KristenAnnieMcManusdairyluvJennitaliakerouac528491peace21TheVoiceOfReasonShunThat_Tall_ChikthatguysrapemasterflexFuck_OffPsychoticSpearmintMilkTrishSerenaSaysitemilysoccer2LibbyPaigeALive4MusicVitaeBlearslyrarerjustanothergirlSimonDameequacoolstorydeeviantFleebaairohpueshelbmeislanderStatefarmTheVibeAlchemistChuckTomBub

gryffinwhoreHarryPotter167GolfWangJokerlilalaElizabethhhK_SteezyBrohandasGhandiJellyfish_JellyfishMrCurtis01HenryUngSneedBlueJayWaySnobbyDrugAddictScottyDGambiteerJardenmagizzleCcRrAaZzYybailey143katebearAlmostAlwaysRightImayormaynotexistwhisperedtouches_Ashlie_ThatbitchUmmmmUmUmUmUmmmmmmmHannahGoesRawrEdward_FINNAellephaba101guineasaurusrexStepharooIdonotownapolarbearBassClarinetistlucichAndrewslesscderbyihearandomusicClementinesTapeFlyingMintBunnyctiscoolerPeppergirl14acidkoreanAllybart28Bassboy1993NinjonMasterJEmbyLuannea_fetus

Jellyfish_JellyfishAnnieMcManusSimonrapemasterflexWolfgangYour_Stalkercoolstoryawesomeperson241God_the_AlmightyCarsonShunsonicyouth
One of the ways Twilight is cool is because Bella loves Jacob even though he's Indian, while in Harry Potter, there are only white people, because I guess J K Rowling just doesn't like people who aren't white. Just one reason Twilight is better, amirite?

Harry was originally in love with Cho who was Asian, Dean Thomas is black, the prime minister is black. But please, keep continuing to sound like a moron so your Jacob boo-boo always comes out looking the best. At least Harry Potter teaches about friendship and being strong to fight for what you believe in. Twilight teaches you that without multiple boyfriends you'll never be happy.

Anonymous

HARRY POTTER FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HarryPotter167

In response to “HARRY POTTER...

Translation: I find Harry Potter to be a very enjoyable series, as I shall treasure these books for all time to come.

Clementines Clementines

Anonymous

In response to “Harry was originally in love with Cho who was...

And there's also the Patil twins, who aren't white.

_Ashlie_ _Ashlie_

In response to “And there's also the Patil twins, who aren't...

Harry really missed his chance with those girls

ASWCC ASWCC

In response to “And Ron

Well with Ron it was the dress robes that really screwed him over, and that he wouldn't dance, and that he was in love with Hermione

ASWCC ASWCC

In response to “Well with Ron it was the dress robes that...

Nah, those dress robes were badass.

Did anyone else find it annoying how both the Patils were in Gryffindor in the movies?

_Ashlie_ _Ashlie_

In response to “Nah, those dress robes were badass. Did...

Were they in different houses in the books?, I have read the books but...It's been so long(no)

ASWCC ASWCC

In response to “Were they in different houses in the books?...

Yeah Gryffindor and Ravenclaw

_Ashlie_ _Ashlie_

In response to “Yeah Gryffindor and Ravenclaw

Well I guess in movies twins aren't twins unless they walk every where together

ASWCC ASWCC

In response to “Well I guess in movies twins aren't twins...

And dress the same all the time.

_Ashlie_ _Ashlie_

In response to “And dress the same all the time.

AND Say exactly the save things at exactly the same time.

Anonymous

In response to “AND Say exactly the save things at exactly...

Have the same friends, like the same guy, have the same hobbies. Though these are all usually only for female twins.

Although do you actually really see male twins in movies? I can't think of any

_Ashlie_ _Ashlie_

In response to “Have the same friends, like the same guy...

Zack and Cody...

Anonymous

In response to “Zack and Cody...

Oh yeah, I forgot about them.

_Ashlie_ _Ashlie_

In response to “Oh yeah, I forgot about them.

I'm unaware of others.

Fun fact: two sets of twins from two different families started at my high school on the same day and ended up dating each other. Funny stuff.

Anonymous

In response to “I'm unaware of others. Fun fact: two sets...

Were they identical?

_Ashlie_ _Ashlie_

In response to “Were they identical?

Yeah. They could tell each other apart and every guy in school told me the way to tell which girl was which was to asses their ** and . Girl 1 had a bigger rack, girl 2 had a nicer **.. I never checked.

Anonymous

Besides like Fred and George

_Ashlie_ _Ashlie_

Erhem...The Weasly twins?

O____o

In response to “Erhem...The Weasly twins?

Yeah, I forgot about them at first, but I already said them.

