CiaraJoleenNicholeWaffles321dive_kt96TYPOMorningCadencesleeanne772JaedtheEchoctiscoolerWideAwakeAGAJoe_LarsonFlyingGuineaPigLilLuvYallsilvershadow6__________taylortotteldoritoDurzoBlintscene_Kidd12Jennlovesmcrretsofgiants14StripedElfSocksI_Predict_A_RiotUnavailablethatguysanjali5GeorginalicethatapplegirlmeysenburgerExcuseMyCharismaverymuchalivebagel_like_a_ross_mrs_anthony_kuskeHarryPotterFan777polarthebearThatbitchreereeWikitOhEmGee_MuffinJackCheesefuustoleitacornsrockBeedleTheBardnataliebatLoveIsTheMovementHastyCroissantSergbetsyNicole_Anonymous

XhollyXroseX_Ashlie_Cuban_BMadisonmchristiesydpinkShizlySnobbyDrugAddictenderiamganontheumbreonHopeImriteguineasaurusrexEstoniaObsessedLibbyPaigeAshannondarbyShadePawOTKickAssSmahLucasbluewolf96GiggityGoo22RealityarmtheangelsLifeSuxThenYouDieDylanSaysHeepwahlollylyndyinshanityfoxNiallmcgorangesocksK4ITItallstartedthenightiwasbornArobotrainalways_wrongSavreetCshalalaibandit524LittleMissBANG409inyourcoffeemakerallwaswellBaffleloveyoualattexxpinkbubbles192SamanthaaJSethbertmariahrox153brunetterox915ChelseaisawesomeNajiaD_MoneyAimzGracelee

Pedo_CatJoe_Larsongenereereebagel_like_a_rossTrishK4ITDaemoinefEMMAnistEbony_WayeatsworldwithjimmygeekspawnExcuseMyCharismaMellerose94FlipFlopsAndSocksthatapplegirl_mrs_anthony_kuske
The argument "Don't like abortion? Don't get one" is really pretty stupid if you think about it. I mean it's like saying "Don't like slavery? Don't have one.", "Don't like child molestation? Don't do it." Or " Don't like murder? Don't kill anyone.", amirite?

forcing a woman to have a child is just as bad as forcing her not to. if she had the child and gave it up, for the rest of her life she'd know she had a child out there. there are infinite reason to come to the choice of abortion. Money, health,maturiy, if it was rape or incest. Do I think abortion should be used as birth control? no. Do I think it should be a protected option for women? Undoubtedly. But a woman who gets pregnant is not always some immoral , murderous hedonist. Birth control can fail, things can happen. Each woman must be judged individually.

Trish Trish

It's not the same, because in slavery, child molestation and murder there is a victim, and it's one person hurting another. The same does not happen when there is an abortion, at least the people who believe abortion should be legal don't believe that.

CastleSkyles CastleSkyles

In response to “It's not the same, because in slavery, child...

Uh, there are victims of abortion. Babies who are aborted late may grow up with mental/physical handicaps, and all the other aborted ones just don't get a chance at life.

Anonymous

In response to “Uh, there are victims of abortion. Babies who...

But if they are aborted how can they grow up?

Hey_There Hey_There

In response to “But if they are aborted how can they grow up?

Because when they're aborted late, they survive. But at the same time, they're born way too early. And they grow up with all sorts of problems. I've heard several stories of this happening.
How would you feel if your mother had had unprotected ****, then tried to get an abortion at, say, 24 weeks, but you came out alive. Then you lived your whole life not only knowing that your mother wanted to get rid of you, but also with a serious mental/physical handicap. That would kind of suck, don't you think?

Anonymous

If a baby survives an abortion it's the doctor's fault, although I never heard of an abortion survivor.

As for the babies who will never get the chance to live, as I've said people who are pro-choice don't believe that that's the case. And by that logic isn't every fertile woman that isn't pregnant denying a life by not being pregnant?

CastleSkyles CastleSkyles

In response to “If a baby survives an abortion it's the...

This is what I always like to say.

"For that matter, any masturbatory emissions, where the sperm is clearly not seeking an egg, could be termed reckless abandonment. "
-Elle Woods

I understand that many religions are also against **** (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzHcqcXo_NA), but I guess it can be seen as denying lives that are held in the sperm from being fertilized, as well.

ender ender

In response to “This is what I always like to say. "For...

