Add Amirite to your Browser

• Featured on the home page on Feb 8th 2012
  • Post Of The Day on Feb 8th 2012

ColemanMcflydougieOhEmGee_MuffinSheCallsMeButtaCuplikewoahjanetoMonopolygamykimmyyGolfWangfoolwithdreams_cookiepandaLazynezturquoiseblue18insachelReyBear7117AtheisticMysticTrillianDollfaceTheRagingDilemmasmiles97_pi_FlyingGuineaPigmythoflightAstronaut_Will_IheartRHPSPitchergirlemmieRozzsansaSaineReyonpatriciaaaabryanKristenOhKayTea_Ashlie_loveallAfrican_RoosterDrewtrunnerdudeCaitlinLighten_UpFavvkesLibbyPaigeACedzNiallmcgihearandomusicpeace_love_happinessimdudeheadMaryKateBurnettfifthfogelSpearmintMilkhpismylife

DramaGrl151thatgirlsDrRocksodaniel123typoole15SobriquetpantherfanaticMomokaLoveIsTheMovementreereenotmuchnotmuchSundenWinniethePoohjraaeyBigTRexJ_A_C_Kbeaner53fieldhockeygirlwillsoswagSexyJennitaliaPugChosenToLeadsb123rubienicoleDeeCandelariasilvershadow6REBEKKAHFaithfulKristaaTheMollifiedMissshadowmario580Inu_chanIts_complicatedFIENDohmannnjsmithmsfootball20tupps312fuzala

LazynezHahaFAILEata_Braintaylor_gturk3ypooxXyumcupcakesXxDinosaursNotACommunistsallynatorDerpinaMcDerpingtonnicwallerFlamesToDustpokerface111SledgeOhMyTicTacepic_fail11Shortie101lovealliSwingBothWayscvsullySabsThePandaSanctuaryExileiHeartYouEmperorerrortdubbMr_SuperfluousVelocistar273screaming_midgetsaratabaDelightful_DolphintroglobiteSpelingChampienMontezumaTargetLadycherryblastersydnaynayOhEmGee_MuffinMyraGamowredsoxgirlie95chiddybaangmattreynoldsilikefurrywolves4815FreedomofSpeechiamneverwrongSamwoods97ThePuppetWithWingsLkunWatermelonthethinkerGryndStone
"Regular" marriage & "Gay" marriage are like bikini tops & bras. Exactly the same thing, yet only one is allowed in public. amirite?

I never understood that. Not gay marriage, but the bikini/bra thing. Picture of thirteen year-old in her bra? YOU ARE GOING TO PRISON FOR POSSESSION OF CHILD PORNOGRAPHY. Picture of thirteen year-old in a bathing suit? sPrInG bReAk 12'!!!

ctiscooler ctiscooler

I don't think exactly is the right word to use. It's like saying literally when you mean figuratively.

AntiJokeChicken AntiJokeChicken

This happened to be the POTD the day after Proposition 8 was declared unconstitutional.

Harper Harper

In response to “This happened to be the POTD the day after...

That was probably intentional.

Anonymous

I read **** at first... (no)

Anonymous

In response to “I read **** at first... (no)

Good effort.

PeanutButterBrownies PeanutButterBrownies

In response to “Good effort.

Thanks, I try. (y)

Anonymous

Yeah I'm constantly hosting private gay marriages in my house.

Niallmcg Niallmcg

In response to “Yeah I'm constantly hosting private gay...

SHAME ON YOU! You should host PUBLIC gay marriages!

Shadi Shadi

CALIFOOORRRRNNNIAAAAAAAA

Lighten_Up

In response to “CALIFOOORRRRNNNIAAAAAAAA

And of course, Canada.

L_Stylz L_Stylz

In response to “And of course, Canada.

Psh, who wants publicly funded healthcare???

Lighten_Up

In response to “Psh, who wants publicly funded healthcare???

People who play a lot of hockey.

L_Stylz L_Stylz

Super cool to the homeless. Californiaaaaaa!

DavidSedano DavidSedano

And wearing a bikini top in public doesn't contradict the thousands of years that the institution of marriage was intended for a man and a woman

Gay marriage is more like some big, fat, hairy dude wearing a bikini top in public, something none of us want to see

J_A_C_K J_A_C_K

In response to “And wearing a bikini top in public doesn't...

but it does contradict the laws of fashion, which are ten times more important

Favvkes Favvkes

In response to “but it does contradict the laws of fashion...

i pray it's sarcasm

J_A_C_K J_A_C_K

In response to “i pray it's sarcasm

eww praying

Emperorerror Emperorerror

In response to “eww praying

*hope, does that suit your needs better?

J_A_C_K J_A_C_K

In response to “*hope, does that suit your needs better?

Well pray was fine too. I was really just trying to get in some comment loves trolol.

Emperorerror Emperorerror

You've obviously never seen me in a bikini top (yum)

Drewt Drewt

In response to “thank god

I can show you later if you remind me (wink)

Drewt Drewt

Maybe, but I dont think people really care about a guy wearing a bikini top. Plus, all men love a girl who's not wearing a bikini top ;)

In response to “Maybe, but I dont think people really care...

Guys wearing a bikini top is unnatural. But as for the second sentence, touche...

J_A_C_K J_A_C_K

In response to “Guys wearing a bikini top is unnatural. But...

I'm pretty sure anyone wearing a bikini top is unnatural, seeing as clothing is unnatural. But we don't make things illegal simply for being "unnatural".

Anonymous

In response to “I'm pretty sure anyone wearing a bikini top...

i know that from a legal standpoint, a ban on gay marriage is far too idealized as it seems it is way easier to argue for gay marriage because all you have to say is...but it discriminates against them...and thats that
it's just as an individual, i personally oppose same sex marriage

J_A_C_K J_A_C_K

Nothing's unnatural, the universe is natural. We are natural the buildings we make are natural.
God is the thing that's LITERALY unnatural.
If you make me say natural again I'm going to order a phone book and hit you with it you silly boy.

Anonymous

In response to “Nothing's unnatural, the universe is natural...

Unnatural is something man made and god is supernatural. Just to clear that up.

J_A_C_K J_A_C_K

In response to “Unnatural is something man made and god is...

The universe is natural.
We are part of this universe.
We are natural, the things are make are natural.

Just because we can think unlike mindless being doesn't make it "unnatural" use a proper word for that crap, generally it doesn't matter but when you're a person who believes in something as odd as a god you can't pull that "unnatural" shit.

Anonymous

Also how can you say homosexuality is unnatural since it also occurs in other animals?

