EpiskeyPMfoo_jbadass_leprechaunTheDancerchickJennlovesmcrStarGazerleeanne772tagMissAutumnFallegarcia22BeatleBabeawesomesocksoooshleyyRemyHemingwayConnorNoonanFriday_Night_Lightsastral_queenSingingWolfThattorichickbiondelloKluklayuJediLynxkmg2828DefyingravityyasminlBig_BossihatelizardsMahorelaFlipFlopsAndSocksTheTall123WynautAllSmiiilessTheshitStarKidSkyethan96starlighttheguywasred16BromeosarahfCho_Changlauren4004heysoulsisterChelseaisawesomeGlambertGleekinsachelvolleyball_loverOmNomMalmoamiriteousRabbit_Fuzz

MikeNacklefoodleTaylorrr124Mister_Jim_Halpertscene_Kidd12MeerkatSobriquet

Nobody :(
You felt so accomplished when you figured out the ending of Inception when no one else could, amirite?

There are too many plot holes in that awesome damn movie. Unless you're solution is that the entire movie was a dream, there will always be a point in that movie where it contradicts you.

dan94 dan94

True, I don't get why people say its so confusing... it made perfect sense to me.

NotAMouse

lmao you felt more accomplished when you predicted the ending before it even happened and people were still confusd :P

sheycollain sheycollain

What was the ending?

acisseJ acisseJ

In response to “What was the ending?

The names of all the directors, actors, and film crew rolled across the screen. Pretty cliche IMO.

ConnorNoonan ConnorNoonan

In response to “What was the ending?

It was a cliffhanger. I don't that that's actually the right word for it since there's only one movie, but oh well. He has this happy ending with his family, and he spins the totem. But we don't see if it falls or not.

open_mind_open_soul open_mind_open_soul

In response to “It was a cliffhanger. I don't that that's...

Some people said that even though you can't see it because the screen cuts to credits, you can hear the totem hit the table if you listen for a few seconds. I don't know if this is true though, I never remember to listen for it.

Joker Joker

In response to “Some people said that even though you can't...

Dangit, we JUST returned it to Netflix. So now I can't look D:

open_mind_open_soul open_mind_open_soul

In response to “Dangit, we JUST returned it to Netflix. So...

Next time I watch it I shall inform you of my findings. :)

Joker Joker

i just watched the ending and there's nothing. if you listen further there's a weird rumble sound and while everyone is saying I HEARD IT I HEARD IT they don't realize that if they would listen a few more seconds, they'd know its part of the song

tequiero tequiero

In response to “i just watched the ending and there's...

Ahhh. I never did get to watch it again, so thanks. But now I wonder what the 'ending' of Inception is that the OP is referring to...

Joker Joker

In response to “Ahhh. I never did get to watch it again, so...

Well, it sure wasn't that "totem hitting the table" thing(: I didn't even know about that. I meant from the part where he goes into the next level to find Cy (the Asian dude) to the ending.

EpiskeyPM EpiskeyPM OP

People asking what the ending was on here will ALWAYS get a sarcastic answer.

If you dont believe me, look above ^, lol

Anonymous

dan94 dan94

Okay the entire moive obviously was not just a dream. And also the ending was ambiguous so idk wdf the OP is saying, because frankly, has anyone ever even considered the reason why a lot of people were confused was maybe because it was intent of the producers to awe the viewers and have people talking. Just a thought but I don't think anyone should feel Un"accomplished" for being dazzled at the end. NW

Mister_Jim_Halpert Mister_Jim_Halpert

It was a dream, his kids were wearing the same clothes they were in his last memory. After years, they would've had to grown, or at least gotten new clothes.

Anonymous

Yet, his wedding ring was off in the final scene... The only time his ring was on was during dreams.

gloriousvictorious gloriousvictorious

Everyone has their own theories to the ending (hence why you'd feel proud if you could figure it out). In my group of people, mine was the only logical one, so we all just went with it.

First, I want to point out that it is said that if you die in the dream and go to limbo, when you wake up you'll basically be a vegetable. Also that if you missed "the kick," there'd really be no way to get out.
Near the beginning when Cy (I can't remember his whole name, so I shall call him this) is telling Cobb about the job he wants him to do and that he'll make some phone calls to clear his name, and Cobb asks Cy how he can know he can deliver, and Cy says, "You'll just have to take a leap of faith." (or something to that effect) Note that throughout the movie, Maul continues to say "Take a leap of faith," which basically means "die with me."
Obviously, the mission doesn't go as planned and Cy gets shot. If I'm not mistaken, he tells Cobb that no matter what, he will uphold his end of the deal.

EpiskeyPM EpiskeyPM OP

(Con't.) Later when Cobb goes to find Cy in the fifth or sixth level to make sure he'll clear his name and get him to his children, Cy gives that whole "an old man filled with regret speech" and we see him fingering the gun, then we cut back to them all waking up on the plane.
Here's where the whole confusion starts. Many say that Cy just shot Cobb to give him another kick and get him through the levels, but he'd already missed all of the other kicks, so there would be no point of that. Plus, he was already drowning in the first level with the van, so he would've died anyway.
My theory is that Cy shot him to kill him. He said he'd uphold his end of the bargain, no matter what. Cy knew enough to know that he had died and he had no way of making his way back to the living world to make the phone call to clear Cobb's name, so he instead decided to give him his own limbo. Since Maul died, Cobb's subconscious was free and he could be happy in his limbo.

EpiskeyPM EpiskeyPM OP

Whether Cy knew this or not, I don't know, but he wanted to get him back to his children like he said he would (he didn't necessarily say dead or alive). I believe that from the point where they all wake up on the plane to the end of the movie is just Cobb's version of limbo, where he gets his children and can be happy.

Sorry for the length, but I wanted to explain thoroughly!(:

EpiskeyPM EpiskeyPM OP