Mod Team

Straight_PridekenzawinsswimlaxLaughing_sporkEmizzleeldoritojust_a_girlPhilfluentinsarcasmSummerstarAyAmRightSaadiyahkayawithpigAsiaTheMega123jenferisjapaneezJERRINGTONdeeviantHipsterLittleRedtheprincesszeepaperxangelx95reference_this101OxoCube_hannahinnocentbunnysKalopsiaCocacola319Ambularx3lakynAnonymously_AwesomeAbbysaveslivesashnicoleluvsblgFrancoisleeanne772SugarRushhhSarwatBahiraBromeoDetectiveRysiayourzonlythe_novelistlittletankmorganiooparigodsosillysham272ForeverYoungBeatleBabeEncore93

Amish_AIIosaurusTruuninjaThatOneNutSoyChelseaShammyRaShEllllADanielJamessteelerman113thegirlyouknewMhmmmDameequaSimonIamsoritetowriteStarsrebel_diamondsNikola_Goddamn_TeslaFriday_Night_LightsthinkfathomlessamirightNfskMjmMalcanyoupleasestoplucichGetsome41mylifeisfly__xl__5150_____youmaysayimadreamershan_dogashkiraviaSpearmintMilkslytherinangelMiss_MeerkatyossarianPink_DinosaurMauroFranKLeebanana9technonMy_Dinosaur_LifehannabananasAchdulieberafterawhilesureynotRossmuffinmonkeyBrianneenchantedgoosePirateQueentotallyawesomegingerSpelingChampien

AyAmRightreereemylifeisflyfEMMAnistemilysoccer2tea_fuustoleitbetsyheysoulsisterIgorlivelovemusic12
Let's say one day you see a small shiny box in the ground. You pick it up, and it says iPhone on the back. You learn how to use it, and you are absolutely amazed! Will you really say "Look what nature created! Nature evolved this from cells millions of years old!" No. It obviously had a designer, thus also a creator. See how much more complex the human body is. There has to be a creator... amirite?

Stupid analogy used to rationalize a stupid idea is stupid.

Amish_AIIosaurus Amish_AIIosaurus

Umm...I know there is something I'm supposed to say to this.

Bettywhiteslover

Amish_AIIosaurus Amish_AIIosaurus

Even more stupid idea: evolution and no creator.

Straight_Pride Straight_Pride OP

In response to “Even more stupid idea: evolution and no creator.

Even more stupid idea: Being completely close-minded.

ActionMan

In response to “Even more stupid idea: Being completely...

So I'm closed minded because I believe something? I think you're closed minded against creation. ****.

Straight_Pride Straight_Pride OP

Thinks created by nature are infinitely more complex than any piece of technology you will ever own.

Truuninja Truuninja

Exactly my point, Truuninja! But technology has a designer and could never just be evolved to be. See how much more complex "natural" things are. How could they just evolve from nothing? Technology can't, and it is way less complex. There is a designer and creator!!!

Straight_Pride Straight_Pride OP

In response to “Exactly my point, Truuninja! But technology...

Surely though, by your logic, the thing that created humans is yet more complex still, and yet, you would argue was not created by something else.
Is that correct?

Truuninja Truuninja

In response to “Surely though, by your logic, the thing that...

That's the idea. God. All powerful, knowing, I'm sure you've heard. No answer is clear and easy to believe, but which makes more sense. A God that did it, or just random appearance. A God would explain it, even though it is still hard to comprehend. But evolution? Its so stupid and contradictory!

Straight_Pride Straight_Pride OP

In response to “That's the idea. God. All powerful...

It is no less reasonable to believe that the universe came from nothing than it is to believe that it was created by a God who came from nothing.
Please explain how evolution is contradictory.

Truuninja Truuninja

Actually an all powerful and all knowing creator is a paradox. Couple of points:

Can God create a rock that he can't lift? If he can, then he is not all powerful because he cannot lift the rock. If he can't, then he is not all powerful because he can't create the rock.

