timronscirca09fireflyrageB3CKVHPrincessMidgieriteamieldoritoTruuninjahaleyhsfAmberLouchiddybangsb123HappyChuckTomBub

Frank_n_FurterCaitlinMusicIsAGiftevan123cookiedoughyomumsuxfaithnamedmeLenBlearslyrarerCocaia12912AdonisBatheusActionMancoasterkidmarashmallowSergPuroboricua13Nikola_Goddamn_Teslaellephaba101justwondering28smotbrunetterox915runnerdudeStephanieIsAmazingItsATrapilovepotatoeseaf5050TommyUK1234tyreeshajonesParrocchettoBasunoStatefarmemilysoccer2marianlolzcaylarose_pi_Encore93_Ashlie_UmmmmUmUmUmUmmmmmmmtagJankofettCgymnast7Katieersmiles97anime_6BraveArchermonica_is_WJLLAnnajoy97BandgeekeggsafterawhileTARDIS

B3CKVH
I don't think cell phones should be allowed in schools. Cell phones make it easier for students to cheat, and with land line phones in the offices, students don't truly "need" their cell phones with them.

I almost got kidnapped walking home from school. If I had a cell phone, I could have just called the cops instead of being followed around being told to get in the car while he called me baby. If it hadn't been for the two women who pulled up behind him and followed him to a burger king and called the cops, I probably wouldn't be here. Should we ban pens too because kids can use them to write answers on their hand? That's just stupid. This post is stupid.

Frank_n_Furter Frank_n_Furter

Frank_n_Furter Frank_n_Furter

Because you can't, I don't know, take the student's cell phone in the exam room?

MusicIsAGift

If there's a semi-attentive teacher in the room, it's unlikely that anyone would dare to use a cell phone on a test.

A more pressing issue is the distraction they cause, but students are going to find a way to distract themselves no matter what.

YeahIAm

Let's consider the recent event...

Now, you're in school. Nobody has their cell phone. Shooter comes in and kills the people in the front office. He takes over the microphone and threatens the bomb the school.
Nobody has their cell phone.
N o b o d y h a s t h e i r c e l l p h o n e.
"Oh, but the teacher--" Some teachers don't even bother buying cell phones or bringing them to school. And I have teachers who bring them to school but keep them somewhere outside the class to keep them safer.

So what then? Not every school has built-in phones, either. I guess the bombs go off, police can't do anything, oh well. Too bad.

Cell phones should be very much allowed in school for many reasons besides just emergencies such as that rare instance.

For example:

• Research (if they have access to 3G or 4G like I do, or if the school has wi-fi)
• The ability to talk to their parents about important or school-related topics (for instance, "I left my homework at home" so they can bring them to you)
• Not as big, but some teachers of mine allow us to use our phones for games when we finish work early

Weighing the pros and cons, the pros definitely outweigh the cons.

AdonisBatheus AdonisBatheus

You obviously never encountered the God awful situation when it's the first day of school and you can't find your friends anywhere!

StephanieIsAmazing StephanieIsAmazing

In response to “You obviously never encountered the God awful...

I like how some of the earlier examples were "I was almost kidnapped" and "What if there was a shooting?" and you're like, "What if I can't find my friends?" (hehe) (hehe)

Statefarm

In response to “I like how some of the earlier examples were...

Lets be honest, what are the chances of a grown adolescent being kidnapped from school?

It's much more common for them to be lost without their friends.

StephanieIsAmazing StephanieIsAmazing

My school allows cell phones. You're just not allowed to use them, like every other school.

My school also has cell phone jammers for those hard headed chitlins, making cell phones useless regardless. The staff, they're on to us.

leonard leonard

Easier to cheat, my ****. Teachers have the eyes of vultures. VULTURES.

BuddyCakes BuddyCakes

Ok so let's say that every person in school went without a cell phone. Can you imagine the commotion that would ensue with everyone and their dog waiting in line at the main office to make a phone call?

"Gosh I've been here two hours, maybe I should just walk home instead of having my mom come pick me up."

"I've been standing in line for so long, I forgot why I even needed to use the phone."

Idiots. I hope anyone who thinks this is a good idea trips off a curb and gets their legs ran over by a double-decker bus. I also hope it's right outside of a school where NO ONE WILL HAVE THEIR CELL PHONES TO CALL AN AMBULANCE. And no using the main office phone, there's already an hour long wait to make a call.

AquariusSpring

In response to “Ok so let's say that every person in school...

Sir, I think you need to calm the **** down.

Statefarm

I've never owned a cell phone in my life and it's pretty great. phones have just completely taken over our lives so that when I would look out at all the students in the cafeteria more than half had their heads buried in their phones. and all I have is a deck of cards which is way more valuable than a damn phone.

mattreynolds mattreynolds

That's just too extreme. Like people already said above, emergencies occur and phones may be helpful in such cases. As for cheating, phones should be turned off for exams (collected if necessary) and kept on silent and hidden in your bag during class.

Altoid_Freak_250 Altoid_Freak_250

Remember that camp that had a shooting somewhere in northern europe, where 15+ people died? Consider that.

So if your school/camp/job had a shooting, and earlier that morning you got in a huge fight with your brother, sister, parent, etc., would you rather die with them angry at you, or would you say something like "just in case I die, i love you blah blah"

_Lord_Voldemort_ _Lord_Voldemort_