• Topics:Books
  • Featured on the home page on Dec 13th 2010
  • Post Of The Day on Feb 17th 2012

MissAutumnFall_RUMBLEROAR_AtheisticMysticsoccergurrl9Supper4dinnerI_Predict_A_Riotlovealex513kackyGreatValueJokerLittleRedSittinKittycubsfan012512BeedleTheBardMy_Dinosaur_Life528491laureneli23ProsopagnosiaPurpleKneeSoxshelbyam118Thomaslitapd311biondelloTartcornTaterHappythedragondragonrider713kaymarmark_ziggystardust_MsChanandlerBongOnePenguinDanielJamesHey_Wheres_PerryThattorichickdma413EduardVonBockPracticeSafeLunch33shortillathehunHarryPotterFan777Big_BossFideliusemarteldoritoArahRahJustKeepSwimmingNemomidnightcookiessugarbabyStepharooTheOC_lovers

astral_queenChristmasLightsafternoonerelishaleeIcelsammicFreAker158hughmaniteeManila101AshadowofherselfSlim_Shadyeaglefan607iercSamanthaJacksonMs_Independentschenmokpurple_dinosaurBetterThanEzra1119John_Gunnamirite1odgLibbyPaigeALkuncoolstoryTheVoiceOfReasonyeahithoughtsoadvenger32jaydakinsssjaynelanejazzman3mileycyrussilvershadow6emilysoccer2HandsyXin_a_tizzleXDimezXTheRagingDilemmaPugSuzywaoDistinctions

TicTacAddictleslieOvergrownTurkeyAmahia11whatsup200Frostehhgweethemetfanroughgirl3HahaFAILYour_Average_ZebrailovesoftballwilmanamefitLindsuniquelyyours93Yeahhbuddy1teampotterdontpanicavpmforthewinGrammarNinjatheonlystrangeoneCrazyKKmuffinmonkeyPulcherNitaCallahanAlisonStavsarrsberryphoebala1207ClaraTheHalfBloodPrincessmollyArinDeStructionavadakedavraSylverMoonjeannettemrtnzidolR21samiyamshattrick36marimetagirl1WeTheQueenssara24trackstarrScupwatergirl224737SpellChecksamanthabananabccheerchick94zeewierkoekjeKatKatKattinkerswiftToastedStew
When Hermione's true love left her, she continued on to help Harry defeat the most powerful wizard of all time. When Bella's true love left her, she curled up in the fetal position for four months, cried, and jumped off a cliff. amirite?

when reading this i thought the bella being reffered to was bellatrix lestrange. I was confused.

Maddayzing

I hate how people try to rationalize the decisions made by fictional characters.

Clay_ Clay_

In response to “I hate how people try to rationalize the...

You must really hate English class then.

Jess

Why wouldn't people? Aren't fictional characters, although fictional, supposed to be somewhat realistic?

Tape Tape

Now, see, if I were Bella's friend, I would have gone into her room and **** slapped her and tell her to get the hell over it!

sugarbaby sugarbaby

In response to “Now, see, if I were Bella's friend, I would...

Keyword being "if", because, who wants to be Bella's friend?

Ross Ross

omg Bella dies at the end? I am so going to go see that in theaters! XDDDD

Kiwimango9 Kiwimango9

In response to “oh lord I wish

she actually does
...to some extent (:

Anonymous

In response to “she actually does ...to some extent (:

haha i guess you're right. I used to OBSESS over twilight a few years ago, but looking back I want to know what made it so appealing. I was in 6th grade, that's what made it appealing

StephanieIsMe StephanieIsMe

In response to “oh lord I wish

Guys, don't tell her that Bella lives on. That's like telling a kid there is no hope in the world and Santa isn't real.

exmliaer

In response to “omg Bella dies at the end? I am so going to...

Considering that I only read the first half to Breaking Dawn, your comment made me very excited. And then I remembered that I looked up the ending on wikipedia which turns out to be very anti-climatic.

Prosopagnosia Prosopagnosia

*Spoiler alert*

Anonymous

In response to “*Spoiler alert*

Spoiler alert: Harry potter is about a bunch of kids walking around at school, waving wands around and screaming things at the sky.

OLOOK EVERYTHING CAN LOOK BAD WHEN GENERALIZED

Handsy Handsy

In response to “Spoiler alert: Harry potter is about a bunch...

And when not generalized.

Courage_Wolf Courage_Wolf

In response to “*Spoiler alert*

Hmmmmmmm... I was told that spoilers to movies would get deleted. (d)

StickCaveman StickCaveman

In response to “Hmmmmmmm... I was told that spoilers to...

Well not if the spoiler is given after a reasonable amount of time of the movies release. The movie's been out a while, and everybody has their chance to see it if they wanted too. It's usually if it's only been just released ant will delete or put the spoiler link over the post so you don't have to read it unless you click on the post.

otheranon

In response to “Well not if the spoiler is given after a...

I mentioned part of a movie in one of my posts that was older than both of these movies and my post was deleted. Not saying this post should be deleted or anything. It just doesn't seem consistent with the rules. Oh well.

StickCaveman StickCaveman

Maddayzing

In response to “when reading this i thought the bella being...

why would bellatrix know anything about true love?

mylifeisfly mylifeisfly

In response to “why would bellatrix know anything about true love?

I think this girl in twilight is named Bella and op is rightfully bashing twilight

garrettruskamp garrettruskamp

In response to “I think this girl in twilight is named Bella...

lol i know...im answering someone elses question.

mylifeisfly mylifeisfly

Bellatrix married. Hence the Lestrange. Rodolphus Lestrange. Otherwise she would still be Bellatrix Black. Uhhh, I've learned too much about Harry Potter in the last week, so yeah...

MyNameIsWhat?

In response to “Bellatrix married. Hence the Lestrange...

(MyNameIsWhat?): *sigh*...i saw this comment coming...marriage does not equate to love...

mylifeisfly mylifeisfly

(MyNameIsWhat?): It was an arranged, purebllod marriage. Completely void in the love department.

Anonymous

(MyNameIsWhat?): She was clearly cheating on him with Voldemort. If not, voldemort was toally gay, because he could have had her any time he wanted.

fangirl12 fangirl12

In response to “(MyNameIsWhat?): She was clearly cheating on...

AVPM anybody?

Anonymous

In response to “AVPM anybody?

Red vines.

Meap Meap

****, of course me and Bella were cheating on Rodolphus. I'm the bad guy, remember? I do bad things.

Jarden Jarden

I'm fairly certain he was asexual.

Emperorerror Emperorerror

In response to “I'm fairly certain he was asexual.