_Ashlie_ _Ashlie_

In response to “Yeah, I forgot about them at first, but I...

Missed that comment, oops
Though, no harm in mentioning them twice

O____o

In response to “Missed that comment, oops Though, no harm in...

Nope none at all :)

_Ashlie_ _Ashlie_

In response to “Nope none at all :)

OH
And don't forget about Gred and Forge! :p

O____o

Hikaru and Kauru (sp) in ouran. Less obvious example :P

I_Predict_A_Riot I_Predict_A_Riot

Even with multiple boyfriends- I don't think Bella ever gets happy.. Like even in the end when she gets everything she always wanted she still seems like a trouble-making, whining, emo biotch.

B3CKVH B3CKVH

Seriously, are all Twilight fans this close-minded? This is why no one likes the fans. They're not against the books, they're against people who don't use their brains.

Anonymous

In response to “Seriously, are all Twilight fans this...

I'm against the books because they encourage manipulative and codependent relationships, as well as romanticize the idea of suicide. They also act like domestic violence is no big deal.

Oh, what, your werewolf boyfriend slashed half your face off? Don't worry. It's ok! He loves you!

Apple_Pie Apple_Pie

In response to “I'm against the books because they encourage...

Because every book in the world is happy and joyful and full of nothing but good things.
I'm reading a book in my English class about a girl who gets sold into **** slavery. That doesn't mean it promotes prostitution.

LucindaJones

In response to “Because every book in the world is happy and...

But twilight tries to make it seem romantic to jump off a cliff, and that if you don't have a boyfriend you need to end your life as it is and sit in a fetal position for six consecutive months

loveyoualattexx loveyoualattexx

In response to “But twilight tries to make it seem romantic...

That's not actually true. She jumps off a cliff because everyone else does (which is a different idea all together, the whole "if all your friends jumped off a cliff would you, too?" idea). But the way I read it is that they're soul mates and they're part of each other and they literally can't function without each other because they are meant to be together. She's not just some teenager who needs a boyfriend (if that were the case, she'd just have one). It's like (though I do believe Shakespeare is a thousand times better [which some would actually disagree with]) how when people read Romeo and Juliet as stupid teenagers in love who killed themselves. But they weren't just stupid teenagers, they were meant to be together because that's how they were written. I tend to take books and see the author as the "god" of it. If the author says they are meant to be together, it makes absolute sense that they break if apart. I don't equate this to real life, though. If these characters were humans in real life, they'd all be a bunch of idiots.

twisted_memories twisted_memories

In response to “That's not actually true. She jumps off a...

no, shakespeare wrote romeo and juliet as a satirical play to basically show how stupid teenagers are when they are in love and that if they took the time to have an actual relationship, it wouldn't have been like they. shakespeare was making fun of the love and saying they were dumb for killing themselves, not that they were soulmates.

loveyoualattexx loveyoualattexx

In response to “no, shakespeare wrote romeo and juliet as a...

Sure, if that's how you read it. Or if that what Shakespeare said he meant. My point was, interpretation is how you read it.

twisted_memories twisted_memories

In response to “Sure, if that's how you read it. Or if that...

but that really is how shakespeare wrote it. otherwise he would not have included the beginning where romeo was head over heals about another girl. and then a day later he felt the same way about juliet. if it was not satirical, then i think the play doesn't really make much sense. maybe thats just me.

loveyoualattexx loveyoualattexx

In response to “but that really is how shakespeare wrote it...

That's my point. That's how YOU read it, and this is how I read it. You could read Twilight to be dumb **** teenagers too, I don't. Isn't that the joy of reading? Every story is different for every person.

twisted_memories twisted_memories

In response to “That's my point. That's how YOU read it, and...

but what i'm saying is when it comes down to it, bella thought her life could no longer go on because her boyfriend left her. bella had to ride motorcycles really fast, jump or cliffs or do something dangerous just to imagine seeing him. you can't deny that. whether you think it is "romantic" or not, it is still saying that you can't go on with your life if your high school boyfriend leaves you and instead of trying to find other ways to be happy, you have to mope around and threaten your life.

loveyoualattexx loveyoualattexx

In response to “but what i'm saying is when it comes down to...

I read it as Bella physically could not go on without her other half. You just said she sat around instead of trying to be happy, but she did exactly that by trying to do exciting things. Also, what's wrong with riding motorcycles or cliff diving? She had nothing in her life and she wanted to find a way to feel something again. It's better then when she just sat on her **** for months at a time. It didn't say to me that I, personally, can't go on with my life if my high school boyfriend left me. It said Bella couldn't because her other half left. I generally don't associate characters with real life. Sure, I can relate and whatnot in some ways, but I don't take fictional characters and what they do to represent what I should do. I never expected a letter from Hogwarts when I was a kid, I didn't ever think I'd find a hidden world in my closet, and I don't think I'll find my soulmate vampire on a cloudy day.