I love how you're saying one thing is okay, because something else is... "Hey child rapist it's okay what you're doing, because Hitler killed 6 million Jews"

If you two are so stupid that you think **** or not becoming pregnant is the same as killing something that is in the middle of developing, then you're just... stupid.

KickAss KickAss

In response to “@1269257 (ender): I love how you're saying...

1. Don't call me stupid because you don't agree with me.
2. Don't use a Hitler argument with me. My extended family was murdered by Hitler, so **** you.

We're going to disagree on the personhood of a fetus, there's no question about that. To me, a fetus is the potential for a baby, the same way sperm and egg are. It's closer to a baby, but it's not a person yet. You probably believe that a baby is born at conception, but I don't. Yes, aborting is a MUCH bigger deal than putting your seed in a sock, but I don't believe there is anything morally wrong with either.

ender ender

i have, and its not all that rare

thatsjustmii

all i can say is ** you. Fetuses are victims and don't even use the ** argument that they don't have rights just cause they aren't born yet.

Pedo_Cat Pedo_Cat

Trish Trish

In response to “forcing a woman to have a child is just as...

Except that nobody forced that woman to have ****....
Please don't use that rape argument. It accounts for 1 percent of people who get abortions. And medical abortions don't even count as abortions. So.... please STFU.

Anonymous

In response to “Except that nobody forced that woman to have...

With all due respect, she mentioned rape once and then clearly stated that it shouldn't be used as birth control. Given the subject at hand, OF COURSE people will disagree. I mean, no shit you know? But you don't have to be rude.

Cuban_B Cuban_B

I find it sad that is all you got out of what I said. furthermore no one forced the male to have **** either...

Trish Trish

In response to “I find it sad that is all you got out of...

Yeah, but the male isn't birthing a baby....

KickAss KickAss

In response to “Yeah, but the male isn't birthing a baby....

Exactly the point. The male never has a finger pointed in his direction. Pretty much if they don't want to be in the child's life they walk away. Another reason why males should not be making laws about female reproduction.

Trish Trish

In response to “Exactly the point. The male never has a...

19th century thinking called, they just wanted to let you know, women do in fact have power now. And they don't have a say about female reproduction, they have a say about murder

KickAss KickAss

In response to “19th century thinking called, they just...

abortion is not murder. Plan b makes it so that a pregnancy never begins. furthermore fetuses are Not independent organisms. Is cutting your hair murder? No.

Anonymous

In response to “abortion is not murder. Plan b makes it so...

Who said anything about plan b? I'm talking about abortion. An 8 year old isn't independent, should we kill them? A person who recently got laid off and has to live with their parents aren't independent, should be kill them? How bout people who just finished college and can't find a job, would you resort to plan b with them too?

KickAss KickAss

In response to “Who said anything about plan b? I'm talking...

When I say independent, I mean not a fully formed, self-sustaining organism. If you took a month old fetus out, it would never ever live. I am not talking about financial independence, although money may have an impact on the choice to have an abortion in the first place.

Anonymous

In response to “When I say independent, I mean not a fully...

So if you take a one day old baby out and leave it outside, then it's okay, because it's not independent?

KickAss KickAss

In response to “So if you take a one day old baby out and...

Actually, there are a number of stories of mothers having children and killing them and/or throwing them into the trash. I would much prefer the child to be aborted before it would be born to die horribly hours later. Also, a one day old baby is not even close to a one month old fetus.

Anonymous

In response to “Actually, there are a number of stories of...

It's still not independent though. And I'm not saying it's okay. That's what you're saying. I'm saying neither should happen.

KickAss KickAss

In response to “It's still not independent though. And I'm...

I do not think abortion should be birth control but if a woman doesn't want the child, she will make sure she doesn't have it. Back alley abortions,teas, "accidents", killing it after birth. Imgine beign forced to carry a child you don't want or can not properly care for? It,s cruel and unusual punishment. of course it takes a toll on a woman's health and mind.

Anonymous

In response to “I do not think abortion should be birth...

You know there is a way to make sure you don't get pregnant, it's called abstinence. All you need is a little bit of self control, if you don't want a baby don't have ****. If you don't want to shoot someone in the face, don't play with a gun while that person is near by. It's not complicated unless you get raped. You're thinking about this "poor" woman, what about the dead baby? That's like saying, "OMG, I saw a car accident today, I'll probably be scarred for life." When there is a kid in there who literally will have a scar of the accident with them for the rest of their life. If you abort, you should get aborted. If you can't support the kid you gave birth to, you should get aborted and your kid should be given the perfect life s/he deserves... simple as that

KickAss KickAss

In response to “You know there is a way to make sure you...

