death_or_gloryThebloo2yeahithoughtsoThisBlackChickJavvieAllyKatJuliafacewillsoswagellephaba101DeathelfMaryKateBurnettTurtleChewbansheeMrCurtis01Courage_WolfsubmarinediscoSturminatorBlueJayWayAWilllexaluffafterawhileAnnieeekkcheshire_catDanielJamesForeverDayMeaganmyaccount91pantherfanaticWhoIsSierraSheCallsMeButtaCupBossmanjugglerCoolmilaGolfWangMIDNIGHTANGELjustsuperMike_HawksamiisawesomefaithnamedmeLuserooHillariousBastardRecitalArmanLaestigZwillingSoupRidgeStepharooMsChanandlerBongtinkerswiftPeppergirl14

Clay_KalopsiaTheObliviousPandaSuzywaoHullabalooHopeImriteCedzSuck_My_DickActionManTruuninjaexactylpterodactyleldoritorubienicoleAtheisticMysticArneGoeteynStickCavemanFrank_n_FurterKristaasomepeopleSnobbyDrugAddictMatrixNLNj513TapeRebeccaDeBellisStealthAppleBeeezyBabyyMyvicanadianiglooscoolstoryJackieSnidarichSoyChelseaSupermannnAnchored17Ed_yeahyeahyeahyesVendelinpenguinnRegularityBabytardacornsrockLordThundercuntGlompableGlishiousArnoldVanDerWaltSpearmintMilkTheMidgetCuban_Bgommy2bearevan123chiddybang

PredySuzywaoSurveys
You have never smoked a cigarette. amirite?

I haven't, but I hate the holier-than-thou attitude that non-smokers often have towards smokers.

DanielJames DanielJames

Never have never will

Thebloo2 Thebloo2

In response to “Never have never will

So brave.

Courage_Wolf Courage_Wolf

In response to “So brave.

Haha I don't want diseases in my system

Thebloo2 Thebloo2

In response to “Never have never will

that's the answer I always give people who asks me...

Predy Predy

DanielJames DanielJames

In response to “I haven't, but I hate the holier-than-thou...

To be honest, it's extremely difficult to think of a worse decision than taking up smoking tobacco. I can't think of any.

Mike_Hawk Mike_Hawk

In response to “To be honest, it's extremely difficult to...

Taking up smoking crack?

Surveys Surveys OP

In response to “Taking up smoking crack?

It depends on who you talk to. Personally, I'd take up any other substance as a habit before tobacco.

Mike_Hawk Mike_Hawk

In response to “It depends on who you talk to. Personally...

Really? You'd rather take up say, ice or heroin? Just a wild guess but i'd say it might have a few more negative consequences than the occasional cigarette

gbgkgdgfu

In response to “Really? You'd rather take up say, ice or...

Yes, I would rather take up ice or heroin. I assume by "ice" you mean meth. Believe it or not, heroin doesn't really have many negative side-effects at all. The negative side-effects come from whatever shit dealers decide to cut it with. I have some chemistry knowledge and know how to separate at least some of the additives from the diacetlymorphine itself, and I have the will-power to not become addicted. And it's funny you say "occasional cigarette", because nicotine has been proven to be more addictive than heroin or meth. It's also a fact that methamphetamine is prescribed as a medication for ADD and obesity in the U.S., and it's side-effects don't seem too bad at all. The biggest harm when it comes to illegal drugs comes from impurity and irresponsible use. Tobacco, on the other hand, isn't cut with harmful chemicals that the user doesn't know about, and is extraordinarily harmful to every system in the body.

Mike_Hawk Mike_Hawk

In response to “Yes, I would rather take up ice or heroin. I...

Yes, by ice i mean crystal meth. I live in australia and ice is a hugely popular here.
The other day i saw a women wailing and yelling and throwing herself against a fence on the street because she was in withdrawal from it. But you know what since you have some will-power i'm sure that could never happen to you.

gbgkgdgfu

In response to “Yes, by ice i mean crystal meth. I live in...

My family has a HUGE history of alcoholism, so I know better than most to keep myself in check. Many of my philosophies about life revolve around personal responsibility. Addiction or withdrawals are not a sufficient reason in my mind to continue doing something harmful, and since I would be the only thing making myself do anything, I would stop.

And of course, people who smoke tobacco never had anything bad happen to them, eh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zWB4dLYChM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WrWwUsKKN8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow5uw_iCm5A

Mike_Hawk Mike_Hawk

Deciding to start...killing the innocent? Raping babies? Starting any drug? Killing yourself?

Tape Tape

In response to “Deciding to start...killing the innocent?...

How are killing the innocent or raping babies bad ideas from a not-moral standpoint? Tobacco is unhealthier than any drug. Killing yourself and smoking tobacco are the same, basically.

Mike_Hawk Mike_Hawk

In response to “How are killing the innocent or raping babies...

Tobacco is more unhealthy than any drug? You might want to check your facts mate.

Surveys Surveys OP

In response to “Tobacco is more unhealthy than any drug? You...

You might want to check yours. Tobacco is the number one cause of death in the United States, coming in at over 400,000 deaths per year.

All illegal drugs combined kill under 13,000 people per year. Most of those deaths are from overdose or poly-drug use.

