CherryBlossomAngeleSpearmintMilkLilblair16shelbyam118RainbootsEncore93K_Steezymakeup_nerdBonslyGuyJohnnymashThisBlackChickVanilla_FaceelephantsrowanneHullabalooParrocchettoctiscoolerLarryHiradgrlmidnightcookiesSergCuban_BMayeastcoastInu_chanMaryKateBurnettEmperorerrorx2502manKoalaHugger_trueshimmerchapstickRunyKristenAppleZachSuzywaolana_banana_nanamelisophoclesestel_thorongilREBEKKAHDeliaMacInnis98ChrisCoyoteTatum_MinusChanningStarlight_dragonAxolotlcanthinkSmartSpoonMissAwesomenesssansaCatbaaned

AwesomelyEpicCowboyGirlFrank_n_FurterSheCallsMeButtaCupThatbitchchloeroseJonesytakid244speckleasmesaywhenReadzoliveheadedsilvershadow6runnerdudeStatefarmAyebaybayRichardnotmuchnotmuchTrishGinevraWinniethePoohchocolatecakeisbadSnobbyDrugAddictKirstenAnnpikabeauRashedlucichshelbybuckffsstupid12345823ChaseSinclairSexyDramaGrl151pb55020death_or_gloryRachelisCoolishVolomoriGolfWangemilysoccer2Astronaut_WillSobriquetmUlAnftwMasterJhattrick36PsychochemicalerinliannaclareBrianHConnorABrownthat_girl_jsInfinityMadie

Nobody :(
Whether or not you have something against it, you probably won't have your son circumcised, amirite?

I'm really surprised so many people will not.

notmuchnotmuch

Not probably won't. I defiantly won't.

SpearmintMilk SpearmintMilk

In response to “Not probably won't. I defiantly won't.

You seem to feel strongly about this. Why exactly?

CherryBlossom CherryBlossom OP

My reasons include:
- The child has absolutely no choice in if he wants it done or not.
- It hurts them.
- Risk of infection while it is healing.
- Risk of complications that may lead to the **** being deformed.
- Decreased sensitivity of the ****.
- No definitive proof that it even has any medical advantages.
- It being "cleaner" isn't a reason as every guy should wash their junk anyway and if they don't it's going to be nasty either way circumcised or not.

SpearmintMilk SpearmintMilk

I watched this Law and Order SVU episode where they accidentally cut off too much and they ended up switching him to a girl and she grew up as a freak and she was so insecure and pushed someone off a roof.

BonslyGuy BonslyGuy

Let's not bring law and order fantasy in as fact. True they could grow up socially akward but let's not cite L&O:SVU

Jonesy Jonesy

I wasn't bringing it up as something to be taken as a real account of what circumcision does. I think I know the difference between fact and fiction, thanks.

BonslyGuy BonslyGuy

Just saying. They had a pretty factual conversation up there and then that popped in and my brain was like "now mathuw, wise Dat n der?" And I was like "gee I dnt now butter be a **** uf sum sort"

Jonesy Jonesy

There was a famous case where a boy (David Reimer) was born healthy and had his ** mutilated so badly during a circumcision that is was destroyed, so the doctors decided to do a ** re-reassignment surgery switching his genitalia and he was raised as a girl. He had major self identity issues and ended up committing suicide so that's probably what the SVU episode was based on.

SpearmintMilk SpearmintMilk

@Spearmintmilk: Wow, I never knew the name of the real case. That's pretty much how it went down in SVU. David Reimer had an identical twin, and so did the subject in SVU. In SVU, the girl never committed suicide, though. She and her brother were under investigation after it was found that she was almost raped and she had pushed her attacker off the roof of a building, killing him. Later in the show the whole identity crisis was discovered, and that the twins' psychologist was a freak.

BonslyGuy BonslyGuy

Yeah Reimer's psychologist was seriously ** up. He made the twins stimulate with each other when they were kids so that David would be taught how to have as a girl or some ** like that. I think there were a lot of factors that contributed to him committing suicide, his messed up gender identity, traumatic childhood, brother dying of an antidepressant overdose, wife wanting to separate. It's such a sad story.

SpearmintMilk SpearmintMilk

@SpearmintMilk Do you know for a fact that there is decreased sensitivity? Because I've heard many times that that is nothing more than a myth.

Sobriquet

@Sobriquet I've looked up quite a few studies and there is conflict so no I can't say for a fact, except the studies are all set up differently and measure different things so are going to come to different conclusions, like one that claimed that no sensitivity is lost measured the ability to get aroused by sexual images and the temperature of the ** when aroused so I don't really think that is very telling of actual sensitivity during . But it removes an area of skin that would contain thousands of nerves specialised for sexual contact so you would assume that it would have some impact at least. Although obviously guys who are circumcised still enjoy ** regardless of if there is a loss of sensitivity or not, and I think it depends on the individual as how much is lost (if it is). Still not something I'd like to impose on my son just in case.