I disagree. Abstinence is not really reasonable to expect. Not everyone is a nun/monk. It is quite unrealistic to think things are that simple and that blakc and white. Also, if you feel that just by beign born we all deserve a perfec life.. I'd love to see that happen. if the billionaires with their heads up their rectums would think people who don"t make 10 figures are human beingss that'd be great. truth is not everyone can or WANTS TO support a child. Wy should they be forced to? The people who are agianst abortion sure aren't giving them that monthly check. The planet is also quite overpopulated anyway. We don't need more octomoms havin 14 children. People like that are insane and greedy. Also quite delusional.

Anonymous

In response to “I disagree. Abstinence is not really...

I was being sarcastic, but they do deserve the same opportunity everyone else gets at life. And I'm not saying we should become nuns or monks, I'm saying if you can't support a child, then don't have **. Is it really too much to ask people to be responsible for their actions? I mean exactly like you said, too many people having children, let's reduce it by not having as much **....

KickAss KickAss

In response to “I was being sarcastic, but they do deserve...

So, your brilliant idea is for people of lower economic status to be celibate their whole lives? I have a very well off brother and sister-n-law. I know they used birth control until they were ready for children. that is only right.That is what birth control is for. Lifelong abstinence because you are not a millionaire is stupid. Speaking of which.. "the same opportunity everyone else gets"... there s no equal opportunity. When you are born your hand is dealt already.

Anonymous

In response to “So, your brilliant idea is for people of...

Unless you're not born...? If you abort, then they don't get any cards dealt to them, mon ami.

Well I mean it would reduce over population... I mean people in lower economic statuses don't exactly have money for abortion.

KickAss KickAss

In response to “Unless you're not born...? If you abort, then...

Maybe they do. abortion is a lot cheaper than having a child to raise. Plan b is $50. And even before birth your life is set. Your paretns,family, social status,etc.

Anonymous

In response to “Maybe they do. abortion is a lot cheaper than...

Exactly your life is set, not your death

KickAss KickAss

In response to “Exactly your life is set, not your death

why even brign a child into this world to have a garbage life? Furthermore, fetuses are not full human beings. I especially loathe the idea of life beginning at the moment of conception. It doesn't. Life is when you have a functioning body that can exist outside the mother.

Anonymous

In response to “why even brign a child into this world to...

No... that's when trouble begins, that's the argument big businesses have against the everyday people. Life begins when you get a lawyer that can protect you, life begins here, life begins there... truth is everyone has their definition of life to protect themselves from the evil things they do to people who aren't "alive"

KickAss KickAss

In response to “No... that's when trouble begins, that's the...

I think you are confusing dehumainization with biological fact. Rich people do get better benefits in pretty much every sense,true. It is also tru ebad things happen when you start dividing people and categorizing them. With that being said, a fetus is still not a human. The stem cells are basically genetic playdoh. they take time to even get a body. After that parts of their body develop the whole period of gestation, and longer. Therefore unlike poor people, or Jewish people, or whomever else, they really are not human.

Anonymous

Alright, I stopped reading when you suggested that people stop having ** so they won't need abortions. Abstinence will NEVER be the solution to unplanned pregnancy. Well, technically it is, but teaching it DOES NOT WORK, and it NEVER WILL. Teenagers and ADULTS will continue to have **, and we have to make sure they can do so safely.

Anonymous

Wow, you are obviously retarded because you have no idea in which the context the word "independent" means. When you talk about how a fetus is "dependent", you are reffering to the fact that it is physically attached to the mother still. Yes, a baby is dependent on its mother for sustenance, but you are under the impression that when one says "dependent", it means they need something.

SemiColin SemiColin

in most cases, no one forces a women to get pregnant, it is not a disease. If you chose to have unprotected **, you have made your choice and you should have to face the consequences. If you are not responsible enough to take precautions when it comes to ** than you should not be having it. Pregnancy is not a choice, its the result of a choice.

thatsjustmii

In response to “in most cases, no one forces a women to get...

Not always. Birth control fails, rape happens, condoms break, men may lie abotu having vasectomies. Als, once again it is not only the woman invovled. It takes two partners for a pregnancy. Furhtermore, abortion of a cild you can,t or won't be able to take care of IS facing consequences. Sometimes it is the best option.

