DW2VicZincJames

Skr3wBallpigfarts_pigfartsChelseaFC17Crazy_Hobo_99personThingyBubbleGumGuy

Nobody :(
How similar is the U.S to the Roman Empire? Why did Rome fall?

What am I agreeing to?

VicZinc VicZinc

What am I agreeing to?

VicZinc VicZinc

Simple. Was the laziness, corruption and sense of self importance by the Roman Leaders the downfall of The Roman Empire? Are we being handed an unstable and unsustainable reality through our leaders that have not a true clue how to go into reversal? Is there any true plan for a way forward? America will fall maybe sooner than later. Prove me wrong. :)

DW2 DW2 OP

In response to “Simple. Was the laziness, corruption and...

I hear T-Mobile is working on a similiar plan!

Anonymous

America will fail for the exact some reasons Rome, and every other extinct nation has failed, greed, power, corruption, and ignorance, denial of God, and nothing more!

Anonymous

I can agree on most of that Harold, but denial of God?? Meh...

MarvelAtTheWords MarvelAtTheWords

Rome was the most powerful, America is the most powerful.

Rome thought she wouldn't fall, America thinks she won't fall.

The Roman rulers were full of greed, most American leaders are full of greed.

They both started wars based off of their greed. Rome was greedy for land, and America greedy for natural resources on that land.

Rome distracted the people from the problems of that day. They used sport and play and watched fights in the coliseum all day long. America distracts the people by using sport and play in the form of television.

BlindMist BlindMist

I find it interesting that people are so obsessed with Rome's fall, yet Rome controlled a large portion of the Western world for hundreds of years; America hasn't even existed as long as Rome had power over the Mediterranean. I think that's pretty damn impressive. And yet the history books are all pre-occupied with "they FELL!"

Logan Logan

In response to “I find it interesting that people are so...

It's not that we're obsessed with them, it's just that we want them back, cause they never finished half of the statues they were working on!

Anonymous

America and China aren't the top two? Control is definitely up to interpretation. :)

DW2 DW2 OP

In response to “America and China aren't the top two? Control...

ARe you saying there are other unfinished statues not made by the romans? I'm just trying to read between the lines, you'll have to excuse me!

Anonymous

I rarely leave spaces between lines. :) The US and China are the two main players on the world stage. Russia wants back in. The New World masters are jockeying for position on a chess board that changes daily. But not much.

DW2 DW2 OP

Continue