JamesUniverseSwolshGavinWinniethePoohjlevernois2tupps312justwondering28BurqaSwagmiddleseisPossimpiplenitamarie75alittleannoyedTYPOkristinlaurensbGlungoBigTRexVahariweRinsane16ChuckTomTiffanee

xxdetroitxxSkr3wBallLenTenorSoundsshelbmeLoganParrocchettoTheBlindManerusoloeastcoast_Ashlie_ZachNSC142InfinityPiperTheSlayerDiscordLinksLegionaireDistinctionsqwerty123CastleSkylesBuddyCakesBasunoDaniciaTariHopeImriteLachieIsBatmanNowcomedic_philosopherShannonIsAUnicornB10ckH34dGargoyleDragon165DWFlivelovemusic12lexaluffCrystalblue97Rhondasmiles97PrincessMidgieMayatallulahriteamipersonThingyCuban_BIzzie_23coasterkidCaptainPiratemuttonduckTylerMayhemDurdenmashstephx777eldoritokidder4life31Altoid_Freak_250

Nobody :(
Men in today's society are not manly enough.

I've always hated the fact that I can't go outside wearing a skirt. Seriously, it annoys the shit out of me. I want to so **** badly and people like you make sure that can't be a reality for me. I've been stopped by police before for doing it.

Our culture's **** absurd sometimes and I hate this "men should be manly" aspect of it.

Len Len

Len Len

In response to “I've always hated the fact that I can't go...

As long as you're a man while wearing the skirt, you're being manly in my book.

CastleSkyles CastleSkyles

Just tell them it's a modern kilt. If they say anything more, you can threaten to report them for racism.

B10ckH34d B10ckH34d

What constitutes as "manly" anyway? Elaborate, OP.

TenorSounds TenorSounds

Why does a man have to be manly? Why can't he be what he wants?

I think it's just the opposite actually. Most guys I know are constantly trying to prove themselves by beating each other at everything and generally trying to be so masculine that it makes me cringe. Maybe that's just high school. But who cares if they're more feminine? Why does it matter?

eastcoast

Yeah men need to stay away from feminine traits. Because women are terrible.

2Infinity 2Infinity

I always hated how girls are generally excepted for being 'manly' in a sense, but when guys are 'girly' in any way they get ridiculed to hell and back.

Double standards much?

BuddyCakes BuddyCakes

In response to “I always hated how girls are generally...

GAH. This reminds me of this blog I was reading about internalized misogyny of women, so many women are proud to do stereotypical manly things and shun feminine things being they're embarrassing, and so many girly girls shyly and embarrassingly admit to liking shopping, or getting their nails done, or doing make up or hair or wearing heels or anything else that is associated with being female. And what really pisses me off is that I don't usually wear make up and I'm always asked "are you one of those girls that's against make up? Ugh, feminist." And I like putting it on sometimes and I'm OK with girls wearing it, I'm not against it at all except for when girls feel like they HAVE to wear it and people never believe me and use "feminist" as an insult and think I'm denying why I don't normally wear makeup because for some reason being a feminist is something to be ashamed of.

Frank_n_Furter Frank_n_Furter

In response to “GAH. This reminds me of this blog I was...

See, I never wear make-up either. I just never felt the need to. I do on special occasions, but otherwise no.

I don't care if other people use it. It makes a lot of people look really nice.

Just not my cup of tea.

BuddyCakes BuddyCakes

In response to “See, I never wear make-up either. I just...

Same here, and people think it's because I'm anti femininity, then when I say I'm not, they "insult" me by calling me a feminist. They were happy when I showed internalized misogyny and for some reason finding out I'm not sexist against my own gender can be used to insult me.

Frank_n_Furter Frank_n_Furter

FLAMEFLAMEFLAMEFLAMEFLAME

HopeImrite HopeImrite

That reminds me I have to write a paper on this subjects. Thanks I would've forgotten if it weren't for the OP.

pingu777 pingu777

Nah! Men in today's society are plenty manly.

GargoyleDragon165 GargoyleDragon165

All I thought was what makes a man manly? Head butting lamp posts? Being disgustingly hairy? Or unkempt, dirty?

Anonymous

Who are you to define gender roles?

jazzman3 jazzman3

In response to “Who are you to define gender roles?

A person with an opinion... obviously.

Anonymous