Trish Trish

How is it stupid? Slavery is still alive and well, you do realize that? And we don't like it so we don't have them. (Yes that's very simplistic, but everyone knows the history.) Does that stop it from occurring all over the world? Same with child molestation and murder, both are **** RAMPANT. Just because you don't like something that doesn't stop it from happening, but you can make damn sure you don't do it. Of course the difference with abortion lies in the fact that is isn't illegal, for the reasons stated in the comments above.

Cuban_B Cuban_B

In response to “How is it stupid? Slavery is still alive and...

The second point you made is the whole point of the post. Not partaking in a certain practice does not stop it from being done. That is what makes the "Don't like abortion? Don't get one." argument ineffective. In a way, it is disrespecting the beliefs of one who does not believe in abortion by trivializing said beliefs, and dismissing them.

Voltaire once said: "Think for yourselves and let others share the privilege, too." While the opinions of anti-abortionists conflict with those of abortionists, we should still respect those of each.

And by the way, just because something (such as slavery, child molestation or murder) is done elsewhere in the world does not mean that it is right.

Roger

In response to “ The second point you made is the whole point...

XD Well no, shit buddy! I'm sorry, but I never said it made it right. Of course it doesn't! Lol The thing is they happen and the only choice we really have is to not participate. With abortion, regardless of the legality, they still happen. I disagree with you though. I think the argument is very effective. If it could be proven rather than speculated that abortion is murder, do you honestly think it'd be an issue? Furthermore, we don't make laws in accordance with making everybody happy. Personal beliefs have no place in objective government, which is why people are so pissed off gays cannot get married. (Please, no debates about gay rights.) But I do agree we should respect each others beliefs, but we should also realize that sometimes by basing decisions solely off of them instead of looking at all the facts is quite detrimental.

Cuban_B Cuban_B

That's a terrible argument, and that's not the reason I'm pro choice in most cases.

polarthebear polarthebear

I'm personally pro-life in most cases, unless the abortion is for medical reasons/the mother was raped. But those still account for a rather small amount of abortions.

Wikit Wikit

In response to “I'm personally pro-life in most cases, unless...

It maybe a small amount, but it still happens.

iamganontheumbreon iamganontheumbreon

In response to “It maybe a small amount, but it still happens.

Of course it still happens. Did I say it didn't? My own cousin had to seriously consider abortion due to the fact her baby was dying, and she would have had to carry a dead baby for the remaining few months, which is very hazardous to a mother's health. And rape still happens as well. In those cases, I think, it's acceptable to choose abortion.

Wikit Wikit

Don't like gay marriage? then don't get one.

Hey_There Hey_There

You basically just said, "Abortion is murder " and now there is no chance of me taking this post, or you, seriously.

iamganontheumbreon iamganontheumbreon

In response to “You basically just said, "Abortion is...

Yeah, abortion isn't murder just like Hitler didn't commit genocide....

KickAss KickAss

In response to “Eh?

Hitler didn't kill 6 million Jews. Holocaust never happened

KickAss KickAss

In response to “Sorry, but... eh?

Where in lies your confusion?

KickAss KickAss

In response to “Where in lies your confusion?

Why do you say that he didn't kill 6 milliong jews?

iamganontheumbreon iamganontheumbreon

In response to “Why do you say that he didn't kill 6 milliong...

In a world that abortion isn't murder is the world that doesn't recognize the Holocaust as an actual event

KickAss KickAss

In response to “In a world that abortion isn't murder is the...

So you're saying killing millions of Jews is equal to aborting something that wasn't even born yet?

iamganontheumbreon iamganontheumbreon

In response to “So you're saying killing millions of Jews is...

Yes and the worst part is, you don't even recognize it as murder, so people can kill as much as they want to and not even feel the slightest remorse? There are MILLIONS of babies, being aborted yearly. That's more than how many people were killed during the Holocaust. You can't even compare the Holocaust to this, because this is so much worse

KickAss KickAss

In response to “Yes and the worst part is, you don't even...

I really hope you're joking.

iamganontheumbreon iamganontheumbreon

You do realize that one who aborts their own fetus would likely be one who is incapable of raising it. If a desperate woman was pregnant and couldn't afford to support herself, one of two things could happen: the baby starves to death, and the woman is left with even less money, thus leaving her to starve too, or the woman starves, trying to support her baby, who then dies having no one to take care of it.