Emperorerror Emperorerror

In response to “Also how can you say homosexuality is...

animals are given the capability of higher order thinking
animals aren't relevant

J_A_C_K J_A_C_K

In response to “animals are given the capability of higher...

Are you implying that animals are more intelligent than humans? >_> Or did you mistype?

Emperorerror Emperorerror

In response to “*aren't

That's my point. As they don't make a decision to be homosexual, or something like that, because they only do what's natural for them.

Emperorerror Emperorerror

In response to “That's my point. As they don't make a...

animals can be stupid, they probably just mistake someone of the same sex as one of the opposite gender

J_A_C_K J_A_C_K

In response to “animals can be stupid, they probably just...

I'm sorry, but for this I just can't agree with you. A zebra would not walk up to another zebra, say to itself "Man I gotta tap that hot chick", and proceed to penetrate the ** of another male zebra, without noticing it is not only an but there is also a ** nearby.

As well as the fact that, despite our inability to differentiate between animals of the same species, it is quite easy for animals to do so due to released hormones and the like.

Emperorerror Emperorerror

In response to “I'm sorry, but for this I just can't agree...

Humans are the only animals besides dolphins that have sex for fun.

Anonymous

In response to “Humans are the only animals besides dolphins...

What is your point by that?

Emperorerror Emperorerror

Humans are animals though. You can't say that they are any different except that our ingenuity allowed us to come up with more advanced technology. Biologically, we are very similar to other animals.

Anonymous

So are computers, clothes, your house, and being peaceful. Humans are naturally hostile creatures, by the way. If you REALLY wanted to be natural, be naked, really hairy, and murderous and you'll be practicing what you preach.

Also, the green part of the potato is lethal. And that's natural. But I guess because it's natural, it's good. So go eat that and have fun dying.

AdonisBatheus AdonisBatheus

In response to “So are computers, clothes, your house, and...

Humans aren't naturally hostile. God created men peaceful and pure, but through original sin, humans brought death and other injustices upon themselves.
And I'm sure you would have like that hairy part...

J_A_C_K J_A_C_K

In response to “Humans aren't naturally hostile. God created...

You answered about 1/6 of my whole argument. Shows how much you care for your beliefs. I'm sure God loves that. Or maybe you're just a troll, who knows?

God is a complete fuckwad. Look at him in the OT. I don't care if it doesn't apply to today, that shit happened. He just went on a murder spree. Unless you're one of those "metaphorical" jackasses in which case you have no right to claim what your god does because it's MeTaPhOrIcAl. God might as well be a donkey holding a tea pot with a giraffe's tongue speaking the C language since it's MeTaPhOrIcAl.

Eve? Oh, Eve didn't exist. That's a MeTaPhOr for how vaginae can take a pounding.

Jesus? Oh, Jesus didn't exist. That's a MeTaPhOr for how you should crucify Jews.

Those "metaphorical" Christian are so goddamn inconsistent and happy-go-lucky that it pisses me off more than a literal Christian. At least their beliefs are solid, and at least you can look them up and say, "Oh, it says it right there! Go figure!" But not with the "metaphorical" Christians, who believe in different things per person, just ** up the actual meaning of the Bible in the first place. Bunch of inconsistent **, if you ask me.

AdonisBatheus AdonisBatheus

In response to “You answered about 1/6 of my whole argument...

Eve didn't exist. She was a character in a primeval history story(first five stories in bible)
It's not a metaphor for how a **** can take a pounding...the whole point of that story was to show god created earth and how humans srcrewed up the world...

Jesus did exist. He isn't a metaphor. He was fully human. There are historical records apart from what's in the bible that accounts for the life of Jesus. You're a complete ignorant dipshit if you don't believe he was real. Not necessaril divine, but he was obviously real.

not the whole bible isn't meant to be taken literally. it contains all sorts of metaphors, mostly serving as foreshadowing and typology

You only had one argument: How natural things are bad...

J_A_C_K J_A_C_K

In response to “Eve didn't exist. She was a character in a...

There's no proof for Eve or Jesus, and if Eve doesn't exist then there's no way to prove Jesus did since the Bible isn't wholly trustworthy in your case. And what I said was an example. Of course it isn't about the goddamn **, you stupid **.

Eh, prove it. But you can't, or you'll bring up some ****, 100% CHRISTSHUN~`~!!!11! website with "proof" (AKA not proof at all) that Jesus "existed". Oh and I'm the dipshit...look son, that was a poor insult in the first place. You didn't even insult me personally, that was just some superficial shit that they make the bullies on children's TV shows say. "Ew, you stupid FREAK." "God you're such a weird GEEK." "You're so STUPID." Christ, learn to insult. And no he wasn't obviously real. There ain't no proof, son, as I've prematurely disproved.

Look, it's either take it all literally or take it all metaphorically. Otherwise it doesn't make sense because then you can just choose what to take metaphorically or literally and Christianity will have MORE sub-religions than it already does.

And that wasn't my argument you stupid **** Jesus freak. My argument was that not everything that's natural is good, because that was YOUR argument.

AdonisBatheus AdonisBatheus

In response to “There's no proof for Eve or Jesus, and if Eve...

The bibile was written by hundreds of different people, between a period of idk,,,a long time thousands of years...just because one sotry isn't true doesn't mean they are all untrue. the bible is just a compilation of these different works.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hi...ny_the_Younger

that actually made me laugh, lol, i should strengthen that department
but i hate when you call me son, it makes me feel like you think your better than me or have dominance over me... it's rather annoying...not that you care or anything,,,thought i'd just say that

that's retarded...you're blatantly wrong, i dont really know what to say to that because it so...just wrong...Jesus spoke in parables all the time...should we take those literally? if we take that literally, should we take the story about the tower of babylon literally? it's full of metaphors, and really, it's not that hard to distinguish them...and you have no room to say anything about how one should take the bible, granted you haven't studied the bible for years or anything, you would have no idea

that was your argument
how natural things are bad is the same thing as not all natural things are good

J_A_C_K J_A_C_K

Why is the "institution of marriage" more important than the Constitution of the United States of America?

Anonymous

In response to “Why is the "//institution// of...

do you agree with everything the government tells you is true?
sounds a bit like 1984 to me...

J_A_C_K J_A_C_K

In response to “do you agree with everything the government...

Of course I don't, where are you getting that from? Just because I believe in the constitution, which says all men (gay or straight) are created equal, doesn't mean I blindly believe everything the government says!

Anonymous

For religious people, the institution of marriage is more important than the Constitution, because religion comes first in their lives.

MartellusBoss MartellusBoss

In response to “For religious people, the institution of...

Good for them, but separation of Church and State means that that doesn't really affect the gay marriage argument.

Anonymous

In response to “Good for them, but separation of Church and...

