Mod Team
CCTV , do you find it to be INVASIVE or do you see the BENEFITS in these Advances in Technology.

I'm ok with CCTV and rarely think about it

TrishDW2Lil_PrincessSeonagDandyDonOzSurferGuncypherphunkSunny_the_skeptic

I'm not ok with CCTV , I find it highly Invasive and this is why

Synyster TiffaneeMisterHBozetteJaxxiGlisWill_Janitor

Other

BuddyCakesPartyOfOneZonkeyBallsBub

Lil_PrincessDarkest_SerenityDandyDonOzSurferAdaMisty_BlueGlisWill_JanitorSukiesnowMarianneZonkeyBallsBubJasonAaronScalmato

Explained by Darkest_Serenity...

Just curious how People feel about one of the Major Advances in Technology that surrounds us everyday , often without us being aware that we're being watched.

Having something to hide or a lack there of is not the issue or principle.

Glis

Glis

In response to “Having something to hide or a lack there of...

My thoughts exactly.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “My thoughts exactly.

You seem someone like me in that neither of us do anything wrong so to speak but lifestyles can be viewed and recorded to stigmatize in certain circles and use personal lives against us in certain groups.

Not to mention how easily a criminal group can hack and use the technology for really evil purposes. Just way too much can go wrong and be abused in way to many ways by way too many people to justify the very limited benefits.

Glis

I don't like it, but I have to accept it.

It always sounds good on paper, and then some of the more evil of my species has to go and ruin it.

dru18 dru18

In response to “I don't like it, but I have to accept it...

Nobody has to accept it if they don't agree with it.

Glis

In response to “Nobody **has** to accept it if they don't...

What are you going to do. Hold a sit down? Riot?

dru18 dru18

In response to “What are you going to do. Hold a sit down? Riot?

Voice it to our elected officials and petition. Same as everything else one doesn't think they should be engaging in. That's what it's supposed to be all about.

Glis

In response to “Voice it to our elected officials and...

You are not going to hold back technology. If it means catching child molesters and animal abusers who post shit, than it outweighs what you and I want.

dru18 dru18

In response to “You are not going to hold back technology. If...

No it doesn't really. Everything is a balancing act and " if it helps just one person" arguments are unbalanced as hell.

Not holding back technology. Controlling how it is used and keeping the public safe from it being used by bad people and groups. It's not even about the technology but who has the right to spy on whom for what reasons by any means.

Glis

In response to “No it doesn't really. Everything is a...

I agree with you in a principal sense, but it will not happen. When they implant something it will be used broadly. That means we all get pulled in.

dru18 dru18

In response to “I agree with you in a principal sense, but it...

Some towns citizens have gotten all out bans on the books against it.
The chip is a very real possibility if these are allowed to spread. Not sound like a conspiracy nut but allowing them does set that path.

Glis

In response to “Some towns citizens have gotten all out bans...

People say too much government control? I say if we can't behave ourselves, maybe it is time for the government to step in.

Take the internet for example. A great idea! And it has been abused by some very dangerous people. Maybe it's time for stronger regulations.

dru18 dru18

In response to “People say too much government control? I say...

No one needs to be regulated more than a government IMHO.

Glis

In response to “No one needs to be regulated more than a...

Well that is what the three branches were originally for.

However, the government does govern the people.

dru18 dru18

In response to “Well that is what the three branches were...

The three branches are also the ones trying to make security loopholes and backdoors signed into law in our devices despite the won-ton damage they cause in the form of identity theft and home monitoring by criminal elements.

Glis

In response to “The three branches are also the ones trying...

Yeah, reminds me of the weak **** gun laws in this country. Hmmm.............

dru18 dru18

In response to “Yeah, reminds me of the weak **** gun laws in...

They don't enforce the ones we have and discourage lawful citizens from using them.... Gotta ask why that is.

I live in a state with pretty strong gun laws. Crime is huge here, violent crime and theft.

Besides it's in the Constitution. If you want to have stronger gun laws and have the other rights in it protected you gotta fight for a change to it.

Glis

In response to “They don't enforce the ones we have and...

That reply of yours has so much baloney in it, I could make sandwiches for everyone on this post.

Maybe, your state has strict laws, but I doubt your neighboring state has. And what about gun shows, and private sales?

And no "tougher gun laws" are not in the constitution.

dru18 dru18

In response to “That reply of yours has so much baloney in...

If you want tougher gun laws you need to change the Constitution and include a new amendment or all the rights in it mean nothing. Learn to read since I did not say gun laws were in the Con.

Gun show loophole is a total myth. Doesn't exist and never has.

Most violent crime and theft in my state doesn't involve a gun and didn't before.

We have more serious problems that cause the gun violence and violence in general that is being ignored. But that's not what this thread is about so we need to save it for another time.

