<b>You want something more when you can't have it.</b> <em>Are you under the lure to this mystique?</em>

SukiesnowJerryHendricksonPhilboydStudgeLorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundredCaitlynTiffanee

SplishSplashSofia

TiffaneeCaitlynSofiaSukiesnow
You want something more when you can't have it. Are you under the lure to this mystique?

Explained by Sukiesnow...

Why are people made that way?

We think that "the grass is always greener on the other side." We feel like we're missing something better.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

In response to “We think that "the grass is always...

Why do people have to feel that way? Psychologically or physiologically...what might be the reason....

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “Why do people have to feel that way?...

We just need more. I don't know why anymore than you do. Probably a combination of both physio and psycho but I'm no scientist.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

In response to “We just need more. I don't know why anymore...

I think a lot of people live their lives in self-denial. When you are constantly not experiencing new things, not having new things...you can always see that life might be greener on the other side.... JMHO

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

I usually have a sip or two of diet coke at night. When I don't have it I feel I really need to have it and look all over the house to see if there is any soda here at all. I really don't want much except a new house . Yet I know I must wait for the right one. Cheap but livable

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred

I'm that way with potato chips....lol

StarzAbove StarzAbove

That happens to me...I'm not proud of it :/

Caitlyn Caitlyn

In response to “That happens to me...I'm not proud of it :/

It happens to most people . I wish it didn't happen to me...so I want to find out what the trick is...

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “It happens to most people . I wish it didn't...

If you find out, tell me. I'm starting to think ill never know any of the secrets that makes life easier. :/ *hug*

Caitlyn Caitlyn

In response to “If you find out, tell me. I'm starting to...

I was realizing (see below)...that when a person wants something they can't have it means...or it might mean...that you want something like that in your life...or something better.... Like if I want a bracelet I can't afford...it means that I want something better...symbolically it probably doesn't even mean i want the bracelet ....if Freud was here he would say I want ****...yeah...well that, too...lol... Okay...no more wine for me...ha...

It more means that you are striving to better your life and this is how it is showing up...

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “I was realizing (see below)...that when a...

Lol I think **** would be better than a bracelet. :)

I'm always trying to better my life.

Caitlyn Caitlyn

In response to “Lol I think **** would be better than a...

See, so you are under this mystique for a reason...

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “See, so you are under this mystique for a...

For ****? :) lol

Caitlyn Caitlyn

In response to “For ****? :) lol

Anything you want that you can't have...means you want something better in your life...so maybe **** means something better...lol...

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “Anything you want that you can't have...means...

Mmmmm maybe it does :3 (hehe)

Caitlyn Caitlyn

In response to “Mmmmm maybe it does :3 (hehe)

It sometimes helps to know the reasons why....

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

I want to shake this world. Grab it by the neck and shake it. I want to scream "WTF!" Daily. If that makes me bad.. So be it.

DW2 DW2

In response to “Why?

I probably pay too much attention to the news. :)

DW2 DW2

In response to “I probably pay too much attention to the news. :)

Nah...I want to shake this world sometimes , too.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

I can understand the appeal to some people, but not in my case, nope. If I want something, is because I like it. I never thought if it was because I can or can't have it.

Sofia Sofia

In response to “I can understand the appeal to some people...

You want a bracelet at Tiffany's but it's 800 bucks...a guy you like is with a girl you don't like...you don't like him just a teensy bit more for being inaccessible ??

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “You want a bracelet at Tiffany's but it's 800...

I don't care if the bracelet is expensive or not - if I like it, I'll want it. The price doesn't change that for less or more.

And no. Inaccessibility isn't attractive to me.

Sofia Sofia

In response to “I don't care if the bracelet is expensive or...

So tell me how that is...how about if the bracelet is 5,390 bucks...but you really love it... (I'm looking at bracelet s right now.lol)

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “How is what?

How is it not to want something better...aa better apt., house, or life....sometimes you don't know it what you see it...until you see it...

I think I'm getting a handle on this, a little bit.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “How is it not to want something better...aa...

How did you conclude that? You weren't talking about wanting better things - you were talking about wanting something more when you can't have it. That's not the same thing.

So, I don't know how it is to not want something better. There's a lot of stuff I want better.

Sofia Sofia

In response to “How did you conclude that? You weren't...

So...when you see a bracelet for Very High Price...it doesn't make you want it? Even more?

I think that the "grass is always greener" etc. might mean that it instigates people to want something better...:)

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “So...when you see a bracelet for Very High...

No. Just because it's expensive, it doesn't mean it's pretty or something I would wear.

Do I want better things? Yes.
Do I want it because I can't have it? No. That's not why I want it. I want it because I like it, because it's more comfortable, makes my life easier and such. But the fact that I can't have something doesn't make it more or less appealing to me.
I was talking about the second question, because that's what I saw on your post. I didn't see it as you talking about wanting better things, but as talking about wanting something more when I can't have it. How the inaccessibility is attractive, which I don't think it is. And then you lumped it all together, which confused me. Sorry about that.

Sofia Sofia

In response to “No. Just because it's expensive, it doesn't...

Oh no...I went on my own train of thought there...

Thanks for being helpful. I realized something...

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP