littlecupcakersyesyoutalkwaytoofastLkunAngelIllusionstakid244softball_lover4pennyforyourthoughtsTaylorSparkssamii1382JuiceBoxcampykelseyKk15TallglassofwaterBeatleBabeEduardVonBockMurchmurt_squirtheysoulsisterMhmmmGracieBoBacietheskaterbugyerr_sillyrazorsoftMalmobrowninggalmidnightcookiesthesecretsout_sophieBANANABREADBaconnoisseuralltellMarlinDBNOJennaGeeitsjustraejenRetooserSaddlesore92DannigirlrebekahJustKeepSwimmingNemoMayaspleeHaleyMC14singergirlBlueReaSmile_PrettyzetteTreeleafLittleGreenDinosaurMirandaRaeamsonotritesugarbaby

NajiaAnnDeevaEd_shorkianbiondelloLaprasDryTurtleJennitaliaAnoneemusGurlSgt_FinkRoxie528491SpearmintMilkstrawberryfrozeAdieuAvettbrothersaregodsDeadpoolSkippyTicTacAddictitsEminemloveInu_chanMeggieBOCDpantsjonThisBlackChick

amandapndbaJokerAbbey1990creepylittlegirl26Prov3_56AgentBookwormSmile_Pretty
Everyone has a little bit of OCD and a little bit of ADD in them, amirite?

Maybe we can stop misusing these terms. Doing things to make them look neat and getting distracted are normal.

Ed_ Ed_

With that logic, you could also say that no one does.

Artemis Artemis

I wonder if people with severe OCD hate the fact it isn't abbreviated in alphabetical order.

Unicorns

Ed_ Ed_

If everyone has it, then no one does.

Anonymous

I kinda hate when people say stuff like this. It makes people who actually have ADHD or OCD seem less legit. When I say I have ADHD people always think i'm just saying that -_-

rice_is_my_hero rice_is_my_hero

Except that I actually do have OCD, and it's annoying as shit when people who don't say they do.

shorkian shorkian

Oh yeah, I bet this makes people with these real disorders feel validated. Ever think about how it makes them feel, you making light of their condition?

Avettbrothersaregods Avettbrothersaregods

In response to “Oh yeah, I bet this makes people with these...

Please see: above comment.

shorkian shorkian

In response to “Please see: above comment.

Er, i did see your comment. That's what I said, it's not cool to make light of having OCD.

Did you think that my first comment was referring to you? Cause I was referring to the op. Haha

In response to “Did you think that my first comment was...

Oh, my mistake. It just seemed a bit reiterative.

shorkian shorkian

Both of these disorders have different levels of severity. OP is saying everyone has it a little bit, but some people can have it a lot more. Most people want stuff to be organized and OCD is hyper-organizing things. It's not supposed to insult those who severely have it, it's supposed to say that having a little bit of it is completely normal.

vitaminb

In response to “Both of these disorders have different levels...

But that's incorrect, though. Unless you are actually diagnosed with OCD, you do not have "a little bit of it".

In response to “But that's incorrect, though. Unless you are...

not necessarily. There are varying degrees, and the serious people are the ones who get diagnosed. Others can still have it, but not severe enough to need treatment.

vitaminb

In response to “not necessarily. There are varying degrees...

Um, no. Doesn't work like that. Either you have it or you don't. Even if it's a mild case.

In response to “Um, no. Doesn't work like that. Either you...

OP is saying everyone has it very mildly, not necessarily enough to need treatment.

vitaminb

In response to “OP is saying everyone has it very mildly, not...

If everyone had it, it wouldn't be considered a disorder

Anonymous

In response to “If everyone had it, it wouldn't be considered...

The higher than average forms of it is the disorder.

vitaminb

In response to “The higher than average forms of it is the...

Yeah but ADD is Attention Deficit DISORDER and OCD is Obsessive Compulsive DISORDER, so average people don't have ADD or OCD they're just organised or get distracted.

Anonymous

I promise you that not everyone has it, even a little bit. I cannot seem to stress enough, if you are NOT DIAGNOSED WITH IT, you DO NOT have it.
God damn.
these levels of ignorance and immaturity are completely astounding. I am for real **** astonished.

In response to “I promise you that not everyone has it, even...

Just because you are not diagnosed does not mean you don't have it.

If that were true, it wouldn't exist., because:

When someone is born, they are not diagnosed with anything, including, OCD and ADD. They are not diagnosed, and therefore (by your logic) they do not have it. Since no one is diagnosed with it, it doesn't exist.

Let me ask you this: Do you get distracted by some things?

vitaminb

In response to “Just because you are not diagnosed does not...