Honestly, if kids can't differentiate between that and real life, that's the parents problem for not teaching their kid right. Just like how if your kid plays a violent video game and thinks it's ok to take a gun to school, it's not the video games fault. It's entertainment.

twisted_memories twisted_memories

In response to “I read it as Bella physically could not go on...

But you have to be strong and realize its your life and bella is showing that she couldn't do that without her boyfriend

loveyoualattexx loveyoualattexx

In response to “But you have to be strong and realize its...

She couldn't do it without her other half. She and Edward are connected in a way that if broken would break both of them. It's not real. It's fantasy love.

twisted_memories twisted_memories

In response to “and dependence.

Yes, they depend on each other because they literally fall to pieces without the other, because they're soul mates. It's fantasy. It's not real and it shouldn't be thought of as real. Again, it's the parental responsibility to teach kids the difference between reality and fantasy. If someone watches Twilight and thinks that means they need to devote themselves entirely to some guy, that's the parent's fault.

twisted_memories twisted_memories

In response to “Yes, they depend on each other because they...

but its showing that if you don't have someone like that or if someone you love leaves you, your life ceases to exist and I mean, when Ron left hermione in harry potter, they were soul mates but she held strong and didn't let it ruin everything and curl up into a fetal position. The twilight books are entertaining, if that, but once you think about everything that happens you realize it is all about how important it is to have a boyfriend or experience that forbidden love and that if you don't have a life like that, its pointless. Yes, I totally and completely agree that it should be up to the parents to teach their children, but media and books they love do have some influence. every little kid wants their life to be perfect or exactly like their favorite book and no matter how much the parent tells them that the book isn't realistic, a kid is going to believe what they are going to believe. Twilight teaches that you are useless without your significant other, and that in order to see him when he leaves you need to put yourself in danger.

loveyoualattexx loveyoualattexx

In response to “but its showing that if you don't have...

But they weren't written like that. They were written far more realistically. They were a happy and very normal couple. I don't think Twilight implied that at all, because I don't think it was written in such a manner to depict that. It's no different than any fantasy love story. Have you ever read a harlequin romance? These over-the-top love stories aren't meant to have realistic depictions of love. Also, I could easily argue that any kid who reads Harry Potter is going to be sad and angry their whole lives if they don't get a Hogwarts letter. You grow out of that, if you ever did believe it (same as any kid, if they do believe such silly things as you're suggesting when reading a Twilight book, will).

Also, when I read Twilight, I read a book about a girl who was trying to find her place in the world and fighting for her place when she found it. I read a book about a girl who would do anything and everything for her family. It wasn't simply about Edward. She wanted to be part of that family as a whole because she fit there and she belonged there. Also, she'd lay down her life for her family. That's how I read it. How you read it is how you read it.

twisted_memories twisted_memories

In response to “But they weren't written like that. They were...

Twilight was not written realistically. They were NOT by any means a normal couple. Stephanie Meyer tried to make it relateable and by doing that, it made girls think that edward was this perfect being and if you don't have him then nothing else is good enough. There is a clear difference between over the top and easily identifiable fantasy stories and stories such as twilight. Clearly, it is fantasy but she tries to map out the perfect boyfriend which gives people false hope. I'm not saying everyone should believe it, but everyone does. Bella was not strong. She cried when edward first didn't like her. she threw a fit when they got her a gift. she begged and cried when edward was trying to protect her by not turning her into a vamp. She curled into the fetal position when he left. She couldn't even protect herself without everyone else the message in twilight is far different to the message in harry potter. Hell, i'm pretty sad I can't be a wizard but the point of the book wasn't to show how awesome the wizarding world was, it was to show how strong and adventurous the characters are. As for the family aspect, her real family (mom, charlie) she did nothing for them.

loveyoualattexx loveyoualattexx

In response to “Twilight was not written realistically. They...

"Twilight was not written realistically. They were NOT by any means a normal couple." That's what I JUST said. (Edit: "But they weren't written like that. They were written far more realistically. They were a happy and very normal couple," was said about Harry Potter.)

I don't think everyone believes it. That's silly to assume. Like I said, when I read the book I saw a girl willing to fight for everything she believed in. You saw something else. Neither of us is wrong. Bella IS a strong character, to me. She'd do anything for those she loves. I think that's noble.

And again, have you ever read any other romance novel? They're pretty much ALL based on a false idea of the perfect man. At least in the movies and in parts of the novels, we get to find out that he's NOT perfect but she still loves him in spite of his imperfections.

twisted_memories twisted_memories

In response to “"Twilight was not written realistically...

