other day. Some guy is unable to move his whole body, and he wants to be killed legally. It's not legal where he lives though, so he has to go to Orgeon...

Me

I'm suppose to be writting a paper on this right now instead of slacking and being on amirite...

nantsingonyama nantsingonyama

My best friend once fell off of his motor cycle and broke his neck, he was paralyzed from his neck down. His wife left him because she couldn't take the burden of him. Then his boss fired him because he couldn't do anything in his job anymore. Without a job, he couldn't pay his taxes, so the I.R.S came and condemned his house. So he went to Switzeralnd (where suicide laws are not vey strict) and payed someone his life savings to shoot him. Do you think that he should have been able to kill himself? Well I do

dealtorfer dealtorfer

If someones pet had a termianl illness, its considered more inhumane to not put them to sleep if they don't have much longer to live and our suffering. I understand people are not animals, but there isn't really that much of difference between them. And since these are people who can voice their consent for it instead of animals who are given no choice, why is it so much worse?

nantsingonyama nantsingonyama

Why do you need to have a terminal illness? If I want to kill myself, then I'll simply commit suicide whether the law allows it or not. With other words, you've got the right to choose between a hospital or my dirty basement which will just make the house much less attractive and cleaning up of my body harder and more painful. It's your choice.

For those who aren't able to kill themselves probably have someone around them that would help them to commit suicide, I certainly would. Now do you want a doctor to do it, or do you want to make it hard on his or her friend?

UrkiN UrkiN

Dr. Jack Kevorkian :) enough said.

bbyxvamp