don29002Deathelfshannabananabrady12eastcoastMartellusBossMagestic_mermanjustwondering28ilovenaniMeapLuv2golf42897HappyBlucatthpnerdREBEKKAHgoodtimerunningoutofspaceslairPrincessDaisychiddybangphotoice89JankofettNikaeieioAriodanteLarryHiemilysoccer2

JavvieMonopolygamySkr3wBallcherryblasterPitchergirlemmieSpearmintMilkActionManRoseWinsJimiHendrixBlueJayWayBun10Ram27KatieerAstronaut_Willpeacelovedance_23RunyEmptyMelodies_pi_valnoellePeppergirl14yay_im_wrongJuliajumps06mashSuperFastJellyFishyossarianRedLegalAlienStickCavemanawesomesocksNickyLordTrolldemortthisisalsomypasswordDrewtTuvlucichrrw070193CornCakesDameequasickipedianCowboyGirlcheshire_catSerenaSaysitFavvkesCaitlinGrimFluxMeaganrubienicoleCuban_BBlake11roysReadz

LarryHiDeathbubbleBlucatt
Are you a killer when you anonymously bomb an unseen, unheard child whose only crime is being in the target village that day, and whose life is terminated against his or her will? Or are you a killer when you end the unseen, unheard life of a child whose only crime is to be present in the womb, and whose life is terminated against his or her will? The way I view it, it is hypocritical for one to say how horrible it is to end life in a foreign war, and then turn around and legalize the ending of, amirite?

Abortion isn't killing because the fetus isn't aware of anything. It's like killing a dandelion- just a lump of cells.

cherryblaster cherryblaster

cherryblaster cherryblaster

In response to “Abortion isn't killing because the fetus...

A living lump of living cells that will one day become a living human. And it's only "not aware of anything" very early on, brain activity starts within 8 weeks (During the first trimester).

swimlax swimlax

In response to “A living lump of living cells that will one...

Call her what you will but if a woman can spend a few hundred to end one mistake that will be with her for the rest of her life then I'm all for it.

Astronaut_Will Astronaut_Will

In response to “Call her what you will but if a woman can...

I should use commas.

Astronaut_Will Astronaut_Will

That is very very wrong. At around 25 weeks the fetus starts to have limited consciousness. At 8 weeks the embryo is just 1.6cm in size, and certainly not aware of anything.

SpearmintMilk SpearmintMilk

In response to “http://main.zerotothree.org/site/PageServer?pag...

Did you even read that? It says that the brain development that is responsible for consciousness has only begun to function near the end of gestation.

SpearmintMilk SpearmintMilk

In response to “Did you even read that? It says that the...

But the brain activity is detected much earlier

swimlax swimlax

In response to “But the brain activity is detected much earlier

That doesn't mean they are aware of anything like you claimed!

SpearmintMilk SpearmintMilk

In response to “That doesn't mean they are aware of anything...

They are able to move around at that point and are developing senses...

and to be honest, I really don't feel like having an abortion debate over the internet. If you want to understand my stance, you can go to http://www.frc.org/brochure/the...ular-audiences

and http://www.afterabortion.com/

swimlax swimlax

If it's not a child, you're not pregnant.

Magestic_merman Magestic_merman

I'm pretty sure life starts when they can detect a heartbeat. It would also make sense for it to start only after the consciousness develops. I know that in general the brain develops before the heart but I'm not completely sure about the different parts of it. However, I do know that the frontal lobe finishes developing when the person's around twenty. So it's very possible (and likely) that the consciousness comes after the heart.

MaryKateBurnett MaryKateBurnett

Have you seen the picture where a woman is having an operation done and the "fetus" grabs onto the surgeon's finger?

aminotwrong

In response to “Have you seen the picture where a woman is...

That doesn't make sense at all... An operation as in an abortion? Because they don't open you up for those. As for another operation, since when do they cut open the womb of a pregnant woman when she is not having a c-section? I call ****.

valnoelle

In response to “http://www.snopes.com/photos/medical/thehand.as...

Don't trust everything you read on the internet, honey.

YeahIAm

In response to “Don't trust everything you read on the...

www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Armas

"Can't believe everything you read on the internet."
"Can't believe everything you read in books."

I am duly aware of this. That's why I read a lot of different articles relating to the same thing and make my own judgment. Don't assume I was like: "Maaah goshhhh a feeeetaaaaz rechin owt! Firrst link on googul mustt b tru!!!1!!!one!!!" Cause that's more insulting than you calling me honey.

