sighcantthinkofanameNj513SobriquetRaWr8532lemmethinkCuban_BRunyStatefarmRashedAndromedapeace_love_happinessSimonsaxybandgeekPrincessDaisysubmarinediscoJess_DohertyEbb0SexyCakeAndSodomylucichmeemer147photoice89whisperedtouchesHastyCroissantaussiedon29002HPfolyfeFred_Weasleyjitterbug_145DemonturkyRainCloud_16alohomoramyheartBuddyCakesRedHMDuckyMaryDylanSaysHeepwahYamiAmyFelRebeccaDeBellislauren4004Hectic_GloweieioimdudeheadThisBlackChickbigdrummaboyNikola_Goddamn_TeslaDameequaHullabalooblonde_zoe

coolstoryHeat55waderunnerdudeVictoryAACWideAwakelivelovemusic12ilovenaniFaithfulx2502manNacklefoodleBetterThanEzra1119yeahithoughtsoSocksOnMyFeetDandyLionrewindthissongBenBiggsnataytaychiddybangiamthewalrus

KatOwnsYourSoulkingfor_besitosBlucatt
Kids should be allowed to play with whatever they want as long as it doesn't go to far. They can play with makeup, as long as they understand they shouldn't go out in public with it. They can watch shows where someone gets hit, as long as they understand they shouldn't hit others, amirite?

They should also be allowed to play with guns as long as they don't aim for the head.

WideAwake WideAwake

WideAwake WideAwake

In response to “They should also be allowed to play with guns...

Haha, I was thinking more along the line of "As long as they don't hurt anyone" but I guess you can raise your kids how you like, so long as it's legal.

sighcantthinkofaname OP

WideAwake, your comment makes absolutely no sense. Makeup is no big deal and does not hurt anybody, but yourself, and even then the worse that can happen is an occasional zit.

If you were talking about how it causes self esteem issues, then you still make no sense because that's not at all what the post was addressing.

mchalla3 mchalla3

In response to “WideAwake, your comment makes absolutely no...

I think you misread my comment.

WideAwake WideAwake

What? How does allowing kids to play with guns but not letting them aim for the head cause self-esteem issues? WideAwake was talking about how you can't just let kids do something and not expect them to take it too far. I think. Guns are still a bad influence, regardless of where you aim, and allowing kids to watch violent shows is a bad influence regardless of how many times you tell them not to hit. Also, his comment was a joke.

PinkSponge PinkSponge

In response to “What? How does allowing kids to play with...

How are guns a bad influence? If the child is educated (and I don't mean toddlers, obviously old enough to comprehend what they're doing) on what a gun is, and how dangerous it can be, why shouldn't they be allowed to shoot them? If they can be safe, and are completely supervised it should be fine

BurntToastCastle BurntToastCastle

PinkSponge, mchalla3 was talking about how makeup might cause self-esteem issues, not guns. Also, there's a huge difference between playing with a gun and playing with makeup. Guess what, I used to always use my mom's make up and put some on and play around and take pictures when I was a kid, and I'm 16 now and I barely ever put makeup on except on occasions. That didn't affect me in any way. Also, I used to watch wrestling, WWE, Raw, all the time since I was 6 and I always knew that it was all fake and acting; my parents used to tell me that the blood was ketchup and I believed that too. Well, I never attempted to fight anyone or do the tricks they did, and I'm as non-violent as anyone can be.

ufgmjgfn

In response to “PinkSponge, mchalla3 was talking about how...

Thanks ufgmjgfn. That is exactly what I meant.

mchalla3 mchalla3

That's how my parents were with TV shows/movies that cursed. They were fine with it because I knew not to use those words.

goodtime goodtime

I'm kind of torn about this. I still don't really believe in letting little kids watch violent shows. When kids are really young, they are beginning to form what they consider normal, so I don't think it's good for kids to see a lot of that stuff. But short of that, I agree.

foryoublue

Are we talking Tom and Jerry violent, or Texas Chainsaw Massacre violent?

LittleRed LittleRed

In response to “Are we talking Tom and Jerry violent, or...

I was actually thinking of super hero shows. My mom wouldn't let my brother watch Power Rangers because a kid in his class would go around punching people saying he was a Power Ranger.

sighcantthinkofaname OP

The question is, will they actually do the 'shouldn't' part?

Anonymous

I partially agree because those two examples work just fine and dandy, but the part of the post that I don't quite agree with is "Kids should be allowed to play with whatever they want".

Like I said, those two examples are peachy keen, but I would say, for example, that kids should not be allowed to play with guns, regardless of whether or not they know not to fire it. I don't know if that "whatever" part was supposed to be an exaggeration, but either way, the post is not entirely correct, as this doctrine should not apply to dangerous things.

Admiral_Beena Admiral_Beena

In response to “I partially agree because those two examples...

Whatever they want that doesn't disrespect or harm others?

sighcantthinkofaname OP

Cool!

Although I might add "or themselves" to the end of that.

Admiral_Beena Admiral_Beena

I agree with the sentiment but I don't see the big deal about makeup in public.

Suzywao Suzywao

In response to “I agree with the sentiment but I don't see...

Yeah, when I wrote that I was just thinking about the little kid putting on tons of makeup (Messy bright red lips and such).
I considered adressing all of these in the post, but I felt like it would have been way too long and overly specific.

sighcantthinkofaname OP