But movies don't teach us to be dependent and rely completely on one person and no matter how you decided to read it, the book is a story about a girl becoming useless without her boyfriend, no matter what you may think the reason is.

loveyoualattexx loveyoualattexx

In response to “But movies don't teach us to be dependent and...

Tons of movies do that, especially many romantic comedies. Also, that's not what I personally got when I read the book, so... I'm not wrong and neither are you. But you seem hell bent on proving my opinion wrong.

twisted_memories twisted_memories

In response to “Tons of movies do that, especially many...

I know I can't prove your opinion wrong, clearly. I'm just trying to outline the fact that when it comes down to it, the story in twilight shows bella, who many can agree seems to be weak and needs everyone else to protect her, and edward, who is sort of an ****, and they seem to have weird love and edward stalks her and is really creepy and weird and then when he leaves her to protect her she decides to basically not be able to do anything. the message i receive from twilight is that without a boyfriend you can't protect yourself and you are nothing. If somehow you read that as being romantic, by all means you are entitled to think that. but if you can voice your opinion i can also voice mine.

loveyoualattexx loveyoualattexx

In response to “I know I can't prove your opinion wrong...

I can't agree to that at all. That what YOU got when YOU read it. I didn't get that image or that idea of their relationship. I'm not saying don't voice your opinion, but you're TELLING me what the story is when that's not what it is to me. I don't agree with anything you just said about the characters or their relationship, but I never said that what I got was "fact," as you just said. It's opinion, so stop assuming that my opinion or what I got from it is somehow wrong.

twisted_memories twisted_memories

In response to “I can't agree to that at all. That what YOU...

I didn't say your opinion was wrong, I didn't say what I thought was fact, I didn't say you couldn't read it when you wanted. I said the basics of the books are that she is helpless without her boyfriend.

loveyoualattexx loveyoualattexx

In response to “I didn't say your opinion was wrong, I didn't...

Your "facts" aren't facts, they're opinions. "The basics of the books are that she is helpless without her boyfriend" is an opinion, not fact and not what I believe.

twisted_memories twisted_memories

In response to “Your "facts" aren't facts, they're...

You're right, I changed my mind on twilight. I now believe it is about a strong girl who falls apart and slowly cripples herself once her boyfriend leaves. You won.

loveyoualattexx loveyoualattexx

In response to “You're right, I changed my mind on twilight...

I don't expect or want you to change your opinion. I just expect you to respect mine and to consider a different perspective. You claim facts with nothing but opinions and I just want you to consider that. Think what you wish, but don't consider what you think to be fact.

twisted_memories twisted_memories

Hold it. There is an essential difference between the concept and emotions and morals and theme of a story versus what literally happened.

For example: in Harry Potter, what literally happened was people were wizards and could do magic and junk. But what's more important is the theme of adventure, independence, and strength. This is what the reader is supposed to take away from the story and relate to. The author is trying to portray a message, while using the actual wizard backdrop as a way to get the message across.

Same is true for all forms of art (including literature) because basically what art does is use things like paint or graphite or notes on a page or words on a page to get some kind of message across. This can be an emotion, a moral, or broad philosophical ideas. As for the whole argument over Romeo and Juliet, Shakespeare was trying to show how stupid people can be when they let their emotions take over. This is the idea he wanted to represent. Then he used the whole suicidal teenage love story as a way to show that.

Meanwhile, teenage vampire love is not the main point of Twilight. Rather, the reader relates to the theme of dependence and unhealthy relationships.

muffinmonster36 muffinmonster36

In response to “Hold it. There is an essential difference...

Pretty much everything you just said was already said, and I disagreed with it. That's one set of interpretations of all of those things. Also, you say what the authors of HP and R&J intend, and then ignore the intention of the author for Twilight. The theme I get (and the intention of Meyer) from Twilight, is not backing down and fighting for what you believe in: love, friendship, and family. Everyone has a personal interpretation. If you don't like a book, you'll obviously have a negative interpretation. That doesn't make me or you wrong, it just makes us people who like different things.

twisted_memories twisted_memories

Yeah, no famous love story has ever romanticized the idea of suicide or codependent relationships...

MmmSex

In response to “Yeah, no famous love story has ever...

I never said I liked those, either.

But none of them have become the pop culture sensation that Twilight has.

Apple_Pie Apple_Pie

In response to “I never said I liked those, either. But none...

Romeo and Juliet? Vampire Diaries? In any of the House of Night novels, the teens are always screwing (even teachers). There are always love stories around and they almost always portray an unrealistic love. Have you seen ANY romantic comedy? They're all about how **** some chicks life is until she finds her man.

MmmSex

In response to “Romeo and Juliet? Vampire Diaries? In any of...

