Mod Team

fEMMAnistSahara9189495514thatsjustmiio_o_MARSHMj1996ChuckTomBub

coolstory_Lila_foolwithdreams_pikabeauAtheisticMysticRelevantlyRandomrunnerdudeMooseAlex12347eldoritoVepixDemonturkyMiss_MimeKirstenAnn

Nobody :(
Christians: It's annoying when people say "how can a loving God send people to hell" and fail to recognize that God has many other attributes. amirite?

But just because he has other good attributes doesn't completely erase that bad one...

Anonymous

Flame OP

In response to “What bad one?

According to this post, the one that sends people to hell

Anonymous

In response to “According to this post, the one that sends...

Holiness and righteousness? The reason people go to hell is because they choose to.

Read post below.

Flame OP

In response to “Holiness and righteousness? The reason people...

I wouldn't say anybody would willingly choose to go to hell but that's just me.

Maybe we just have different opinions

Anonymous

In response to “I wouldn't say anybody would willingly choose...

Well it's quite obvious that we have different views on this point.

They willingly follow Satan and do evil things. Should not a holy God condemn them and allow them to be with the devil whom they follow in his demise?

Flame OP

In response to “Well it's quite obvious that we have...

Should a holy God not take the evil out of them and allow them to love God?

Anonymous

In response to “Should a holy God not take the evil out of...

Yes, but sin cannot go unpaid so his son Jesus Christ willingly died for us so we can be free from sin and the wrath of God and made righteous in the eyes of God. Also filling us with holy spirit and enables us to love God.

But what about the people who reject Christ's offer isn't it fair that they be separated from God?

I mean they do hate God...

Flame OP

In response to “Yes, but sin cannot go unpaid so his son...

I'm beginning to think you're a troll, so my apologies for feeding you.

Anonymous

In response to “I'm beginning to think you're a troll, so my...

What makes you think that? or is that just a cop out?

Flame OP

In response to “What makes you think that? or is that just a...

"I mean they do hate God..."

Many atheists/agnostics would love to believe there's a god out there. Don't be ignorant.

Anonymous

In response to “"I mean they do hate God..." Many...

Well their says that but their actions say otherwise. :)

Look at the most famous atheists they combat God who they don't believe exists?

C'mon, they know God exists better than you and me. They have the best christian apologists provide them the best information and augmentation. They just don't want to admit it so they suppress the knowledge of God. kapish? :)

Flame OP

In response to “Well their says that but their actions say...

Woah buddy. Im atheist because I don't believe in a god. Not because I hate anyone. And most atheists get information about religion in order to be sure about their decision.

Demonturky

In response to “Woah buddy. Im atheist because I don't...

Well what do you think of the character of the Christian God?

Flame OP

In response to “Well what do you think of the character of...

Well I find the idea of an all powerful and loving god to be nice. But I don't think that god is real because of how he is seen as omnipotent, but would still allow horrible things to happen in the world. Seems rather contradictory in my opinion.

Demonturky

How can a holy God not send the wicked to hell.

Funny thing is hell wasn't intended for humans but for the Devil and his demons yet humans chose to follow Satan and get what they want... separation from God, Hell.

ChosenToLead ChosenToLead

In response to “How can a holy God not send the wicked to...

All the cool people are in Hell.

TristantheGreat

In response to “All the cool people are in Hell.

Well there is all kinds of people, cool people, hot people, good people, nice people, liberals, conservatives, republicans, democrats the list goes on an on... but to avoid hell it all depends on your relationship with Jesus Christ.

ChosenToLead ChosenToLead

In response to “Well there is all kinds of people, cool...

What does Friends with Benefits get you?

TristantheGreat

In response to “What does Friends with Benefits get you?

Fellowship with God for eternity(heaven) and for whose not interested, separation from God(hell.)

ChosenToLead ChosenToLead

John Wayne Gacy volunteered for charities and at hospitals, there's a good attribute. But I still think he was a horrible person. Having good attributes doesn't mean everyone should forget about the bad ones.

AtheisticMystic AtheisticMystic

In response to “John Wayne Gacy volunteered for charities and...

What bad ones? name one.

Flame OP

In response to “What bad ones? name one.

Cancer. The holocaust. Starvation. Those are all things that God could have prevented. But no. God let the devil **** Job over just to prove a point. God allows evil people to live and good people to die. Good people that praise him their entire lives.

AtheisticMystic AtheisticMystic

In response to “Cancer. The holocaust. Starvation. Those are...

Actually, God **** Job himself, over a bet with the Devil. And look at their killcounts, Devil's killed maybe fifty people, God has a few cities, a genocide, all the first born in Egypt, etc.

TristantheGreat

In response to “Actually, God **** Job himself, over a bet...

That's just a "warm" up... if you know what i mean :p

LoL OP

Who cares about earthly lives? and does God who created us get to do what the hell he wants? why you complaining? it's not a democracy.

Flame OP

In response to “Who cares about earthly lives? and does God...

I'm convinced you're a troll, now.

AtheisticMystic AtheisticMystic

In response to “I'm convinced you're a troll, now.

I'm convinced you have no argumentation the moment you allow the truth to shine :)

Which is IF the bible means what it says and God really is creator of all things, he does have a right to do what he wants.

And the only option you have now is to reject such a God(assuming that you still are willing to fight against Him, which is futile) and suppresses the knowledge of God which will lead you to your own demise... at which point you should now reconsider and beg God for forgiveness...

OR as bible predicts in 2 Timothy 4:3
"For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear."

You will actually find teachers yes... who is the popular right now? Dawkins?
Hitchens was quite good but he passed away now... and you will say such things like "the majority of scientist agree with my view" well surly you would make it seem so.

Have a good life.

Flame OP

God gives us freewill. Hitler caused the holocaust and there are so many casualties because the rest of the WORLD sat back and watched for a bit, starvation exists because of the greed of the WORLD, and cancer is an unfortunate illness that would not exist if Adam hadn't of sinned. Sometimes God lets good Christian's die and g through hardship so that other souls can b saved. We may never understand why good honest people die but that doesn't make God any less than who He is

thatsjustmii

In response to “God gives us freewill. Hitler caused the...

Saying that kind of thing to me is pointless. You may not understand why good people die, but I do. Good people die for one of two reasons: either there is no ultimate force running the universe, or the ultimate force running the universe is a very unfriendly deity. In my mind those are the only two explanations. I don't care what God's reasons may be for allowing good people to die, they aren't good enough. There is no excuse for that. So in my mind, he either doesn't exist or is evil.

AtheisticMystic AtheisticMystic

In response to “Saying that kind of thing to me is pointless...

I'm sorry you feel that way, and I'm sorry if any people who didn't deserve to die have died in your life.

thatsjustmii

I'm a Christian, but by saying people fail to recognize His other attributes, it seems to me you're saying that people should just overlook this one bad one and pay attention to all His good qualities. To me, it's not a bad thing about Him, but rather the result of not accepting Him. So he doesn't send people to Hell, but rather provides a way out of an otherwise inevitable fate (going to Hell). I'm sorry if I'm just misunderstanding your post, though =P

Anonymous