Sportshot53JuliafaceCourage_WolfWynautAnchored17MissmoswenRachelNDistinctionssarahlovelyZeenadasaywhenchiddybangSoyChelsealing_lingKalopsiacherryblasterMr_AbhiIdling_Rocket_ShipSupermannnOkNowMontanamajorsasquatchRockyRealityShortstopmwdsansacheshire_catlolgirlmakeup_nerdRarefindMeapMsChanandlerBonga_fetuslana_banana_nanastacysmomdorkattackBellaGrace1003Dementors_KissStarkiller731ladygagamonsterpeace_love_happinessrilarapika_kesHullabalooradgrlKirstenAnnirod007Purple_RoseAllyKatihatebakas

BlearslyrarerJavvieCherryBlossomPeppergirl14thatguysDragonTickleeBlacklightsAndQueensLarryHisb123ctiscoolerBabytardInu_chanMeaganx2502manblonde_zoeFlipFlopsAndSocksmchalla3MoosrapsugirlCatbaanedohmannnsilvershadow6CowboyGirl

idolR21BananasSmellBadscreaming_midgeterinliannaclareMontanaHMDucky
It's weird how october isn't the 8th month, amirite?

It used to be. About forever ago, people saw March 25th or something like that as New Year's Day, so March was technically the first month, making SEPTember the 7th, OCTOber the 8th, NOVember the 9th, and DECember the 10th.
(Sept = 7, Octo = 8, Nov = 9, Deca = 10)

MusicianOfExtremes MusicianOfExtremes

I don't get it.

sixfeetunderthestars sixfeetunderthestars

In response to “I don't get it.

Because "octo" means eight.

cherryblaster cherryblaster

In response to “I don't get it.

Octo means 8 -.-

Muffinman

In response to “I don't get it.

Octo means 8.

Sorry I just felt you should hear it thrice.

Onion

In response to “I don't get it.

Because the prefix octo means eight.

foreveralone

In response to “Because the prefix octo means eight.

I think he gets it now.

aminotwrong

In response to “I think he gets it now.

I'm not sure.

foreveralone

In response to “I don't get it.

Because "octo" means eight.

Sorry, but five is my lucky number. I couldn't resist being the fifth to tell you.

YeahIAm

In response to “I don't get it.

Octo is an animation studio in Florida that was destroyed 8 times (once a month) before being built permanently in October. The post doesn't make sense because everyone knows construction started in March, not January

Serg Serg

In response to “Octo is an animation studio in Florida that...

That's a much more depressing answer:'(

OnePiecepkmn OnePiecepkmn

In response to “I don't get it.

Because "octo" means twenty eight in greek and since Greeks rule modern society, governor George W. Bush declared that since twenty is a "better number" than eight, and twenty divided by two (the almighty number lord) is ten, october is the 10th month. Even though the Mayan calendar clearly states october should be the eighth month because EVERYONE knows eight is the better number! But George didn't agree.

Some of you need to brush up on your days of the week...

SOFTBALL8 SOFTBALL8

It used to be the 8th month, actually.

Whacka Whacka

MusicianOfExtremes MusicianOfExtremes

In response to “It used to be. About forever ago, people saw...

For my religion, March 21st (the first day of Spring) is our new years. It was just a few days ago, actually. It's strange how I saw this comment while eating one of the snacks we'd brought home from the celebration.

iceeselenawiz iceeselenawiz

In response to “For my religion, March 21st (the first day of...

That's pretty cool actually. If you don't mind sharing, what's your religion? I'm a Hindu, and we have a holiday called Holi which is supposed to be the first day of Spring, so if you're Hindu and you're referring to Holi, that's something I'll have learned today ^.^

MusicianOfExtremes MusicianOfExtremes

In response to “That's pretty cool actually. If you don't...

Oh, no. I'm not a Hindu. I'm a Muslim. To be more specific, a Shia Ismiali Aga Khan Muslim (incase you wanted to know)
But, I've definitly heard of Holi! My mom used to have a grandfather who was a Hindu that converted into a Muslim and, even though he wasn't of the same religion anymore, he'd still always go out to for all the Holi celebrations and bring my mom and her sisters along with her. I really wish I could enjoy something like that! All the stories she's told me make it sound so fun!!

iceeselenawiz iceeselenawiz

In response to “Oh, no. I'm not a Hindu. I'm a Muslim. To be...

That's pretty cool :D I don't go out for Holi celebrations really, because living in the U.S. I can't go around throwing powder on EVERYONE, everywhere, and the Hindu groups sometimes get together for celebrations, but I'm always too busy to go with school and such, so I haven't been to one in a couple of years, but it's a lot of fun. :D

MusicianOfExtremes MusicianOfExtremes

It used to be the eighth month but then along came July and August. They pushed it back two months. That's why September, November and December are like that too.

DragonTicklee DragonTicklee

In response to “It used to be the eighth month but then along...

Julius and Augustus Caesar thought they should get their own months

TheTall123 TheTall123

^Yeah, what the guy above me said. It was Julius Caesar (hence the name "July") who created like 2 extra months, I believe they were july and august can't remember, after the 10 month system was in place. Caesar created the calendar system and fixed the flaws in it. I believe the first months (January-August), were all named after a God of some sort.

Supermannn Supermannn

In response to “^Yeah, what the guy above me said. It was...

Julius named july after himself, and Augustus named August after himself

flynSpaghettiMonster flynSpaghettiMonster

It's funny, because in Latin, "ianua" means door. And the "ia" is pronounced "ja" in Latin. A month about doors...

Whacka Whacka

In response to “It's funny, because in Latin, "ianua"...

Actually, if you are talking about January, it was named after the two faced god of doors, Janus, who looked back and forward, just as we look back at the last year and look forward to the next during the first month of the year.

LegalAlien LegalAlien

In response to “Actually, if you are talking about January...

Thats exactly how I looked at it. You're opening the 'door' to a whole new year and reflecting on the past.

Supermannn Supermannn

interestingly enough, Janus is the god of open doors...

NitaCallahan NitaCallahan

January may have been for the Roman god Janus, sometimes associated with the Greek god Hermes.

NitaCallahan NitaCallahan

Now that I think of it... it is pretty wierd

mc2147