HE CAN BUD? EVERYONE RUN

Herobrine

Voldemort? I don't know about sexuality, but J.K. said because his dad was on the love potion when he was conceived he is completely incapable of loving anyone.

fangirl12 fangirl12

I stand by my belief she was in love with Voldemort. If only they had found each other before they went completely insane. :/

Anonymous

In response to “I stand by my belief she was in love with...

yes she's totally in love with Voldemort! considering he "can't love" and all I wouldn't say he loves her back or anything but he's "in lust" w/ her And I'm sure there was some bam chicka wow wow between them that J.k rowling left out

528491 528491

In response to “yes she's totally in love with Voldemort!...

(528491):If Voldemort's nose is flat....are any other body parts deformed?

open_mind_open_soul open_mind_open_soul

In response to “(528491):If Voldemort's nose is flat....are...

well that would explain a lot of his anger issues

528491 528491

In response to “well that would explain a lot of his anger issues

I guess it would. Maybe he and Bellatrix got a little TOO freaky?

open_mind_open_soul open_mind_open_soul

Oh yeah? she's in love with Voldy! And I mean *love!*

Veritaserum

In response to “Oh yeah? she's in love with Voldy! And I mean...

Yes you are right anon, to some extent.... but i believe veritaserum is more right...whatever feelings bellatrix had for voldy, rowling wanted to distinguish between true love (Snape>Lily, Parents<>Harry, Ron<>Hermione, Parents<>Draco etc) and sort-of-love/lust (bellatrix<>voldy, Lavender>Ron, Black family etc )

mylifeisfly mylifeisfly

In response to “@861824 (Veritaserum): Yes you are right...

Personally I'm more of a believer in QuirrelxVoldemort.

Slenderman Slenderman

In response to “Personally I'm more of a believer in...

He's missing him. Voldemort didn't come back. He came home.

acciodoublestuff acciodoublestuff

In response to “He's missing him. Voldemort didn't come...

What's left of him.

shAvayourface shAvayourface

You, awesome stranger, are a winner.

MaleaLou

I thought the same thing, all the way down through the comments until I reached yours xD
Then I proceeded to feel stupid.

Tempest_Trance Tempest_Trance

In response to “You aren't alone.

I think she was more "in love" with Voldemort. I'm sure they slept together.

Anonymous

In response to “I think she was more "in love" with...

Baby, you're not alone, cause you're here with me, and nothing's ever gonna bring us down cause nothing can keep me from lovin you, and you know it's true, it don't matter what'll come to be, our love is all we need to make it through!
@860535 (Anonymous): At least in AVPM. XD "Back when I had a body, I was mad game with the bitches. Just ask Bellatrix Lestrange."

SpelingChampien SpelingChampien

In response to “Baby, you're not alone, cause you're here...

Harry FREAKIN' Potter! I love Darren Criss and AVPM.

Anonymous

OH MY GOSH I THOUGHT THE SAME THING! lol I was just about to write that and then I saw your comment :)

mNmL0ver14 mNmL0ver14

This is probably one of my favorite posts of all time.

Cocacola319 Cocacola319

Imgfave. =]

Trazzz Trazzz

Draco should be hermiones true love not ron!!

isaaa

In response to “Draco should be hermiones true love not ron!!

Whoa there, this isn't fanfiction we're talking about...

Prosopagnosia Prosopagnosia

In response to “Whoa there, this isn't fanfiction we're...

"And then Hermione and Draco embraced in a passionate kiss. 'Oh, you cannot do this, Draco. I'm not pureblood.'
'Oh, but Hermione, I need you...'"

midnightcookies midnightcookies

If we're talking about AVPM. But since searching the mundane British countryside for months isn't in the musical, we're not.

Meredith Meredith

..... Because we ALL know that Draco didn't hide in his father's **** pack and go back in time with NO alterior motive.;)

acciodoublestuff acciodoublestuff

In response to “Because we ALL know that Draco didn't...

And we know the "real" Draco knows how to use the "potty", at least I think so...

Flags_R_Us Flags_R_Us

Because Bella was a little too obsessed with Edward -___-

BeautifulNightmare BeautifulNightmare

In response to “A little...??

Okay lol, a LOT

BeautifulNightmare BeautifulNightmare

One of the most awesome posts ever.

JediLynx JediLynx

This is EXACTLY why i hate Twilight.... Well that and a thousand other reasons.

Anonymous

In response to “This is EXACTLY why i hate Twilight.... Well...

When Juliet's true love leaves her, she kills herself immediately.

Anyways, go on, I'm interested.

Courage_Wolf Courage_Wolf

In response to “When Juliet's true love leaves her, she kills...

She didn't "Kill" herself. She faked her death so they could run off and be together w/o their family's disapproval.

otheranon

In response to “She didn't "Kill" herself. She faked...

And then when he dies, leaving her, she kills herself. I mean, is it that hard to continue the stream of logic here?

Courage_Wolf Courage_Wolf

How did she even survive the cliff jumping anyway? Was that Jacob's doing?

you

In response to “How did she even survive the cliff jumping...

Yeah, he saved her

Linds Linds

In response to “Yeah, he saved her

I wish he hadn't noticed her jumping off the cliff... I wish he was like taking a nap or something when it happened, because then Edward could go to Italy and sparkle himself to death and that would be the end of the saga. *sigh*

I_Predict_A_Riot I_Predict_A_Riot

In response to “I wish he hadn't noticed her jumping off the...

Haha yeah that would have been a much more climatic ending then what really happened and maybe we would have got to see some actual fighting when the Volturi rip him to shreds

Linds Linds

I wish people could just stop bashing Twilight and or Harry Potter...they're both different and have entirely different fan bases.

Your+name+(optional)

In response to “I wish people could just stop bashing...

(Your+name+(optional)): I agree. I like both series, actually.

twisted_memories twisted_memories

Hermione really had nothing to do with destroying that horcrux...

Your+name+(optional)

In response to “Hermione really had nothing to do with...

(Your+name+(optional)): Yeah but she still tried to help Harry figure out how. She didn't just shut down and be a little **** face.

StarKidSky StarKidSky

Can you picture Bella up against Voldemort? I'm pretty sure her little vampire buddies couldn't do much to help here there. But Hermione against a couple vampires, those guys wouldn't know what hit 'em.

Cashew Cashew

In response to “Can you picture Bella up against Voldemort?...

it'd be so amazing to picture that. 'HELP ME, JACOB! USE YOUR PUPPYDOG POWER UP SKILLS!!!'