You're preaching to the choir, but yeah, I just wanted to get that fact straightened out. (y)

MartellusBoss MartellusBoss

Anonymous

i dont really feel like arguing a lot on this topic and clogging up my notifications from replies, so instead, ill tell you why i oppose it and you can take it however you want to...
First
1 Corinthians 6:9 Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
2. I believe marriage is between a man and a woman, as instructed in the Bible.
3. Marriage is sacred, so it seems as though gay marriage, and the Kardashians, are making a mockery of it.
4. The main idea of marriage is to bond a man and woman spiritually as well as physically, usually resulting in the production of a child. I am not saying couples without children are wastes, as not all people have vocations to have children. Obviously same sex couples are incapable of continuing the creation of life.
5. It seems as though homosexuality is more like a luxury, brought by a culture that views sex too casually
i realize it's probably easier to argue for same sex, more likely for it legal

J_A_C_K J_A_C_K

In response to “i dont really feel like arguing a lot on this...

My responses for why gay marriage should be legal:
1. Ever heard of Separation of Church and State?
2. Ever heard of Separation of Church and State?
3. Gay marriage is just as sacred as a straight marriage. They're still just as committed as straight people are, a gay marriage isn't just a crazy goofy lustful relationship. It's just a regular marriage.
4. Maybe that's the natural way of controlling overpopulation? And what about people who are sterile? Are you saying they shouldn't be allowed to marry?
5. Homosexuality isn't any more casual about sex than heterosexuality! Why can't you understand that the attraction is exactly the same between heterosexual and homosexual couples?

Bottom line: If it doesn't hurt anyone, who are you to say it's not right?

Anonymous

In response to “My responses for why gay marriage should be...

( i was running out of room)
thats why i said gay marriage would proably be legal in the states anyway
3. thanks for the info...but sacred: of religion; dedicated to deity...gay marriage isnt sacred
4. did you ignore what i said about people not having kids?
5 probably cuz im not gay?

J_A_C_K J_A_C_K

In response to “( i was running out of room) thats why i said...

3. Who says gays can't be religiously dedicated?
4. I didn't, but I think you did because you used that as an argument for why gays shouldn't get married.
5. I don't know, sounds like you're overcompensating to me...

Anonymous

In response to “3. Who says gays can't be religiously...

gays can be religiously dedicated, but their marriages obviously aren't
i doubt many priests would celebrate matrimony with a couple of the same sex
4. where? by sex i meant more sexual attraction, not necessarily the act of having kids kind of sex
5. overcompensate-to try too hard to make up for a disadvantage or shortcoming and fall into a fault of another kind
so are YOU saying that being gay is a bad thing?

J_A_C_K J_A_C_K

In response to “gays can be religiously dedicated, but their...

Actually, if your priest is open-minded, he'll believe in tolerance/acceptance/equal rights. Otherwise, he's a doofus and you should consider a different priest.
4. Here: "The main idea of marriage is to bond a man and woman spiritually as well as physically, usually resulting in the production of a child" and "Obviously same sex couples are incapable of continuing the creation of life"

5. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joke

Anonymous

In response to “Actually, if your priest is open-minded...

That was completely idiotic
A priest is FULLY DEvOTED TO GOD
why in the name of hell would you think he would go against the teachings of God after devoting his entire life to his religion?
4. Yeah, but you failed to copy and paste the sentence about two individuals of different genders not capable of having children isn't a waste...that would answer your sterile question
5. LOL- was that the appropriate response?

J_A_C_K J_A_C_K

In response to “That was completely idiotic A priest is FULLY...

I thought the teaching of Jesus was to treat everyone equally? It also says in the Bible that parents can kill their unruly teenagers and that you can't eat shellfish. Why do you ignore these passages, but not the ones about homosexuality?
4. Then why the hell does that concept apply to sterile couples but not homosexual couples?
5. (y)

Anonymous

In response to “I thought the teaching of Jesus was to treat...

i have a comment somehwere in this post about the shellfish look for it
4. Homosexual couples-their fault they cant have kids because they are of the same **** gender!
Sterile couples: Not their fault, you cant control if you are sterile or not

J_A_C_K J_A_C_K

In response to “i have a comment somehwere in this post about...

You can't control if you're homosexual or not either! Why do some people insist that homosexuality is a choice when it's quite clear that it isn't a choice?
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn6519
http://answers.yahoo.com/questi...5070356AAqBDWh

Anonymous

In response to “You can't control if you're homosexual or not...

just leave it all to science cuz science is NEVER wrong

J_A_C_K J_A_C_K

In response to “just leave it all to science cuz science is...

Oh yeah and neither is religion, right?

BurntToastCastle BurntToastCastle

In response to “Oh yeah and neither is religion, right?

That's what I was going to say!

Great minds think alike :D

Anonymous

There was a lot of research put into those findings. I can find many websites which say that homosexuality is something your born with. You can't just override that by saying "science is wrong" with no proof whatsoever. What are you basing that off of? At least scientists research what they say; religion is just coming from an old book that might not even by the word of God!

Anonymous

In response to “There was a lot of research put into those...

That science research isn't any more credible than the Bible. Those findings aren't hard, solid proof. Likewise, there is no hard, solid proof that there is a God. You can look at nature and think to yourself, "Well science says that millions of years ago, a whole bunch of nothingness randomly exploded and created that tree," or you can think, "I really can't explain what created that tree. There must have been some intelligent, supernatural being behind it."

J_A_C_K J_A_C_K

In response to “That science research isn't any more credible...

You can believe what you want in terms of science vs. religion. But if they're both equally credible, why do you choose the one that preaches intolerance to gay people?

Anonymous

In response to “You can believe what you want in terms of...

i choose one that gives me something to strive towards
eternal life and happiness in paradise

J_A_C_K J_A_C_K

In response to “i choose one that gives me something to...

That's so selfish! You're basically saying, "I want to deny gays their rights because my happiness is more important than theirs."

Anonymous

In response to “That's so selfish! You're basically saying...

(#1634418)
Being married isn't a right.
And not only is it my happiness, but also the gazillions of other catholics who have roamed the earth

"First off, MY PARENTS AREN'T EVEN CHRISTIAN! I chose to join a catholic church and underwent a long, process to be catholic. I know what it's like to around non christians and they always ask me why i had to go through that long process and I couldn't just go in the church and drink the blood and have eucharist. They said the church was supposed to be equal to all and give everyone the same opportunity. i told them because it wasnt my right to be able to do all these things. It was a privilege. In order to receieve such a huge sacrament you have to be spiritually and mentally prepared.