If God knows all things, then he cannot change his mind.

Anonymous

look i am religious too, but saying God had a "plan" makes Him/Her/It sound more or less like a person, God doesn't NEED a plan, God exists within the forces of nature that run this Universe.

TatTvamAsi

Have you ever read the bible? It's one big contradiction.

Anonymous

Atoms are not nothing.

Anonymous

In response to “Atoms are not nothing.

But where did the atoms come from? CREATED!!! If you can explain that, props.

Straight_Pride Straight_Pride OP

In response to “But where did the atoms come from?...

Well, okay, there's no reason why matter or any other thing came into existence, form the Big Bang, which, paradoxically, eliminated a lot of matter. It's indeed comforting to think about a God who will always be there for you, but you can't say silly things like God created man at once. I'm willing to believe an entity is behind that big explosion. That's currently our lower bound, we cannot know at the moment what was before that.

But my concern is, what if did? We kept going back further and further, discovering everything to the origins of the Universe. What if we go back so far that it reaches a point where... everything is so insignificant or so great? That defies traditional religion. But to each his own.

Anonymous

In response to “Well, okay, there's no reason why matter or...

But you can't tell me that anything at all got there by any other means. And an explosion? That's so illogical! All explosions only leave a disarray. If that happened out in the universe, everything would be in tiny bits, travelling off into nothing. Laws of Thermodynamics, everything goes from order to disorder. The Big Bang is supposed to be "scientific," but it contradicts science in almost every way possible. All life comes from preexisting life, cell theory. Many other ways to. Laws of physics. And if you say there was a God behind it, which would make it possible because He is all powerful, then why wouldnt he just create it as itself? Why would he use a stupid explosion that would take billions of years? It goes against common sense and logic.

Straight_Pride Straight_Pride OP

In response to “But you can't tell me that anything at all...

To any entity which has no unlimited life (that is, all known entities), explosions of any kind seem distructive. They are nothing more than changing from one state to another. No matter is lost in a normal explosion. It just converts to other things. Fire burns oxygen, we get CO2.

Anyway, that wasn't an explosion in normal terms. Matter and anti-matter collided, and some matter survived. Gravity and other energies are the forces keeping things together at the moment.

"billions of years? It goes against common sense and logic."

Okay, you stump me on this one. It has been *proven* that the Universe is billions of years old. If you refuse reason, you are not worth my time. I am open to discussion about religion, but not discussion with stubborn mules. LOGIC? You bring religion in and you talk about LOGIC? Jeez. Good night. You are not worth anything.

Anonymous

In response to “To any entity which has no unlimited life...

You sound so stupid!!! How has it been "proven?" It hasn't! There is no proof. Show me some legitimate proof. You can't. Where do you think these said forces came from? It is so illogical that the matter converted to anything with form, especially something as complex as a living organism. According to science, all life comes from preexisting life, not random matter from an explosion. Yes, I am a faithful Christian, but my faith is solidified a millionfold by reason! You didn't say anything that made evolution seem smart at all. Further proving that reason plays in with the belief of Creation.

Straight_Pride Straight_Pride OP

In response to “You sound so stupid!!! How has it been...

It has been proven that our earth is billions of years old through the use of dating radioactive materials. they check the ratio of the radioisotope to the number of dauter particles and use that ratio in comparison to the radioisotopes halflife to determine the age of different things. the earth is made up of billions of years old rocks. theres your proof.

amiright

In response to “It has been proven that our earth is billions...

have you not heard that that form of dating is highly inaccurate? A group of scientists made a rock in a lab, and got it dated as 10,000 years old, when it was a few months old. It is not accurate at all.

