kingjjlevernoisVicZincUniverseBasunoMike_HawkFluoxetineriteamiellephaba101TheOneAndOnlyLucasbluewolf96Izzie_23RashedtagOMGWTFBBQled_zeppelinSlewisliesliesalmondeyesIchLiebeDichqwerty123smiles97PocketPielarlyssafayparamoreeldoritoPiperTheSlayerMooseFaaaMulaaanJamesImpalalevi1DWFtallulahstephx777ParrocchettoVahariRedWhiteNBladeShubaccaHannahWafflesMaGoochmartinpowell5496chellerz666Mugotiamveryawesomeemmyx_stateofmind_xHolyhand5psgghettispeckleasmeOhlalamonicaLeyTheFlea

SuperAppaThisBlackChickSkr3wBallPipPipCheerioAlexCarlileThePillowpantherfanaticxxdetroitxxfranwinkristinpikabeaulovereadingshelbmeits_meWinniethePoohMontanaFanaticcomedic_philosopherLinksLegionaireSergjraaeyTenorSoundssb123shadowmario580gimme_sympathyBurqaSwagIgorlivelovemusic12Wunderscorejustwondering28Frank_n_FurterTheCatalystCuttlefishCullerauthorkid94peacheyNinjaEatinRiceAltoid_Freak_250cookiedoughLenjamielaudanirawrrrawrrandiknifethoraxe54unreasonableMissBcarolynn97gochanour2541Azak

PiperTheSlayer
Atheism is more probable than Christianity

Atheism vs. the existence of a god (or gods) might be a more even match. But Christianity is so ridiculous that it's not really worth debating.

*prepares for all the Christians to downvote this/rage at me*

Fluoxetine

*Grabs popcorn*

lt2010 lt2010

The wording of this post is wrong on so many levels I can't even begin to explain without losing my **** mind.

Len Len

Fluoxetine

Yes, undebatably. That's like saying there's a better chance that there's nothing in my closet than a 6.5 foot man with one green shoe and one blue shoe, one of which is only half-laced and covered in mayonnaise. It's not really a fair argument since Christianity is so specific, but if that's the argument being made, then sure, it is true.

Lucasbluewolf96

In response to “Yes, undebatably. That's like saying there's...

That's really not a good analogy. In this post, either nothing created the entire universe or something did. I don't know, intelligent design seems more probable to me.

Fanatic

In response to “That's really not a good analogy. In this...

I agree with that, even though I'm agnostic. I do believe that there is something else out there, perhaps greater than us or maybe not, even though I'm not religious.

Altoid_Freak_250 Altoid_Freak_250

In response to “I agree with that, even though I'm agnostic...

Well I'm a Christian, but even I don't think one is really more "probable" than the other. It's about what you believing. It has nothing to do with logic, really. I don't think it's logical to believe that this whole universe just slowly came into existence by pure coincidence, and I don't necessarily think it's logical to believe someone created it. But how is faith logical? Faith is faith.

Fanatic

In response to “Well I'm a Christian, but even I don't think...

If your beliefs and your thought process to arrive at those beliefs have nothing to do with logic, you're doing it wrong.

AtheisticMystic AtheisticMystic

In response to “If your beliefs and your thought process to...

There is no logic to any belief in how the world came to be. Of course my religion makes sense to me and i believe in it with my whole heart, but according to other people's standards, my lack of evidence makes my faith in God "illogical"

Fanatic

In response to “There is no logic to any belief in how the...

Faith is, by definition, illogical. Faith means believing in something when there is no logical reason to believe it. If there was any logical reason to believe, you wouldn't need faith.
I'm not saying anything about how the world came to be. I don't have the answers and I don't claim to. My stance is just rejection of religious answers because they are illogical.

AtheisticMystic AtheisticMystic

In response to “Faith is, by definition, illogical. Faith...

But why do things have to be logical? What if there are things that we can never understand? When it comes to faith, it isn't necessarily logical, but I do believe in God for reasons other then "idk it sounds about right, I guess I'll be a Christian." There's so much more to it then that, ya know? Not everything has to be "logical". What about this world is really logical. It's what we perceive as reality that makes things logical. But if you were to look at it from another perspective, there's so many things in this world that don't make sense. This world is only logical to us because we're used to it. I don't know, maybe I'm just rambling.

Fanatic

In response to “But why do things have to be logical? What if...

Just about everything we've ever achieved has been achieved by thinking logically. Logic is good! Logic works!
It appears we have a fundamental difference of opinion here. I value logic over everything else, and you seem to think (correct me if I'm wrong) that logic has its place, but its place is not in faith.

AtheisticMystic AtheisticMystic

In response to “Just about everything we've ever achieved has...

Yeah, you're right. But when thinking about the creation of the earth, God does make sense to me. Christianity answers all my personal questions that I've had. I guess that's my logic.

Fanatic

Let me start off by saying I'm atheist. You've seen the inside of your closet multiple times, based off how many times you've seen the inside of your closet with no man inside of it, you're going to be pretty certain there isn't one this time, the gamblers fallacy, and that doesn't apply to God. You're also able to look inside the closet and prove that he is not there, unless part of his description is that he is invisible. It's impossible to prove an existential negative, so you can't say the man doesn't exist *period* but you can say he is not in your closet. With God, you can't prove that he doesn't exist and you can't prove that he does, there are no numbers and statistics to use like you can with the presence of the man in your closet or the likeliness your house will be robbed. Just like with the man, who you can prove he doesn't exist in your closet, but you can't prove he doesn't exist at all. The chance of God existing vs. not existing is indeterminable.

Frank_n_Furter Frank_n_Furter

I love debating this topic, but there's absolutely nothing to debate here. I don't understand how one is really more "probable" than the other. The world being intelligently designed for a purpose vs. the world and everything in it coming together purely coincidentally. They're both pretty far fetched, but we got here somehow.

Fanatic

If you really think anout it there has to be some sort of higher power out there because where did everything come from? You may be able to explain how it all works but you will never be able to explain where EVERYTHING came from. Another theory of mine is that we are all part of a giant computer program (makes sense doesn't it? Physists are explaining how everything works with math and computers run on math dont they?) But then where did those people that created us come from? Mabie we are just a series of endlessly created computer programs?

thoraxe54