wobbuffetcookiepandamiddleseisJellyfish_JellyfishSkylarOctaviousWideAwakeWoobx2502manPedestriansSeaAtheisticMysticslairMonopolygamyCPFC_Peavlermashmallow515Juliafacebrunetterox915marti_shay55ActionManAshlivampire_academykelseyisherrPedo_CatLamWinelarnisstarkeRuinersimoneSlendermanRandyMichzShugahctiscoolerrubienicoleFailAtLifeClementinesNiallmcgLonelyIslandamarathegreatBluearkangel94Glen_Coco4ashnicoleluvsblgFred_WeasleyLyndiroseLailaSillikgeneDragonTickleeStickCavemanJess_DohertyBballFoSho

blue45000RainbowsJennitaliaFavvkesLiz229lCuban_BsaywhenrowanneFitzkriegangels_001shelbmeEvan17JulesIsItBetterYetwhatwhatTristantheGreatIttzelnomnomFrogs_Legs_the_TrollTrishJaykeDSPEWthestoryofaglrlmonstrositygkeffkefftammigoesrawrMarblezoneEyesfifthfogelTKD_4_lifesighcantthinkofanamePeppergirl14Keith_StonefroyocharlieBandgeekeggsMaryDrewtjillswimsShundinoroarFunGuyInTheVanlookitupCboo17BagelFinagleAutisticAliceChuckTom

Nobody :(
One of your worst fears is having a child that has a serious disability, like autism or being blind, amirite?

But I would still love them.

Anonymous

But I would still love them.

Anonymous

In response to “But I would still love them.

I wouldnt

Favvkes Favvkes

In response to “I wouldnt

Why not?

mchalla3 mchalla3

In response to “Why not?

they'd just be a burden. On myself and society. I wouldn't want to deal with their nonsense. it would annoy me. sounds harsh, but its just the truth.

Favvkes Favvkes

In response to “they'd just be a burden. On myself and...

You wouldn't love them because they were a burden?
I honestly don't think you could handle a child until they were aroundfive years old in that case.

mchalla3 mchalla3

Anonymous

In response to “****

Its unreasonable to suggest that all children should be loved? No, i think YOURE the ****.

mchalla3 mchalla3

In response to “You wouldn't love them because they were a...

yeah i hate kids. i don't plan on having kids. I really value people i can talk to without censoring myself.

Favvkes Favvkes

In response to “yeah i hate kids. i don't plan on having...

Oh, thank goodness for that.

dini190

Ah, gotcha.
I might, might not. Depends if I'm married and bored enough.

mchalla3 mchalla3

I have a sister and she has autism. I love her to death. Of course I wish she was a healthy child but I've learned to accept it. I feel like there's a possibility you would change your mind if you actually went through the experience.

Anonymous

In response to “I have a sister and she has autism. I love...

I agree. Lol i want to say something more significant but i can't think of anything XP

mchalla3 mchalla3

It SO depends on the disorder or disability. Some disorders/disabilities are treated fairly easy and may not be a burdensome.

_Jojo_ _Jojo_

In response to “It SO depends on the disorder or disability...

I think I'd still love them, though, but knowing myself, I'm not sure I'd have the patience.

_Jojo_ _Jojo_

Yes, I totaly agree. You would still love them, but in the back of your mind, you would say, "I wonder what life would be like if my child could see, or had more friends. Maybe he or she would be happier." But I guess it would teach you patience and unconditional love.

Anonymous

In response to “Yes, I totaly agree. You would still love...

Hahah, I know this isn't what you meant, but it sounds like you're saying not having a lot of friends is a disability.

rowanne rowanne

many autistic kids have more joy and pure happiness then those that don't. yeah life will be more difficult and their opportunities will be lowered significantly, but they will still have a life that you can make amazing for them

Evan17 Evan17

In response to “many autistic kids have more joy and pure...

Being autistic isn't the only thing than can be wrong with someone, idk why everyone brings that up.

Male

In response to “Being autistic isn't the only thing than can...

because it's probably the most common. But what I said applies to kids with down syndrome as well among others.

Evan17 Evan17

I would hate for them to have to go through all the things that we so called "normal" people take for granted. But if anything I would love them more.

Superhippo Superhippo

Or if they were jewish..that'd be terrible

aclw123 aclw123

In response to “Or if they were jewish..that'd be terrible

to those who think this was antisemitic, it was a joke cause you "can't" be jewish if your parents aren't jewish...

aclw123 aclw123

In response to “to those who think this was antisemitic, it...