Anyone can get distracted, but the difference is people with ADD CAN'T pay attention. I have ADD and even when I try to pay attention my mind will start wandering without me even realizing it. People without ADD can pay attention if they try, it's just that many of them choose not to or 'don't feel like it.'

Anonymous

In response to “Anyone can get distracted, but the difference...

Yes, people without it get distracted, that is the little part of ADD in them. People who actually have ADD have it much worse, I (nor is OP[I believe]) am not saying that everyone has it severely, but everyone suffers from the symptoms occasionally.

vitaminb

Yes, I do get distracted.
However, I am not UNABLE to focus my mind on things, I just don't pay attention sometimes.
Using your logic, I could say that "everyone who sneezes has the flu. Sneezing is a flu symptom, so therefore they must have the flu. Even though they're not diagnosed with it, they still have it a little because they exhibit a symptom of it".
That's exactly the **** you're trying to scrape together and form a logic. I'm really not trying to be demeaning, but I feel like people need to realize this.

In response to “Yes, I do get distracted. However, I am not...

When you get distracted, that is the little bit of ADD in you. That is fact, and it happens to everyone. You are not unable to focus because you do not have ADD severely enough for it to effect you at every given second.

And no, because the flu is caused by a virus. That you either have or you don't. There is no in between. While there are still varying levels of the flu, you either have it, or you don't. Those disorders are not caused by a virus.

vitaminb

In response to “When you get distracted, that is the little...

When you become distracted, that does not mean there is any kind of disorder going on. You don't have the condition unless you really do have an attention deficit.
There is also no in-between with these issues, either. You have it or you don't. Even if it's a very very very mild case, you still have it. Are you saying that everyone has a little bit of Autism, just because someone exhibits behavior that could be associated with it? Autism isn't caused by a virus.

In response to “When you become distracted, that does not...

Just because one doesn't officially have the disorder, whatever it is, doesn't mean you can't exhibit symptoms, which is what OP is trying to say (I believe)

vitaminb

In response to “Just because one doesn't officially have the...

Yeah, and I understand that.
It's normal for people to exhibit symptoms of anything really, but once it becomes a regular thing, that's when it becomes a disorder. Technically speaking, isn't OCD the result of a chemical imbalance in the brain? Everyone has those certain chemicals that make you want to be organized, but if the chemicals can't cancel out the un-obsessive ones, that's when one actually is diagnosed with the disorder.

In response to “Yeah, and I understand that. It's normal for...

Yeah, I believe OCD is a chemical disorder in the brain.

And I think that is what I've been trying to say this whole time. While someone might technically not have the chemical imbalance, they can still show some symptoms of the disorders, which is what I believe this post is getting at.

vitaminb

In response to “ Yeah, I believe OCD is a chemical disorder...

Well I agree with you then. I mean, maybe it was just the way you worded things, ya know? Everyone exhibits symptoms of things, hah.

Omfg, I wish there was a "This post is stupid" button. =____=

Anonymous

That's not how it ** works. You stupid, **, douchebag.

Sgt_Fink Sgt_Fink

Exactly. You cannot have "OCD" just a little bit. It is a serious mental disorder that you can't control. People with it have no choice. "I feel really OCD today" is inaccurate because OCD doesn't come and go on certain days. It is likely that you are just more stressed than normal if you feel obsessive compulsive only sometimes.

Anonymous

In response to “Exactly. You cannot have "OCD" just a...

ya absolutely right. If you claim to be OCD about something, and I offer you a million dollars to not do it, and you don't do it, you're not OCD. If someone was truly OCD they wouldn't be able to not do it, even for a billion dollars.

2_bettrthan1

Stop taking this so seriously, guys. It's just saying that everyone always gets really organizational sometimes or really distracted other times. I highly doubt they literally mean that people actually have a little bit of these disorders in them cause it doesn't work that way.

ChubbyBunniez ChubbyBunniez

When I tell people I have ADHD, they don't seem totally suprised, but they also don't believe me. My psychologist diagnosed me with it, so I think that means something. And guess what: it sucks. I really want to punch people in the face who say they have it when they don't, and they do the stupid "ooh look a butterfly!" Thing midsentence.

Deadpool Deadpool

No no no no no. Liking things to be organized is NOT OCD. Saying stupid random things and always being hyper is NOT ADD. OCD and ADD are not something that everyone has "a little bit" of. It's all or nothing, and most people have the latter. This post is just wrong.

Cashew Cashew

i have both, but i'm not going to be an **** and take this like AIDS. :|

ClaireTheBozo ClaireTheBozo