Similarly, gays aren't being discriminated against just because they cant marry. In fact, it isn't anyone's right to be able to get married just by simply existing on the earth. It's a privilege that requires a deep understanding of the religious sacrament and the history behind it."

J_A_C_K J_A_C_K

Over time marriage has evolved, it isn't just about religion anymore. It is about two people loving each other, are you saying two men cannot love each other?

Mollieee Mollieee

In response to “Over time marriage has evolved, it isn't just...

Obviously it's not about religion any more. Otherwise, gays wouldnt be able to get married. What I'm trying to say is that society needs to restorre the spiritual side of marriage.

J_A_C_K J_A_C_K

In response to “Obviously it's not about religion any more...

Why does it need to? Marriage is still seen as an imporant celebration, there are only a certain few who are 'ruining' marriage, but for most people it is something they onky hope to do once, with the person that they love. Whether it be two men, two women or a man and woman.
And those who are religious, do have the 'spiritual side' as an mporant oart of their wedding.
I see no reason to restore it.

Mollieee Mollieee

Go ahead and correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that we are all God's children, and he loves us ALL equally. No matter what. And didn't Jesus die to repay our sins do that even if we do sin (I'm making an assumption here that you consider gay marriage a sin) we can still live eternal life in heaven.

sprite590 sprite590

In response to “Go ahead and correct me if I'm wrong, but I...

he does love everyone equally, but (im not gonna state this exactly right) if you completely turn your back on God and don't desire him to forgive your sins, that's when you're screwed
Jesus will forgive us only if we seek forgiveness
God didnt invent a lot of things that happen in our world such as death and sin, and i believe homosexuality was another thing that was manmade
Just because you're gay doesn't mean you cant have eternal life in Heaven, though
There are groups you can join in the catholic church for homosexuals, special programs that seek for God to overlook their sexuality

J_A_C_K J_A_C_K

You like Amir's faces. Gay as ****.

You're like the biggest indoctrination machine I've ever seen. What a tool. You don't even question anything you're told properly. "Gays are bad." "Why?" "God." "Oh that makes sense."

How about go a bit more deeper, superficial ****?

AdonisBatheus AdonisBatheus

In response to “You like Amir's faces. Gay as ****. You're...

I never said gays were necessarily bad people, just when it comes to becoming married, i disapporove

J_A_C_K J_A_C_K

In response to “I never said gays were necessarily bad...

You know, I could actually understand if you DID say that we were bad people. I hate most gays. I'd just consider it teenage ignorance, because **, most gays are annoying. ** them.

But no, apparently they're not bad. So you have no argument. You're just blatantly against equality and no there is no way around that. Bible or not, you are saying that a certain group of people don't deserve equality. That is precisely what you're saying.

And it would make MORE sense if you disapproved of gay marriage but supported equal rights, because **, gays suck. Okay. Good for you. But you support equality? Well, I guess you'll just avoid gays but you don't mind what the ** they do, regardless of your beliefs. All right, that's cool. I'd actually respect you for that.

But you don't, J_A_C_K(**). You're just another stupid teenager trying to please his stupid ** friends and parents by agreeing with whatever they say, no questions asked (really, how can you not question being anti-equality in a country that claims to be the entity of equality and freedom?). And I don't need to know you to know that. Deny it all you want, but in the end, you're just a want-to-please cuntwad.

AdonisBatheus AdonisBatheus

In response to “You know, I could actually understand if you...

From now on I will used the word cuntwad :D

DavidSedano DavidSedano

First off, MY PARENTS AREN'T EVEN CHRISTIAN! I chose to join a catholic church and underwent a long, process to be catholic. I know what it's like to around non christians and they always ask me why i had to go through that long process and I couldn't just go in the church and drink the blood and have eucharist. They said the church was supposed to be equal to all and give everyone the same opportunity. i told them because it wasnt my right to be able to do all these things. It was a privilege. In order to receieve such a huge sacrament you have to be spiritually and mentally prepared.

Similarly, gays aren't being discriminated against just because they cant marry. In fact, it isn't anyone's right to be able to get married just by simply existing on the earth. It's a privilege that requires a deep understanding of the religious sacrament and the history behind it.

J_A_C_K J_A_C_K

Ohh, so it's cool for gays to date, and have deep, meaningful, long-time relationships, but they can't get married. Thanks for clearing that up, that totally makes sense now.

sprite590 sprite590

You have every right to be against something that in no way, shape, or form affects you, but you have no right to fight against it.
America does not get its laws from the Bible. As for marriage being sacred, if it were really sacred, the government would have no say in it because of Thomas Jefferson's great idea of separation of church and state. Bonding people spiritually is also a religious issue. Though same sex couples cannot create more life, they can take in life that has already been created. Marriage would help foster a more stable home for the adopted children. Homosexuality has always been around. When more people were prudes about sex, more people hid their homosexuality, but now there is little need to hide it, making it seem like there are more gay people than there used to be. And it being a luxury? Ha! You trying being gay in Alabama and see how much of a luxury you think it is.

pikabeau pikabeau

Using a Bible verse to win an argument makes you lose that argument.

BoatsandHoes BoatsandHoes

In response to “Using a Bible verse to win an argument makes...

no, i wasnt really arguing...i was just stating my beliefs,,,ever heard of a democracy?
that's just what i base my beliefs of this topic on...

J_A_C_K J_A_C_K

In response to “no, i wasnt really arguing...i was just...

Just FYI we don't live in a democracy*

*When I say we, I mean Americans, so inb4 Nacklefoodle gets butthurt

SemiColin SemiColin

I would just like to say that while, yes, marriage often was religious-affiliated and meant for men and women, it doesn't have the same meaning it used to. Nowadays, you get benefits (certain ones regarding social security, health insurance, and tax and immigration laws) that you can't get without marriage. A civil union will allow for some benefits, but not nearly enough. Also, marriage allows for protection of a relationship from outside interference. This ensures that if your husband or wife is in the hospital for any reason, you can visit them. Without being married, you need to be family or have permission from the family. So if you're gay and your partner is in the hospital dying, you will not be allowed to visit them (and this does happen often enough).

To get away from the religious aspect, gay marriage isn't really a new thing. It HAS been practiced throughout history. Professor William N. Eskridge's research of Native Americans shows that certain tribes exhibited men marrying other men and vice versa. He also notes that homosexual relationships were common between men in ancient Greece, and Nero, the Roman Emperor, had a formal wedding with Sporus, his male companion

acisseJ acisseJ

In response to “I would just like to say that while, yes...

Sources: All of the information posted came from scholarly sources.

