If you communicate electronically then all expectation of privacy is illusory.  Even if you "expect" the government to <em>respect</em> your privacy all electronic communication is open to service providers, hackers (including foreign governments), corporate list sales, and espionage.  Anyone who thinks they can use the internet or telephone and still have ANY expectation of privacy is living in a fantasy world.

I have the internet world beat because all of my email accounts and social accounts are under fictitious names. So on the surface, they don't have anything I do online connected directly to me. But I know with IP addresses, they could track right to my laptop if they so chose.
If you have a cell phone provider, they have you on that one. But I think if you had a pre-paid cell phone with no account and no name, you could at least not have your name connected to your phone number. Anything helps.

freespeechfreelancer freespeechfreelancer

I did some pretty crazy stuff on the internet when I was younger. I fear I may be **** for life. Hopefully people out there wouldn't judge an adult on the basis of what he did when he was 16.

Purplatious Purplatious

In response to “I did some pretty crazy stuff on the internet...

That would be worth hearing about.

That's why I have never said anything over electronic media that I would care if everyone in the world were to know about. And of course, no compromising pictures. (wary)

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell