SimonnataliebatSiixteenASWCCMarylov3MeredithMrRiteaoife_123Admiral_BeenalionanimagusdoctorwhotardistessaS85canthinktyreeshajonesIAmJacksWastedLifeFlyingGuineaPigOHdarlingJulesybellsjrhoxoIcelJiffyandmemaccaldavisSobriquetBig_Bossj3llomas3r21HastyCroissanttrackerjagkerrrw070193RacelloBlueJayWaySonic_Screwdriveralbinostickmanriteamiscene_Kidd12MasterJmakeup_nerdLoveIsTheMovementinnocentbunnyssansasaywhencwezafarbsmrjustinpiersonWynautzack7521jilliebeanMonkeySlpy4YapperdoodlesLieutenant_AwesomejNOMnom

QuannaxiamganontheumbreonAGAVitaeAlexCarlileThePillowdruvstrawberrymooIdling_Rocket_ShipArobotraini_dont_eat_humansmakaykaystarkeHello071wobbuffetcanadianigloosctiscoolerHpisfrickingawesomeVegan_GryffnDorkBeThatAsItMaynoodalie95KyRoCoJokerThisChickThatbitchSunflowersAreSunnyMrKrabsWhackyBucksKellyLynchx4everxlove101ellephaba101tea_superkeeliSlenderfanrunnerdudelightning_lies_lotsDictatorCourtneyshannisara24kingfor_besitosKiwimango9becsNajia_____________Betsay_Parenthesis_Colonbuskii13iWeasleyJulesEvanhaubnerCherryBlossomExpelliarmusBaconnoisseur

teampotteryesitsjessbowchickabowowgimme_sympathylana_banana_nanaalbinostickmanThePuppetWithWingsWolfgangaardvarkkedavraIrish_WolffSCurryAriodantekiwileeteamweasleytwinsbellabeanItprobablyismeBun10
Why the hell did Harry name one of his kids after Snape? Yes, Snape was a good guy all along, and probably saved a lot of people by putting his life on the line, but that doesn’t change the fact that he was a complete douchenozzle to Harry for 6 years, amirite?

he basically took the names of everyone who died, mixed them up, and named his children after them

ASWCC ASWCC

OMG Simon, I can't believe you just ruined the end for me :/

loljk. But, yeah, the Epilogue was shit.

DanielJames DanielJames

In response to “OMG Simon, I can't believe you just ruined...

Shit or the shit? I always get confused.

Shadi Shadi

You're a hypocrite. You were named after your mom's crush. Harry named his kid after his mom's crush.

wobbuffet wobbuffet

LOL I can't WAIT to see the movie!! (l)

Anonymous

ASWCC ASWCC

In response to “he basically took the names of everyone who...

Yeah, I understood that, but out of all the people that died - Sirius, Lupin, Mad Eye Moody, etc., they were all really brave too, and they didn't bully him like Snape.

Simon OP

In response to “Yeah, I understood that, but out of all the...

You're forgetting that it wasn't just Harry he bullied. He was just a terrible person to a lot of innocent people. I completely agree with you. Snape put his **** on the line more than almost anyone else during the war (nobody else willingly went into Tom's midst and lied directly to his face for over a year straight) and was absolutely essential to Tom's downfall, but he wasn't someone you'd want to name someone after.

MrRite MrRite

In response to “You're forgetting that it wasn't just Harry...

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm trying to get at.

Like, Harry probably got over most of Snape's **** behaviour when he grew up, and was grateful for all Snape did, but it still remains that Snape was an absolute jerk to him.

Simon OP

In response to “Yeah, that's exactly what I'm trying to get...

You're only mentioning what he's done to Harry. The horridness of Snape's character runs far deeper than any of his interactions with Harry. I've written it before. Just read this:

http://www.amirite.net/285183#comment1288728

MrRite MrRite

"Hey, Dad?"
"What is it, James Lily Cedric Sirius Emmeline Amelia Albus Hedwig Alastor Rufus Dobby Colin Fred Nymphadora Remus Severus Potter?"

MrRite MrRite

In response to “"Hey, Dad?" "What is it, James...

"I had a ****-change operation. Now you can call me Ruthie."