Anonymous

Her vampires would try to talk their way out of it, like in Breaking Dawn. "Hey guys, I know we're fighting against the very core of your existence and that we're on the same side as the guy who's been stalling your return since age one...but I think we can find a diplomatic solution here."

"....AVADA KEDAVRA!"

And then Bellatrix to Bella; "How dare this filthy Muggle and sparkle vampire share my name? How dare she dirty the credibility of this title with her weak and tactless ways?"

open_mind_open_soul open_mind_open_soul

In response to “Her vampires would try to talk their way out...

I LOOOOOOOOOOVVVVEEEEE it!!!!!
<3

CaliforniaGurl

In response to “I LOOOOOOOOOOVVVVEEEEE it!!!!! <3

Thank you. Haha :)

open_mind_open_soul open_mind_open_soul

Bellatrix > Bella all the way.

CaliforniaGurl

That's not really what happened in Breaking Dawn... It was more complex than simply talking their way out of it. You could simplify any series if you wanted to (even Harry Potter).

twisted_memories twisted_memories

In response to “That's not really what happened in Breaking...

Not to intensify the Harry Potter vs. Twilight thing....but a simplified Harry Potter > a simplified Twilight.

I've read all 4 books; when I was really into them, I reread them. I know what happened. And basically, the Volturi or whatever couldn't use their main weapon, so they put their tails between their legs, listened to the Cullens talk, then ran off.

open_mind_open_soul open_mind_open_soul

In response to “Not to intensify the Harry Potter vs...

They didn't want to fight. I dunno, I like Harry Potter better, but I still like Twilight. Harry Potter also got 7 books and Twilight 4. I think they're both good in their own ways.

twisted_memories twisted_memories

Look, vampires against Voldemort is going to end in a loss, clearly. But even though I'm not a fan of either series, a couple of vampires against Hermione is going to end in a brutal death for her most likely.

Anonymous

In response to “Look, vampires against Voldemort is going to...

We're talking about Twilight vampires here.

CherryBlossom CherryBlossom

In response to “We're talking about Twilight vampires here.

Twilight vampires have super strength and super speed, thus allowing them to dodge her spells with relative ease. Many of them also have other supernatural abilities which would add to this ease of victory.

Courage_Wolf Courage_Wolf

In response to “Twilight vampires have super strength and...

But. They. Sparkle!

And I don't think so. They're powerful, but the wizards have magic on their side. Using one spell can kill them.

Don't know, maybe if would be a close call or the vamps can win, but it would be an interesting battle....

Oh, but the fact that the wolves are actually capable of bringing down a vampire when they gang up makes me certain that a gang of wizards can take down some vampires, if they're skilled enough in magic.

CherryBlossom CherryBlossom

In response to “But. They. Sparkle! And I don't think so...

The wolves are supernaturally fast too, but yes, I'd agree that wizards are also powerful. However, one wizard against one vampire seems to me like a victory for the vampire.

Why are you so hung up on the sparkling? The first vampires were disfigured by sunlight instead of killed, so the destruction thing is a new feature added by other authors, just like how in Harry Potter the magic is rotted solely in abstract rather than more physical elements. Different authors have different takes, this is hers.

Courage_Wolf Courage_Wolf

In response to “The wolves are supernaturally fast too, but...

Haha, I was just kidding about the sparkles. But with magic, I'm sure that you could possibly use a shielding spell or instant transportation spell, and then you can return at an unsuspecting time to get the vampire. Honestly, I don't even know who'd win, and I don't really care. (Well, if they were real, I'd probably care.)

CherryBlossom CherryBlossom

In response to “Haha, I was just kidding about the sparkles...

Really I don't think magic is described in depth enough in harry potter to make a judgment on which side would win.

Courage_Wolf Courage_Wolf

In response to “Really I don't think magic is described in...

Yeah. It really depends on the spells available. However, it's also possible to develop your own spells. Super speed is an advantage, but I don't know if that is necessarily the winning factor. It would also depend on the circumstances of the fight, too.

But yeah, I'm not a huge fan of Twilight but I'm not really a hater either. The power of the characters are really just based on whatever the author is willing to give, so it is subjective.

CherryBlossom CherryBlossom

I normally don't like when Harry Potter and Twilight are compared seeing as they're totally different (but Harry Potter is clearly better in my opinion) but this post is just full of awesomeness.

insertwittynamehere

In response to “I normally don't like when Harry Potter and...

I was about to say, she's comparing characters not stories, then I the last thing you said.

ultispy ultispy

>Doesn't like it when Harry Potter and Twilight are compared
>Compares Harry Potter and Twilight
...

death_or_glory death_or_glory

I love how everyone bashing Twilight has obviously seen it (or read it) and dissected it piece by piece :) A little odd considering you hate it so much...

Your+name+(optional)

In response to “I love how everyone bashing Twilight has...

(Your+name+(optional)): You cant hate it without actually reading it first.

Linds Linds

(Your+name+(optional)): Yep. The developed hate is probably from excellent readers who refused to quit reading and thus can properly despise the books. If you only know the bare facts it's no fun to bash.

Pigwidgeon

(Your+name+(optional)): Idiot.

homosexualpumpkins

Yes, that's much worse than not reading it and just jumping on the hate wagon without knowing the facts.

Tape Tape

The reason I suffered through all four of those **** books is because I have when people say they hate something that they've never given a chance. So I have that whole damn saga a chance and now I can say that it was a waste of my time.

Wunderscore

Haha! I LOVE this post - it's so true! (and for the record, yes, I have read all the Twilight books & seen all the movies).

Anonymous

haha so true i love u for this

danilol danilol

Well written? Haha I hope you're kidding.

Anonymous

In response to “Well written? Haha I hope you're kidding.

Just trying to be polite!

laureneli23 laureneli23 OP

In response to “Just trying to be polite!

Polite? She doesn't deserve it, what with all the horrible... shit (there really is no other word) she decided to put into a "book" and publish.

EpiskeyPM EpiskeyPM

I laughed at the post but I laughed even more at all the comments. I like twilight, they are sweet books that are romantic and sometimes funny but Harry Potter is the greatest series of all time. No doubt about it.

Bellatrix and Voldy so got it on back in the day. imo Draco has had a bit of a thing for Hermione since she **** slapped him in the third one but Ron has been in love with her since at least the second one. Why else would he follow the spiders (his greatest fear) in order to help her?

Dice.in.a.Can

If you are a NWer, then you apparently didn't read either series. Just sayin'.

Your+name+(optional)

In response to “If you are a NWer, then you apparently didn't...