You missed my point entirely...

Apple_Pie Apple_Pie

In response to “You missed my point entirely...

Explain?

MmmSex

In response to “Explain?

1) Romeo and Juliet is classical literature, not pop culture. Therefore, it is irrelevant to the argument I am making. No high schooler reads Romeo and Juliet and imagines a love like that-- it's too archaic to appeal to their modern sensibilities.

2) I know nothing of Vampire Diaries and House of the Night. No comment.

3) I am not arguing against unrealistic love. There's a romantic in me that loves stories about unrealistic 'true love' and all that. What I am arguing is that Twilight portrays an -unhealthy- relationship as something desirable. All the romance books I like, the relationship is balanced and healthy.
Someone in a previous comment mentioned those over-the-top smut novels, which I am not opposed to, because those are aimed at an entirely different audience-- ie an older audience. Twilight is aimed at a younger, more impressionable audience, which gives the unrealistic aspect an entirely different weight.

4) What romantic comedies are you watching? The first few that come to mind for me are 50 First Dates, Meet the Parents, and Along Came Polly, none of which portray a helpless female character that needs a man in her life.

Apple_Pie Apple_Pie

In response to “1) Romeo and Juliet is classical literature...

1) Actually, that's not true at all. Go watch the most recent Romeo & Juliet, with Leonardo DiCaprio. More than a few girls in my grade 7 class were obsessed with the play after watching that movie. It's a hugely known and influential story, one of "the greatest love stories of all time," as I've heard it called. So yeah, I think it applies (especially seeing as nearly every person who has been through high school has read it and seen the movie).
2) Vampire Diaries = Book series to TV (quite popular) of a chick who loves two vampire brothers, can't life without one of them, **** around with the other. Yeah, classy.
3) I understand what you're saying, but I don't necessarily agree.
4) Have you ever watched an episode of **** in the City? Or any romantic comedy (think anything involving Hillary Duff) for a younger audience? It's all about getting that perfect man. Have you seen that movie, where the chick cheats with her best friends fiance? It's based on a book and the name escapes me, but it essentially says it's totally ok to ruin a relationship if you think you're in love (something that you see ALL THE TIME in romantic comedies).

MmmSex

In response to “1) Actually, that's not true at all. Go watch...

Number 3 was my most important point, to which you had essentially no response. That pretty thoroughly concludes all I had to say.

And in number 4, you're going on a tangent. Promiscuity and codependency are two separate issues. In **** in the City, all they care about is getting laid. And again, with the Hillary Duff thing, you're confusing 'unrealistic love' with what I have a problem with-- unhealthy relationships. I'm not a fan of Hillary Duff, but I seriously doubt that any of the male characters in her movies are jealous possessive, stalkers like Edward is in Twilight. I imagine they are a complete prince charming with a gorgeous white smile and a bouquet of roses at prom. What girl doesn't want that?

Apple_Pie Apple_Pie

In response to “Number 3 was my most important point, to...

Fine. I don't think Bella's character is how you described. I think her and Edward aren't normal teenagers in that they are literally meant to be together. They don't have a normal love and I think it's silly to see that and think otherwise. To me Bella is a strong character who would do anything for her family and her loved ones including the Cullens. Do I think it's award winning writing? No. It's not the best but I think the story is solid and the characters are well rounded. I just didn't want to get into an argument about opinion of characters.

Oh come on, Mr. Big? Tell me Carrie isn't completely dependent on him. She cheats on boyfriends and whatnot. She literally can't get away from him even when he's ruining her life! At least Edward just wants to protect Bella.

Prince Charming is realistic? Edward gets jealous (what boyfriend wouldn't get a little jealous if their girlfriend had a hulking man in love with her trying desperately to steal her away?), he gets a little obsessive (if you consider that he's a young guy when it comes to love, it's not hard to believe) and Bella handles that quite well by disregarding it and doing what she wants regardless.

MmmSex

In response to “Fine. I don't think Bella's character is how...

You are not listening to me.

//conversation

Apple_Pie Apple_Pie

In response to “You are not listening to me. //conversation

You're arguing that kids will see this and think this is how real life is supposed to be, right?

MmmSex

In response to “You're arguing that kids will see this and...

No.

I am arguing that codependent relationships and domestic violence are real (which they are, in case you didn't know), and that Twilight makes these problems seem like no big deal, even romanticizes them.

If you take out the supernatural aspects of their relationship, it really isn't that far-fetched, and it is a God awful relationship.