SpearmintMilk SpearmintMilk

The sensitivity thing is true . Think of it like this , the foreskin protects the head from feeling any kind of stimulation. when the foreskin gets pulled back the **** feels all this stimulation at once. with uncircumcised, there's never no stimulation, its always being touched and what not even by clothes.

Anonymous

@Spearmint: Yeah that whole **** simulation thing was exactly what happened in SVU. Pretty disgusting, and a very sad story indeed.

BonslyGuy BonslyGuy

I think it's more about personal choice by the parents because the pros and cons even out in the end.

Anonymous

Honestly just wondering because I don't know much about the topic, but is there a reasoning other than religion for one to circumcise their son? Why do people do it?

Rainboots Rainboots

In response to “Honestly just wondering because I don't know...

One of the main reasons that I hear is that it prevents infection because the foreskin would be gone and it will stay clean with less effort, but that can be done by keeping it clean so it's not really necessary.

CherryBlossom CherryBlossom OP

Girls prefer it circumcised.

anon

To the anon above me, that seems like a really dumb reason to get one done. And I didn't think most girls probably had an opinion. I know I don't.

midnightcookies midnightcookies

Its a rite of passage for some cultures. Idk if that's the correct term for this since it happens at birth, but it's an identity thing for some cutures and religion

TalkingRice TalkingRice

Anon they look the same hard anyway so it doesn't matter if they are or not to me.

S&M

Whoops didnt see the "other than religion" part

TalkingRice TalkingRice

But with a desensitized **** he will last longer with the womens. But I don't care too much. Maybe thisyou converstation will sway me one way or the other.

Jonesy Jonesy

In response to “But with a desensitized **** he will last...

What if he never marries? Or has any relationships? That one materialistic benefit will certainly not outweigh all of the risks.

As they were saying in the aforementioned "factual conversation," it has risk of infection afterwards, and it hurts the child. Also, while circumcision can be done at an older age during which the child has a choice, the baby is helpless to something so life-altering. However, I usually don't agree with the "child has no say in this" argument, because I think that the parents have the responsibility to be responsible when it comes to their children, and do what is right for them.

Case in point, I won't have my son (or daughter, for that matter) circumcised.

BonslyGuy BonslyGuy

Guys can still last a long time without being circumcised, and circumcised guys can still have problems with premature **. Studies have shown that there is no significant difference between circumcised and non-circumcised men in how long they last during **.

SpearmintMilk SpearmintMilk

I really don't care either way. If my husband wants to, we'll get it done, but if he doesn't really care we probably just won't bother.

LittleRed LittleRed

In response to “I really don't care either way. If my husband...

I plan on leaving it up to my husband. I feel like he would make a better decision than I would.

GolfWang GolfWang

In response to “I plan on leaving it up to my husband. I feel...

I hope my better half doesn't plan on leaving it up to me to decide because I was going to ask her...

The way I see it, it's a choice between the social norm and potentially screwing up your child's **. I'm circumcised and don't care that I didn't have a choice in the matter. I'm satisfied with my and don't care if another guy's ** is different than mine.

Also, the reason they do it right after the boy's born is because the pain is very minimal and will not be remembered.

StickCaveman StickCaveman

Here in Britain, circumcising is definitely not the norm (it's seen as a thing only highly religious people do) but I honestly can't wrap my head around the amount of parents who think it's okay (or not an issue) to cut (perfectly normal) bits off their childrens' bodies.

Why not wait until they're older and they can choose? It's their body. Unless it is posing a massive risk to their physical or social well-being (which foreskins really don't; nobody over here seems to suffer greatly for it), what is the point in surgically altering somebody's body without their consent?

Chou

In response to “Here in Britain, circumcising is definitely...

I wouldn't like it if I wasn't, and I would question why my parents hadn't have had it done when I was a baby.

BrianH BrianH

Okay, but that's your choice. It's fine to want to be circumcised, and you have every right to have it done to yourself. But parents doing it when you're too young to give informed consent is forcing an unnecessary surgery onto you. Personally, I don't really think that's ethical.

Not being circumcised poses no serious threat, immediately or in the long-term. You can always get circumcised as an adult if you choose to, but you can't undo a circumcision your parents had done to you as a child. Isn't that taking away someone's choice about a rather serious issue - (non-essential) surgeries performed on their own body?

Chou

notmuchnotmuch

In response to “I'm really surprised so many people will not.

Yeah, honestly I'll do it to my son. Well, I'll have a doctor do it I mean. I'm circumsized and I don't see why people are so against it. I think it'd be weird to have that extra skin there or whatever it is exactly. That's just because I've never experienced it though. I personally think it'd be nicer without it. Life is pretty easy for me, and I heard that it gets super dirty if you don't clean it (not that I don't clean mine.)
But I will never really know

MasterJ MasterJ

amirite.net/336505
I actually thought this lol, but there were some good discussions about circumcision. A mother got convinced to NOT circumcise her son in the comments section. You should have a look before you're sure you wanna circumcise your child.