Straight_Pride Straight_Pride OP

In response to “have you not heard that that form of dating...

i dont believe that. give me a link to that.

amiright

Alright... I'm a Christian too, but you are radical. Explosions may seem destructive, but they make room for new life. Which is why when they say that they big bang theory occurred, the universe poofed into existence. Since God is so immeasurably powerful and mighty, could he not create an explosion that would cause matter and anti-matter to react in such a way that life could spring forth into being? and As for evolution. Since God is the "creator, designer, executor of plans" could he not also create us in a way that we followed an evolutionary pattern? Would he leave us on the Earth just to exist, no moving forward, just constantly stuck just the way we are? I think you have some things to think about before you make radical exclamations and calling others stupid for THEIR beliefs...

ISeeWhatYouDidThere

You're too arrogant.

Anonymous

Show me ANY legitimate proof of a God existing. Or any legitimate proof that there is a Heaven, or a Hell. You claim that there is no proof in science, while you have no proof in your religion! Things in science cannot be proven, if you want to say, because what we prove comes from theories, or postulates if you want to remember your most basic proofs from geometry. Are the diagonals of a square congruent? Yes. But can I prove it without having postulates which I can then base my proof off of? No. There are many theories in science that have no proofs. Do you believe in gravity? I sure hope so. But is gravity proven to exist? No.

Anonymous

In response to “Show me ANY legitimate proof of a God...

Gravity is proven by me not flying off of Earth.

Straight_Pride Straight_Pride OP

Another thing id like to say is that plastic and some other materials used to make an ipod are synthetic, people are not made from materials not found in nature.

TatTvamAsi

In response to “Another thing id like to say is that plastic...

Humans are made from nature; every atom of you would of at some point been in nature.

Pink_Dinosaur Pink_Dinosaur

In response to “Humans are made from nature; every atom of...

um thats what i said, i think u got confused cuz the double negative..

TatTvamAsi

I agree with the OP. Get off his back for his beliefs.

Fuck You

Sure, you can believe in a god.
But WHY do you have to go on a site made to be humorous, and post your religious ramblings?

Yeah, feel free to share your thoughts, but share them in a less forceful way.

Anonymous

In response to “Sure, you can believe in a god. But WHY do...

this site is about expressing one's own personal opinions and beliefs, they should not be restricted just because you "don't like it"
It may be idiotic to you, but others might like it
I mean hey, it got onto the home page right? that proves something.
you shouldn't confine someone's thought just because you don't see it fit like the other humorous posts about puns.

TalkingRice TalkingRice

In response to “this site is about expressing one's own...

No, it's about asking if people agree with you.

OP essentially forced their beliefs on everyone who reads that post.

Anonymous

In response to “No, it's about asking if people agree with...

He was testing his theory and saw if a majority of people thought like him?
I'm not saying I agree with his theory ( I don't ) but how he expresses is his choice, it shouldn't be influenced by people who (again) don't like it because it isn't "funny".
There should be more serious posts for controversial arguments.

TalkingRice TalkingRice

We're doing the design theory in R.S. Sounds like bollocks to me

Paigachu Paigachu

I KNEW IT! Steve Jobs IS GOD!

dan94 dan94

well first of all, technology doesn't have any cells so how can it evolve?
second of all THIS ANALOGY ISN'T LOGICAL
maybe if you said something besides an iPhone evolving -_-
technology isn't biological.

TalkingRice TalkingRice

You've twisted Paley's design argument into something that seems completely ridiculous. Here's the Wikipedia link that explains what OP is trying to get across: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watchmaker_analogy

srm27520 srm27520

I agree with your point, but it was kind of a stupid way of putting it.

Some_Dude Some_Dude

The reason this doesn't make sense is because the math and science that describes these things is at such a high level that I'm pretty sure nobody here understands it. I can't explain it to you. I don't understand it. The leading scientists, mathematicians, and theorists are just unimaginably brilliant. An very large percentage of people aren't even introduced to it.

