Lil_Princessdoctorwho1011Darkest_SerenityLucythetoothTiffaneeStarzAboveChuckTomDandyDonMashaSukiesnowChuck_Tom
Where were you on 9/11?

Berlin, Germany.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

I was on my way to work..feeling like crap and pissed off the the subway was taking forever and I was late. I bounded into work anouncing to everyone what a crappy morning I'd had when a co-worker said to me "Your day isn't as bad as the people in New York." Oh yeah? I responded... And then I found out...and a 1/2 hour I was back out the door...I couldn't take it...

They let everyone off work an hour after I left.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

Berlin, Germany.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

I was working at Lakeside Essex and I went out to lunch and got fish and chips and sat in the car to eat it, then I put the radio on and the first plane had just hit the tower and I sat in shock listening to how it was revolving....

JD JD

Sleeping in bed from a 12 hour night shift. I didn't find out about the attack until about 8 hours after it happened.

Glis

The first time I heard about the attacks I was in a German coffee shop place. The German guy serving actually said and I quote, "I wonder why it took so long for that to happen." Later that day I was talking to other German people and their attitude was kind of like it was bound to happen one day.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “The first time I heard about the attacks I...

I didn't want to mention it, but that was a lot of people's first reaction here in South África too. It didn't really come as a surprise.

MisterH MisterH

I was at work in Rochester, NY. I heard women a few cubicles over talking about how a plane (the first one) crashed into the Tower. As soon as I heard them say another plane crashed into the 2nd tower I knew something truly terrible was happening.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

In response to “I was at work in Rochester, NY. I heard...

My hometown.

Glis

In response to “My hometown.

Mine too.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

In response to “Mine too.

I'm sorry.
lol

Glis

In response to “I'm sorry. lol

Hey... aside from the weather, economy, property taxes, lack of a night life, it's a great place to live.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

In response to “Hey... aside from the weather, economy...

Forgot suburban sprawl, ghetto, and smell. But yeah.

Glis

I was 2 years old and living in Spain at the time. I can't say I remember anything from it.

Thibault Thibault

kindergarten, but then my parents picked me up early

DWF DWF

I was working some crappy McJob at a printing factory in Johannesburg. I heard something about it on the radio, and my first thought was, "some drunken idiot has probably driven his Cessna into a high-rise". It was only about an hour later that our boss (whose spoilt, brat-daughter was on an all-expenses-catered-for shopping spree in New York) came in and turned up the radio that we got the full story. Apparently, she had told him all about it by phone.

MisterH MisterH

I was the security officer standing in the middle of our local high school when the first, and then, the second plane hit. Shortly thereafter, our radio's came alive and our Admin. team convened. I'll never forget it.

Freeranger Freeranger

I was in the middle of my business law class at the vocational center in my hometown. One of the ladies from class had been running late, and she'd heard about it on the radio. Everyone was scrambling to bring up a news site for updates.

Puck_PHAET Puck_PHAET

Killeen, Texas, just outside Fort Hood.

Lucythetooth Lucythetooth

most likely at school? I was five

BuddyCakes BuddyCakes

At school when the first plane hit. When the second hit I was at my aunt's eating chicken noodle soup and a peanut butter sandwich watching the news.

ItsATrap ItsATrap

In response to “At school when the first plane hit. When the...

AH way back when we could eat peanut butter.

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred

At home, preparing for school. It was a typical Tuesday morning until my mother came into my room and told me that the World Trade Centre was ablaze.

Masha Masha

At work....

LilithReborn LilithReborn

When the planes hit I was in math class. Maybe a sophmore or junior in high school.

ajmsituation ajmsituation

Outside a TV Shop Thinking "this can't be Real" watching Grown Men Cry out in the Street , it was Surreal.

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity

In response to “Outside a TV Shop Thinking "this can't be...

A very weird day, it was like watching a film..

JD JD

In response to “A very weird day, it was like watching a film..

We all thought it was One of those Trailers for a New Disaster Movie and then it sunk in "this is for Real"

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity

In response to “We all thought it was One of those Trailers...

I've been through so many disaster days where people have said, do you know where you were that day, 9/11 I shall never forget..

JD JD

In response to “I've been through so many disaster days where...

Yeah like where were you when Elvis Died ?

Watching my Mum Cry her Eyes out and then watching her Friends Cry with her

9/11 Scarred all Our Minds.

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity

I'm rather surprised that the Brits would feel that way, but I thank you for your words.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “I'm rather surprised that the Brits would...

We are a Part of Human Race and Our Brothers & Sisters died Tragically that Day.

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity

In response to “We are a Part of **Human Race** and Our...

I agree, it's just that I never thought beyond our shores. It was a tragedy for everyone. It should never have happened.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

We felt as bad as you did and in some ways more, I had a neighbors son and my daughters best friend both died that day...

JD JD

In response to “We felt as bad as you did and in some ways...

I'm so sorry to hear that John. It was devastating for all of us. I was in Florida, the airport was closed, we had a rental car but they wouldn't let us take it out of state, my son called and told us NOT to get on any plane, that he would drive down and pick us up. But I wouldn't let him....the trains were full, so we had to take a Greyhound bus home. Took us 18 hours to get home, and it was a trip in hell. Dirty and cold. But that was nothing compared to what others went through.

I doubt anyone will ever forget.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

I was in a theme park in Florida when it happened. They announced that the park would be closing. And didn't give us a reason. I thought some nut was running through the park with a gun or something. We found out what had happened when leaving the park. I couldn't believe it.

Then it took us over a week to get home because the airports were closed.....

StarzAbove StarzAbove

Oh I was just leaving work when everything occurring. I thought something was wrong with the radio, in my vehicle because it was cutting in & out. When I got to my moms about 30 minutes I found out what occurred. A little later panic hit because my brother was in PA about 10 miles where another plan crashed. I was on three different cell phones & a landline trying to make contact. I did about 12 hours later. Its a day I won't ever forget.

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

In school. We were all gathered in the library and a TV was wheeled in and we watched the news.

Trish Trish

A small town in the Gauteng province of South Africa.

Hullabaloo Hullabaloo

I was in Okeechobee Fl. building a new Highschool football stadium. I happen to hear about the first plane hitting on my my way to get some new tires put on my company truck at the local Walmart. I walked into the sevice department waiting room and saw on the TV they had on just as the 2nd plan hit. it was the only time I ever heard a bussiness as big as that wal-mart go stone silent.

Brianl Brianl

Asleep, my sister rang me hysterical. I woke my son and we stayed up all night. I tried to wake my husband and he said he'll see in the morning...

AussieSharon AussieSharon

In preschool/1st grade. So probably in the classroom when it happened. I'm not really sure since I didn't find out about it until some years later.

amberleechoo amberleechoo

at my apartment watching all the news casts. It seemed so unbelievable then, yet now we just expect death and destruction every week. Guns have got to be taken from nuts.

No joke. I was at the RCMP HQ building in meetings with some Director Generals. It was on live in several of their boardrooms. Needless to say the place was on lockdown shortly after. I couldn't leave until late afternoon.

Synyster Synyster

Just moved to Colorado and was asleep with my wife (at the time) when it started. My mom called and woke us up after the 2nd plane.

We were newlywed and the ex is from Europe. We'd actually just flown back from Philly after our INS interview -- back when there still was an INS. We'd been in our new apartment for about a week and didn't really even have any furniture yet. I remember us spending the day watching on a TV that was up on an empty box, sitting on folding lawn chairs. We both cried...

semple semple

I was at work. We all ran next door to watch tv and saw the second plane hit.

Cantstop Cantstop

I was 2 so with my parents?

eli666 eli666