I read both and although of the two Harry Potter is better I can't see it as anything but YA fiction.

Courage_Wolf Courage_Wolf

Don't apologize. If people are dumb enough to actually watch Twilight, they deserve to get mocked.

Zack

The fact that it upset the over-obsessed fan girls doesn't matter. It's your own opinion. It'd be like someone saying that about Harry Potter. Yes, I'd feel a bit offended if what they were saying was true and a little over exaggerated, but I'd get over it.

musicmillic musicmillic

In response to “The fact that it upset the over-obsessed fan...

Yeah I know. I'm just a very non-confrontational person lol

laureneli23 laureneli23 OP

This post is amazing(: I used to love Twilight, then I read HP, and I was like, what the flip, why did I like this. I could go on forever as to why Twilight is a terrible series, as well as why HP is an awesome one.
(I still believe in Team Harmione though:D)

EpiskeyPM EpiskeyPM

In response to “This post is amazing(: I used to love...

oh my G so do i!
harry and hermione dancing together in the 7th movie was sooo cute!
ron just mocks her and makes her life miserable.

CaliforniaGurl

In response to “oh my G so do i! harry and hermione dancing...

It was awkward at first, but then the whole theatre went, "AWWWW!" It just pissed me off even more because I knew they don't end up together):

EpiskeyPM EpiskeyPM

In response to “It was awkward at first, but then the whole...

It was just to show that even through the hard times they still had their friendship; it had NOTHING to do with romance.

Meap Meap

Have you actually read the books? Fairly sure you wouldn't be on team 'Harmonie' then. That dancing scene was chucked in there by the movie producers, it never happened in the book. Besides you can tell Harry was only doing it to comfort Hermoine who was so devistated that Ron left.

Glen_Coco4 Glen_Coco4

In response to “Have you actually read the books? Fairly sure...

(So I know you probably don't care anymore because you replied to this forever ago but I haven't logged in in forever whoops)
Anyway, I did read the books. I know Harry and Hermione are just friends. I do in fact know the dance had nothing to do with romance. But I've just always seen their relationship, friendship or otherwise, stronger than Ron and Hermione's, which is partially why I didn't quite understand why they got married. But let's not turn this into a shipping war, we're all entitled to our opinions.

EpiskeyPM EpiskeyPM

When you said Harmione, I thought you meant Hagrid+Hermione...*ugh, shudder*...

aquagal1017

When Ron comes back, Hermione refuses to forgive him for weeks. When Bella and Edward are reunited, she leaps into his arms and forgives him immediately.

swimmer24100

In response to “When Ron comes back, Hermione refuses to...

Ron left with an explanation too. Edward said "Well.....you're human, bye." So Bella had more of a right to hate him anyway. But no, of course she doesn't. And Bella knew Edward for a matter of months. Hermione had known Ron for almost 7 years.

open_mind_open_soul open_mind_open_soul

In response to “Ron left with an explanation too. Edward said...

ARGHGH its because... wait for it.. this is gonna blow your mind: TWILIGHT IS A L O V E STORY ... HP IS A FANTASY/ADVENTURE book. and i know people have been saying "we're comparing characters, not genres" but depending on the genre the characters are gonna act differently to add to the genre. Soooo, that means that Twilight has to be more sorta like true love, nothing will separate us, meant to be etc. and HP focuses more on the story rather than the love. also (sorry i know you're probably going ARGH TL;DR) H + R were ELEVEN when they first met, so they couldnt really have a relationship. B + E were 17. And Edward went away because he was scared that he was gonna kill Bella accidentally. that seems a logical reason to me. OK i'm finally done :)

fluentinsarcasm fluentinsarcasm

In response to “ARGHGH its because... wait for it.. this is...

Hermione and Ron were 16 when they actually got together, first of all.

Second of all, you definitely have the grammar skills of a Twi-tard.

Thirdly, the genre doesn't matter at all. Love is still love. It's true, there will be more action-y love in fantasy/adventure books, but the premise remains the same. Meaning that watching someone sleep and suddenly loving them is NOT real love.

open_mind_open_soul open_mind_open_soul

In response to “Hermione and Ron were 16 when they actually...

OK, have you read the Twilight books, or have you just watched some of the movies and gone along with what other haters have said?

fluentinsarcasm fluentinsarcasm

In response to “OK, have you read the Twilight books, or have...

I've read all four Twilight books. I used to like them, then I came to my senses. The genre of the book does not change the definition of true love.

open_mind_open_soul open_mind_open_soul

In response to “I've read all four Twilight books. I used to...

But it changes how it is portrayed and how much focus is on it. What I'm trying to say is, that Ron and Hermione may have actually been secretly super obsessed with each other, we just don't know because that is not the focus of the books. Where as in Twilight people like the books because of how much Edward cares about Bella, and deep down (further down in some girls) every girl wants to be as important to their loved one as Bella is to Edward. It's just that Twilight focuses much more on this aspect and that is why it appeals to so many girls. As you know by now, I am a Twilight fan, but I totally understand why people get pissed at the over-obsessed fangirls. I just don't agree with people being as over-obsessed at bringing them down.

fluentinsarcasm fluentinsarcasm

In response to “But it changes how it is portrayed and how...

We do know that, because if they were super obsessed with each other, we would have known. They wouldn't have been fighting over snargaluff pods, they would have been gazing stupidly into eachothers eyes and losing points for gryffindor.

And I stand by what I said: Though the focus is more on love in love stories, it still does not change the premise of love. Watching Bella sleep, taking out her car cables, and controlling where she goes is NOT caring, loving, or any of the things Meyer says it is.

As for your statement about every girl wanting to be like Bella....sorry, I don't want to be a boring, stale, static, depressed, dependent(the list goes on) girl who can't live without her boyfriend stalking her, or her wolf-boy protecting her. If you look at the comments above, if Meyer was a guy, she would be attacked for sexism.

And I'm not overly obsessed with bringing them down. Who's the one who replied to my comment after, what, 3 months?

open_mind_open_soul open_mind_open_soul

In response to “We do know that, because if they were super...

OK, maybe I should have cleared this up at the beginning - Twilight 7/10, HP 3424513/10. I am NOT NOT NOT a superomgrpattzobsessed fan girl. And the thing about Ron and Hermione maybe being obsessed was an example. Also, I didn't go to the top of the page and search posts containing: Hermione, fetal position, true love, cliff. I saw this I thiiiink on one of the most commented, but not 100% sure.
Oh, another thing, I didn't say that every girl wants to BE Bella, I said that they want to be as important to someone as Bella is to Edward, and that is where the craziness over the books comes in. Also, the whole thing about taking out the car cables etc. is not the climax of the story, it is just him trying to stop her going to the wolves, where he thinks she could be killed. I know watching someone sleep is also creepy and I didn't like that bit, but it is showing how, I don't know, fascinated he is by her, and it is not a big part of the whole story.

