Pedo_CatboxmanButtsRebelsofyelinnthearmoredpotato_14thearmoredpotato_14JoyStarshoreaheadGossipGirl1990SofieSamanthaUnicornkrisbie18greendarthpotatoboored2tearsqwazoo82swankornSora0491yourmomcalista_is_ritejustyouraverageleftypamcakeRachhphoebala1207Artemisdinosaurcupcakejcsvennelitapd311thisisnotaudreyMeatballsaretastyOvergrownTurkeyTDWP_is_loveitslindsayyyLAWLZAttackBreakfastFanwillisjawKhana_Hatakeellephaba101ImNeverGrowingUpErinSilvermoonlolinconcheer4miaBeatleBabeNinjaAssassinMy_usernameMelanie_MooOFWGKTAChuckTomBub

Star_Fox_EliteHollyhollyhollyoinkpooka32savybabylolitsmegLucky_MeSirCheekyBastardRubenKiHaveNoNameSaritaRyanAO1035Rainbow35lilobamaRainbootsFitzkriegjitterbug_145Annajoy97

lolincon
The sit and reach test shouldn't be made mandatory in schools. The other fitness tests such as the mile or the push-ups people can improve on, but it's not fair to test students on their flexibility, they are born either flexible, inflexible, or somewhere in between, amirite?

You can become more flexible by stretching.. and its not like you will fail out of school if you don't have a good reach

Anonymous

Anonymous

agreed. but it was always beneficial to someone like myself who has short legs, as opposed to those who have long legs. Honestly, the leg length does make a difference. i.e. if a person 6'3" has the same flexible ability as someone who is 4'10", then the 4'10" person will still reach longer.

pooka32 pooka32

People can so imrove their flexibility. yes, some people with shorter legs may have more potential total stretch, but that doesnt mean no one can improve.

Anonymous

In response to “People can so imrove their flexibility. yes...

Can't be improved enough. I stretch all the time for track and cross country, am very athletic, but I just was not born flexible enough for the test.

Pedo_Cat Pedo_Cat OP

No, if you stretch every day and work at it it WILL improve your flexibility. It just takes time. Its not about just stretching at sport practices or games. Flexibility is something you can improve on, and yes some people are born a bit more flexible then others. It sorta depends on body type. Trust me, I have improved my flexibility from just stretching every day.

Anonymous

My head touches my knees and I still cannot reach more than 10in... That test is ridiculous.

Anonymous

Try yoga people. It works. There are stretches for that exercise.

Anonymous

Nahhh don't agreee

Maria

That test is ridiculous. I'm athletic but I can't "sit-and-reach" to save my life. And no amount of stretching is going to help.

Jazzyness

The sit-and-reach test still isn't as pointless as the shuttle run...

Anonymous

I have to do the sit and reach stretch every day, and i actually try to improve, and i have been getting a londer distance each year

Tucker Tucker

well, some people cant run. they dont have the athletic build. if you wanna be good at anything in gym, just practise.

Anonymous

In response to “well, some people cant run. they dont have...

anyone without a disability can run if they really work at it. some people just have short hamstrings and even need to go to physical therapy for it, and as a concequence, can't get an A in gym even if they can run well. (like myself)

Pedo_Cat Pedo_Cat OP

It's not like you can't get more flexible. Of course it's a disadvantage if you're not naturally flexible, but if you stretch, it's not like you're never gonna get more flexible. You just have to be dedicated and patient. Stretching for 15 seconds at a time in gym class/practices won't ever get you anywhere. If you hold the stretch every day for 2 minutes, you'll improve tons. I couldn't touch my toes a while ago, now I can put my hands flat on my feet.

Anonymous

i've never even heard of this, we didn't have to do it at my school...

shnozzberries