I wrote an entire research paper about legalizing gay marriage. We spent probably over a month on them, going over them in class excessively and the teacher destroying our papers with red ink for ANY mistake she could find. And she wouldn't allow us to use websites, only scholarly sources. So I'm not just pulling these things out of my **** haha

acisseJ acisseJ

i know this may be kinda beside the point of what you were trying to say, but you know that you cant really say the greeks supporting gay marriage makes gay marriage any better, as they are the same civilization who kills people for suggesting there is only one god...
just thought i'd throw that out there

J_A_C_K J_A_C_K

In response to “i know this may be kinda beside the point of...

Yeah? Every civilization has its faults. The U.S. isn't so innocent itself, along with other mostly christian or catholic countries. In history, you are going to find death and murder all over the place without much reason besides close-minded beliefs. So your point is irrelevant.

acisseJ acisseJ

In response to “Yeah? Every civilization has its faults. The...

i know, i just thought it was amusing...
and just like all things have their faults, catholics have their own...
people only tend to look at the negatives of christianity rather than the good things it's brought upon the world

J_A_C_K J_A_C_K

In response to “i know, i just thought it was amusing... and...

I have no problem with christianity or any religion for that matter. Religion helps people all over in many ways, but it also causes many unnecessary deaths. It really just comes down to how a person interprets it. Sometimes it'll make someone a better person, and other times not so much. But I'm just saying this so you know I don't have some sort of bad view on religion or christianity specifically, so I'm not biased.

If you don't agree with gay marriage, that's perfectly alright because that is your belief. I just don't think someone's beliefs should impose of the rights of others. If gay marriage doesn't affect you, and you're not the one having it, there should be no problem letting someone else go through with it.

acisseJ acisseJ

Regarding your first point:

Leviticus 19:19: "You are to keep My statutes. You shall not breed together two kinds of your cattle; you shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor wear a garment upon you of two kinds of material mixed together."

Leviticus 11:10: "But whatever is in the seas and in the rivers that does not have fins and scales among all the teeming life of the water, and among all the living creatures that are in the water, they are detestable things to you. (In addition to shellfish, Leveticus 11 also bans eating camel, rock badger, rabbit, eagle, vulture, buzzard, falcon, raven, crow, ostrich, owl, seagull, hawk, pelican, stork, heron, bat, winged insects that walk on four legs unless they have joints to jump with like grasshoppers (?), bear, mole, mouse, lizard, gecko, crocodile, chameleon and snail.)

...And countless others. Regardless of your religious beliefs, you'd have to be a fool to take the Old Testament literally.

Anonymous

In response to “Regarding your first point: Leviticus 19:19:...

HOLY SHIT! REMIND ME TO ANSWER THATWHEN I HAVE MORE TIME! I"VE WRITTEN A PAPER ABOUT WHY THOSE MAKE DUMB ARGUMENTS!!!
Basically, because God was trying to show the world that there was something special about Jews, he was trying to keep them from asimilating with immoral cultures, and he was trying to make his people "better than ordinary" as it was the customary thing to do at that time to wear two different cloths, eat camel, etc.

J_A_C_K J_A_C_K

In response to “HOLY SHIT! REMIND ME TO ANSWER THATWHEN I...

Alright, enlighten me.

Anonymous

In response to “Alright, enlighten me.

I'll write it to you tomorrow, probably i'll private message you,,,be prepared lol
im short on time right now haha

J_A_C_K J_A_C_K

Anonymous

1. So should pre-marital sex, idols, alcohol, etc. all be banned by law? Also, define "offenders". Couldn't the term "homosexual offenders" mean that a homosexual man is to be treated as a heterosexual man if he is found guilty of a crime? That is, "homosexual offenders" refers to "offenders who are homosexual", rather "guilty of homosexuality".

2. Leviticus 19:19 states that we shouldn't wear clothes from more than one fabric. Should that be illegal, "as instructed in the Bible"?
Leviticus 19:27 states that you shouldn't cut your hair or shave. Should that be illegal, "as instructed in the Bible"?
Leviticus 20:10 states that if a man cheats on his wife, or vice versa, the man and the woman must both be killed. Should that be upheld, "as instructed in the Bible"?

If you are going to use the Bible to support your arguments, use it consistently. Don't be hypocritical. If you use the argument "the Bible states...", use it for every word in the Bible, not the ones that suit your argument.

3. Firstly, what a huge generalisation.
Secondly, "It seems as though...". There's a solid argument. Where's your evidence? Example? And why are the Kardashians allowed to marry, then?

carelessconfusion carelessconfusion

4. The "main idea" of marriage is to celebrate love. Also, marriage has no bearing on the ability to reproduce. If they aren't going to reproduce when they aren't married, how is that going to be even remotely different than if they are, except for the face that they can officially celebrate their love, and will probably be happier?

5. A "luxury!"? Homosexuals are discriminated against based on something that is quite trivial, and has no bearing on anyone else but themselves, and their romantic interests. It's not something they have control over.
How could you consider such discrimination, judgement and abuse over something they cannot control a "luxury"? Last time I checked, a luxury hotel, for example, was not a hotel that caused a person to suffer abuse and discrimination. And casual sex occurs at an alarmingly high rate amongst the straight community. Does that mean all marriage should be banned, as our culture now "views sex too casually"?

And it's easier to to argue for same sex because there are so many reasons why it should be allowed, and so few legitimate arguments.
The only legitimate arguments also affect the straight community as well, rendering them void.

carelessconfusion carelessconfusion

In response to “4. The "main idea" of marriage is to...

Luxury as in it's not vital for survival (rhyme)haha
If we were some new, up and coming species, homosexuals would probably have kids with women and not hook up with guys all night(not making it seem like gays are sex crazy--not what i meant)
No, the media, television magazines all portray these teenagers getting pregant and everything as if it's okay just to go around having sex with everyone. Sex should be a sacred act, committed by a man and a woman who are married, ready for the responsibility of having children. It doesnt mean marriage should be banned, it means it should be held to a higher regard and telivision shows shouldnt just constatnly make sex seem like a casual occurrence, therefore influencing the you into thinking that it's cool to go and have a kid when your 16 or whatever..

J_A_C_K J_A_C_K

In response to “Luxury as in it's not vital for survival...

You just changed your argument.
You went from homosexuality comes from society viewing sex too casually, to the media encouraging casual sex, causing young teenagers to become pregnant.
Contradiction, much?
I agree with your point about the media downplaying the significance of sex. I do believe it's a big deal, and should only be done in a loving and committed relationship (married or not, I don't believe is relevant). But again, the average age for becoming sexually active decreasing plays no role in your argument against homosexuality. Thus, your point is irrelevant.

Marriage is not "vital for survival". In your scenario of an "up and coming species", those men who have children for survival probably would not want to get married to these women they feel no sexual connection with. If they were to have children, they would probably still "hook up with guys all night". Or, more likely, participate in a loving and committed relationship with another man.