OK that's it

fluentinsarcasm fluentinsarcasm

In response to “OK, maybe I should have cleared this up at...

Him taking out her car cables is still controlling, even if it's not the climax of the story. And I'm pretty sure I don't want to be THAT important to someone. That's just bordering on obsession.

Can we just stop arguing though? It's getting annoying.

open_mind_open_soul open_mind_open_soul

In response to “Him taking out her car cables is still...

My thoughts exactly... Nice arguing with you!

fluentinsarcasm fluentinsarcasm

If someone attacks it, I'll reply. If not, I won't do anything.

Sorry, TL;DR, I know. Just had to fully explain it.

Oh, and the comment I was actually referring to is a couple comments below.

open_mind_open_soul open_mind_open_soul

What annoys me when people talk about Twilight is that they ignore how Meyer wrote the characters. If these were real people then yeah, Bella would be an idiot teen with a pedo boyfriend. But they're not. They're characters who are in fact soul mates. They are how they were written. Same with every other book in the world. When people say that Romeo and Juliet (no, I'm not actually comparing Shakespeare to Meyer) were just stupid teenagers, they ignore that they were fictional characters. They were soul mates.

twisted_memories twisted_memories

Bella freaking out at the loss of Edward is supposed to show how much she loves and depends on him.
WHY, oh WHY, does the author think this is a good thing?
A couple of weeks of being upset, sure, but after that- NO.
Well, it makes sense. I mean after all, girls love guys so much and we can't function without them. It's a good thing Jacob showed up to pull her out of her misery, because without a big strogn man women turn into useless dummies who put themselves in danger because they can't think straight without men.
NO!
Girls need to learn to be independent and strong, with or without a guy.
Guess Meyer didn't get the memo.

fangirl12 fangirl12

In response to “Bella freaking out at the loss of Edward is...

If Meyer were a guy, people would attack her for being sexist. She makes it seem like being single is bad and your FIRST boyfriend breaking up with you is the worst thing ever and women need men to get them back up.

open_mind_open_soul open_mind_open_soul

I... would like to meet the people who disagreed with this O_e

Anonymous

I remember the first time I read the Harry Potter books, I was in second grade and thought they were awesome. Then I think about the first time I read the Twilight books and wonder how much my second-grade self would want to punck the 8th-grader in the face.

Bella in the books was the opposite of what you're supposed to teach young girls. Hermione, to some extent, is the right idea. To be smart, loyal to your friends, try to always do the right thing. Also, that guys can be jerks, so stick up for yourself and don't be desperate.

keynestomylocke

In response to “I remember the first time I read the Harry...

This is kind of random, but did you guys ever think that Pansy Parkinson(sp?) was sort of the antithesis or the foil to Hermione? That just occurred to me.

open_mind_open_soul open_mind_open_soul

In response to “This is kind of random, but did you guys ever...

I believe JKR said something along the lines of Pansy being Hermione's foil. But I know for a fact that she's based off of
bullies Rowling faced in her younger years.

Clementines Clementines

Besides, in the real world we do encounter many different people, so having this variation is a good thing, considering that Pansy isn't really one of the major characters and thus will not be considered a role model.

CherryBlossom CherryBlossom

We all should read "Mark Reads Twilight" (MRT) and then read "Mark reads Harry Potter" (MRHP)
He is so honest about everything, you can't help but agree with everything he says. Plus, it all makes sense. For example, SMeyer is possibly a racist, and all the evidence for that can be found in MRT.

EpiskeyPM EpiskeyPM

In response to “We all should read "Mark Reads...

I just read MRHP. It was really funny watching him fall in love with the series. Especially after watching him rage at Twilight so much.

open_mind_open_soul open_mind_open_soul

In response to “I just read MRHP. It was really funny...

MRT was so funny. He made me progress my dislike for it from hate to utter and complete loathing.
The whole time during MRHP (in the beginning, anyway) I was just thinking, "Ohh, Mark, just you wait." Like in the first few posts, he was confused on what a Muggle was and things like that. It was so great to see him just fall in love with it as much as everyone else(:

EpiskeyPM EpiskeyPM

In response to “MRT was so funny. He made me progress my...

I know! I had to keep myself from commenting and correcting his theories sooo many times. But it was awesome reading that haha

open_mind_open_soul open_mind_open_soul

In response to “I know! I had to keep myself from commenting...

At the part when Dumbledore was about to die, and he was all cool 'cause he thought Dumbledore was gonna make it through, I felt so bad. His poor little heart was just crushed haha.

EpiskeyPM EpiskeyPM

In response to “At the part when Dumbledore was about to die...

I know!! I wish i knew him, I'd totally want him as my gay bestie.

open_mind_open_soul open_mind_open_soul

In response to “I know!! I wish i knew him, I'd totally want...

Yesss. I wanna kidnap him >:) And force him to write more "Mark Re-Reads Harry Potter" haha.

EpiskeyPM EpiskeyPM

In response to “Yesss. I wanna kidnap him >:) And force...

Haha, now I really wish I could read it for the first time again! I'm considering pouring bleach in my brain to drain out all the memory. Okay, that's not a good idea. But I'm gonna re-read it and try to forget everything :P

open_mind_open_soul open_mind_open_soul

In response to “Haha, now I really wish I could read it for...

I've always wanted to try and forget everything just to be able to experience it all over again. I remember my first time reading Deathly Hallows, I was a mess. When Fred died, I had to put the book down for at least a week, and I just cried and cried.
I don't necessarily want to experience THAT again, but it would be cool to feel those same intense emotions for the first time.

EpiskeyPM EpiskeyPM

I've read Twilight and Harry Potter and honestly I don't even know why this is a disscussion. Twilight is just not even in the same league as Harry Potter and there is no chance of them ever being anything close to the same level of awesomeness. Also Stephanie Meyer really does send the wrong message to girls doesn't she?

applestoapples

In response to “I've read Twilight and Harry Potter and...

Ya, she's telling them that it's cool to be all depressed all the time, and that will make the buff werewolves fall in love with you. Also that it's ok to get married and get pregnant at 18...

Let's just say that I hope the obsessed 12 year olds don't become like Bella SWAN, or Lestrange either, now that I think about it.

That's_what's_up.