Cynic

In response to “You do realize that one who aborts their own...

Oh I do realize that... that's why I support abortion... and then murder of people who abort... so that way, they can be put out of their miserable destructive **** filled lives (unless they keep getting raped, then you just have to fill sorry for them and maybe kill them, because they'd probably be miserable too).

KickAss KickAss

In response to “Oh I do realize that... that's why I support...

I don't appreciate your sarcasm, or your attacks on my opinion. Rape victims exist, and it's not right to judge them for aborting. They may not have a choice. Try being empathetic for the people who are CAPABLE of CONSCIENCE THOUGHT, rather than a fetus that was ACCIDENTALLY CONCEIVED and likely has NO FUTURE.

Pissed Cynic

In response to “I don't appreciate your sarcasm, or your...

(Pissed Cynic): Hmm one problem I have with you (personally, don't take this professionally) your name changed from Cynic to Pissed Cynic, but cynics tend to be pissed at the world, they just don't let other people know that, so by acknowledging your anger, you can no longer be considered cynical.... IMO.

Anyways, the reason the fetus doesn't have a future is because the parent was messing around, when they shouldn't. Unless it's rape, then they really have no excuse. Saying that the **** broke or birth control didn't work is NOT a valid excuse. If you're playing with a gun and you shoot someone, you can't say the safety trigger didn't work (you can), but why were you playing with a gun in the first place, if you weren't planning on killing the person you were "playing" with?

KickAss KickAss

In response to “(Pissed Cynic): Hmm one problem I have with...

My reasoning is that this person is a rape victim. And playing with guns does not strike me as a valid analogy for having contra-conceived ** either way. A gunshot would yield death, a broken or ineffective pill would yield pregnancy. Abortion is not the same as murder, because murder is of a citizen who can express empathetic emotion, think productively, and judge the answer to a problem using logic. A fetus that is aborted is only a fetus. And one who is having unprotected ** when they are not ready to raise a child, and who does not want a child at all is probably not going to raise someone with much of a future.

Believe it or not, irresponsible people exist.

Cynical Angry Guy.

In response to “My reasoning is that this person is a rape...

(Cynical Angry Guy.): So would you shoot someone in a vegetative stage? Just because they can't do what you can do? Would you go around killing animals, because they can't think how you want them to think?

And I do realize that people who abort would not make good parents, but I mean still... there should be punishment.

KickAss KickAss

Have we NEVER heard of adoption before? There is no way in hell there are "only two options."

geekspawn geekspawn

Okay buddy, now I really don't mean to be argumentative for the sake of being argumentative, but I want to run something by and I would really like for you to consider it. Is killing somebody ALWAYS murder? I mean ALWAYS? (In the eyes of the law.) Because I'm pretty sure soldiers are killing all kinds of folks and being hailed as heroes, amirite? Always have been. YES, IT'S A DIFFERENT CIRCUMSTANCE! I know, but that's my point. Sometimes killing is justified "for the greater good" and I hesitate to use that phrase. War, euthanasia, abortion, capital punishment, all can be arguably "wrong" but they all exist for a reason and that reason is not always malicious and is never simple. :)

Cuban_B Cuban_B

In response to “Okay buddy, now I really don't mean to be...

Yeah of course killing is always murder... your reason doesn't matter. Whether at war or during peace, a soldier who has killed is a murderer. It might be hard for us to accept that our hero is a murderer, but for the victims family that "hero" will always be the source of evil.

I really don't support euthanasia or capital punishment. I personally think killing people is wrong.

KickAss KickAss

In response to “Yeah of course killing is always murder...

Lol no, no, no, that's why I specified "in the eyes of the law." I guess I'm just trying to point out how hypocritical it is to vilify women who get abortions and praise soldiers. You're right though, killing is killing but to me personally is not always murder. But Oh well, just wanted to put my two cents in. :)

Cuban_B Cuban_B

In response to “Lol no, no, no, that's why I specified...

And you got my two cents back.

I mean we don't really "praise" soldiers, unless we're in a war we want to be in. Like the soldiers who came back from Vietnam, Korea and previous wars were spat upon and ridiculed, attacked and hated. However in this war, since people think that terrorists are a threat to us, no one will go out and speak against it. However babies aren't a threat to anyone except for people who enjoy having copious amounts of **** and not having any self restraint, because they can always abort and it wouldn't be considered murder by law

KickAss KickAss

No, the op said that argument is really stupid. Even if you're not getting an abortion, you can still feel that it's wrong and other people shouldn't get one. Personally I'm pro-choice, but I think that particular argument is invalid.

