sx2ldepressingthoughtsEmerald_Kitsunesticky_koalaAUsernameOf18LettersLaughing_sporkEncore93cremep0pshello__emilyTae54CABSAREHEREGolfWangK_Steezyrowanneellephaba101kerouacRam27ScottyDKirstenAnnyeahithoughtsoOnePiecepkmnsaywhenStarlight_dragonbluedreamFred_WeasleyElena_Roger_BlucattEustaceRacellosuperkeeliEmperorerrorTheMuffinManCherrieBeeRealityAlyssaShannonIsAUnicornKatieKatiepeace_love_happinessimdestinee17EpicGymnastaznswimgirl123Lemon_cupcakestripedswe4terafterawhileshaygbryanKristeni_love_oodPsychochemicalsb123

corbinblanchard1theasexualslothJustinSaneEmptyMelodiesMarionameJonesySuzywaoLegit_LatinItsATrapiceeselenawizFlipFlopsAndSocksYeahIAmlucyjoanCanadiaNDPcrazychickenpantherfanaticLonelyIsland_pi_DontTellMeShowMecalebBossmanboxtopBlearslyrarerstacym25armtheangelsInu_chancoletteSpearmintMilkNacklefoodleBeaverMj1996_Jojo_StatefarmTYPOyesnomaybehernameisnoelleLinksLegionaireSuperSukhLoganHonoraryAsianrilarameemer147sparesecondspsuluver555cherryblasterLkunJess_DohertyTheVibeAlchemistPurpleMonkeys

Shadigoodtimecremep0psAUsernameOf18Letters
If you could have any laptop, for free, right now, you'd get a macbook pro or a macbook air, amirite?

Then I would sell it and buy new shoes.

Norma Norma

I don't know enough about either (Mac or Windows) to make a choice. I homepaged so I can see people comparing the two. Hopefully this wont turn in to a flame war.

Scientist Scientist

Just so you know you can install windows on a mac. So could have both on one system.

sx2l sx2l

In response to “Just so you know you can install windows on a...

Annnnd you can install OSX on a PC...

Mario Mario

Yes but that's a lot more complicated. You usually need something like virtualbox or VMware.

sx2l sx2l

In my experience, macs are more physically durable. Which is why you would install windows on a mac.

mchalla3 mchalla3

Yes it seems like the much better option.i don't own a mac but I w
would love one.

sx2l sx2l

Then I would sell it and buy new shoes.

Norma Norma

Ewwww. They are so mainstream and wack, yo.

Velociraptor Velociraptor

In response to “Ewwww. They are so mainstream and wack, yo.

What the hell...a hipster that doesn't use a Mac?

LinksLegionaire LinksLegionaire

I already have a MacBook pro. If I could, I would get some seriously expensive laptop (the kind really fancy computer people would use), and then sell if for half off.

iceeselenawiz iceeselenawiz

Wow, people... there's $10K+ laptops out there. Why the **** would you want a MacBook?

YeahIAm

In response to “Wow, people... there's $10K+ laptops out...

Higher price doesn't necessarily mean higher quality

Blucatt Blucatt

No, especially when you're buying a Mac. Anyway, when you look at the specs for those machines, they're crazy good.

YeahIAm

I just don't really think that's necessarily true

Blucatt Blucatt

Here's the specs Alienware laptop for less than $6.5K:

3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3920XM (8MB Cache, up to 4.1GHz Overclocked*)
32GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1600MHz
1.5TB SSD RAID 0 (3x 512GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD)
Dual 2GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 680M - SLI® Enabled
Slot-Loading Dual Layer Blu-ray Reader (BR-ROM, DVD+-RW, CD-RW)

Here's the specs for a maxed out MacBook Pro:

2.7GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.7GHz
16GB 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM
768GB Flash Storage
Apple USB SuperDrive
(no blu-ray player)

I'm sure there's more expensive laptops out there with better specs, but that's just a brand I know of off the top of my head.

YeahIAm

In response to “Here's the specs Alienware laptop for less...

Went into JB the other day, saw an Alien Laptop. Realised it was about 10x better than my PC. Then I was sad. Really sad. I went home and was sad.

cazhaztoez cazhaztoez

Im not a nerd, do I don't know what any of those mean.

Blucatt Blucatt

If you don't know what any of those mean, you probably shouldn't be arguing with me about them...

What they basically mean, though, is the Alienware laptop is by far superior.

YeahIAm

So, what do they mean?

Blucatt Blucatt

Just look at the numbers... a huge oversimplification is this:

4.1GHz > 3.7GHz
32GB RAM > 16GB RAM
1.5TB of Storage > 768GB of Storage
Blu-Ray player > No Blu-Ray player
Dual 2GB GDDR5 > 1GB of GDDR5 (didn't include memory card spec in previous post for MacBook)

If you actually want to know what they mean, Wikipedia them.