My little cuz told me she wanted to be like Bella and I flipped out. I mean, her mom is a CEO of a company and she wants to be like a fictional character who got herself knocked up? ( I don't care if Bella's married, she's 18, the equals knocked up) That's not right on any level.

keynestomylocke

In response to “My little cuz told me she wanted to be like...

When people get married and pregnant at 18, it's not always bad. Sometimes, I don't mind it. The problem was that Bella defined her self-worth completely by Edward and his love for her. Have some self-respect Bella.

fangirl12 fangirl12

It is cause she makes all her characters mary-sue's...and she believes that men are the almighty **** and you need their permission to do things, and that women are incapable without a man.
So basically she is against everything women 100 years ago faught for...half the reason i am anti-twilight!

Mollieee Mollieee

Anyone else noticed that Jacob's last name is Black? Would he be in Slytherin?

bored2death

In response to “Anyone else noticed that Jacob's last name is...

Noooo! I love Sirius, Jacob can't be related to him!

SylverMoon SylverMoon

Sirius > Jacob
Remus > Jacob
therefore:
HP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Twilight
no questions asked.

CaliforniaGurl

haha the actor that plays the lead in twillight, was infact in harry potter first and then died protecting harry, just saying :]

KolieKismet KolieKismet

In response to “haha the actor that plays the lead in...

Where the hell have you been? We ALL know this. What's more, we actually know his name.

open_mind_open_soul open_mind_open_soul

Well, aren't you just a fountain of information. Irrelevant information, actually..

laureneli23 laureneli23 OP

In response to “Well, aren't you just a fountain of...

Wrong but well-known information haha

open_mind_open_soul open_mind_open_soul

In response to “Wrong but well-known information haha

Haha true. She tried..

laureneli23 laureneli23 OP

Oh, and Cedric didn't even die protecting Harry. He died because he was with Harry. Do you even read? I have trouble thinking you have the ability to read a book.

open_mind_open_soul open_mind_open_soul

It's a BOOK. No need to criticize the characters for what they have done. That's what makes it a story.

Slim_Shady

In response to “It's a BOOK. No need to criticize the...

But that's what a book is for.
1. Read.
2. Form an opinion.
3. Discuss with others.
That's the way the cookie crumbles(:

EpiskeyPM EpiskeyPM

In response to “ But that's what a book is for. 1. Read. 2...

Except all these Harry Potter fans feel the need to take sides and blow smoke up each others asses about how much better HP is than Twilight.

Slim_Shady

In response to “Except all these Harry Potter fans feel the...

Nah. I don't like comparing the two unless someone else starts it. I just dislike Twilight and happen to like Harry Potter.

fangirl12 fangirl12

I used to be a Twilight fangirl, but then (thank god) I realised how pathetic it was. I agree with this post so much, and I haven't even read Harry Potter. So no, it's not about Harry Potter fans taking sides, they're just talking about their opinions. If you don't like it, don't read it, it's as simple as that.

yumcha

In response to “ I used to be a Twilight fangirl, but then...

Don't read what? Harry Potter? I have read it, and I like it just as much as Twilight. I just hate people hating on books, it's stupid.

Slim_Shady

In response to “Don't read what? Harry Potter? I have read...

Will the real Slim Shady please shut up?

fangirl12 fangirl12

In response to “ Will the real Slim Shady please shut up?

Will you suck my ** and let me all over your face? Just looking at your name I know you're some stupid **.

Slim_Shady

Just saying, but Harry Potter is pretty much the best book for a recovering Twilight fan :P

Anonymous

I'm not even sure where that statement came from, seeing as how I said nothing about the whole "HP vs. Twilight" epidemic. Even so, it's really just a thing on preference. If you like a story about vampires, "love," and a horribly put together relationship, then Twilight is for you. If you like a story about heroism, wizards, true love, sacrifice, etc., then Harry Potter is for you.
Besides, it just so happens that we're willing to defend our series with logic rather than adolescent emotion.

EpiskeyPM EpiskeyPM

In response to “I'm not even sure where that statement came...

*sigh*

I'm not defending anything. I like both the books, and I just find it pathetic that the HP fans feel the need to talk down Twilight. As you put in your biased review, Twilight is a story about "vampires, 'love,' and a horribly put together relationship" while Harry Potter is about "heroism, wizards, true love, sacrifice, etc". I suggest not writing reviews as a living, unless you can control YOUR emotions and write an unbiased summary.

Slim_Shady

In response to “*sigh* I'm not defending anything. I like...

So you find the relationships in Twilight normal and non-abusive?

open_mind_open_soul open_mind_open_soul

In response to “So you find the relationships in Twilight...

Who said that a relationship between a vampire and a human would be normal? That's why it's a story.

Slim_Shady

In response to “Who said that a relationship between a...

...It should be obvious I wasn't talking about the vampire thing. He controls her and abuses her. He takes out her car cables to prevent her from going to see a friend. And it isn't even love, Meyer just said they were in love and suddenly they became obsessive.

open_mind_open_soul open_mind_open_soul

In response to “It should be obvious I wasn't talking...

He controls her and abuses her? He doesn't do anything, it's because she's a girl that she becomes as crazy as she is. And I don't recall him taking out car cables... what book was that in?

Slim_Shady

In response to “He controls her and abuses her? He doesn't...

He took car cables out so that she wouldn't go to see Jacob. I believe it was in Eclipse. Now, please put the whole entire conversation to rest. I'm tired of getting notifications (unless the comments are actually interesting), and I'm sure all those who favorited agree. If you're a twilight fan, GOOD FOR YOU. If you're a HP fan, GOOD FOR YOU. I don't really care. I was just trying to make a funny post >.<

laureneli23 laureneli23 OP

(Slim_Shady):He did it like 5 times in each book. More so in Eclipse. But their relationship is NOT HEALTHY.

open_mind_open_soul open_mind_open_soul

In response to “(Slim_Shady):He did it like 5 times in each...

I don't think a relationship with a wizard who is the target of a whole group of other wizards is healthy either.

Slim_Shady

In response to “I don't think a relationship with a wizard...

Um, yeah, it is. Putting ALL other aspects of the relationships aside, it's ridiculous to defend a dangerous relationship between a human and vampire, but say a relationship between 2 wizards is unhealthy.

Now, with the differences, the relationships in Harry Potter develop normally, and when they don't(ex. Ron and Lavendar, if you've even read them), they don't work out. But even the bad ones aren't as bad as the ones in Twilight. Harry Potter has examples of true love, and portrays the negative parts of untrue love.

open_mind_open_soul open_mind_open_soul

Oh, and the couples are ALL under target most of the time, at least the ones that are real and end up together. Harry, Ron, Ginny, and Hermione are all targeted, as are Draco and whoever he ended up with(I forgot the name, I'll check the epilogue later).

open_mind_open_soul open_mind_open_soul

In response to “Oh, and the couples are ALL under target most...