TalkingRice TalkingRice

People make it out to be so horrible, but honestly it isn't. Everyone needs to calm down and let parents make their own decision. My ** isn't up, and my life is very healthy. That has nothing to do with the foreskin on my **

MasterJ MasterJ

I think it's more about choice. "let the child decide for himself" etc

TalkingRice TalkingRice

Well I'll be his parent. It's my right to choose. It'll only be a baby. I'm sorry, I hear people say "let them choose" all the time. Honestly, if it hurts, they won't remember it once they're older, so what does it really matter? They aren't old enough to make rational (or any,) decisions on their own, so it's my job (as the parent,) to make the executive decision.

MasterJ MasterJ

Here in America, people do it because it's the norm now. I know that in the past, it would be done for religious purposes, but now I think people do it just because of the way it looks.

Anonymous

I think this post has a negative score because the majority of people who use amirite are American and circumcision is a cultural norm there.

S&M

I can't believe this is negative.

Emperorerror Emperorerror

Not probably won't; I definitely will.

silvershadow6 silvershadow6

Here in the UK, I don't know anyone who DOES have it circumcised.

Anonymous

It's interesting how all the girls commenting on this post are pretending to be experts about it.

Anonymous

In response to “It's interesting how all the girls commenting...

But it's really just circumcised versus uncircumcised, two options that are commonly practiced and that aren't necessarily right vs. wrong. I don't think it's really something that needs much expertise. For the individual it's based around ethics/morals/pros vs. cons etc. And these girls might be mothers in the future so the decision is still partly up to them so it's good that they're informed. I don't think anyone really needs a **** to know whether they'll get their son circumcised or not:P

CherryBlossom CherryBlossom OP

Actually there are some girls who are saying it leads to decreased sensitivity of the **** and that it's just as easy to keep it cleaned with or without the foreskin. How are they supposed to know how easy it is to keep clean?

Anonymous

Hi I'm one of those girls, I know how easy it is to keep clean because I've seen my boyfriend do it in the shower and his **** is always clean and he is not circumcised.

SpearmintMilk SpearmintMilk

I honestly think ** look better circumcised. However, I plan on adopting if I ever get married, so my child will keep whatever he has. Also, does anyone else find it a little weird discussing their potential child's ** sensitivity and pleasure? (jolly)

Galileo Galileo

In response to “I honestly think **** look better...

No, not weird at all, haha:P

And it's great that you plan on adopting, btw:D

CherryBlossom CherryBlossom OP

I would get my son circumcised no matter what! First I think it is disgusting to not be and I am also Jewish.

dipsy

I wouldn't. I am not circumcised and it's fine. I personally don't see the neccesity for it. It doesn't do anything. Really, it just removes the skin. You bathe everyday so it's clean. No medical advantage. And it cause the baby tremendous amount of pain so it's gonna keep crying for weeks. And it's **** loses some sensitivity and it may become deformed. But then again, I'm a guy so I have more "hands-on" experience. (pun intended)

SmartSpoon SmartSpoon

My son is circumcised. Is it keeping him any "cleaner" than he would be? Probably not, but it's definitely not destroying his life or ruining his confidence or anything else people have listed. Honestly, he really doesn't care one way or the other and neither do I. I don't see what the big deal is with this topic.

hiimbobiworkhere hiimbobiworkhere

In response to “My son is circumcised. Is it keeping him any...

It wasn't really meant to cause a debate, just to survey people on their preference and reasoning behind it. Most people on this site agree with you, so there is no reason to assume that you will be judged for it.

CherryBlossom CherryBlossom OP

I didn't assume that I would be judged for it, I was just reacting to the other comments (as well as other threads I've seen on this topic on the internet) and saying that I'm honestly confused why the whole circumcision thing is so controversial. People seem so angry about it. What's the big deal?

hiimbobiworkhere hiimbobiworkhere

I'm an American n pregnant n I will defffff have my son circumsized. most guys that I kno r n I've seen uncircumsized working in the field that I do. call me superficial but it looks weird. I don't want my son to b made fun of bc it is the norm here. also I have heard it prevents infection.

ashleekindt ashleekindt

In response to “I'm an American n pregnant n I will defffff...

Let's hope you work on that grammar of yours so you don't make yourself look like and idiot on your resume that might get you a decent job to provide for your child.

NSD

I don't really care what happens to my future child's foreskin. I will probably have it circumcised if the doctor asks, but if he doesn't, I won't. As for the pain and infection thing, I understand. But what if my son wants it circumcised? Then he just has to endure the same exact pain and same exact risk of infection (probably more of a risk because he's older and has a lot more going on that involve lower body movement) except at an older age. All in all, it doesn't matter to me. If it happens, so what? My son shouldn't get pissed just because he doesn't have as much foreskin as the next guy...

Anonymous