Mod Team

xxdetroitxxPhilboydStudgeBlindMistMusicIsAGiftKeltonDuncaneaf5050faithnamedmeCocaia12912Annajoy97PiperTheSlayertagsmiles97mileycyruslivelovemusic12dancing_phalangesBetterThanEzra1119BlacklightsAndQueensrawrsararawr10170riteamiRachhSpatulaCitySaddlesore92pointlesscaylarosecoasterkidslaircookiedoughMayasuperkeeliSlewisrilaraMehhhEncore93Nikola_Goddamn_TeslalovereadingKristeniluvhockeyeastcoastJabberjayItsATrapnitamarie75LAWLZAttackbarbaraseidelmanGLaDOSChuckTomTiffaneeBub

WunderscoreLenballet_apocalypseCuban_BB10ckH34dWinniethePoohGlungoAltoid_Freak_250TylerMayhemDurdenVicZincOozyRatArnoldVanDerWalt

cookiedoughSaddlesore92
The songs you like the most are the ones that you feel somehow they relate to how you feel or what you've been through, amirite?

I live an extremely sheltered life, and I have never heard a song that really reminds me of myself. I guess the closest I've heard is Wide Open Spaces by the Dixie Chicks; I like the song but its not one of my favorites. But I've never had ****, had someone exceptionally close to me die, been in love, been heartbroken, or anything which is the theme of many songs.

Wunderscore Wunderscore

Wunderscore Wunderscore

In response to “I live an extremely sheltered life, and I...

You sound a lot like me. Although sometimes there are parts of songs I know that are about such things that I still find relatable if taken out of context, if that makes sense.

Cocaia12912 Cocaia12912

That doesn't mean you haven't ever felt anything.

BetterThanEzra1119 BetterThanEzra1119

In response to “That doesn't mean you haven't ever felt anything.

True, but basically all of my favorite songs have almost no relationship with my life other than me liking the song.

Wunderscore Wunderscore

In response to “True, but basically all of my favorite songs...

Huh. That's kind of weird to me. Just out of curiosity (yeah, probs spelled that wrong), what are some of your favorite songs?

BetterThanEzra1119 BetterThanEzra1119

In response to “Huh. That's kind of weird to me. Just out of...

Probably my three favorite songs are Skinny Love, Across the Universe, and Winter Winds.

Wunderscore Wunderscore

Consider yourself lucky (y)

xxdetroitxx xxdetroitxx OP

You may just be listening to the wrong kind of music.

pointless pointless

My favorite song for a long time was "It Doesn't Make It All Right" by the Specials. "Some people think they're really clever/To smash your head against the wall/And then they say 'You have it my way'/They really think they know it all."

MusicIsAGift

Most of my favorite songs are either about heartbreak or europop sounding dance hits, neither or which relate to my life at all.

Altoid_Freak_250 Altoid_Freak_250

In response to “Most of my favorite songs are either about...

You can still relate to those songs in some way. Haven't you ever felt sad? Maybe not sad about the same things, but still the same feeling? Or upbeat dance songs. Haven't you ever felt the need to dance? Haven't you ever felt happy?

BetterThanEzra1119 BetterThanEzra1119

In response to “You can still relate to those songs in some...

Not really that same level of sadness and energy that are present in those songs. I guess I was focusing on the emotions of the songs themselves instead of branching out into the entirety of the emotion like you did.

Altoid_Freak_250 Altoid_Freak_250