Add Amirite to your Browser

RockyThisBlackChickB3CKVHCuban_BQuaintPancakesThatOneNutFavvkesPhilboydStudgeerusolopointlessyeahithoughtsoSillikiamthewalrusPrincessMidgieElizabethhhShannonIsAUnicornsmiles97Irish_WolffwilmanamefitelarnisDeadpoolAltoid_Freak_250KooziemashmaumauCocaia12912lucyjoanWatchful_questioneeryesnomaybepartinobodycularhattrick36BuffyInTheTARDISCanadiaNDPLovelyLexie007jpn518KashuStarkiller731thatguysthedoctormerlinhimANDhisUKEits_meBandgeekeggsFailAtLifehaleyhsfshelbybuckffsJankofettPiperTheSlayerSergPsychochemicalrosebud

YeahIAmWinniethePooheldoritochiddybang

wilmanamefitshelbybuckffsmaumaumattreynoldsBlucattlivelovemusic12CaptainspadevatoreHelveticabunPhilboydStudgeB3CKVH
Thomas Jefferson once said, "“The purpose of government is to enable the people of a nation to live in safety and happiness. Government exists for the interests of the governed, not for the governors.” The same is true of a website's owners and users, amirite?

How much do you want to bet this will be deleted?

QuaintPancakes QuaintPancakes

QuaintPancakes QuaintPancakes

In response to “Probably :/

It won't, he understands that everybody hates it when he does that, so he's stopped deleting posts.

Pergenstein Pergenstein

In response to “It won't, he understands that everybody hates...

If that's true, then it took him a pretty long time to understand such a basic concept.

boxtop

In response to “How much do you want to bet this will be deleted?

I had a post deleted, because they claimed it didn't have a yes/no answer...it's bizarre. yesterday I saw a post somewhere that just said "I'm Hungry, amirite?" - that's stupid. Mine was actually just an observation about people in movies and tv shows not using mice, but tapping away at the keyboard to do everything on a computer...deleted. They DO make some pretty nonsensical deletions sometimes, and some really really crap POTDs

TommyUK1234 TommyUK1234

In response to “I had a post deleted, because they claimed it...

Well, today's POTD is pretty good.

Pergenstein Pergenstein

In response to “Well, today's POTD is pretty good.

Yeah that one's in my favourites. But there was one I was thinking of in particular about babies coming out of cupboards or something which was just cringe-worthy - like a 14 year-old trying desperately to be funny....eugh. But I think I was tentative enough when I added "some" to 'really crap POTDs" haha

TommyUK1234 TommyUK1234

Woah, hey there Rocky. Long time, no see really, except for rare occasions.

thatguys thatguys

The purpose of a website is to make money... and people can choose the website they use while they can't choose their government.

YeahIAm

In response to “The purpose of a website is to make money...

Slow your role there, buddy. Anthony didn't make this website for money.

thatguys thatguys

In response to “Slow your role there, buddy. Anthony didn't...

I'm pretty sure it's not Ant this post is talking about though.

Infinity Infinity

In response to “I'm pretty sure it's not Ant this post is...

I'm aware of that. I'm saying that Anthony's purpose wasn't for money. If they do change the purpose, then we no longer have the same owner/user relationship the post is talking about, and the post would be invalid.

thatguys thatguys

What, you think you didn't Anthony didn't care at all about making money? Making websites is his **** job.

YeahIAm

In response to “What, you think you didn't Anthony didn't...

Not caring about making money and making the website for that purpose are two totally different things.

I really don't know how to debate or argue this. Stating that Anthony made amirite? for money is just a wrong fact. There's nothing more to it. You can keep saying it's correct, but it isn't.

thatguys thatguys

In response to “Not caring about making money and making the...

I'm 100% sure that was one of his goals. I doubt it was his only one and it may not have even been his main goal, but you cannot deny that.

YeahIAm

HATERS BE HATIN'

CarshayD CarshayD

In response to “HATERS BE HATIN'

Haha (:

Rocky Rocky OP

The difference is the website is paid for and owned by one person, not those that use it. The country is owned by the people, not the government

WinniethePooh WinniethePooh

In response to “The difference is the website is paid for and...

While the OP makes plenty of mention of "government" and whatnot, I don't believe he's saying that a website is EXACTLY like a government, but more the attitude of its creator and manager need to remain the same - that the website is created for the benefit of its users. And like government, the owners (governors) interests are actually better met by first meeting the needs of the users (people) - i think it's a good comparison

TommyUK1234 TommyUK1234

In response to “While the OP makes plenty of mention of...

I look at it more like every business's motto: "The customer is always right." No customers means no revenue. The owner of a company has every right to do what he wants with his company (unlike governors), but it's in his best interests to listen to what his customers want so that he can provide it and keep them coming back to do business with him.

StickCaveman StickCaveman

In response to “I look at it more like every business's...

But by that logic you could also say therefore that business owners in fact CAN'T do whatever they like, because of what's reallyin their best interest. The freedom to do something and the ability to do something are quite different. For example, legally speaking the Queen of England could choose anyone to be prime minister and it would be totally legal and enforcable. But, she doesn't, because convention prevents her from enacting what is her RIGHT. Business owners have the rights you're talking about, but can't actually always act on them...

TommyUK1234 TommyUK1234

Anonymous

My country's crap current government exists mostly for the governors.

silvershadow6 silvershadow6

Continue