Apple_Pie Apple_Pie

In response to “No. I am arguing that codependent...

lol don't talk to me about domestic violence, I know more than anyone should. I don't disagree with that, but I don't personally see that in these books. If anyone is more dependent, it's Edward. Bella simply sees what she wants and goes for it, regardless of what he says. That said, once again, I don't see it as an example of real love and therefore don't take it as an example. For me, when Bella fell to pieces after Edward left it made perfect sense, because her other half who she is literally tied to at the soul left her. Do I expect that to ever happen to me? No. Do I think when a teenager gets dumped that's a reasonable reaction? No. Maybe I just expect more people to think this way and they don't. I don't think you CAN remove that supernatural aspect because it's the main reason behind Edwards stupid behaviour (that Bella handles like a champ).

Does any of what I'm saying even make sense?

MmmSex

It sounds like your bashing a book that you didn't read. That would make you ignorant, but heaven forbid that be the case, right?

The Hidden Muse

In response to “It sounds like your bashing a book that you...

>implying many Twilight haters on the interwebs have ever touched it, too

The HARRY POTTER IS AWESOME~~!!!!!!!!! SO MUCH BETTER THAN TWILIGHT OH GOD TWLIGHT SUUUUUUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thing going on pisses the ** out of me, and that's coming from someone who read Harry Potter and thought it was a good book but not the best thing ** ever guise!!!! and was just neutral about Twilight.

I also like bacon, but don't get why everyone acts like it's a god-sent gift from the heavens.

Guess I'm special?

Alexus Alexus

In response to “>implying many Twilight haters on the...

Nope, I'm exactly the same way.

KirstenAnn KirstenAnn

In response to “Nope, I'm exactly the same way.

You're a cool kid.

Alexus Alexus

It's ok. I liked both series.

twisted_memories twisted_memories

Well bacon IS a god sent gift from the heavens.

sixfeetunderthestars sixfeetunderthestars

In response to “Nope.

:O how dare you!

In response to “:O how dare you!

!!!!!!!

Alexus Alexus

this argument... too easy to win...

HenryUng HenryUng

But Bella still ends up with porcelain white edward. Sorry for the spoiler.

Frogs_Legs_the_Troll

Ugh. I'm a Twilight fan, but I still can't defend you.
And for the record, I have a passion for both.

AnnieMcManus AnnieMcManus

Lol at the butthurt fans taking this seriously

FredWeasley

In response to “Lol at the butthurt fans taking this seriously

Nobody's getting "bahht herrttt!!!!!!11!!" or taking this seriously. We are all aware that this is a stupid post. Get over yourself.

Anonymous

I think it is stupid that people compare them. They are two totally different series. Leave each to their own.

UmmmmUmUmUmUmmmmmmm

In response to “I think it is stupid that people compare...

No, because this post compared something that could be compared (the race of the characters)

Jarden Jarden

In response to “No, because this post compared something that...

I meant the large amount of fans of each series who continually try to prove why one series is better than another. This post was obviously written by a troll just to piss people off.

UmmmmUmUmUmUmmmmmmm

I think it's because the movies came out at the same time, it's kinda like the future Hunger Games/Maximum Ride fandom war

ASWCC ASWCC

In response to “I think it's because the movies came out at...

There were tons of movies that came out at the same time. That shouldn't make a difference.

UmmmmUmUmUmUmmmmmmm

In response to “There were tons of movies that came out at...

(hmm)I wonder where this fight started, was it two film students having an intelligent discussion or just annoying twelve year olds talking about books they've never read...I kinda want to find out now

ASWCC ASWCC

In response to “(hmm)I wonder where this fight started, was...

I'm sure it was the latter.

UmmmmUmUmUmUmmmmmmm

Woah there. I am NOT white. I consider myself more of a blue/grey race of my own. And Dean Thomas and Lee Jordan were black, parvati and padma patil were indian, cho was Asian, must I go on?

Jarden Jarden

Cho is my favorite white character.

Rainbows Rainbows

In response to “Cho is my favorite white character.

First off, I'm acknowledging the sarcasm as Cho is Asian. But did you really like her as a character? I didn't feel like she had any sort of a personality.

Anonymous

In response to “First off, I'm acknowledging the sarcasm as...

Nawh, I hated her.

Rainbows Rainbows

Seriously? She was so insecure, just because harry said a few nice things about Hermione she gets all paranoid

ASWCC ASWCC

In response to “^

While I have your attention I have to say it was your version of the fresh prince of amirite that inspired me to write my version of Still Alive

ASWCC ASWCC

In response to “While I have your attention I have to say it...

Ooooh, it's nice. Me gusta.

Rainbows Rainbows

In response to “Seriously? She was so insecure, just because...

Though I'm not personally a fan of Cho, I do think she gets a lot of unnecessary flack from the fandom. I think she was a teenage girl with serious psychological issues because of her love's death (again, *teenage girl*), and that's the reason for her insecurity. She latched on to Harry to cope with Cedric's death when she really needed to see a therapist to handle her grief. But of course, those don't exist in fiction...