You also ignored several of my points.

If you disagree with it, good for you. But I don't believe you, or anyone else, including the church, has the right to decide what's "right" and "wrong", in such circumstances

carelessconfusion carelessconfusion

In response to “You just changed your argument. You went from...

i dont see a contradiction...
my bad, didnt see your first comment
1. what the ****?
2. shaving- required for some sect of Jews
like the story of samson having strength by not cutting hair
i have some other comment explaining clothes
3. there aren't any "solid arguments" for gay marriage" al based on opinion, no facts involved
4. up and coming species-neanderthals that haven't established marriage, gays would still probably have kids with girls, as it is what everyone else does, being guy as a neanderthal isn't really a developed thought process for them, not continually hit with pro-gay ads or whatevs from media (is no media) only direct invlvment is with there little tribe thing, probably wouldnt occur to them to have sex with guys, just follow what everyone else does

J_A_C_K J_A_C_K

Oh, a bible thumping homophobic bigot... I'll try and use logic here, but I doubt it'll work.

What's going to happen when gays get married? Will the world end?
Will Half Life 3 get cancelled? Will the terrorists win?

No, gays will get married, that's it.

Chuckonice Chuckonice

In response to “Oh, a bible thumping homophobic bigot... I'll...

Sorry, I just hold marriage as a religious sacrament, a privilege given by god, not a right to be abused by making a mockery of it.

I care about the tradition of matrimony as it has been practiced for thousands of years. You don't. Plain and simple.

J_A_C_K J_A_C_K

In response to “Sorry, I just hold marriage as a religious...

Equality > tradition

Discord Discord

If marriage is of such religious importance to you then join a church that doesn't marry same sex couples. However, legal marriage should in no way be influenced by anyone's religious beliefs.

Mary Mary

Jack, as a fellow Christian, I'll say that I've been taught the same way as you in school, but the same year I (had to) take a Christian Morality course, I also took AP U.S. Government... The fact is, there's a separation of Church and state... America is not a theocracy. Whether or not I agree with the issue itself (I'm 100% neutral), I think that, while a church may have its own laws for those who CHOOSE to follow said laws for their own well being, no ONE particular church should have a say in what the government laws are.

Society's changing at a rapid pace, and traditions, while important, are also changing rapidly as well, and shouldn't be forced upon people who are going with the times.

ONCE AGAIN, I'm saying this completely neutral of the issue itself. I'm just trying to explain a different point of view.

Nerris Nerris

if marriage is such a "sacred institution" than why don't they outlaw divorce?

KateJoseph28

In response to “if marriage is such a "sacred...

Why are you replying to me? I agree with you (wary)

Anonymous

In response to “Why are you replying to me? I agree with you...

just supporting what you said!

KateJoseph28

In response to “just supporting what you said!

Super duper!

Anonymous

go right ahead and outlaw divorce, im all for it...
just like i said, getting divorced, like the Kardashians, is making a mockery of marriage...

J_A_C_K J_A_C_K

In response to “go right ahead and outlaw divorce, im all for...

i think they are idiots for getting married to fast, i hope thats a lesson to everyone to think about things before you do something so huge.

KateJoseph28

In response to “i think they are idiots for getting married...

She wanted the wedding, not the man.

Ebony_Way Ebony_Way

The Constitution makes no mention of the 'official' definition of marriage. That's because none exists in the Constitution. So Ron Paul makes a good point. Why not let both gay and straight people get "married", as long as no group tries to subjugate the other with their personal definitions.

Mr_Superfluous

Appeals to traditions... Fallacies, all of them. If that's the case, why don't we uphold the standards of a couple hundred years ago, when slavery was perfectly legal? Or when women couldn't vote or have many of the basic rights that men have always had? Society changes over time, and so must our rules and standards.

friarfaithful

In response to “Appeals to traditions... Fallacies, all of...

America was founded on chrisitan principles, which is why those ideas were both outlawed...

J_A_C_K J_A_C_K

In response to “America was founded on chrisitan principles...

"As the government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian Religion" -Treaty of Tripoli, signed by John Adams

pikabeau pikabeau

^ And don't forget the first ammendment.

MartellusBoss MartellusBoss

No, America was founded on Freedom of Religion....

Anonymous

In response to “in god we trust

...Just because they put that there doesn't mean religion should have affected our laws in any way.

Anonymous

In response to “Just because they put that there doesn't...

no, but that was the basic motto in the early stages of the united states
i.e. it served as the foundation of america

J_A_C_K J_A_C_K

In response to “no, but that was the basic motto in the early...

But that doesn't mean that they would get involved legally in people's religious lives...

I.e. the government can't force Jewish people to be Christians, so why should they force Jewish people to live by Christian beliefs?

Anonymous

In response to “But that doesn't mean that they would get...

are you stupid????
tell me, please, where in the hell did i say anyone was forcing a Jew to be a **** christian?

J_A_C_K J_A_C_K

In response to “are you stupid???? tell me, please, where in...

You didn't; I was saying you can't make them change religion, so why should you have any control over religion at all? Gay marriage is mostly a religious issue, and the government has no control over our religion; gay marriage should be no different.

Though I'll admit I probably could've used a better analogy.

Anonymous

In response to “You didn't; I was saying you can't make them...

Finally some sense out of this one!!! I completely agree with almost everything you said, except a bit differently :P
I do think gay marriage is a religious issue, which means the government should not have a say whether gays can be married are not. I just believe this is rather unfortunate. In my idealistic world, gay marriage ould be banned, but i fully acknowledge that that ever happening in America is very unpractical.
That pretty much sums it up...

J_A_C_K J_A_C_K

In response to “Finally some sense out of this one!!! I...

Yeah, I'm for gay marriage, but other than that, I pretty much can agree with that.

Anonymous

In response to “Yeah, I'm for gay marriage, but other than...

Finally some cooperation!
It's just when you oppose gay marriage, everyone automatically jumps on you and tries to bash you into the ground. It's rather frustrating...

J_A_C_K J_A_C_K

In response to “Finally some cooperation! It's just when you...

That may be because it really has nothing to do with you. So you aren't going to marry a guy, that's super. But some people do truly fall in love with others of their same sex. It doesn't affect you or your decisions at all. So why do you care?

sprite590 sprite590

In response to “That may be because it really has nothing to...

read any other of my 60 comments of this post, that'll clear it up

J_A_C_K J_A_C_K

HOW DARE YOU CALL MATT STUPID!!!!

