TiffaneeThorniestmaxGunKaren_GChloeIsabellaHegeMarieLoganCaitlynChuckTomBuddyCakesPhilboydStudgeThinkerbellTrishtheRealistAmayaDouglasparentaldiscretionPartyOfOneLil_PrincessVicZincOzSurfergoblue1968

DaddyLeslieGayHoeRyanWhanau

PhilboydStudgeLil_PrincessMarkymarkTiffaneeCaitlynChuckTomOzSurferChloeIsabellaGlisWill_JanitorKaren_GDr_DoomSukiesnowMarianneJohannaAskeladd_Von_MorbidJasmine69
Sometimes women's rights and religion means you get whipped to death at 14 when a 40 year old man rapes you. What a sad world we live in when this is deemed acceptable.

Explained by Tiffanee...

Following the golden rule might be good. But greatness is actively seeking justice where injustice reigns.

Makes the petty disagreements on here so insignificant.Thanks for post Tiff.

ChloeIsabella ChloeIsabella

It isn't acceptable in most of the Western world. Only in those places that are still living in the Middle Ages.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “It isn't acceptable in most of the Western...

So if religion is one of the main causes of this violence, what do you do? Can you wiped out religion in that part of the world and leave the rest? Do you wipe out religion completely? Do you just bomb the place so they can start again. I have NO answers but it is about time this type of violence is wiped out forever. It makes me sick to my stomach that this is allowed to go on in these countries.

Tiffanee Tiffanee OP

In response to “So if religion is one of the main causes of...

I share your feelings about how deplorable these actions are, but I'm not sure there's a lot we can do about it. Think if the situation was reversed - would we want another country telling us how to treat our citizens?

Linnster Linnster

In response to “I share your feelings about how deplorable...

We wouldn't want it but I would hope someone would say something.

Tiffanee Tiffanee OP

In response to “We wouldn't want it but I would hope someone...

It is very diffiult to change people's minds when generation after generation have been inculcated with that behavior. These are also people who don't have a great deal of exposure to the world outside their own.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “It is very diffiult to change people's minds...

A lot of people shut their brains off to what is happening in other parts of the world but I can't do it personally.

Tiffanee Tiffanee OP

In response to “A lot of people shut their brains off to what...

I try not to think about it because I know there is nothing I can do about it.

Linnster Linnster

Shutting off your brain and knowing there is absolutely nothing you can do about a given situation are 2 different things.

beachbum beachbum

In response to “Shutting off your brain and knowing there is...

Choosing not to think about things I can do nothing about is not shutting off my brain. Shutting off my brain is saying this is not happening.

Linnster Linnster

But even if someone would say something to them about how deplorable their actions are, they aren't going to listen. Just as some people simply will not and cannot be appeased, and are not willing to live in peace.

They don't give a rat's flyin' fig what others think or say - that's the whole problem. They don't understand love, tolerance, acceptance, grace, compassion, etc.

beachbum beachbum

In response to “But even if someone would say something to...

I agree - especially since many of these deplorable acts are tied into their religious as well as cultural teachings.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “I agree - especially since many of these...

For them, there is no difference between their religion and their culture.

beachbum beachbum

In response to “For them, there is no difference between...

That would be correct so why are you taking me to task - telling me I'm shutting off my brain because MY worrying about what happens in their countries does absolutely no good for them or for me.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “That would be correct so why are you taking...

Oops - sorry! I posted to the wrong person! Yikes!!!!

beachbum beachbum

In response to “Oops - sorry! I posted to the wrong person!...

Apology accepted - no harm done. Thanks. :)

Linnster Linnster

In response to “Apology accepted - no harm done. Thanks. :)

You betcha - thanks for calling me on it so I could apologize!

beachbum beachbum

How about education? Secular education.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

They are the lowest form of life...

Platinum Platinum

ChloeIsabella ChloeIsabella

In response to “Makes the petty disagreements on here so...

Makes most disagreements anywhere seem insignificant...

Anonymous01

Oh it is very sad & heartbreaking that this happens.

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

In response to “Oh it is very sad & heartbreaking that...

All over the world people are doing evil things, each one you read about, makes us realise how lucky we are..

Platinum Platinum

In response to “All over the world people are doing evil...

Oh yes, I agree, it does make one feel lucky. I have a hard time reading these stories because they brings me to tears.

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

It's deemed acceptable in some very backward cultures whose practices I have no respect for.

Logan Logan

The whole "honor" killing thing is disgusting

Caitlyn Caitlyn

What can you say that isn't completely inadequate?

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

Those soldiers doing the whipping are absolute swine.

If they had an ounce of human decency, they would refuse to carry out such an act.

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “Those soldiers doing the whipping are...

If they refused, that would be THEIR last day on earth. Besides, they don't think what they're doing is wrong.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “If they refused, that would be THEIR last day...

Sure, it's the old story: they're just being good Nazis and following orders.

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “Sure, it's the old story: they're just being...

I think there were many Nazis who knew they were doing evil, but did it anyway. In this case, I believe they think it's fine to beat someone to death for some perceived act.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “I think there were many Nazis who knew they...

There were Nazis by conviction and there were Nazis by convenience (to keep their jobs, for example).

Of the former, I doubt that many of the Storm Troopers who carried out Kristallnacht knew they were doing evil. Quite the contrary.

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “There were Nazis by conviction and there were...

I agree. However, the rise of Nazism was a political movement. In the case of beating women, it's religious/culturally acceptable to those who follow that brand of Islam.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “I agree. However, the rise of Nazism was a...