Anonymous

In response to “Though I'm not personally a fan of Cho, I do...

Well now you make her sound like bella

ASWCC ASWCC

In response to “Well now you make her sound like bella

I'll admit--I've never read the Twilight series (and I don't really plan to), so I don't know if there are any similarities between the two. But honestly, the person she liked was murdered and people are blaming her for acting the way she did in OotP? :/ I bet most teenage girls would act the way she did given all the situational pressures. I also want to add that Cho does eventually move on (and marries a muggle) and even goes back to Hogwarts to fight in the war.

Eleutheramina Eleutheramina

I hate fans like this. It makes me extremely ashamed to say that I love Twilight, because everybody will assume I'm one of those "ZOMG LYK EDWARD<<<<<31!" people. If you like Twilight, great. But if you can't say that without sounding like an idiot, then shut up and stop making other fans look bad.

smh

In response to “I hate fans like this. It makes me extremely...

I hate people who can't see an obvious troll.
(troll)(troll)(troll)

SpearmintMilk SpearmintMilk

"even though he's Indian".... Umm wow way to make being Native American sound like something negative.

ScottyD

In response to “"even though he's Indian".... Umm wow...

JK Rowling writes about those human jars of mayonnaise.

Anonymous

And she also has Asian and Black characters in Harry Potter. So what are they jars of?

ScottyD

Wow there's a couple First Nations, in a book that takes place it America! And they're wolves, and the vampires are white. I dunno seems pretty stereotypical to me.

_Ashlie_ _Ashlie_

I feel like OP is trolling... or I'm sad for humanity...

Kiana

Someone clearly didn't read the Harry Potter books or watch the movies.

That, or Cho Chang is white and we've all been duped.

a_fetus a_fetus

In response to “Someone clearly didn't read the Harry Potter...

I feel duped.

Anonymous

Well, in AVPM, she IS white :P

Grilled_Cheesus Grilled_Cheesus

Jacob is NOT Indian. He is Native American. I am Indian. As in, from the country of India. Native Americans are Native Americans.

Inmate_24601 Inmate_24601

This post is just wrong. Next time base your opinions on solid facts and actually try to make a slightly coherent sentence.

BartyCJr

Ew people on this site are mean. I'm leaving

Anonymous OP

Anonymous

In response to “Kay bye ...

Uh. Bye?

Anonymous OP

In response to “Uh. Bye?

Aww you haven't left yet :'(

Sonofarifle

How nice of Bella to love him despite that flaw. Also, he was a werewolf.

2Infinity 2Infinity

JK Rowling doesn't like people who aren't white? Missed all the underlying racism in Twilight, I take it?

shelbyam118 shelbyam118

Lee Jordan, Dean Thomas, Cho Chang, Kingsley Shacklebolt, Patil twins. Six fairly major characters in Harry Potter that arent white. Enough said

downhillbomber15

Please don't insult J K Rowling, whatever you do. She is an excellent author who fabricated an amazing story that will last for many generations.
Twilight has a good plot, but the books do not appeal to nearly as many audiences as the Harry Potter series does. And the Breaking Dawn movie ruined the whole Twilight story for me... It was utterly disgusting.
Back to this "racism" point which you are trying to defend your beloved books with: ummmmm? is all I have to say; the other comments said it all, if not a little more meanly than I may have voiced the undeniable facts that Rowling is not racist.
This site is amazing that we can voice our opinions. If that is your opinion, I respect it but wish to help you see the other side of the issue also. I'm sorry if you feel offended, but that is a risk of posting something, amirite? :D

McQueen McQueen

In response to “Please don't insult J K Rowling, whatever you...

Really? Breaking Dawn was the best movie so far (imo).

MmmSex

Troll in the dungeon.

TheSuperLur TheSuperLur

Not to mention Meyers made up a bunch of stereotypes pertaining to Native Americans.

But you know,Rowling did say all British people drink tea everyday.

Lexii Lexii

In response to “Not to mention Meyers made up a bunch of...

They don't? ;_;

O____o

In response to “They don't? ;_;

It's a cruel, cruel world, O___o.

Lexii Lexii

How did she make up a bunch of stereotypes? I'm genuinely wondering.

twisted_memories twisted_memories

WHHAAAATTTT??? HOW DOES ONE COMPARE THE TWO LIKE THAT???

first off, twilight uses MUCH more likeable races. harry potter has like 8 gingers in it AND YOU FORGET ABOUT THAT? pathetic...

name name

In response to “WHHAAAATTTT??? HOW DOES ONE COMPARE THE TWO...

Redhead is not a race.