Anonymous

I'm pro-life personally but that doesn't give me the right to tell someone they're wrong. Your personal position is just that, personal. As in if I found out I was pregnant right now I would opt not to get an abortion, you know? A lot of people seem to equate "pro-choice" with "pro-abortion." People who are pro-choice aren't crazy maniacs running around hoping women get abortions they simply think the women should have the choice and I think most would be glad that a woman did not choose to abort. I don't know it just seems like people always misunderstand the side that they are not on.

LyssaBlau LyssaBlau

In response to “I'm pro-life personally but that doesn't give...

Thank you so much for being thoughtful and comprehending the difference between pro-choice and pro-abortion. I appreciate that.

Trish Trish

In response to “Thank you so much for being thoughtful and...

No problem. I try my best to as informed as possible on both side of an argument. You learn more that way. (:

LyssaBlau LyssaBlau

In response to “No problem. I try my best to as informed as...

This is probably one of four comments on here that I can consider to be respectable.

Anonymous

Actually if the person is not pro life, then they're pretty wrong... if murder is wrong and abortion is murder, then abortion is wrong. You can't be pro choice at all, unless you say that it's okay to kill babies. By saying someone's pro choice, they're saying it's the moms choice to kill a baby or not, why not kill the mom and see if that's okay? What makes the baby any less of a person than the mom? I can't even begin to understand how anyone can say abortion isn't murder. I mean okay go head and murder the baby, but acknowledge it for what it is, murder. I'm not saying that abortion should be illegal, I'm just saying that murder should be legal.

KickAss KickAss

In response to “Actually if the person is not pro life, then...

I didn't say they were or weren't wrong. I said it's not my place to decide. You seem to be directing things that I didn't discuss in my comment. I never said abortion wasn't murder, and I also said I wouldn't get one because of my own beliefs. Pro-choicers are about the rights of the mother not about killing babies. And I know people will ask questions like,"Well what about the rights of the baby?" I can't answer that because you can't have it both ways. If abortion was made illegal throughout the entire world it would still go on, people do them on the streets and it's awful to me and a lot of other people, but that doesn't make the opposing views invalid.

LyssaBlau LyssaBlau

In response to “I didn't say they were or weren't wrong. I...

Oh no I wasn't saying that you were wrong or anything... I DID read your comment, I was just saying it's your place to decide that they're wrong....

KickAss KickAss

There's a difference between infanticide and abortion. One of them is a fetus with no future as a human, providing that the mother is in such a position to abort. I don't think you acknowledge the fact the a mother loves her offspring, no matter what, and one who has to abort would really HAVE to abort. In some cases, the choice to abort is absolutely necessary. Very few mothers exist that would abort if they didn't have to.

Anonymous

In response to “There's a difference between infanticide and...

I dunno... I feel like there are people out there that use abortion as birth control....

KickAss KickAss

In response to “I dunno... I feel like there are people out...

And you want there to be more such people?

Cynic

Very few people use abortion as birth control. Those who do probably are not responsible enough to raise a child anyway.

Anonymous

..... Am I the only one who has ever heard of the ADOPTION choice for women who can't raise a child yet?

seriously?

In response to “Am I the only one who has ever heard of...

(seriously?): Haha nice.

Anonymous

(seriously?):
Yeah...I personally think if the mother is aborting the baby for social or wealth reasons, I think putting the baby up for adoption is the better choice. If the mother is putting herself (or the baby) at any type of risk by giving birth or was raped, then it's a different story.

Wikit Wikit

I don't like it when people use rape as an excuse for abortion if they are pro-life. It's not the baby's fault you got raped, and if you're able to raise the baby or give it up, you should.

I think this issue is like religion, it can't be proven right or wrong. Some people think the baby has a soul at conception, and some think that it happens when the baby is born. We can't prove that so no one knows for sure whether its right or wrong... my two cents anyway.

GiggityGoo22 GiggityGoo22

How is it YOUR place to decide that I don't, or that anyone else doesn't, have the right to abort? I believe late-term abortion is murder, absolutely. But early-term? That's MY choice; if I choose that, you have NO right to tell me I can't.

inshanity inshanity

In response to “How is it YOUR place to decide that I don't...

