Mod Team

• Source: cheezburger.com
  • Featured on the home page on Apr 28th 2012
  • Post Of The Day on May 27th 2012

razorsoftflynSpaghettiMonstercremep0pseastcoastctiscoolerHullabaloozoegoesrawrOffbeatToasterChoualidoodle23SpearmintMilkTruuninjakerouacali_dpeace_love_happinessPedo_Catx2502mansubmarinediscoPeanutButterBrowniessparesecondsLemon_cupcakeradgrlElena_Roger_AnneSugarKaitlynEmperorerrorhattrick36Mj1996awesomesocksDemonturkyThisBlackChickIchLiebeDichDragonTickleeghanygirl0120BlueJayWayLittleRedwhisperedtouchesDevilishEggsaywhenMemseyAlyssamaura17theycallmereemaSuzywaoHastyCroissantdontpanicPinkSpongeCherryBlossomlauren4004yeahithoughtso

Arabidsailoradvenger32PeanutButterRatiothisisnotaudreyEthanApple_PieRebeccaDeBellisDeathkittenblonde_zoedangercatDrewtafterawhilelivelovemusic12EustaceTruttaceousTemulenceAnnDeevaohaiiamthewalrussb123plano98DeathelfbbloveshugsmileycyruspointlessxxsickofdramaxxKoolKatWynautWarshonBookworm527RashedPeppergirl14Simz797coolstorytea_

Sarahniemann2006KashuJustBeingMaryKaitlynalltelllilypeachgeneApplescruffSledgeericccaaaamonstrositymaura17amielolgimme_sympathyOfcourseiamritemonika13NerrisshorkianSunnysideupJ_ZAScherryblasterRachelNthedoctormerlinelarnisRetardedKangaroolinkman317MsVerbalVomitsaywhenIgpay_AtinlayWatermelonSkyCherryBlossomInarimusicloverhaleyhsfstrawberrymooMontanaLittleRedDaniella_CaliforniaMeagansparesecondskingfor_besitosIrish_WolffPinkSpongemsfootball20nymets96SoupDragonTickleepsugirl
Consider this: If a woman has only male children, she is the first woman in an unbroken line of women going straight back to the dawn of humanity to not have a daughter. The reverse is true for fathers having only daughters. amirite?

"I don't know if you know this, Annie, but I come from a long line of mothers and wives."
"Most people do, Britta."

PinkSponge PinkSponge

that's pretty cool

flynSpaghettiMonster flynSpaghettiMonster

... Whoa. I never thought about this before. That's kinda neat!

Chou

I don't understand it. Please explain, I feel left out not knowing the coolness.

Anonymous

That happens a lot, though.

.

i come from a long line of fathers...

name name

In response to “i come from a long line of fathers...

You don't say?

B10ckH34d B10ckH34d

I feel bad for my dad now

Superhippo Superhippo

So that's why Molly Weasley kept trying for a daughter.

Fred_Weasley Fred_Weasley

Omg! I never thought of that! That's really cool!

hungergames333 hungergames333

It actually isn't quite so remarkable. Since the dawn of time one woman has had daughters or sons splitting the family name into dozens and eventually hundreds of little branches of that name. Every generation branches are broken by not having girls and branches are created by having daughters who have daughters. Through law of probability many of these branches have to break off every generation. So while your mom having all sons could break this long line of the eternity of your family name, your grandmothers sister may have done the same thing just one generation ago.

John_MacTavish John_MacTavish

In response to “It actually isn't quite so remarkable. Since...

Well yeah but it's still really cool.

Emperorerror Emperorerror

WTF? SOMEONE PLEASE DUMB THIS DOWN FOR ME! XD THANKS

Fragments_sissy

In response to “WTF? SOMEONE PLEASE DUMB THIS DOWN FOR ME! XD...

Sometimes people comment without reading the previous comments.

Anonymous

"Most people do, Britta."

PinkSponge PinkSponge

In response to “"I don't know if you know this, Annie...

Thank you for watching Community. Not enough people do

BurntToastCastle BurntToastCastle

You sir, rock. Community is the best show

burntbread burntbread

Ma'am, but yep. It's disappointing that Dan Harmon is leaving, though. Well, forced to leave. It really is an amazing show, and I think some of its soul is going to be ripped out along with its creator.