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/...e-created.html

That's a fascinating read. And it's barely scratching the surface, especially since it doesn't even indroduce any of the math behind all of this. Yes, there are some unanswered questions, but all of that information has been discovered within the last century. Imagine how much people will have discovered in the future.

NfskMjmMal

IPhone = Technology, Cells = Biology.

Now, us humans are the creators of technology, but we are the ones that evolve it. It doesn't evolve on its own.

slytherinangel slytherinangel

In response to “IPhone = Technology, Cells = Biology. Now...

We created it. God created us. Bingo.

Straight_Pride Straight_Pride OP

And this is the reason why people think Christians are stupid.

soberlikekesha soberlikekesha

Lol kind of find it really hard to believe that millions of cells can evolve into an iPhone. I see what op is saying, but the analogy makes it seem like god is the terminator

Ross Ross

In response to “Lol kind of find it really hard to believe...

And Jesus is the one that says "I'll be back"

Ross Ross

this why i hate people who believe so much in their religion ,

why do you want everyone to believe that god is real? the only thing god/christians/religion brought is war and racism
besides that; there is plenty of proof to proof evolution and the big bang!

Anonymous

In response to “this why i hate people who believe so much in...

I want others to believe out of my concern for their lives! I firmly believe in heaven and hell. Yes, I wonder why they exist, but from all that I have learned and reasoned, it has to be true. You learn that when taught correctly. And I don't want people to go to hell. I don't tell people they will, but it is the sad truth. This is just another way of me trying desperately to get the message out there. Like other posts, wouldn't you rather die to find out there is no God than die to find out there is, and just be screwed?

Straight_Pride Straight_Pride OP

In response to “I want others to believe out of my concern...

Actually, if the god of the old testament existed, I'd rather go to Hell than support him. If God is all powerful, why would he allow genocide to still exist? Why would he give humans such a huge destructive capacity? Before you say this is the work of the devil: if God is all powerful, can he not simply destroy the Devil instead of continuing to allow billions of people to suffer at his hands? I'd rather live a life lead by reason, where I think deeply about each belief I hold dear, instead of letting fear of potentially non-existent punishment for a victimless crime lead me into believing something with little to no proof.

GrammarGirl

Christians also brought Martin Luther King, Mother Teresa, and Christmas presents! If you think Christmas presents are bad then you are an evil person.

fEMMAnist fEMMAnist

Wake up from your little dream world, iPhones have no cells and thus cannot evolve.

Asteriski Asteriski

In response to “Wake up from your little dream world, iPhones...

then how did cells come into existence at all? evolution says there was just a ball of matter to begin with. According to that, it's either all cells, or cells don't exist. Neither of which are true. All cells come from preexisting cells. Cell theory, check out this thing called science.

Straight_Pride Straight_Pride OP

In response to “then how did cells come into existence at...

Cells have to have DNA, which is made up of very specific molecules. Non-cells don't have those exact same sequences of molecules. I'm not even going to bother with how that happened, because, you know, they don't teach that in the last biology class I took. Have fun making yourself look stupid.

Asteriski Asteriski

Don't blame OP, if I grew up as a child who couldn't think for myself that was forced into Christianity, i'd believe this...oh wait I was, and i started to think for myself and not rationalize such a stupid concept in fear of going to hell.

LAKERSoverHEAT LAKERSoverHEAT

Uhh technically iPhones did 'evolve.' First it was a brick phone, then a color phone, then flip phones, then camera phones, then phones with mp3's etc. etc. and the iPhone is just next in line. You can also be sure it's not the last in line.

imbored15963

So if everything this great has a creator, who created God?

EstoniaObsessed

In response to “So if everything this great has a creator...

That's where the line is drawn, ask Him in heaven. Who created the ball of matter before your "Big Bang?"

Straight_Pride Straight_Pride OP

In response to “That's where the line is drawn, ask Him in...

There is actually a scientific explanation for it. I can't understand it or explain it but I know that there is one.

fEMMAnist fEMMAnist

tl;dr version: God is real.