Yes, you can, it's a religion, therefore a choice.

Also, people could have voted you down because there are jewish kids out there, with jewish parents.

CherryBlossom CherryBlossom

In response to “Yes, you can, it's a religion, therefore a...

They wouldn't be born jewish, legally they aren't jewish until they convert which can't be done until the age of 18 without parental consent. That being said i have nothing against jews and it was just a random comment which I could have applied it to anything such as black, asian etc. And yes i obviously got downvotes because i said that it would be terrible if my children were jewish hahaha, i get it.

aclw123 aclw123

One minor reason I'm almost 98% sure I'm not going to have kids.

DDasia DDasia

In response to “One minor reason I'm almost 98% sure I'm not...

I'm 75% certain that by the time out generation is old enough to have kids, we can just pick and choose which sperm and egg cell to use, and this will allow us to even pick how our children will turn out and prevent birth defects.

mchalla3 mchalla3

In response to “I'm 75% certain that by the time out...

Already doing this.

TristantheGreat

In response to “Already doing this.

The one thing I don't get is that for the egg cell, wouldn't you have to wait a few months until you get the right one? or are they working on extracting it or whatever?

mchalla3 mchalla3

In response to “The one thing I don't get is that for the egg...

They already have ovary banks, so it's definitely possible. But it's a surgical process, so nowhere near as easy as pleasuring yourself into a cup.

ctiscooler ctiscooler

In response to “They already have ovary banks, so it's...

Aw nuts. That sucks. Why have i not heard of this before? Does anybody have a link to where i can learn more?

mchalla3 mchalla3

This might sound horrible but I have epilepsy and I feel like if I have a child, there's a possibility that they might get it. Because of this, I don't want a child. Mainly because I wouldn't want them to deal with it and I also wouldn't have the ability to deal with it.

Anonymous

In response to “This might sound horrible but I have epilepsy...

It isn't horrible, it's completely understandable.

A girl

my 8 year old sister is deaf and she means the world to me <3 I wouldnt trade her .

gkeffkeff

When you grow up with a disabled sibling you kind of get past that whole thing.

Honestly, it's really not as big a deal as people tend to think it is. Everyone acts like if they have a disabled child, their life is going to be RUINED and they're going to be such a burden to society and oh boo hoo poor me poor me.

God, shut up.

The only way that's going to happen is if you LET it happen.

Sure, maybe you have to fight a little extra hard for your kid. But guess what? That's **** life.

monstrosity monstrosity

In response to “When you grow up with a disabled sibling you...

I actually disagree. There are many different kinds of disorders, and some people are not mentally able to deal with raising a disabled child, and depending on the disability many will not have to "fight a little extra hard" but a lot extra. There are disorders with varying degrees of severity. Having a disabled child often ruins marriages, and it can also be financially ruining. Some parents cannot handle it and send the child to a special institution. Some people think it would be too much and opt to have abortions before the child is born. It can be life-ruining, or at least your life may never be the same again. That doesn't mean you can't love the child, though. I would recommend reading "The Boy Who Loved Windows." It's about a family's struggle to raise a boy with autism. It's a true story written by the mother who experienced it all. Also, imagine raising a child with Tay-Sachs or something only to have them pass away from it. That must be devastating.

_Jojo_ _Jojo_

One of my exes had a speech delay till he was five, so when he was little he would just run around and act out constantly since he was so frustrated that he couldn't communicate. I know that's not as serious as blindness or autism, but that would be terrifying for me to have in a child.

ctiscooler ctiscooler

Abortion. :D

Anonymous

In response to “Abortion. :D

Dude I'm pro-choice, but shut the **** up. Kids aren't Halloween candy that you can throw out if you don't like.

BurntToastCastle BurntToastCastle

I wouldn't be able to handle it.

Deathelf Deathelf

Not necessarily with blindness. More like mental retardation.

BetterThanEzra1119 BetterThanEzra1119

See, I've been around a lot of people with disabilities. My elementary school had a lot of blind kids in the regular classes, a good friend of my mom's teaches deaf kids, my uncle is in a wheelchair (not sure if that's the kind of thing you meant, but I'm counting it) my friends sister has downs and we have "Best Buddies" in my school which is where once a week you eat lunch with the special ed kids. Most of the time they can live fairly normal lives and seem fairly happy. There was a blind teacher at my elementry school and she taught my class some about it, and it isn't as bad as you would think. I'm not wishing I'll have a kid with a disability, but I'm not worried about it.

sighcantthinkofaname

Or even worse, they could have red hair.

Pookie Pookie