Glis

In response to “If you want tougher gun laws you need to...

Why would someone have to change the constitution for tougher gun laws? That doesn't make sense. The constitution enforces the rights for the Militia to bear arms, not to make it easy for any **** to get a hold of a gun.

That is the problem. The gun side has twisted that poor amendment around so much.

You brought up government involvement. Just giving an example.

dru18 dru18

In response to “Why would someone have to change the...

It's clear as day when it says the right belongs to the people not the militia. You're the one twisting the words.

Again, it's a debate for a different thread.

Glis

In response to “It's clear as day when it says the right...

The people. Ah yes, which was the Militia back then. No police force, and nobody was signing up for the militarily back then.

See you on a another post. :)

dru18 dru18

Yes, it is. Passports and RealID (or "enhanced" ID as my state calls them) already have chips in them.

Bozette Bozette

I have fifteen buttocks.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

Oh, I really don't think about, tbh. I am like Gun, I have security cameras at my home, thanks to crazy people.

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

In response to “Oh, I really don't think about, tbh. I am...

Well when me and Serenity were talking about it we were referring to street cameras. Private property is something different.

Glis

In response to “Well when me and Serenity were talking about...

Oh our town got rid of those silly things.

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

In response to “Oh our town got rid of those silly things.

There are some towns that have those red light cameras around here and they are constantly being faulted for false reporting. Even the police admit it is common. BUT, they still defend them and say they are a good thing. Problem is a person can only argue the ticket if they take it to court and man people can't afford the time to do so. In the end they just pay the fine regardless. No wonder they say they are a good thing. $$$$$$

Glis

The cameras doesn't bug me. It's the people who control them that does. Considering the economically and socially unstable (to put it mildly) world we are headed into, I'd say that whether average citizens like us have something to hide or not is merely a question of time and legislation.

MisterH MisterH

In response to “The cameras doesn't bug me. It's the people...

Bravo!!!!
Exactly.

Glis

CCTV gives someone power. I have no reason to trust whoever gets that power.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

Actually, they are quite useful, but, like many technological means, there are positive and negative aspects, depending on their purpose, on those who are using and operating them, on the sites or rooms under observation, etc., and the privacy should be respected.

And which system is really safe?

Marianne Marianne

In response to “Actually, they are quite useful, but, like...

And in public spaces, CCTV systems helped to catch criminals, or, sometimes, prevent some to commit a crime ...

Marianne Marianne

A few have already said it … It’s the humans that operate that become the issue. It’s too much power in the wrong person’s hand.

Synyster Synyster

Don't really care and it wouldn't matter much if i did...

Six one way,half a dozen the other..

DandyDon DandyDon

I don't even know what this Post is about.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

In response to “I don't even know what this Post is about.

CCTV has been Closed Circuit TeleVision - I'd guess it still is.

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne

cell phone service sucks out here

have no use for a tv,never a problem finding a parking spot
just waiting for the EPA to regulate snowfall.

lots of chatter on my ham radio, ham radio's have even been operated on the Space Shuttle
just because I live far awy from BFE, is no reason not to be informed.
that said, bein informed with the wrong information according to SOME people, could get one locked up
or worse...

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

In England cameras have helped catch, hit and run drivers, rapists, burglars,murderers and terrorists...and so for a small inconvenience to a few, I think they are a fantastic idea..I don't break the law much and so I don't have a problem ....

JD JD

I work in a high security area and there is CCTV everywhere. I'm quite used to it now. There are definitely times and places that it can be invasive, but used responsibly it's a good thing.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “I work in a high security area and there is...

Only when you have **** in your lunch break...hehe

JD JD

In response to “I wish!! :)

Let's both pretend, plenty of street cred...

JD JD

I think the only safeguards

S_Tirta S_Tirta

On private property and state/federal locations, I see no issues.

For just monmitorint our everyday existance in public location, I have a serious issue with that. We are setting ourselves up for more dastardly deeds by putting these tools in place. You think all is safe, but governements change. Think Cell phones and how wonderful GPS is. Now imagine your every move tracked by a governement agancy for subversive activity then they can hone in on you using CCTV. Let's not forget Hackers. Nooooooooo Way...

JMP JMP

In response to “On private property and state/federal...

The government is going to watch me going to grocery stores and to school, how terrifying

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

I don't really care if they want to make a profession out of voyeurism. I'm kind of boring. They can watch all they want.

DW2 DW2

I have fifteen buttocks!

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

If somebody gets beaten, mugged or killed in the streets it'd be better if that person gets justice

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

I don't know enough about how it's being used to form a solid opinion.

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne

On streets, in malls, stores and other public areas, I have no problem. But if the Government decides to turn my TV, computer and/or phone into 'spy eyes,' in my home (or your home), I'm totally against it!

Seonag Seonag