Deathelf Deathelf

I still don't believe it, but even if it is real, 21 weeks is over half way through the pregnancy. Abortions are generally performed within the first two months of the pregnancy. So your argument is still invalid.

valnoelle

In response to “I still don't believe it, but even if it is...

(valnoelle):LOL! I wasn't making an argument there. Just pointing out it is possible to operate on a fetus.

Deathelf Deathelf

I wasn't making an argument? I asked if anyone had seen it and I wanted to here opinions.

aminotwrong

Lawl that's from House. A fictional television show. It is false.

ForeverMarauder ForeverMarauder

In response to “Lawl that's from House. A fictional...

(ForeverMarauder):Did you even click the link? Did you google the baby's name? Research first, then form an opinion and make a claim.

Deathelf Deathelf

In response to “(ForeverMarauder):Did you even click the...

I clicked the link, saw the picture, and saw that at the top of the page, it said the description was inaccurate. If somehow the story is real, I don't actually care enough to google the baby's name. I'm not interested in how pro-life activists twisted a freak incident to suit their cause, when, in actuality, a situation like that would have nothing to do with the real issue, because a fetus able to grab a finger would be past the point in which it's legal to terminate.

ForeverMarauder ForeverMarauder

In response to “I clicked the link, saw the picture, and saw...

(ForeverMarauder):I wasn't using that image or story for that. Someone claimed it wasn't true. I pointed out it was. And if you'd read the article; you'd know the baby didn't grab the doctor's finger as the baby and mother were sedated. The rest of your comment was just rude to be honest, there's no need to call people freaks just because their opinion differs from yours. Manners can still be used in debates and or on the internet.

Deathelf Deathelf

In response to “(ForeverMarauder):I wasn't using that image...

I said if it happened it was a "freak incident". I never called anyone a freak.

ForeverMarauder ForeverMarauder

In response to “I said if it happened it was a "freak...

(ForeverMarauder):Oh my word, so sorry. That's what happens when you go on amirite at work; you misread things. -_-

Deathelf Deathelf

In response to “(ForeverMarauder):Oh my word, so sorry...

Really, don't worry about it...

ForeverMarauder ForeverMarauder

I've seen that picture too, but I heard it was fake

Idling_Rocket_Ship Idling_Rocket_Ship

In response to “I've seen that picture too, but I heard it...

http://www.snopes.com/photos/medical/thehand.asp it is a real photo, but the details have been distorted.

Deathelf Deathelf

That picture shows a fetus which is older than one which would be aborted, who is being operated on. It has nothing to do with abortion.

Readz

That picture is from an episode of House. Fictional TV show.

miss_marymac_attack

The picture you are referring to is linked below, and it's a screenshot from House, which is a medical drama. As in it's not real. Someone made it up. In the episode, he is operating on a women who is pregnant. Not only is it not real, the scene in itself isn't pro-life and is not even representative of an abortion.

ForeverMarauder ForeverMarauder

In response to “The picture you are referring to is linked...

No, It did in fact happen. House did a re-enactment on the show. For crying out loud simply type into google "fetus grabs surgeon" and the picture and story is everywhere. It isn't representing abortion, but it does show that an unborn baby has feelings and reacts.

aminotwrong

In response to “No, It did in fact happen. House did a...

The picture that is linked is a screenshot from House. If somehow this did happen during an abortion, the House scene wasn't a reenactment considering the House scene dealt with saving the fetus rather than aborting it.

ForeverMarauder ForeverMarauder

In response to “The picture that is linked is a screenshot...

Of course it was not an abortion. the uterus was removed, and they were in fact saving the baby. I never said it WAS an abortion, simply a procedure
on an unborn baby that responded.

aminotwrong

"the unseen, unheard life"
Well there you go.

Ram27 Ram27

Okay people! Before we start another abortion debate, I've got a solution! Let's just ask the fetuses how they feel for a change. How selfish of us not to do this sooner.

StickCaveman StickCaveman

I don't know about you, but I'd like to have a choice about what 'lives' in my body.

awesomesocks awesomesocks

In response to “I don't know about you, but I'd like to have...

When you start having ** you should be aware of the possible consequences. Even if you're using protection till it comes out of your ears; reproduction is still the primary function of **, and it can still happen. Abortion shouldn't be another form of contraceptive.

Deathelf Deathelf

In response to “When you start having **** you should be...