Ebony_Way Ebony_Way

In response to “**HOW DARE YOU CALL MATT STUPID!!!!**

okay, thanks

J_A_C_K J_A_C_K

"that was the basic motto in the early stages of the united states"
The motto was adopted in 1956.

Treldman Treldman

In response to “in god we trust

Are you just ignoring what I said about the founding fathers signing a treaty declaring that the US was not based on Christianity? None of the founding fathers were even Christians.

I know some people do not like being presented with facts, but that is no reason to ignore them.

pikabeau pikabeau

In response to “Are you just ignoring what I said about the...

i never even talked to you yet

J_A_C_K J_A_C_K

In response to “i never even talked to you yet

So? I talked to you. Normally, people talk back when talked to. I gave you facts that prove you wrong, and you chose to ignore it and continue telling people that America was founded on Christian principles.

pikabeau pikabeau

In response to “So? I talked to you. Normally, people talk...

Actually, my notifications are blowing through the roof. I hadn't even seen your comment before.
Not everything revolves around you. I'm so sorry I don't think your important enough to talk to/sarcasm

J_A_C_K J_A_C_K

In response to “Actually, my notifications are blowing...

Whatever.

America was not founded on Christianity. If you still believe it was, you are dumb and avoiding facts. Marriage has nothing to do with religion, if it did atheists could not marry. There ya go. Neat and simple.

pikabeau pikabeau

In response to “Whatever. America was not founded on...

atheists don't have religious marriages(that's how marriage has been warped over time) that's exactly the point,,they ignore the fact that marriage is a religious practice

J_A_C_K J_A_C_K

In response to “atheists don't have religious...

Guess what, "religious" practices like, Christmas lets say, since it's the biggest example, aren't too religious anymore.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Anonymous

Marriage isn't a religious practice, unless your name is Michelle Bachman. Marriage is the practice of joining two people who love each other.

Treldman Treldman

People used to get married in the name of son gods and such long before they got married in the name of your God. Marriage changed to suit Christian needs and now it is changing to suit non-theists needs.

pikabeau pikabeau

In response to “in god we trust

"in god we trust" wasn't added to your currency until something around 1955-1960ish? It wasn't a "basic motto" just for that short period of time, now you barely ever hear it aside from in jokes and red necks. And let's face it, red necks don't really count.

Anonymous

America was founded on Christian principles? Go back to history class.

Treldman Treldman

In response to “America was founded on Christian principles?...

even if it was, history classes wouldnt be able to say it...as there is no mentioning of god in schools

J_A_C_K J_A_C_K

In response to “even if it was, history classes wouldnt be...

The law is that you cannot teach religion in school. You can mention god, but not teach about him. If America had been found on Christian principles, then history classes would say that, and go on to the next chapter.

Treldman Treldman

If there was a category for lowest rated comments, you would probably win 5 times in a row

DavidSedano DavidSedano

In response to “If there was a category for lowest rated...

obviously i dont care about my comments' ratings, i just want to express my beliefs

J_A_C_K J_A_C_K

In response to “obviously i dont care about my comments'...

Hey, I'm just saying.

DavidSedano DavidSedano

Please be a troll, please be a troll, please be a troll

Anonymous

Just like letting women vote would contradict the thousands of years that they were intended to stay in the kitchen.

pikabeau pikabeau

I think the post insinuates that the bra represents gay marriage, because you can't wear bras in public. So your analogy is basically wrong right off the bat.

SkylarOctavious SkylarOctavious

If none of us want to see it then why is it becoming more and more accepted?

AtheisticMystic AtheisticMystic

People may not want to see the gay marriage bikini, but it doesn't affect the person who saw it. They're not going to say, "OMG WOW. I am never wearing a bikini. That has just ruined bikinis." Who cares if a hairy man wears a bikini? As long as he's happy, and not in your face about it.

amiritesucksnow amiritesucksnow

You always need to consider why people pass things down generation to generation and I must say this one is because people are closed minded and bigoted.

o_o_MARSH o_o_MARSH

My opinion is that gays and lesbians should be afforded extra rights under the law, as I believe they are descended from an immortal race of beings whom we must revere as the ancient Sumerians would have revered their god An. All Americans should spend four hours of every workday erecting elaborate temples in which to worship our omnipotent homosexual overlords, and we all must sacrifice ourselves willingly upon the altar of the gay and lesbian community, everyone of us, including children, who, by the way, I think should be eligible to drink, drive, and vote from age four on up.

Anonymous

In response to “My opinion is that gays and lesbians should...

heh heh "erect" (hehe)

Anonymous

Bras are not the same as Bikini tops.

Momo Momo

In response to “Bras are not the same as Bikini tops.

They're making padded bikini tops with underwire. Some of them even clip in the back. It sounds like a bra to me.

pikabeau pikabeau

In response to “They're making padded bikini tops with...

They are made of a different material and provide less support. Also, a lot of the ones I see cover less than bras.

Momo Momo

Ironically, bras provide some support.

Shadi Shadi

ctiscooler ctiscooler

In response to “I never understood that. Not gay marriage...

Also you still go to jail.

Shadi Shadi

In response to “Also you still go to jail.

Then my mother will have to answer to the police about some of our family photo albums...

ctiscooler ctiscooler

In response to “Then my mother will have to answer to the...

It's different if you're family. But if some perverted 53 year old man has a picture of your 13yo sister in her bikini that's a lil suspicious, don't you think.

Anonymous

In response to “It's different if you're family. But if some...

It's definitely suspicious, but it's not child pornography, since people can broadcast those pictures through Facebook or magazines or whatever, so it's not illegal.

ctiscooler ctiscooler

In response to “It's definitely suspicious, but it's not...

She is half naked. That sounds like **. Girl is 13. She is a child. Sounds like child ** to me!

By the way I thought we were talking about your family photo album, not Facebook.

Anonymous

In response to “She is half naked. That sounds like ****...

I was using Facebook, and the photo album, and magazines as examples. But I'll use another one, if it's easier for you: how are TV shows allowed to air episodes of 17 year-old girls at the beach without getting arrested for distribution?

ctiscooler ctiscooler

In response to “I was using Facebook, and the photo album...

Um crap, I must have originally replied to the wrong comment. I wanted to reply to the ...(let me type it in big letters so it will somehow get the message through) FAMILY PHOTO ALBUM comment of yours. Geez I was only joking around. I ** get what you're saying about the , no need to try and be a smart **. -_-

Anonymous

TV shows usually get around that by hiring actors and actresses to play teenagers that aren't actually teenagers. Most of them are in their early-mid 20's.

Stepharoo Stepharoo

In response to “TV shows usually get around that by hiring...