Ruthie

that name just rolls off the tongue, doesn't it.

albinostickman albinostickman

That poor kid....

HayHay513

He would have had a horrid time trying to write his name when he was young.

Miss_Potter Miss_Potter

In response to “He would have had a horrid time trying to...

Nah, it would have been an advantage. Every time a teacher had assigned something like three feet of parchment on any subject, he'd already be half done just by writing his name. Easy O.

MrRite MrRite

We know, Ginny, we know.

And seriously, man, he had a thing for Harry's mum.

Wakor

In response to “We know, Ginny, we know. And seriously...

yeah I thought that's what made Harry naming his son after snape the most weird. If that made any sense.

_Nephilim_ _Nephilim_

In response to “yeah I thought that's what made Harry naming...

But you know, after all the shit that went down, perhaps he was a little sparkly-eyed towards Snape after he was revealed to be the good guy. At least, long enough to have a kid and name him after the guy.
And Harry Potter did practically see Snape's whole live in the pensive (I think it was?) I certainly felt differently and more caringly toward Snape after that.

Wakor

In response to “But you know, after all the shit that went...

Yeah, I felt bad for him when Harry's dad bullied him, which made him grow into being so grumpy all of the time.

_Nephilim_ _Nephilim_

You know, I read something ages ago that I agree with - when Harry saw Snape being bullied in the Pensive, he could have seen it as something he had in common with Snape (being bullied) and it would have made Snape be more "human" to him, but all Harry seemed interested in was his father, which I guess would be expected of an orphan, but I just felt that it could have changed his entire outlook of Snape, instead of slightly changing his outlook of his father.

Simon OP

lol. douchenozzle is a funny word.

iamganontheumbreon iamganontheumbreon

Cause snape was looking out for harry from the beginning, in the 1st book he saved from quirell/voldy a couple of time n even from dolores umbridge and since he was fakin death eater he had to pretend to hate harry

Anonymous

In response to “Cause snape was looking out for harry from...

Noo, he hated Harry regardless.

Stuff

In response to “Noo, he hated Harry regardless.

Bust snaped saved harry's **** constantly

Anonymous

In response to “For Lily.

For Lily or not, harry owed snape a lot, and it was only a middle name anyways

Anonymous

In response to “For Lily or not, harry owed snape a lot, and...

Sure. But you said he had to *pretend* to hate Harry, and I'm saying he *did* hate Harry.

Stuff

In response to “Sure. But you said he had to *pretend* to...

hi didn't hate harry, he disliked him cause he was like James. If he hated Harry he would have screwed him over quite badly

Anonymous

In response to “hi didn't hate harry, he disliked him cause...

He hated Harry because he was like James. Or at least, he liked to think he was like James because he hated James. And what do you mean, screwed him over badly? How?

Stuff

In all fairness, Harry probably didn't realize how much he hated Snape until after he already signed the name to the junior douchnozzle's birth certificate.

Shadi Shadi

The one comment Snape made on Hermiones teeth really made me refuse to like him.

Icel Icel

In response to “The one comment Snape made on Hermiones teeth...

I read this book called " Harry Potter should have died" and there was a part saying something about that line. It was like Snape didn't mean he saw no difference in Hermione's teeth it was he didn't see a difference between the badness of the spell on her and the one on Goyle.

albinostickman albinostickman

In response to “I read this book called " Harry Potter...

exactly! it was despicable

Icel Icel

In response to “exactly! it was despicable

You don't understand what albinostickman said.

Palindromes_Are_Fun Palindromes_Are_Fun

I think that Harry was trying to "make up" for what his dad did to Snape as a kid. I mean, Snape had it rough anyway, but I'm sure that if James and crew didn't pick on the guy so much. And it would make total sense for Harry to try to (literally) repent for the sins of his father. I think of it as his giving Snape a second chance through his own kid. Besides, it's middle name territory we're talking. It's not like the kid is Severus Albus.

FantineLovett418 FantineLovett418

I think Harry should get done for child abuse for calling his kid "Albus Severus" in the first place.