What about in the case of rape, or if there's a good chance the woman could die during delivery?

rrw070193

In response to “What about in the case of rape, or if there's...

(rrw070193):Please note that in my comment I stated that abortion shouldn't be used as a method of contraception ie oh whoops I got pregnant, quick abortion teehee. Also the first part of my comment mentions consensual ****. But since you're asking me for my opinion on health risks and rape; here goes: I'd rather save one life(the mother) than lose two(mother and baby) and in the case of rape I would have an abortion or opt for private adoption. It's a personal thing. I'm only against using abortion as a contraceptive, which is what my comment clearly stated.

Deathelf Deathelf

In response to “(rrw070193):Please note that in my comment I...

Yes, and most people would agree with you. However, I think you're being quite judgmental. Who the heck doesn't take abortion seriously? No one's like omg nbd I'll just get an abortion! It's a serious, costly procedure that traumatizes the mother. Of course it shouldn't be used as a contraceptive or taken lightly, but generally, I don't think it's either of those things.

valnoelle

In response to “Yes, and most people would agree with you...

(valnoelle):I would never judge anyone; I don't think anyone has the right to do that. I'm against it; yes; but because I won't do it and this is solely directed at myself and my moral values. I won't think anything bad about someone who does have an abortion even if it's used as an alternative to birth control. The idea leaves a sour taste in my mouth (Because sadly this does happen) but I won't judge the person. I don't know them. I don't know their lives.

Deathelf Deathelf

In response to “(valnoelle):I would never judge anyone; I...

Glad to hear you feel that way, it's just that your comment was misleading. Saying "ie oh whoops I got pregnant, quick abortion teehee" implies that you think people don't take it seriously. Maybe you've never experienced it, but a pregnancy scare is called that because it scares the absolute shit out of the couple. People don't take this lightly. Most women, if they wound up with an unwanted pregnancy that resulted in abortion, would be traumatized by it. They won't go looking for that situation to ever occur again. However, if you mean girls who use the morning after pill as a form of contraceptive, then yes, that is an actual issue to solve drunken one night stands and the like.

valnoelle

In response to “Glad to hear you feel that way, it's just...

(valnoelle):There are girls though who don't take it seriously. Sadly. It takes all sorts to make the world. I know a girl who had an abortion, then got pregnant again and was like: "Oh well, guess I'll have another abortion"

Deathelf Deathelf

In response to “(valnoelle):There are girls though who don't...

Fair, I think that's terrible. It's also the extreme minority. People like that shouldn't be parents anyway, because they'll raise their children to be just like that. I feel like there's no solution to that, because they shouldn't be able to use abortion as a contraceptive, but they really shouldn't be parents either.

valnoelle

In response to “Fair, I think that's terrible. It's also the...

(valnoelle):Yeah, it's a little bit of a gray area that. And that's all I can say on that matter to be honest. I won't do it, it's sad if this option is misused and it's annoying when people try to shove their view down your throat; I'm sure you agree. :) Enjoy your day, thanks for the interesting points you brought up. :)

Deathelf Deathelf

sorry, that wasn't meant to be a reply to you. No idea how that happened.

Deathelf Deathelf

OMG THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH ABORTION POSTS ON AMIRITE!

Anonymous

I agree. Wholeheartedly.

Happy Happy

Really, it's my opinion. I don't think abortions right. Wether you agree with me or not, that "fetus", "baby", "not even a person yet", it's still a part of you...

OliveYouCx OliveYouCx OP

In response to “Really, it's my opinion. I don't think...

"It's still a part of you" is not an argument unless you're against hair cuts.

ForeverMarauder ForeverMarauder

In the former situation, one or all of the following are true:
The child is in pain.
The child fears for his or her life.
The child cries/screams due to this pain and fear.
The child begs not to die.
The child wonders what he or she did to deserve this.
The child thinks of all he or she had left to do in his or her life... all the things he or she will miss.
This child thinks of his or her family, friends, neighbors, and teachers all of whom will mourn the loss and whose lives will be forever altered.
In the latter situation, none of the above is true. Not a single one, assuming that it is an early-term abortion. You can argue that once the embryo has become a fetus, and once that fetus begins to develop, that fetus might feel pain, but then the argument becomes about when to terminate, not the legality of the abortion itself. You cannot in any way compare the death of something that is aware of its existence and can experience fear with the death of something that does not possess these qualities.

ForeverMarauder ForeverMarauder

tl;dr;dc

AppAwesome

A Fetus has no will.

Frostey21 Frostey21