Before you try to say that it's because more people smoke, that can't be it. 43% of people in the U.S. use illegal drugs. Around 70% use tobacco products. That's quite the jump, but not nearly enough to warrant a jump of almost 35 times as many deaths.

That was just a quick search and from memory, so my information my not be too accurate, but it's definitely a good reference. Perhaps you should look stuff up before calling me out?

Mike_Hawk Mike_Hawk

In response to “You might want to check yours. Tobacco is the...

Well no shit it's the number one killer of adults in the US...that's because more people smoke cigarettes(a LOT more) than people do Heroin, or Meth, or Cocaine. so to compare strictly numbers and not give the percentage comparision of smokers->smoking deaths and heroin users->heroin deaths is wrong.

r tard

Supermannn Supermannn

In response to “Well no shit it's the number one killer of...

Read more than just one part of my comment, you **** idiot.

Mike_Hawk Mike_Hawk

You kind of need to take into account that most likely a large portion of that 43% just use marijuana. And that doesn't really kill people. Most illegal drugs are much more dangerous in the short term and equally as dangerous in the long term.

foryoublue

If you're still not convinced. Total, worldwide use of illegal drugs is estimated to cause 250,000 deaths per year. That's just over half of the deaths caused by tobacco in the U.S. alone.

Stop being ignorant.

Mike_Hawk Mike_Hawk

In response to “If you're still not convinced. Total...

those numbers are ****, too. don't know where you got them.

Supermannn Supermannn

In response to “those numbers are ****, too. don't know where...

Now I can tell you're trolling, and thus retract my statement about being done replying to you.

Love you. (l)

Mike_Hawk Mike_Hawk

In response to “Now I can tell you're trolling, and thus...

Yeah okay dude. WTF people always talk about trolls go take your teenage video game nerd shit elsewhere...back to the topic at hand, smoking.

Supermannn Supermannn

In response to “Yeah okay dude. WTF people always talk about...

You're right, sir. I'm going to go change my life and find God. Perhaps I'll take up smoking while I'm at it!

Mike_Hawk Mike_Hawk

I could rebuttle by questioning your, what I believe to be incorrect, statement. But I see it's already been done below. So I'm going to leave this alone.

Tape Tape

In response to “I could rebuttle by questioning your, what I...

Sooo, then your comment is completely pointless? You really just replied by telling me you're not going to reply? Cool story, bro.

Mike_Hawk Mike_Hawk

If you marry a non smoker don't be selfish..and if you have kids again don't be selfish!...other then that i don't mind..just don't come and smoke near my face if i was here first -___-

Predy Predy

This could also say ''You're not an idiot, amirite?''

silvershadow6 silvershadow6

In response to “This could also say ''You're not an idiot...

How does trying something that's not going to have any immediate severe consequences make you an idiot? I've smoked a grand total of one cigarette in my life and thought it was pretty gross.

ActionMan

A pack a day keeps the liberal, tree-hugging hippies away

Supermannn Supermannn

I feel like there is no reason to ever start smoking in today's time, but I have sympathy for anyone trying to quit.

Cpt_McMuffin Cpt_McMuffin

INB4 controversy because one person said "I never will"

OHWAIT.

mchalla3 mchalla3

I don't like it when you just try one cigarette and people have a rant about lung cancer and bad breathe, i have tried it, because you don't know until you try, and are never going to do it again...like chill?

Mollieee Mollieee

I don't think smoking is great (obviously). It's expensive, unhealthy, makes you smell like smoke constantly, and it doesn't really make you feel good unless you ARE addicted. However, I don't think it's the worst bloody thing in the world like people make it out to be.

Tape Tape

Someone asked me for a lighter just when I was reading this post...

Babytard Babytard

I have smoked a cigar for my roommates 18th birthday. It was disgusting and I never plan on smoking again. I agree with daniel_james that the "holier than thou" attitude is wrong.

Lkun Lkun

One time, when I was 3 and living in Russia, I was waddling around my house and I saw a lit cigarette. I had seen my dad smoking a few times, so I mimicked his inhaling and blowing out the smoke. It tasted like cow dung and It was absolutely disgusting. To this day, I've not touched or even thought about smoking, and I won't anytime soon. And as to the above comments, no I don't act like a "holy" person to smokers. I have many friends who are smokers; I don't judge someone if they're a smoker or do other types of drugs, if they're an all in all good person, with good morals, that's all that matters. What I'm tryin to say is people have their personal reasons why they do something, and they shouldn't be judged by it as long as they're not hurting anyone around them or something along those lines. :)

TheObliviousPanda

In response to “One time, when I was 3 and living in Russia...

right, cause you can remember things you did when you were 3....retard

Supermannn Supermannn

In response to “right, cause you can remember things you did...

Yah, I do remember a lot of things from my childhood. But I didn't know having a good memory would cause me to become Mentally/physically handicapped. (hmm)

TheObliviousPanda

I smoked like 2 puffs of a cigar once, does that count?

Arwen

In response to “I smoked like 2 puffs of a cigar once, does...

I wouldn't say so. They're very different.

Surveys Surveys OP

Cigarettes < Marijuana

Anonymous

The idea of smoking seriously grosses me out. I'm not the healthiest person around, but after knowing negative effects of smoking, I just don't think it's worth it. I try not to judge people for it, but I must admit I find it quite silly someone would take up smoking after knowing the health risks. Of course, for those who are addicted, I completely symphathise.

dini190