KirstenAnn KirstenAnn

In response to “Redhead is not a race.

O RLY?

name name

In response to “O RLY?

Is brunette a race? What about blond? Hair color is not a race. You implied that it was a race.

KirstenAnn KirstenAnn

In response to “Is brunette a race? What about blond? Hair...

you didnt get it

name name

You people need to take a chill pill. I hadn't seen the first HP movie in years and I dont really remember it well.

Anonymous OP

In response to “You people need to take a chill pill. I...

Well gee, what did you expect when you pulled the racism card on something you just admitted you know nothing about. Common sense, get some.

Anonymous

good for you... if you don't remember it well then dont make an untrue comment about it.

HarryPotter167

People are retarded for not liking Hitler, he just wanted to reform Germany. Oh sorry, it's been so long that I've forgotten about his evilness.

Sonofarifle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lKlMll9Rdw

love this interpretation of Harry Potter. :D

lilypop lilypop

That has got to be the worst argument ever...

SparklyBitch

I don't like either series but I'm definitely on the Harry Potter side.

KirstenAnn KirstenAnn

Because it's not like the entire theme of Harry Potter was accepting people who are different from you or anything.

monstrosity monstrosity

Okay, one: Jacob is Native American. Indians are from India, which Jacob is not. Two: The Paril twins werent white, Cho Chang was asian, Dean Thomas and the prime minister were black. J.K Rowling isnt racist, she had way more ethnicities represented in Harry Potter, than what was represented in twilight. Now, I love both book series, but this argument is ridiculous.

BellaDolore BellaDolore

Obvious troll is obvious.

MaitiuSexton MaitiuSexton

In response to “Obvious troll is obvious.

And yet completely successful.

ActionMan

Guessing OP never even read Harry Potter, which is a fail in itself.

Puddypie

Huh... I had no idea Jacob was from India...

twisted_memories twisted_memories

Hey, you're forgetting I'm ginger.

RonaldWeasley RonaldWeasley

Just to start off "Indian" is not politically correct unless you're referring to someone from India. Second of all your opinion about Harry Potter couldn't be close to correct. Hello Cho Chang, Parvati and Padma are Asian (this is where Indian is used appropriately). Dean and Blaize are black. In what world does that not show racial diversity?

Anonymous

This post, it kind of pisses me off, I'm not going to lie

Twilightsucks

... Okay. I have to.

1) There is a lot of diversity in the Harry Potter books and movies. Cho Chang, Lee Jordan, Angelina Johnson, the Patil twins, Kingsley Shacklebolt, to just name a few. Not to mention the references to all the "International cooperation" which goes much deeper than just making white people feel good about being diverse. And in the movies there was a variety of different races featured in the extras. While looking at twilight (excluding Jacob and his family and friends) the entirety of the cast was white and didn't leave the U.S.

2) In the wizarding world it pretty much goes without saying that racism isn't really a problem. But J.K. Rowling used a clever analogy to tackle racism with the way house elves, goblins, muggle borns, and other races were treated. I also thought the parallel with the "blood traitors" was something like people who support homosexuality getting accused of being gay. J.K. Rowling deals with a lot of stuff.

3) Twilight seems really racist when it comes to the native Americans. They were portrayed as close-minded and superstitious, not to mention just an all around pain in the ****. So don't hold out Jacob as some great example.

LilLuvYall LilLuvYall

In response to “Okay. I have to. 1) There is a lot of...

So in closing (after using up my 1200 characters)... Go suck eggs, you mental midget.

LilLuvYall LilLuvYall

Wait why is this post even in this group? If you don't want your post to withstand criticism don't give it to the critics. Especially those with awesome power such as us potterheads

awesometasticnessism awesometasticnessism

Are... are you retarded?
I would argue with this point because there are SO many things wrong with this argument, but I'm just not going to get started and waste my time. Trying to have an intelligent argument with a Twilight fan is kind of like trying to have an intelligent argument with a potato. Except you'll have a better conversation with the potato.
Oh, and if you're trolling, well done.

kipkayify kipkayify

Actually Jacob is Native American.

And tbh I don't care if a book is full off all white or all black or all Asian people, as long as there is no actual racism in the book, it's just a book and the author shouldn't feel obliged to include every single minority under the sun just so they can never ever be called racist.

turnip turnip

Indians are from Asia retard.

maumau maumau

Hello.
My name is lucy i saw your profile today and i love it also became intrested in you,i will also like to know you more,and i want you to send an email to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom i am. (lucykeita@yahoo.com) i believe we can move from here.my love distance or colour does not mter but love mters alot in life.i waiting to recive your lovely reply soon, Yours Love.
Miss lucy

lucycalibuma2 lucycalibuma2