Post of the Day
<b>Body-shaming is another evil usage of social media.</b> <em>Or do you have to put up with what you get given...?</em>

SukiesnowDWFMarkymarkTiffaneeSofiaOzSurferChuckTomGorankoilicJaxxiMashaZeeGeeTrish

_Mike_sh9683

MarkymarkTiffaneeChuckTomOzSurferSofiaMashaSukiesnowMarianne
Body-shaming is another evil usage of social media. Or do you have to put up with what you get given...?

I don't blame social media, just the people doing the shaming.. shame on them... oh wait! (eek)

OzSurfer OzSurfer

You weren't given that. You can work on your body. It's possible, believe it or not.

_Mike_ _Mike_

Body shaming is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Wonder who came up with that? Everyone is so darn sensitive now a days, get over it.

Markymark Markymark

In response to “Body shaming is the most ridiculous thing...

Marky...it's all over FB and Twitter...plug in...

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “Marky...it's all over FB and Twitter...plug in...

I know it's on FB ... It's everywhere, just like LGBT and Black matters.

Markymark Markymark

OzSurfer OzSurfer

We are completely surrounded by idiots and ****. What more can you say.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

When you purposely make other people feel bad for what they look you're moronic, if not worse. And when people get all offended when someone shows care for their health, being too skinny or too fat, and call it body shaming, you need a reality check.

Last year, around this day, I used to be obese. I was at risk at having a heart attack because of the fat I had in my body, standing for too long was painful, I was exhausted way quicker than normal. I was in a really bad shape - so when my mother, who's a nurse, came talk to me about the need to lose weight, I saw it for what it was: worry about my safe-being.

Of course, when you want to show you care, try not to be an **** about it. That might help avoid misunderstandings.

Sofia Sofia

In response to “When you purposely make other people feel bad...

So true what you have said, and I'm glad too that your health is improving, and it's great you have some good support at home to help. Tiff is right, people need to worry about themselves rather than judging other people.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “So true what you have said, and I'm glad too...

My mum is awesome :D

Yeah, that's true.

Sofia Sofia

Great Post & Congratulations!

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Great Post &...

Thank you :)

Sofia Sofia

Congratulations...

But have you heard about all the body shaming incidents on FB and Twitter? On perfect bodies...

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “Congratulations... But have you heard about...

I've seen enough at Tumblr.

Sofia Sofia

not sure what you mean, but if you ask me the worst type of body hate is allowing yourself to get fat or not to warn someone that obesity can kill. obesity is the number one killer (aside from abortion), in North america. but to make fun of someone because of their weight is wrong. to tell them they need to smarten up or they might die at 40 is not bad, in fact if you cared for someone you would tell them that obesity is bad. if not for looks do it for your health and future.

sh9683 sh9683

In response to “not sure what you mean, but if you ask me the...

There are incidences on social media where they attack people and body shame them...

Not everyone can have a perfect body and even those get attacked... Not everyone wants to be or can be at their ideal weight, and that is no reason to make fun of people.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “There are incidences on social media where...

yes I agree making fun of people is wrong. and i know everyone has a different body type, but it is obvious when someone is purer and simply obese. im not taking about those with 20% fat and exercise, im talking about those who are 30+ percent fat and don;t exercise, its not healthy, its very bad for you.

sh9683 sh9683

In response to “yes I agree making fun of people is wrong...

I agree...what's not to agree? But still, have some empathy with complex lives where going to the gym isn't always possible...

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “I agree...what's not to agree? But still...

don't need a gym to exercise, all you need is motivation and your body weight, and for cardio, go for an actual run, don;t need a treadmill

sh9683 sh9683

In response to “don't need a gym to exercise, all you need...

Good response, but what if someone is in their 60s and has had multiple surgeries? Or what if someone hates running? Or cycling?

While I agree a person can keep an eye on their dietary requirements...a brisk walk at night isn't gonna take the pounds off...

So, really, we are down to just mainly watching one's diet...unless you are under 30 and in perfect health...

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “Good response, but what if someone is in...

well walking is just as good, you don;t need to run, their is almost always a physical activity that suits ones needs, does not have to be intensive to be beneficial.
hating something is no excuse, i absolutely HATE running, i do it anyways. because i know i need it, and its good for me.

if you are fit and in shape yes walking won;t do much, but for a sedentary person, walking would be very beneficial and would help loose weight (if overweight), and eating healthy is important too.

diet and exercise are imo equally important, and one does not need to be in perfect health to exercise, they just need to watch what they are doing and at what intensity.

sh9683 sh9683

It is ridiculous.

Gorankoilic

Our media culture is so distorted and has young people too engaged on outer beauty. Expectations are unrealistic and at the core of everything true beauty still comes from within.

Jaxxi Jaxxi

This shaming stuff on social media is just another form of bullying!

ZeeGee

Life is not Disneyland, you have to put up with things a lot worse than someone calling you fat

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

I get called fat and harassed almost daily

Trish Trish

To put it bluntly:

Masha Masha