The couples are ONLY under target because of their connection with Harry, though. Anyone he is close to basically might die, therefore I wouldn't call that a very healthy relationship.

Slim_Shady

In response to “The couples are ONLY under target because of...

Um, no. All the students of Hogwarts were under danger. And everyone else too.

open_mind_open_soul open_mind_open_soul

In response to “Um, no. All the students of Hogwarts were...

THEY'RE IN DANGER BECAUSE VOLDEMORT WANTS TO KILL HARRY SO HE GOES AFTER HOGWARTS!

Slim_Shady

In response to “THEY'RE IN DANGER BECAUSE VOLDEMORT WANTS TO...

I thought the argument was about healthy relationships? Anyways, ALL WIZARDS were in danger because Voldemort wanted power. In fact, even muggles were in danger! Not because they simply knew Harry but because Voldemort is evil.

Bromeo

No shit. And Llamarama is right, they'd be killed just for being his classmates.

And again, you're arguing against your point with this too. Isn't Bella putting her beloved vampires in danger? And Edward's beinging the vampires to her? Dipshit.

And seriously, take a look at the differences between relationships in both books. The ones in Twilight are NOT healthy.

open_mind_open_soul open_mind_open_soul

But if you really think about it, that's a measure of true love, isn't it? All of these people are willing to risk their lives for/with Harry because they love him. That is a measure of a healthy relationship, in my eyes. Sure, the outer forces might not be safe, but the relationship between Harry and Hermione, Ginny, Ron, Lupin, etc. is healthy.
(Sorry if I butted in!)

EpiskeyPM EpiskeyPM

In response to “But if you really think about it, that's a...

No, you helped haha. And exactly!

open_mind_open_soul open_mind_open_soul

Bella is risking her life because she loves Edward...

>.>

Slim_Shady

In response to “Bella is risking her life because she loves...

That's not what this is about, though. This is about healthy versus unhealthy relationships.
Besides, Bella doesn't love Edward- she loves the idea of loving him.

EpiskeyPM EpiskeyPM

Ok, people miss the fact that these are fictional characters. Edward loved Bella loved Edward. You can't deny that because that's what they author said. It's like how Dumbledore is gay because the author said so.

Edward was concerned and went about things in a stupid way, but he wasn't abusive because he wasn't written to be abusive. If he was a real person then it would be a different story. But he's not.

twisted_memories twisted_memories

The thing is...that IS what both stories are about...

Linds Linds

I wasn't being biased in any way. That's truly what the stories are about. Stephenie Meyer wrote that Edward and Bella were in love and that was that. The whole story was just about what happened to them throughout their "relationship." Harry Potter is about a whole lot more than relationships, but the ones that do happen to form have been developed carefully and have meaning. Rowling did a good job of that.
But I completely agree, I don't like this HP vs. Twilight thing. It just so happens that someone brings it up, so I comment on it.

EpiskeyPM EpiskeyPM

The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings>Harry Potter

Harry Potter is a great book if you are just discovering the fantasy genre. But if you want REAL fantasy literature, read some Tolkien.

Jdub

In response to “The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings>Harry...

Eh, I could never get into his style of writing.

Tempest_Trance Tempest_Trance

In response to “Eh, I could never get into his style of writing.

But you could get into Rowling's?

Courage_Wolf Courage_Wolf

Or A Song of Ice and Fire

Courage_Wolf Courage_Wolf

I'm still trying to figure put what the twilight fans are defending in these arguments. I read twilight. It has a lot of flaws.

insanitykilledthecat insanitykilledthecat

In response to “I'm still trying to figure put what the...

As does HP...
neither series is perfect

Anonymous

Harry Potter has Ron Weasly as a best friend. Bella's biffle is a dog. Now twilight fantards, HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM APPLES.

Lighten_Up

In response to “Harry Potter has Ron Weasly as a best friend...

I don't like when people say it like that; with the fact that he's a human and "oh, he's a dog, he's worse." I agree that Ron is a way better friend, but if the only reason you can find for that is that Jacob is a dog, then you don't deserve to argue this point.

open_mind_open_soul open_mind_open_soul

In response to “I don't like when people say it like that;...

True.

But there's also the fact that he kissed her when she was clearly trying to get away from him, tries to control her, although not nearly as much as Edward does, took advantage of her emotions during the Eclipse battle and tricked her into kissing him and fell in love with the two mintue old baby of his ex-girlfriend/love interest.

fangirl12 fangirl12

In response to “ True. But there's also the fact that he...

Agreed. Thats one reason I don't absolutaly love the Twilight serise (sp?). The whole story is built on minipulation, wich is to say that Bella and Edward's whole relationship is built on minipulation (since the story pretty much is thier relationship). Edward and Jake both minipulate Bella because she is such a weak character. By the second book I was tired of her whining and complaing. Heres the interesting part: there are Three things she complains about through out the books, Jake, Edward (him being gone, him not telling her stuff, etc.) and the weather. Yeah, Hermione at least does other stuff then swoon over Ron all the time. And both girls face near death and problems. Hermione is stronger because she has more than a one track mind. Hmm, I got alittle of topic there... Sorry!

sassypieann sassypieann

In response to “Agreed. Thats one reason I don't absolutaly...

Hm... I didn't see it that way. Bella always knew what she felt, she just ignored her feelings for Jacob because she didn't want to hurt Edward... I always thought Bella was a strong character, doing what she wanted. She broke when she lost her other half. I can see how people think this sets a bad example for girls (and if Bella were a real person, it would). But Bella and Edward were meant to be together, so they broke without each other. I dunno, I think I'm the only person who reads stories as stories and doesn't try to make characters into real people... Anyway...

twisted_memories twisted_memories

In response to “Hm... I didn't see it that way. Bella always...

You keep defending them because they're fictional characters. That is a really crappy way to defend something. Fictional characters have to have SOME rationality in them, and they need to be relateable.

open_mind_open_soul open_mind_open_soul

In response to “You keep defending them because they're...

I wasn't really defending them because they're fictional characters, but rather pointing out that they are how they were written. I like teen fiction because it's far fetched enough that I don't have to think beyond what they writer says is true. I generally feel this about most fiction, actually. You can say what you want about a real person, but you can't change a fictional character or really put them into real life. My draw to teen fiction is that it's not real and not always relatable.

twisted_memories twisted_memories

In response to “I wasn't really defending them because...