PinkSponge PinkSponge

I had to read this more than once to understand it. Interesting though!

notmuchnotmuch

It seems like the mods are trying to pick posts for POTD that will stimulate no conversation whatsoever.

Anonymous

This may be hard to believe, but I came from a long line of people that had children.

Ridge Ridge

In response to “This may be hard to believe, but I came from...

DUDE ME TOO. Let's start a club

MasterJ MasterJ

can we make jackets?

ScottyD

Yes. Matching leather jackets.

Ridge Ridge

Wait a minute, couldn't you just as well say, if there is a person that does not reproduce and have children, they are the first person in an unbroken line of people going back to the dawn of humanity not to have children?

Paradoxal Paradoxal

I though amirite was a place for questions. This is a statement. It could also be considered a demand.

crazyvt22

AM I THE ONLY ONE BOTHERED BY THIS USE OF " A WOMEN"?
YES?
Okay.

Shugah Shugah

In response to “AM I THE ONLY ONE BOTHERED BY THIS USE OF...

It bugged me too. (y)

ActionMan

Thanks for fixing it.
I cringed every time I read it.

Shugah Shugah

In response to “http://ctrlv.in/88717

Nope.

Admiral_Beena Admiral_Beena

That woman's great grandmother could have had only sons, who then had daughters. It depends on their family tree. This post could be true in some scenarios, but not all scenarios.

Eustace

In response to “That woman's great grandmother could have had...

It's true for every person ever born. The line of women wouldn't go through the sons of the great grandma it'd go through whatever chick they had their kid with.

MartellusBoss MartellusBoss

In response to “It's true for every person ever born. The...

And the woman who only had sons' sons would marry women and continue having kids, who could be girls. This post doesn't say that her sons don't marry and have kids.

Eustace

But her mother was a woman, and her mother's mother was a woman. The post isn't saying all of the woman's ancestors were women, but that there is a line of women continuing from the beginning of humanity.

Obviously her father wasn't a woman.

Anonymous

Yes, their sons would marry women, but those kids wouldn't be traced through the sons. They would be traced through their mothers, the sons' wives.

Everyone has a male and female parent. You don't trace the female lineage through the male parent. If you're saying that her sons' daughters disprove the post, that's incorrect. Having only sons has broken the chain of women with daughters. If you have ten pink dots, then one blue, then ten more pink, the chain of pink has still been broken.

Anonymous

In response to “Yes, their sons would marry women, but those...

I'm saying that the chain could have already been broken before.

A woman has only sons, so she's broken the chain of women. The sons have sons and daughters. Those daughters have only sons. Are you saying that the chain of women would be broken twice?

Eustace

Anyone feel like the last two or three POTD's have gotten a lot less votes and comments?
Is it the posts lacking luster or the people of amirite just disappearing?

Rainboots Rainboots

Anonymous

For some reason I read this as chicken like hens only have sons or
something. Reading it again carefully I noticed this is one of those mind blowing posts

Juliaface

Not true because all of the women before were not necessarily daughters from the same family line. A lot of them would have been married in from other branches of different families, so not all of the women before would have had a daughter.

Sledge Sledge

In response to “Not true because all of the women before were...

Again. You don't trace it through the patriarchal line. You trace it through the mothers. All of the mothers/grandmothers are not related to their husbands, but they are related to their own offspring. Only the women who are direct ancestors of the woman in question should be considered. Not all of them will have had daughters, but those ones are not the ones the post is referring to.

For instance, my mother is a woman who had a daughter. Her mother is also a woman who had a daughter. Her mother is also a woman who had a daughter. It's true that my father is a man who had a daughter, but that doesn't disprove the fact that my mother is a woman.

Anonymous

What about adoption?

StacytheHarlot StacytheHarlot

In response to “What about adoption?

ADOPTED KIDS STILL HAVE PARENTS!

MartellusBoss MartellusBoss

In response to “ADOPTED KIDS STILL HAVE PARENTS!

I was referring to people who can't have kids and so adopt. Say my mom was adopted, didn't know who her parents were, and had me. The line of women bearing baby girls IN MY FAMILY would be broken at my grandma's link, then sort of kind of "jump" to my mom, SORT, since she's adopted.

StacytheHarlot StacytheHarlot

In response to “What about adoption?

Biologically, this is still true. In the case of gay or single adoptive parents, this isn't always true.

Anonymous