YeahIAm

Alienware was exactly what I was thinking of. Even if for some reason (read: you know nothing about computers) you would prefer to have a Macbook, you could just sell it.

Axolotl Axolotl

Pfft, there are PC laptops with 24gb RAM. MacBooks are nothing.

CanadiaNDP CanadiaNDP

In response to “Pfft, there are PC laptops with 24gb RAM...

RAM isn't everything. Sure, you could have 24 gb ram, but if it is a silly dual core CPU and a wack Graphics, you might as well throw it away

ifailedmymaths

Well, obviously I would look at all the other specs. I assumed that the laptop with the 24gb RAM had the required parts to run it or else it will be useless. That would be like putting 10L of milk in a small cake. It would be more liquid and no one would eat it. Bad analogy, but I hope you get the gist.

CanadiaNDP CanadiaNDP

I got a MacBook pro today. It was $2000 though.

Anonymous

In response to “I got a MacBook pro today. It was $2000 though.

Same here! And it's my first mac so I'm excited to use the operating system.

Kaitlyn Kaitlyn

me too me too. #newstudents

Anonymous

Yeah, because then I could sell it ridiculously overpriced and buy a better PC that ran Windows.

Aww yeah (cool)

Emperorerror Emperorerror

In response to “Yeah, because then I could sell it...

Macs can run windows.

AppAwesome

"better PC"

The hardware is overpriced in Macs because it's Apple and people have such a massive circle jerk around Apple.

Emperorerror Emperorerror

All the high school students at my school have MacBooks. It's really annoying and unnessasary.

Mack_Attack

**** that, i'd get the razer one just cause it's so stupidly overpriced that it can atleast handle some games that i play

mr_e mr_e

I have a MacBook Air, so no. I'd rather have a Sony VAIO Z.

Logan Logan

In response to “I have a MacBook Air, so no. I'd rather have...

Not VAIO. Anything but. I'm on a VAIO computer right now, and I hate it relentlessly. I really do.
HP makes better PCs, in my experience. Of course, those are the only two brands I've ever had, so I'm probably not the best person to consult.
But still, VAIO is an abomination.

ctiscooler ctiscooler

What's wrong with your computer, specifically? Because I've never had any brand besides Apple and Dell, both of which have worked fine for me.

Logan Logan

I've had a few VAIOs, and consistently they all suffer from the Blue Screen of Death frequently, attract viruses like magnets, and harass you with VAIO pop-ups no matter how many times you tell them you don't want it. Each one has had its own little unique traits, though, like crashing if I try to go to a website in a new tab too quickly and getting their shift keys permanently stuck. VAIO just gives me a headache.

ctiscooler ctiscooler

HP's are better than VAIOs? I disagree.
My dad has a VAIO netbook, and it's not great, it disconnects from the internet randomly and takes a while to start up, but it's certainly better then the HP we had that died after about a month, completely kaput, wouldn't start up or anything. And my old HP's battery totally died, I had to have it plugged into the mains if I wanted to use it, and the screen was glitchy, would go purple if I tilted it, and took ages to start.
My mum has a Toshiba that's lasted for years, but by far the two best laptops in the house are my sister's Macbook Pro, and my Air,

PocketPie PocketPie

Oh yeah, I remember my HP's battery died, as well. I'm in no way an authority on computers, but all I know is that my experience with VAIO has been an extremely negative one, and my experience with HPs was slightly less so.
I have an Air for school, and I don't like it. Although I just don't like the Mac operating system, which is really just a matter of opinion. The only non-opinion-related thing I can say about it is that it isn't as durable as people claim it is. I hardly ever touch it since I already have my PC, but I've had to get parts replaced constantly because it can't take a three-foot drop.

ctiscooler ctiscooler

HP is probably the worst that you could buy. (not the worst but you get my drift). They're so terrible, don't work very well and you don't get very good service with them. My mum works for HP and we're always like wow we would never buy an HP.

Kaitlyn Kaitlyn

Contrary to popular belief, there are computers out there that are better than a Mac/PC.

cherryblaster cherryblaster

Macs are physically durable, so that's why.

mchalla3 mchalla3

No just because I already have one. So I would get some kind of ridiculously high tech computer that I probably wouldn't even know how to use.

PurpleMonkeys PurpleMonkeys

In my experience, Macs last a really long time. And the fact that you don't even need an antivirus cause they don't get viruses is great. Unless you're a hardcore software user, you're not going to need much ram and all that other shit. It's pretty convenient for the people who use the computer for the Internet and shit.

Boufaka Boufaka

MacBook Pro. I regret getting the Air, but I still love it to bits.

Erin Erin