But that's what makes a good book; developed, relateable characters.

open_mind_open_soul open_mind_open_soul

In response to “But that's what makes a good book; developed...

Not when what you're looking for is an escape from reality.

twisted_memories twisted_memories

In response to “Not when what you're looking for is an escape...

If you can't escape reality when reading Harry Potter, there's an issue. That's often the main reason I read - it's a relief to submerse yourself into another world, whether it be similar or very different from your own. But no matter why you're reading, every book should have colorful, well-developed characters (and plots) - that's the foundation of a good piece of literature.

laureneli23 laureneli23 OP

In response to “If you can't escape reality when reading...

I think Twilight has well developed characters... I just enjoy the series for what it is. Not every piece of literature is going to be Shakespear or Conrad. I enjoy the simplicity of an easy read you often find in teen fiction. That said, I do believe that Harry Potter is written better but I'd rather not compare stories as to me they aren't really comparable. I grew up with Harry Potter and it will always be an important and great story for me. Buy I still enjoy Twilight fir what it is.

twisted_memories twisted_memories

Thank you lauren :). The characters in HP are developed, but you can still lose reality.

And Meyer did NOT develop her characters. That's all I'll say.

open_mind_open_soul open_mind_open_soul

Yeah, that's what I was saying. But it just give the Twitards more to complain about when you only give the reason that he's a dog.

open_mind_open_soul open_mind_open_soul

In response to “Yeah, that's what I was saying. But it just...

The people above my previous comment had all given perfectly amazing reasons as to why Harry Potter is better than Twilight. I was merely adding to that list in a tone that I believe is the only way to speak to a Twitard. I believe that ^^^^^ quote quite efficiently summarizes the absolute idiocy of Bella. See, dogs will befriend anyone.

Lighten_Up

" Harry Potter is all about confronting fears, finding inner strength, and doing what is right in the face of adversity... Twilight is about how important it is to have a boyfriend " 

ellephaba101 ellephaba101

In response to “" Harry Potter is all about confronting...

Yup, you pretty much summed it up

sassypieann sassypieann

Hermione: 4378408520846502458457
Bella: 0
The end.

EpiskeyPM EpiskeyPM

OK, I am a Harry Potter AND Twilight fan (it's possible to be both) and here is my opinion: Twilight is a good STORY, not a bible to live by. I don't think it's a bad storyline, I just don't think that you should take life advice from it. HP is far better, and definitely has better morals etc. BUT that doesn't automatically make it ok for HP fans to bring down Twilight fans. It's not like when you announce that you are a HP fan that you take some ancient oath that goes along the lines of "We shall destroy any story that does not contain at least 6 storylines in 1 book and does not have at least 3 examples of magic." And if you did, then you need to get out more. Hating on Twilight is not going to convert any Twilight fans to make them see the "error of their ways". In fact, the hateful comments actually make me like Twilight more than I already did because I get defensive. All I'm saying is that if you really hate Twilight, you'll leave it and its fans alone.

fluentinsarcasm fluentinsarcasm

In response to “OK, I am a Harry Potter AND Twilight fan...

Agreed, but I dont' make fun of the fans. I make fun of the books. Usually I only mock them when I'm around other non-Twilight fans, or Twilight fans that actually DO think it has good morals and characters and use crappy arguments to back up their reasoning.

fangirl12 fangirl12

In response to “Agreed, but I dont' make fun of the fans. I...

You're making fun of the book. Therefore, you're indirectly making fun of the fans of the book for liking that book.

iceeselenawiz iceeselenawiz

"I don't think it's a bad storyline"
I stopped reading there.

Ram27 Ram27

FINALLY. Someone that feels the exact way that I do!

iceeselenawiz iceeselenawiz

inb4 mega debate about whether Twilight is a good book or not (troll)

Favvkes Favvkes

In response to “inb4 mega debate about whether Twilight is a...

Good call, Favvkes.

Joker Joker

All I know is that Hermione was a cat, so pwns Bella by default
http://ctrlv.in/65374

Favvkes Favvkes

I agree with this post, but the HP vs Twi feud annoys me for some reason.

_Jojo_ _Jojo_

I don't understand why Twilight and Harry Potter are being compared. They are from totally different genres meant for different audiences.

Ebony_Way Ebony_Way

Looks like Favvkes didn't have a chance to be the 1st comment.

Anonymous

On an unrelated topic, I would like to politely point something out. The Amirite community has grown accustom to using the POTD as a starting ground for debates. These debates have varied from topics like political issues, homosexuality rights, religion, education and the liberties of women.

Tonight we are frantically trying to crushing each other's bones in a heated debate about Harry Potter and Twilight.

Don't get me wrong people, Harry Potter ftw, but I just thought I'd point this out. Good day.

L_Stylz L_Stylz

Both of them are fiction. Why does it matter if one is "better?" It's only your opinion anyways.

(also, HP>TL)

Inmate_24601 Inmate_24601

Most of the comments on this post were incredibly annoying and reminded me of MLIA for some reason.

Anonymous

In response to “Most of the comments on this post were...

I hate seeing people say "Twilight is a terrible and juvenile series" and then using Harry Potter as an example of great storytelling :/
It's like people telling you Iron Man is shit and then handing you Inception.

Courage_Wolf Courage_Wolf

In response to “I hate seeing people say "Twilight is a...

That's ironic considering that, just like the Twilight haters, you seem to derive so much enjoyment out of expressing dislike for things that you know are popular.

Anonymous

In response to “That's ironic considering that, just like the...

How is it ironic? I didn't mention popularity in my comment at all.

Courage_Wolf Courage_Wolf

Still waiting on this...

Courage_Wolf Courage_Wolf

Seen this so many times before. Why is it POTD?

TheRagingDilemma TheRagingDilemma

My english teacher has this theory that Bella started her period at age 17, and that's when Edward started to fall in love with her. He fell in love with her periods....

I have a weird english teacher.

broadwaygleek broadwaygleek

In response to “My english teacher has this theory that Bella...

(broadwaygleek):No wonder he was so pissed when she got pregnant... And that she wants to be a vampire. All that he loves will be gone in both instances.

Deathelf Deathelf

Mary Sue jumped off of a cliff?

Serenus Serenus

Twillight's for Dorks.
Thumbs up for Harry Potter ! (y)

Anonymous

In response to “Twillight's for Dorks. Thumbs up for Harry...

This is not YouTube. (un)

Anonymous

It appears that at least 7 people have gone down the comment list and down-voted every "red" comment

aclw123 aclw123