Skr3wBallAmiriteHappyfaithnamedmeLinksLegionaireWitty_sobCocaia12912Evieakashanonymouscookiedough_Jojo_Kiwimango9ZachNSC14DistinctionskristinStickCavemanrilaraFaithfulJacobColleyMyraniaCombatSkillNikola_Goddamn_Teslasaywhenjustwondering28mileycyrusrawrsararawr10170EthanShalissaKoolKatthisisnotaudreyCrystalblue97BlacklightsAndQueensballet_apocalypseWinniethePoohB10ckH34dSarcasm_on_iceDevonHollandershadowmario580runningoutofspaceawesome_epicnessriteamislairMayaWatchful_questioneerI_LOVE_TO_SING_nurulsyafiqailovepotatoesOozyRatEthanDaesuperkeeli

livelovemusic12swiss_girlsilverspoondeath_or_gloryPiperTheSlayerImpalalevi1guitarplayer213HeyJud3Basunocatherinecathcarrottop7797FluoxetineLance_bitnerhdeBJ

WinniethePooh
Just because you don't support marriage rights for gays doesn't mean you hate them, amirite?

No. It means you are intolerant.

VicZinc VicZinc

No. It means you are intolerant.

VicZinc VicZinc

In response to “No. It means you are intolerant.

It would depend on your definition of intolerant.

cookiedough cookiedough

In response to “It would depend on your definition of intolerant.

Not tolerant of others' views, beliefs, or behavior that differ from one's own.

VicZinc VicZinc

In response to “Not tolerant of others' views, beliefs, or...

Well, yes. I suppose I'm saying is like, I don't really have an opinion on gay marriage, but a friend of mine is against it. She has gay friends who she likes and hangs out with, and they respect her views. So I guess she is intolerrant, but that just sounds so 'harsh'? Meh, I don't know, I'm tired.

cookiedough cookiedough

In response to “Well, yes. I suppose I'm saying is like, I...

So she has gay "friends" but she just doesn't see them has deserving of the same rights? Sounds a bit intolerant to me.

CastleSkyles CastleSkyles

In response to “So she has gay "friends" but she just...

I've always found that to be strange. How can you be friends with someone knowing that they don't accept an uncontrollable part of who you are?

rilara

Just because you don't support gay marriage, doesn't mean you wouldn't tolerate it or are against it. I always say there is such a thing as being indifferent or neutral.

_Jojo_ _Jojo_

In response to “Just because you don't support gay marriage...

Well ok then. I supposed by "not support" OP meant "opposed" - I will certainly allow that someone could be neither for, or against it.

VicZinc VicZinc

I'm not saying you have to go out and protest, but if you don't care if gay people deserve the same rights as anyone else that makes you a bad person, imo.

CastleSkyles CastleSkyles

In response to “I'm not saying you have to go out and...

I just am not concerned about it. If I agreed with someone's politics on everything but they were against gay marriage, I would still vote for them, and vice versa. I would not say I am a bad person, if I am not for those reasons, but to each their own.

cookiedough cookiedough

In response to “I just am not concerned about it. If I agreed...

I'd like to add in the difference between tolerating and agreeing or accepting.

cookiedough cookiedough

Not having an opinion, being on the fence, not being politically inclined, etc, makes you a bad person? Why?

_Jojo_ _Jojo_

In response to “Not having an opinion, being on the fence...

You're basically saying you're not sure if other people should have the same rights. Which in my mind makes you either a bad person or just ignorant, if the latter I guess you're not a bad person necessarily.

CastleSkyles CastleSkyles

What is your reasoning/ logic behind this then OP?

swiss_girl swiss_girl

In response to “What is your reasoning/ logic behind this then OP?

It was my understanding that just because someone doesn't support gay marriage, it doesn't mean that they hate gay people and want them gone or whatever.

cookiedough cookiedough

I feel as if there is no lower feeling for someone or something than hate, and that hating something would mean you are against it in all aspects. Me saying "I don't support gay marriage" literally means I do not care for it, as it has no impact on me, I do not wish to have a say for or against it at all.

WoIverine WoIverine OP

I think it could be more along the lines of apathetic. The OP wasn't clear on whether it meant not supporting as in they didnt care or not supporting as in they were against it.

pingu777 pingu777

In response to “I think it could be more along the lines of...

Not apathetic, but more indifferent. I'm friends with plenty of gays and they're all cool people and I don't hate any of them, but I don't need or want a say on their lifestyle. If that makes sense.

WoIverine WoIverine OP

Even though I voted YYA, I want to say I DO support gay marriage rights. I also think you can believe something else than they do.

Myrania Myrania

I wouldn't go that far, so yes I agree in sense, OP. But I'm also a firm believer in the idea that apathy is just as bad, if not worse, than hatred, so that is why I didn't YYA.

Altoid_Freak_250 Altoid_Freak_250

In response to “I wouldn't go that far, so yes I agree in...

I just think that only people affected by it should have a say in the matter at all. Since I'm not gay and their decision doesn't effect me in any way, they should decide for themselves if they want to get married.

WoIverine WoIverine OP

In response to “I just think that only people affected by it...

That's quite practical and I wish it could work that way too. Unfortunately since most of the world isn't gay we have to have a say in it because we live in a democracy. That's why this whole controversy about marriage came about.

Altoid_Freak_250 Altoid_Freak_250

My side is that I don't necessarily think its right biblically, but I think everyone should have the same rights. After all, not everyone agrees to follow the bible, so why should we hold it against them?

Fanatic