1945511754DWFiamveryawesomeeaf5050robertohoskinsChuckTomBub

Mike_HawkLenMusicIsAGiftAtheisticMysticPhilboydStudge

Nobody :(
People should NOT date their cousins. Amirite?

If you're only cousins by marriage and aren't related by blood, I don't think anything bad could come of it.

ItsATrap ItsATrap

*siblings

fuzala fuzala

In response to “*siblings

Them too!

1945511754 OP

People should NOT tell other people what they can and can't do if it doesn't affect them.

I could have guessed you were from the United States. I'm pretty sure this is the only country where relationships between cousins aren't socially acceptable.

Besides, the actual biological reason we are not attracted to our family members depends upon growing up around them. Separate a brother and sister at birth, then they would probably be attracted to each other if you introduced them a few decades down the line. I don't know about you, but I don't think most people grow up with their cousins constantly around.

Mike_Hawk Mike_Hawk

In response to “People should NOT tell other people what they...

Why run the risk to cause an innocent child to have birth defects???? Which does happen with closely related cousins. Good thing you don't live in the U.S. because you most defiantly would be patronized for recklessly endangering any future children. There's a reason most states in the U.S. have a law against marring you're first cousin

Anonymous

In response to “Why run the risk to cause an innocent child...

It's such a small risk, honestly. Many studies show the the risk increase is less than 2%. I DO live in the United States. I was born and raised here. Do you realize how many things the average person does to endanger potential future children? There's no law against drinking or smoking while pregnant (that I know of), so why should such a tiny factor be outlawed? "There's a reason X is outlawed" is such a ridiculous argument. You have no idea why anything is outlawed. There are a hundred reasons that may not be related to what you think.

Mike_Hawk Mike_Hawk

I have relatives from other countries and they do not engage in relationships with their cousins nor other family members. Do not speak for every country in the world. In fact ONLY 20% of all marriages around the world are between cousins.People shouldn't have sexual relationships (Which often accompanies dating, at least here in the U.S) with their close cousins because it DOES cause introduction to birth defects due to similar genes causing recessive traits to come up. Perhaps in your eyes helpless children born with birth defects who will fight life long battles consisting of everyday tasks (Believe me I know, My niece has severe down syndrome. [Not due to interfamily relations] She is a wonderful girl but struggles daily) but I do not believe that is right. It's completely selfish of two people to engage in sexual relations knowing they run the risk of harming a child. (Not to mention, A lot people do not know how to take care of these special needs children) I suppose drug use and drinking during pregnancies is okay as well in your perspective?? Because both have the same effect on unborn children. It's child abuse. Which is not sociably or MORALLY acceptable in the U.S.

1945511754 OP

ALSO you live in the U.S. So do not try to condome me for living here. And I guess you think it's okay for people to murder, rape, and molest other people too right? Because you think "People should NOT tell other people what to do"? Well here's a bit of reality for you, Most laws are in place to protect us. I'm not talking about all laws, because some are pretty stupid. If you don't authority, then you're in some pretty deep shit, because no matter where you go, there's always some sort of authority. The world would be absolute chaos without.

1945511754 OP

In response to “ALSO you live in the U.S. So do not try to...

I like how you just equated wanting people to be able to be in a relationship with their cousins to wanting people to be able to murder and rape. I was going to try having a reasonable discussion here, but that went out the window before it even started.

Mike_Hawk Mike_Hawk

You're so mature, in fact, that you decided to go through my posts and spam stupid comments! That's a great method of conflict resolution.

Mike_Hawk Mike_Hawk

In response to “You're so mature, in fact, that you decided...

I didn't do anything kid.

1945511754 OP

In response to “I didn't do anything kid.

Oh, so you just happened to comment on a very old post of mine at the exact same moment some anonymous person was spamming old posts of mine and then immediately delete your comment? My bad.

Mike_Hawk Mike_Hawk

In response to “Oh, so you just happened to comment on a very...

Yeah I did scan through you're post but I didn't delete anything. I spam with a link of a photo of spam, which I will do now, But I don't do anon

1945511754 OP

ItsATrap ItsATrap

In response to “If you're only cousins by marriage and aren't...

with identical twins, they share about 100% genetically
siblings share about 50%
first cousins drop down to about 12.5%

I don't encourage breaking any laws though

fuzala fuzala

In response to “with identical twins, they share about 100%...

Really? Me and my cousins are a lot more alike than me and my sister are. Me and my sister are also cousins (wary)

ItsATrap ItsATrap

In response to “Really? Me and my cousins are a lot more...

I was shocked because I thought first cousins were 25%

could you explain how she's also your cousin?

fuzala fuzala

In response to “I was shocked because I thought first cousins...

I would have thought more too.

Our dads are brothers.

ItsATrap ItsATrap

In response to “I would have thought more too. Our dads are...

I'm assuming you have the same mom?

fuzala fuzala

In response to “Yep

I wonder how much would be shared genetically if two cousins had moms that were sisters and dads that were brothers

fuzala fuzala

In response to “no it's 12.5%...

Oh. Well I was told 25.

1945511754 OP

Once it gets past 3rd cousins I really don't care.

BuddyCakes BuddyCakes

The world would be a much nicer place if people would just worry about themselves, and how they behave, instead of focusing on how others behave.

My next door neighbor could be screwing his dog. I don't care, so long as it doesn't hurt me. The right of his fist ends very near the bridge of my nose.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

In response to “The world would be a much nicer place if...

I don't know.. if my neighbor has been fisting his dog I don't want it too close to my nose.

Wunderscore Wunderscore