Anonymous

Yeahhh, Albus Severus is still a tough name for me to get used to. Liiike it made sense for older characters but for younger characters it's like sticking them with an old man's name. Would it be weird to argue that Sirius Severus would have been a cooler name?

Anonymous

In response to “Yeahhh, Albus Severus is still a tough name...

Sirius IS a really cool name...

mk!

Sirius was James Potter's (Jr) last name:

-Bill and Fleur's children were named Victoire, Dominique and Louis
-Charlie Weasley had no children and never married
-Percy and Audrey's children were named Molly and Lucy
-George married Angelina Johnson and their children were named Fred and Roxanne
-Luna and Rolf's children (twins!) were named Lorcan and Lysander
-Harry and Ginny's children's full names are James Sirius, Albus Severus and Lily Luna Potter
-Draco and Asteria child's full name is Scorpius Hyperion Malfoy

http://www.accio-quote.org/

Simon OP

In response to “Sirius was James Potter's (Jr) last...

George married Angelina, really? XD

Stuff

What!?! Harry has kids!?!

Anonymous

I've been saying this ever since I read the epilogue for the first time. I'm just really glad to see that someone agrees with me. I would never name my child after someone who treated me as horribly as Snape treated Harry, regardless of how "brave" the person was.

Anonymous

But Snape resented Harry in a way because due to the striking resemblance between Harry and James, it reminded him of how badly he was treated as a kid by James. He also had to deal with the guilt of basically handing over Lily, whom he was in love with, so he was just a bitter man. But everything he did after that was for Harry's life.

lightning_lies_lots

In response to “But Snape resented Harry in a way because due...

I'm not denying that Snape was a hero, and that his actions did save Harry's life.

But that doesn't quite make up for such petty behaviour towards Harry when he was a teacher - yeah, he was bullied as a kid by James, but when you're an adult, you have to grow up a bit and get over it.

Yes, he was a hero, but he still abused his power as a teacher to bully Harry, so I don't understand why Harry would name a kid after him.

Simon OP

Snape was mean because otherwise voldemort wouldn't have trusted him

PeanutButterBrownies PeanutButterBrownies

Snape had to be mean to Harry because if he was nice to him Voldemort would have known what was up and everything would have been ruined. When Harry was looking in the Pensieve at Snape's memories, Dumbledore said "After all this time, Severus?" and Snape sain "Always." He still loved Lily and therefore came to love Harry, his last piece of her. He resented him a little in the begining because he was James's son, but he came to care for him over the years. He was the bravest man I ever knew.

Kiwimango9 Kiwimango9

In response to “Snape had to be mean to Harry because if he...

No, Dumbledore asks if Snape has, actually, come to "care for the boy," and Snape's like "**** NO!" and then shows his patronus.

Stuff

im guessing you didnt thouroughly read the books. because in those 6 year he might have been a douche but he also did whatever it took to protect harry. snape died for harry albus severus potter was named after the 2 headmasters that died to protect harry. snape was the bravest man harry potter ever knew. therefore as a reminder, its his childs name. the same child with the exact eyes as his mother lily potter, snapes life long love.

magicmaddy

Not to mention he wanted to bang his mom.

fangirl12 fangirl12

I think he names his child that because without Snape, Harry probally would have died. Snape tried to protect Harry in the first book from Quirrel. Dumbledore and Snape had a plan so Harry could destroy all the horcruxes and live. Snape faked being on the dark side so he could get information from Death Eaters, risking his life full-out. Snape DIED for Harry. He didn't like Harry because he was James' son. But he was also Lily's, so he did kinda like him I guess. So I would name my child after him...

haraSSarah haraSSarah

In response to “I think he names his child that because...

I agree with that completely lol

teamweasleytwins

Favorited because douchenozzle is a silly word :)

Ariodante Ariodante

Douchenozzle. XD

Stuff

Hey, you’re the goto exeprt. Thanks for hanging out here.

Kaleigh

rpMWZL <a href=

emucucor

"Albus Severus" One of Harry's many talents is naming kids. Seriously touching though. The best thing about Harry is his heart. He seemed to identify with Snape somewhat and felt that Snape deserved some respect after he died after being hated by everyone yet being so brave. The war against Voldemort would not have been won without him.

Anonymous