BronySystem BronySystem

That is the worst argument ever... of all time.

Bigblue

Of course it had a "creator," it's MAN-MADE.

plotbunnyhunter

In response to “Of course it had a "creator," it's...

Who made the man?

Straight_Pride Straight_Pride OP

In response to “Who made the man?

I'm not even trying to get into the whole evolutionary arguement, I'm just picking at the analogy. If I found an iPhone in a box on the ground I wouldn't have a religious epiphany, I'd be wondering who on earth would drop that.

plotbunnyhunter

In response to “Who made the man?

His mommy's ** and his daddy's **. Or a test tube.

Butts Butts

In response to “His mommy's **** and his daddy's ****. Or a...

you saying a test tube...so sad. I hate that. But who made the parents?

Straight_Pride Straight_Pride OP

In response to “you saying a test tube...so sad. I hate...

**** and vaginae.

Butts Butts

In response to “**** and vaginae.

and who made the **** and vaginae? lol

Straight_Pride Straight_Pride OP

What's wrong with test tubes?

fEMMAnist fEMMAnist

Okay. A couple of things. Number one, you're an idiot. Number two, that is a terrible, inaccurate analogy. Number 3, there are theories on how cells came into existence in the first place. Essentially, there were various elements such as nitrogen, oxygen, carbon, phosphorus, hydrogen, and these reacted in an "chemical soup" on the very, very early planet. Lightning, lava, and cosmic heat provided the energy needed for basic amino acids, then proteins to form, and eventually self-replicating RNA and DNA. And then these combined even more to form the first cells. The elements, of course, came from space when matter was pushed all over the universe by the Big Bang. And there you have it, that's how life began.

I'd say that now you're better informed, but you're close-minded and pretty much stupid, so you didn't believe any of that.

In closing, piss off, you're ruining our generation and our future.

Paradoxal Paradoxal

In response to “Okay. A couple of things. Number one, you're...

You are the ruined generation, ruining the future. Where did this "chemical soup" some from? It can't just be there with no explanation. I'm damn well open minded, I just know that all these ideas that I'm open to are bloody well wrong. You're closed minded because all you say is "Oh, he's a christian. CLOSE MINDED HATEFUL IGNORANT BLAH BLAH BLAH!" If anything defines closed minded, that is it.

Straight_Pride Straight_Pride OP

In response to “You are the ruined generation, ruining the...

If you want to know where "chemical soup" came from I suggest you study physics and biology instead of refusing to believe it simply because you don't understand the science behind it.

fEMMAnist fEMMAnist

In response to “If you want to know where "chemical...

(y)

Yeah, did I not say that the elements came from the Big Bang? I remember saying that.

"...elements such as nitrogen, oxygen, carbon, phosphorus, hydrogen, and these reacted in an "chemical soup"...The elements, of course, came from space when matter was pushed all over the universe by the Big Bang."

Paradoxal

Yep. God created ONE WORLD with intelligent life. And ALL THE REST just for scenery. /sarcasm

VAL

In response to “Yep. God created ONE WORLD with intelligent...

God created intelligent life in addition people like Straight_Pride perhaps as a punishment.

fEMMAnist fEMMAnist

In response to “God created intelligent life in addition...

Way to have an intelligent argument...

Straight_Pride Straight_Pride OP

Stupid analogy is stupid.

LordThundercunt LordThundercunt

what's wrong with believing that god created evolution...? I believe in both. also, I believe in god, but this post is just a stupid analogy. 1. religion isn't always 100% logical, it's based on your own faith (or lack thereof) and 2. believe what you want, but dont try to make others believe in it too. that's what this post is trying to do, convert people, and OP needs to stop trying to shove it down others' throats.

kenzawins

In response to “what's wrong with believing that god created...

shoving it down throats? anybody could have just scrolled past it...

Straight_Pride Straight_Pride OP