You don't have a right, that's why it's funny.

Daemoine Daemoine

In response to “You don't have a right, that's why it's funny.

Funny, because I do! I don't tell others what to do with their bodies. Why should I allow someone to tell me what I can/can't do with mine?

inshanity inshanity

1: most people who are pro-life are so because they are christian, freedom of religion makes imposing your religiously based morals on everyone through law blatantly illegal so stfu.
2: the world already has a MASSIVE overpopulation problem, every fetus that is aborted rather than taken to term and put up for adoption is giving it's life (assuming you even count it as a life, otherwise you wouldnt BE pro-life) to postpone the worlds dwindling lifetime. They are also making the world a more peaceful place for longer, since the more overpopulated countries are, the more short on resources. and the more likely to think attacking a neighbor for theirs is a valid choice.
3: religious people: do you really want those "sinners" who run around sleeping with men and getting pregnant (assumably out of wedlock) passing their genes and morals onto these children, who are also more likely to grow up as criminals and/or with more mental issues, since they were unwanted?

Anonymous

In response to “1: most people who are pro-life are so...

wow. sorry, massive mobile formatting fail.

Anonymous

I've always wondered number 1. I have said before if the majority of the population was Jewish would it be right for them to outlaw pork just because they don't eat it?

528491 528491

In response to “I've always wondered number 1. I have said...

I agree, it's like you read my mind before you wrote that comment :D

iamganontheumbreon iamganontheumbreon

I usually try not to get into abortion posts because there is so much grey area that really isn't worth fighting over again and again. But, for number three, everyone is a sinner, whether you're sleeping around or lying or anything. I know someone of us seem like it is a sin in fact to admit it, but all Christians are sinners. Every person to ever live (save Jesus, who was perfect.) has sinned. So, these children that come from parents who weren't married aren't any less to any Christians and we would treat them the same (and I know I would still treat the parents the same, but most Christians are too judgmental to do that.). I hope I didn't sound disrespectful, but I just wanted to explain what Christians believe about number three.

gananas gananas

In response to “I usually try not to get into abortion posts...

i understand your point, i actually know christianity as a whole rather well (convinced my parents my decision to be an agnostic atheist was ok by outdoing my catholic father in an argument using christian ideals and stuff, lol) but my point is that most christians DONT, whether they are "supposed" to or not.

Anonymous

I don't like using rape as an excuse for abortion either. It's sort of implying that women who choose to have ** deserve less rights than women who don't choose to have and that is not okay at all. Even if the woman did have ** irresponsibly, she deserves the same rights as everyone else.

fEMMAnist fEMMAnist

when i saw 69 comments i knew there was some debating going on..

ilikefurrywolves4815 ilikefurrywolves4815

Theists: Do you believe that God governs all life and death?

Anonymous

It's ironic how all the people who support abortion are alive right now.

Daemoine Daemoine

In response to “It's ironic how all the people who support...

It's ironic how all people who don't support abortion haven't died giving birth to the child of their rapist.

fEMMAnist fEMMAnist

Here's what I don't get: Assuming that zygotes are people and that life begins at the moment of conception means that you believe that a zygote/ embryo/ fetus' life is worth just as much as a human outside the womb. But spontaneous abortions happen every day, and most miscarriages happen before the woman even knows she's pregnant. Is that really as sad as the death of a person? Is that really sad at all?
Does the spontaneous abortion of a zygote no one knew existed really equate to the death of a person?

ForeverMarauder ForeverMarauder

In response to “Here's what I don't get: Assuming that...

Exactly, if zygotes are really the same as adult citizens shouldn't we have criminal investigations of miscarriages? Shouldn't we charge women who drink while pregnant with manslaughter? Shouldn't we have a funeral for every menstrual cycle that flushes out a fertilized egg before it attaches itself to the uterine wall? Shouldn't we also charge women who get abortions with murder? If fetuses are human, aren't we obligated to kill doctors who preform abortions and kill millions of "humans" just like we killed Osama? If you think really believe fetus=human, you would hate doctors who preform abortions just as much as you hate Nazis. After all, both of them "murder" thousands of people.
Obivously, a fetus is not the same thing as a citizen so we should stop pretending like they are.

fEMMAnist fEMMAnist

hahaha, this is funny...

Anonymous