• Topics:Love / RelationshipsLife
  • Featured on the home page on May 25th 2013
  • Post Of The Day on Jun 29th 2013

Sophie31JamesSuzywaoblue45000DwightAlexCarlileThePillowWatchful_questioneerZachNSC14LenRapGeekivantarskichChuckTomTiffanee

muddyringletsBigblueSkr3wBallyeahithoughtsoEthans4ndm4n2006mileycyrusTribuneBuddyCakesHoloceneOrangiesJollyOlexxdetroitxxmyaccount91Erythromaniacookiedoughellephaba101Blue_eyed_readerSwolshBasunoCuban_Bpb55020PughdeBJLinksLegionaireFrank_n_FurterLoTheWWASavoureuxrebekahjustaguy

Nobody :(

Explained by Sophie31...

I'm interested in the changing nature of relationships. Given the huge divorce rate and the high incidence of infidelity in marriage - is the idea of a plural marriage / plural de facto relationship or polygamy or polyandry going to become more popular? I'm particularly interested in Australians views on this issue.

I sincerely hope that it doesn't become more popular. Is it even legal? I've watched quite a few episodes of "Sister Wives" and the women don't seem all that happy, they have serious issues with jealousy, the only one that seems happy is Cody. Not to mention that since you are only legally allowed to be married to one person at a time, the others wouldn't be recognized. I don't see it catching on and I don't see the appeal. I don't share well.

Witty_sob Witty_sob

sidenote: I 'm wondering why the image in this post seems more like monogamy

I think polygamy should be limited to those who think they can treat each wife equally and fairly

without that
it's a disaster

I'd say it should be used more as an exception than the norm

if you doubt that you can be fair and just to all your wives
then it's not for you

plus
the number one reason for divorce is money
so I'd say that's the problem here for many

can someone really afford to support so many people with the way things are going?
would that cause even more money problems?
potentially leading to more divorce?

there's not just financial support the person has to worry about
there's emotional support as well
and other kinds of support

and you also gotta factor in the kids

how many could actually handle a plural marriage?

I don't think many can

fuzala fuzala

I dont think it will be popular, but perhaps more popular, if only slightly, Which isn't so bad.

Watchful_questioneer Watchful_questioneer

I don't know about Australia, but I think in the US at least, people tend to be more possessive of their spouses than polygamy would allow them to be. I don't see it catching on here in the near future.

JollyOle

I don't like to share... Uh-uh not for me! (hehe)

Erythromania

Witty_sob Witty_sob

I would not be comfortable with my partner being involved with another, nor do I desire to be involved with more than one person.

BuddyCakes BuddyCakes

I don't see any reason for it to be illegal as long as everyone involved consents to it. That's not to say I don't find it strange, I certainly would not enjoy something like that, but if that's what they want then who am I to stop them?

jen jen