That's definitely true, but what about shows like Zoey 101? Jamie-Lynn Spears was only sixteen when that show ended, and there were countless episodes of her in a bikini in that show.

ctiscooler ctiscooler

In response to “That's definitely true, but what about shows...

Hmm, I wasn't thinking of that. I guess the difference in that would be that Zoey101 was a show on Nickelodeon, and they didn't really make it into a sexual thing. The same goes for the girls on Disney. I dunno. That's my guess.

Stepharoo Stepharoo

also, only one typically gets wet (hello)

Favvkes Favvkes

Anonymous

In response to “the bra?

Depends on what you're into.

MartellusBoss MartellusBoss

Anonymous

In response to “the bra?

Facepalmed so hard that there is now a dent in my face.

Thanks.

Exploding_Chickens Exploding_Chickens

In response to “Facepalmed so hard that there is now a dent...

You're welcome. :D

Anonymous

I honestly don't get what people have against gays, lesbians, bisexuals etc. etc. What does it matter to us what they do in their bedroom, let them live their life.

Anonymous

In response to “I honestly don't get what people have against...

I completely agree with you about everything, but gays and lesbians don't just have sex all the time, like straight marriages. They love each other, too.

Anonymous

In response to “I completely agree with you about everything...

Whoops, I forgot to mention that too. :/
But yeah, love doesn't have a specific race, gender, ethnicity, language etc etc.
Love is universal. (l)

Anonymous

I'm not sure a bikini top is the same as a bra. And gay marriage and regular marriage are clearly not the same thing; one has a man and a woman, and the other has two of the same sex. So this post's wrong on at least two levels. But leave it to amirite to overwhelmingly endorse a post that in any way promotes gay marriage.

DrRockso DrRockso

In response to “I'm not sure a bikini top is the same as a...

They are basically the same actually, I've used them interchangeably. And no two marriages are alike. Some are between white people, some between black, some racially mixed, some between people that love each other, some are arranged, some are the result of a reality TV show. But they are all technically the same thing, even if there are variables. So your logic was a bit faulty.

Cuban_B

In response to “They are basically the same actually, I've...

"Basically the same" implies they have differences. Second, "variables" are precisely what make things different from each other. An SUV is different from a Smart Car because of variables like size and engine, although they're both automobiles. In theory, gay and traditional marriage are the same in that they are a union of two people, but the two most essential components of their definitions (man-woman and man-man/woman-woman) are starkly opposed. Hence, they're different.

DrRockso DrRockso

In response to “"Basically the same" implies they...

I know, but like I said all marriages are different. Why focus on gender but not race? Disagree with it all you want, but that logic doesn't work. It can be as simple as "I just don't like it" but when people try to rationalize why to other people it just doesn't work. Prejudice isn't rational, but to your credit it doesn't have to be. You can think what you want obviously.

Cuban_B

In response to “I know, but like I said all marriages are...

Marriage is focused on gender and not race because it's an institution that historically has had procreation (which is limited to a male and female) as its central purpose. Race doesn't fit in anywhere in the definition or purpose of marriage.

Also, I'm not arguing that gay marriage is bad; I'm simply arguing that there's a fundamental difference between it and traditional marriage, namely, the genders of the parties involved in each marriage.

DrRockso DrRockso

I was going to make an "in the closet" joke, but I realized that I don't know where women keep their bikinis. Presumably, they also keep their bikinis in their closet, rendering my joke pointless.

Ridge Ridge

In response to “I was going to make an "in the...

I don't keep my bras or my bikinis in my closet actually.

Mary Mary

I think most girls keep them in dresser drawers.

Jennitalia Jennitalia

Also, straight marriages are water-resistant. :)

Anonymous

You can wear a bra in public, just not where people can see.

KirstenAnn KirstenAnn

In response to “You can wear a bra in public, just not where...

I get it now. You can have a gay marriage in public as long as you keep it under your shirt.

(lolwut)

MartellusBoss MartellusBoss

Good ****... hundreds posts later, I'm pretty sure that the amirite community supports gay marriage. It's like they're all reposts of "You support gay marriage, amirite?" because that's what they all pretty much ask...

thatguys thatguys

I find it somewhat amusing that people are actually debating the differences between bras and bikini tops.

Clementines Clementines

In response to “I find it somewhat amusing that people are...

I find it much more informative than Jack ranting about gay rights...

runnerdude runnerdude

I don't understand. Same sex marriage only affects the people getting married, so why should any one care.??
(I think all of PDA is wrong.)

SmileyTara SmileyTara

I am not very religious, I have many gay relatives, I am extremely noncommital on all major topics and yet, I still am against same sex marriage... why? I'm not really sure.

chichichichia chichichichia

Come to South Africa. Both are completely legal here. I went to a 'gay-wedding', instead of a wedding cake they had glitter cupcakes.

Deathelf Deathelf

Bras ARE allowed in public as long as they cover up enough.

Jennitalia Jennitalia

The reason wearing a bra at the beach is bad is because it doesn't have enough straps. True fact.

Don't know why gays aren't allowed marriage though... Maybe too many straps...(on)?

EarthwormJim EarthwormJim

Simple solution: The sacrement of marriage will only be for opposite sex marriages, whereas non-sacremental marriage can include gay couples. By using religion to deny gay couples marriage, we might as well deny non-religious people marriage as they do not see it the same way and they wouldn't be married in the eyes of the Church anyways. The non-sacremental marriage itself should, in definition, be no more sinful for gay couples than for straight couples. And for those who argue that the sexual acts that gay people perform are sinful, it is important to note that marriage will not keep that from not occuring seeing as a lot of people don't wait for marriage anyways. Another point that I'd like to make is that how is it fair to keep gay people from any potentially defined sins, when straight people are allowed to commit these same sins? Gay marriage can have a lot more positives than negatives, such as the adopting of children (which I am all for them doing) and diminishing bullying towards homosexuals.

Anonymous

In response to “Simple solution: The sacrement of marriage...

Just to add: I'd appreciate no replies debating whether it truly is sinful or not, as my phrasing wasn't to prove either point but rather to explain why, even if it was sinful, that should be no reason to deny it if it does not hurt anybody.

Anonymous

Ever notice how much everyone hates the homophobic as much as the homophobic hate the gays?

World peace please
xoxo
-Madonna

Kayla_Loves_You Kayla_Loves_You

You're right, girls should wear just bras in public! Oh, gay marriage is fine, too.

Tim5o Tim5o

I haven't checked yet, but I'm fairly certain the majority of the comments will be about how the author jizzed themselves because they also thought of the bras in public =/= bikini tops in public = odd? thing.

Emperorerror Emperorerror

Good post, though a lot of **** stupid comments. This probably being one of them...

_Ashlie_ _Ashlie_

Continue