N_i_n_j_aNicole_AnonymousMhmmmTheshitErindonpatchalbinostickmaneldoritoArneGoeteynCherrieBeeEvanWhoopiLipsitzanonymous_insertyearHaquicahBeautiful_RivalCuban_BAnnDeevaDrewtthatguysctiscoolerSierrapersonThingyCyanideBearmiddleseisCrystalblue97KateJoseph28QuestionAuthorityElena_Roger_midnightcookiesJoeman656soccerchickREBEKKAHRam27rubienicolegoodtimeburntbreadMaryBlacklightsAndQueensPedestrianssosillyTetotaymakeup_nerdKirstenAnnCaitlinalidoodle23MeapMeaganBigbluelivelovemusic12MissAwesomenessMoosra

ihatesocksTheCombatWombatKalopsiaBellaDoloreSergioSuperAppaSpyder_Catx2502manParachuteFanGolfWangcoletteEmptyMelodiesStantonmmmkThePuppetWithWingsShunMadisonBleuKristenDragonTickleeXin_a_tizzleXAnyOfTheAbovejessica23BakerGator96Sarahlynn09silvershadow6swiss_girlrewindthissong

Nobody :(
People are always complaining about all the new electronic alternatives to reading books, but if you think about it buying one nook is cheaper and easier than buying 100 damn books, amirite?

When it comes to a good book, price shouldn't matter. For some people, such as myself, books can be very sentimental. There's just something about being able to physically turn the pages. Not to mention, that strange but comforting smell books have.

TheCombatWombat TheCombatWombat

You still have to pay to download all those books.

Lkun Lkun

In response to “You still have to pay to download all those books.

Yeah, but there are a lot of free ones too.

N_i_n_j_a OP

In response to “Yeah, but there are a lot of free ones too.

probably ones that you really don't care for though.

forever27 forever27

In response to “probably ones that you really don't care for...

No, they actually have some good ones, but it depends on the person.

N_i_n_j_a OP

There are millions of free ones, and the ones that cost money cost WAY less than an a physical copy.

Emperorerror Emperorerror

TheCombatWombat TheCombatWombat

In response to “When it comes to a good book, price shouldn't...

That's all true, but sometimes people make it seen like technology is worse than it actually is. Yeah, its kind of sad how people would rather talk to eachother online or through texts than in person, but its basically the same thing. Plus its more convenient.

N_i_n_j_a OP

In response to “That's all true, but sometimes people make it...

Meh. I'd still rather have the physical copy.

TheCombatWombat TheCombatWombat

You can still read real books when you have a kindle though too. It's nice because you have the option to do either.

Magestic_merman Magestic_merman

I buy used books for like $2. It's really not hard to find good book deals.

super_sour_diesel super_sour_diesel

It is, but I still prefer paper books.

Idling_Rocket_Ship Idling_Rocket_Ship

I'd rather read from an actual book, but it's not like tablets are evil. If I was rich I'd buy the tablet for newspapers and magazines and physical copies of novels.

LittleRed LittleRed

Those electronic books are probably not really healthy for you as they produce a lot of radiation. You would constantly have to worry about recharging and getting batteries for it. I'd constantly be worried that someone would go and try to steal it from me or that it's going to break somehow. Honestly, reading from a screen doesn't give the same feeling as it is from reading a book. The old fashioned book is far more convenient.

coolstory coolstory

In response to “Those electronic books are probably not...

actually, i have a kindle and last time i went on vacation i forgot the charger. i read a whole 300ish page book and started another before the battery died. Another great thing is how small it is, i think its really convenient

KateJoseph28

Produce a lot of radiation...?

Magestic_merman Magestic_merman

In response to “Produce a lot of radiation...?

The Kindle uses the cellphone network to download books. Therefore it emits the same sort of radiation (frequency and intensity) as your cellphone when you download a book. But whatever, I prefer books.

coolstory coolstory

Your derpiness makes me laugh.

Emperorerror Emperorerror

I like physical books but when 8km going to the park, school, or vacatioing i dont want to lug a suitcase full of books around. I wouldn't say an ereader is cheaper though, it is more expensive to buy the product and there's not enough free books to offset that cost, but we do more for conveinence (sp?) and they are that.

soberlikekesha soberlikekesha

but it's ruining the publishing industry that's a lot of careers down the drain

danilol danilol

In response to “but it's ruining the publishing industry...

It doesn't really hurt the publishing industry, it hurts the printing industry. But even so, the companies that produce these electronics employ a lot of people, too. It evens itself out.

foryoublue

In response to “It doesn't really hurt the publishing...

well i'm not talking about employment in general i mean just like i know people who want to go into editing/publishing and it's a dying industry now because it's more about computer editing and things like that

danilol danilol

In response to “well i'm not talking about employment in...

Editting and publishing shouldn't depend on whether or not the book is physical or digital, right? It's about the content.

MartellusBoss MartellusBoss

In response to “Editting and publishing shouldn't depend on...

i've heard from someone in that industry that it's different i don't really know the details though

danilol danilol

Oh yeah, I thought you just meant like people lose their jobs. I guess that would be pretty bad if you wanted to go into that.

foryoublue

It saves paper too.

Magestic_merman Magestic_merman

Well, see, if it's price you're worried about there are these things called libraries, they're really great

colette colette

It somewhat throws off the printing companies, as they don't have to print as many... That's my only complaint, really.

Exploding_Chickens Exploding_Chickens

I agree that, even though books are great and nothing can completely replace them, the electronics are pretty convenient because then you'll have all of your favorite books with you. The only problem is that i read that it is proven that people tend to read slower on electronic devices/ screens.

...

eReaders are costing a lot of people jobs... and they basically put Borders out of business. So. No me gusta.

Jess_Doherty Jess_Doherty

If you drop a book in the bath while you're reading it's like €20 to replace, if you drop a kindle it's nearly ten times that.

Xin_a_tizzleX Xin_a_tizzleX