I'm not sure why you are making a distinction between politics and religion in this case, as theocracy is simply another form of political organization.

And Nazism, while anything but a religious movement, took advantage of centuries-long cultural anti-Semitism and anti-Slav sentiment to further its ends.

In the end, both systems are/were about absolute political power,

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “I'm not sure why you are making a distinction...

Islam is not a political movement. It's about absolute power - period.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “Islam is not a political movement. It's...

Radical Islam is very much a political movement, since its primary aim is the seizing and holding of political power.

If the Grand Ayatollah of Iran rules through the force of the Revolutionary Guards, how is that different from Hitler ruling by the force of the SS?

One says it's Allah's will, the other says it's Nature's way: survival of the strongest.

To quote a well-known crooked politician: "What difference does it make?" The end result is the same: politics (i.e., governance) by absolute power.

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “Radical Islam is very much a political...

The Grand Ayatollah rules through the power "given" to him from Allah. The Revolutionary Guard does not act independently of the Ayatollah's orders when necessary.

Hitler did not claim his power came from God.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “The Grand Ayatollah rules through the power...

Of course the Guard does not act independently of the Ayatollah. The Guard is his political instrument of power. Without it, whatever authority he has been "given" by Allah to rule would be meaningless.

And of course Hitler did not claim his power came from God. The Nazi philosophy was that might made right; survival of the strongest was Nature's (not God's) way.

The end result, however, was essentially the same: politics (i.e., governance) by absolute power, as I pointed out above.

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “Of course the Guard does not act...

The Guard is not a political instrument. It is an instrument used to control people.

The Nazis believed that the fittest were of the Aryan race anyone else should be roasted.

We've each now said the same thing at least twice, so it's time to agree to disagree.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “The Guard is not a political instrument. It...

Well, we agree that the Guard is an instrument to control people, much as (I would say) the Gestapo was.

The question I have for you is this: is that kind of control of the people not a prime political objective of an absolute dictatorship of any stripe?

Why do you seem to make an exception for a theocratic dictatorship?

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “Well, we agree that the Guard is an...

Because theocratic dictatorships are based on the tenets of a religion and the depots of the world (at least most of them) are not religious.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “Because theocratic dictatorships are based on...

So what? The effect on the people they oppress is exactly the same in a theocratic dictatorship as in a secular one, and their methods of terror and physical coercion are also the same, Allah or no Allah.

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “So what? The effect on the people they...

To you, it doesn't matter who terrorizes the people, just that they're terrorized. To me, a political despot can be overthrown or will one day die and perhaps the people will be free. A religious despot will always be around in one person or another because it is attached to their core beliefs. I'm tired of trying to explain this to you. Have a good night.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “To you, it doesn't matter who terrorizes the...

That's the very first time you brought up the question of how long a particular despotism may last, but unfortunately it has no relevance to the methods of governance employed by that despotism, i.e., its politics, so you really haven't explained anything.

And of course every Islamic despotism had/has its politics, which brings us back to the beginning of our discussion.

Have a good night.

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

Who knew there would be reason to actually celebrate being considered part of The Great Satan?

Those changes, which we all know are needed, can only come from within. Perhaps it begins with a young girl like Malala Yousafzai.

Freeranger Freeranger

In response to “Who knew there would be reason to actually...

It certainly will take heroes like her.

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “It certainly will take heroes like her.

I agree and it will take people from their own community, not outsiders, to convince their women to rise up against that kind of treatment.

Linnster Linnster

probably armed women

Freeranger Freeranger

I cannot laugh about capital crimes and abuse against humanity.
When extreme wealth is built upon the misery of millions of people, deprived from their basic rights, there is a problem.

Behind many parodies, legends and fables, there are bitter pains and lessons about the systematic violation of elementary ethical principles and values. And sadly enough, when looking into the news, we read every day about crimes, perversities and terror, repeated over and over again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H...he_Middle_East
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V..._against_women
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_in_Pakistan
http://www.theguardian.com/comm...buse-pederasty
http://www.scmp.com/news/asia/a...uslim-pakistan
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/fema...edophiles.html
http://www.reuters.com/article/...-idUSKCN0WT0HR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkD507geCHA

In the past - actually not so long ago - sexual offences and abuse were considered as "trivial":
http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2...-england-wales

Extreme poverty and dependence are a fertile ground for violence ...

Marianne Marianne

And there are heterosexual rape epidemics in Europe, especially Scandinavia, thanks to the left-wing idiots who will not call a spade by its proper name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QRZ-gcG4Es

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

Such blatant unfairness toward females is also present in the U.S. and has been for centuries.

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne

Oh, really? Then why do we (or the Norwegians) need to bring in even more rapists? Don't we have enough of our own?

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “Oh, really? Then why do we (or the...

Yes, Thinkerbell - we could ask many questions and wonder, why our own, "occidental cultures" are still causing deep-rooted "domestic" and "imported" conflicts and/or "dissonances".

Sadly enough, also our highly (or not so highly?) civilised world is not that perfect, as our own past (and even our present) was (is) not so brilliant for women - and many regions and countries are still lagging behind:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_Europe
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_culture

Marianne Marianne

In response to “Yes, Thinkerbell - we could ask many...

Quite true, but I can think of many places in the world where things are considerably worse for women.

Political correctness precludes my being any more specific than that, except perhaps to say I'm glad my **** weren't mutilated.

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

What is more sad about the scenario you posted is that people who disagree with that situation are afraid to speak up and object for fear of the consequences to themelves for doing so.

goblue1968 goblue1968