bbhatti12Snicker_creative_username_SoupPocketPieilikefurrywolves4815ScientistsaywhenShannonIsAUnicornLove_SickboomboomroomAnneArkyKirstenAnnGraverottiRainbootsMusicIsAGiftBigTRexWhatTheSpootcazhaztoezMeGustaAMIRITEdeeviantDylanSaysHeepwahStarlight_dragonmakeup_nerdDeathelfx2502manIcelIdling_Rocket_Shipcheshire_catihatebakaslanaStanleyBVBGryndStoneBun10coletteLillienymets96turnipToniBalonisprite590fieldhockeychick77foolwithdreams_GiggityGoo22maumauMayapeace_love_happinessEmptyMelodiessb123OffbeatToasterafterawhile

CherryBlossomTrishiamthewalrusSpearmintMilkabbeydCherrieBeesilvershadow6JuliafacemileycyrusfEMMAnistSewcdfCuban_BQeezEvan17

lanaNinjaAssassinBlucattSulk
Honestly speaking, the whole "love your body" has gone too far. It's not healthy for you to be 200 plus pounds. I'm not saying to starve yourself, but don't kill yourself by overeating, amirite?

I essentially agree with OP, but drawing the line at 200 is just ridiculous. I know a guy who weighs 220 pounds but his bmi is in the normal range because he is really tall.

deeviant deeviant

wow, 200 lbs is where you draw the line, well than by that definition 90% of all professional football players are morbidly obese. Hell, everybody in the weightlifting division at the Olympics is unhealthy too. Health is way more than fat. Healthy is the condition of the body lungs heart, head, etc.

Qeez Qeez

In response to “wow, 200 lbs is where you draw the line, well...

Obviously, I was talking about the people who are not atheltes. Majority of the people in the world who are 200lbs+ are overweight in the sense that don't workout. I understand the definition of being healthy. The fact that you are taking this post to its literal meaning is ridiculous.

bbhatti12 bbhatti12 OP

In response to “Obviously, I was talking about the people who...

**** you, on behalf of tall people everywhere.

Anonymous

In response to “**** you, on behalf of tall people everywhere.

Can't we all just get along?

pingu777 pingu777

No, it's not ridiculous. I know plenty of normal guys who weigh over 200 pounds and are perfectly healthy and fit. The majority of people in this world that are over 200 pounds are not obese; you're just talking out of your **** now.

Anonymous

200 pounds is not morbidly obese. Overweight, yes, but not obese.

partinobodycular partinobodycular

deeviant deeviant

How about we say people who have a body fat percentage of over 30% for females and over 25% for males because that's what constitutes as overweight

Naggs Naggs

In response to “How about we say people who have a body fat...

Out of curiosity, why is the percentage higher for men?

mchalla3 mchalla3

In response to “****.

There are that many women who have size DD and higher? I didn't know that :/

mchalla3 mchalla3

In response to “There are that many women who have size DD...

It was a joke. On a serious note, I'm pretty sure that women naturally have a higher ratio of fat on their body. Breasts are an example of this. It's for child bearing and whatnot.

ThatDylanGuy ThatDylanGuy

In response to “It was a joke. On a serious note, I'm pretty...

Oh. I guess that makes sense.

mchalla3 mchalla3

In response to “Out of curiosity, why is the percentage...

You mean why is the ratio at 25%, which is lower, for men? Men have testosterone which, makes men, men and also helps build muscle at like 5x the rate women do. This muscle subsequently helps burn fat. Simply put the average man will have more muscle than avg. woman. Scientifically, speaking it was probably more beneficial for women to have larger stores of fat in order to keep babies alive during times of hunger.

Qeez Qeez

In response to “You mean why is the ratio at 25%, which is...

That was a well put answer! Thanks :D

mchalla3 mchalla3

I completely agree. It is especially annoying when you claim that you need to lose some weight because you have become fluffier as a result of sitting on you **** and playing video games all summer and some random fake-nice lady interjects and states that you shouldn't worry about that and love your body. Way to encourage unhealthy behaviour. *tsk tsk*

lana lana

Wow I knew people were going to come and post all of the exceptions..

GiggityGoo22 GiggityGoo22

You should lose weight for health reasons, not image reasons. You should be able to acknowledge that you are at an unhealthy weight without hating yourself for it.

partinobodycular partinobodycular

All of you are completely ridiculous, you know she/he just choose that weight . It is implied that if you are tall and/or in healthy shape regardless of weight then you are not apart of this group she has set. She/He is simply saying those people who are not healthy and over their bmi ( not muscle) should be working on getting/feeling healthy. If you are over 200 lbs and already feel healthy then this post isn't directed at you.

Plainme Plainme

In response to “All of you are completely ridiculous, you...

Thank you. Also, I didn't think I had to be so politically correct for the people of Amirite. It's really sad.

bbhatti12 bbhatti12 OP

In response to “Thank you. Also, I didn't think I had to be...

I understand. People nitpick if they don't like what you have to say.

Plainme Plainme

Well it does concern me because i know a lot of people over 200 who are incredibly healthy. However, the OP said that they were unhealthy, simply because of their weight, this is inherently a false statement. And i do hope you'll find that when you make a false statement, especially on a site called Amirite, people are going to be compelled to correct you.

Qeez Qeez

If someone wants to be unhealthy and love their body, just **** let them.

Jess

Oh man, you guys need to move to the future. Im sitting here like 'Holy shit! People that are 200 lbs must be HUGE!' Then I googled how much it was in kilos and I was like. 'Oh... well... wat?'

I think using BMI is what determines if someone is healthy or not.. Scientist spent time to figure out a system that works, and it does. So why don't we use it?

cazhaztoez cazhaztoez

In response to “Oh man, you guys need to move to the future...

And I'm being serious about the future thing

cazhaztoez cazhaztoez