Want to be a moderator?
<b>Men don't realize that when they are engaged or married they become an accessory... You and your partner represent each other and, frankly we women can't allow our image to be tarnished by association with just anyone....</b> <em>Just sayin...and, please, quit whining about "all she wants to do is change me..." Especially when it is obvious that it is necessary.</em>

SukiesnowTiffaneeOzSurferLil_PrincessBrianlChuckTom

CezarSofiaMarkymarkDamianViteBuddyCakes

Lil_PrincessDarkest_SerenityMarkymarkTiffaneeChuckTomOzSurferSofiaSukiesnow
Men don't realize that when they are engaged or married they become an accessory... You and your partner represent each other and, frankly we women can't allow our image to be tarnished by association with just anyone.... Just sayin...and, please, quit whining about "all she wants to do is change me..." Especially when it is obvious that it is necessary.

Times like this I wish there was a maybe button.

I think if you need to change someone in order for a marriage to work you shouldn't have married that person in the first place.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “Times like this I wish there was a maybe...

Not true! Men are too stuck in their ways...they need a jolt once in a while.

Men don't generally reassess themselves like women do...so they remain wearing their gd college jacket long after they are done college. Grow up.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “Not true! Men are too stuck in their...

A lot of women are stuck in their ways too, maybe more so.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “A lot of women are stuck in their ways too...

You think? So far it's always been the men...

It's one of the reasons I prefer younger men. They seem to have the ability to change without taking it personally.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “You think? So far it's always been the...

I prefer older men just for the fact they are usually over their drugs and booze stage. A lot of guys under the age of 30 are totally goofy to me.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “I prefer older men just for the fact they are...

Lol... I think we might be talking about slightly diff ages... Altho I wouldn't mind a guy like that around...be refreshing from people who think they know where they are going and are sitting there judging you... People can get so cynical.

I had a guy in his early twenties. We never had **** per se.

It took v little to make him happy...dates were not performance-based...he was also quick to do as I said. I miss Gil. He was stoned a lot but that made it easier to be myself... I could issue a sharp reply...and he'd just nod away...

We drifted apart. Everyone needs a variety of people in their lives and I would have liked to have kept his acquaintance - hindsight being 20/20....

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

I agree with most of that. I think that when you're in a relationship, there's compromise, and part of that compromise means that both of you - or the three of you change a little, for better and for worse as you take on new aspects and have to give a few things up along the way. The question is whether you all are happy with the changes the compromises brings?

OzSurfer OzSurfer

Disagree (n)

(tongue)

Cezar Cezar

In response to “Disagree (n) (tongue)

You, of all people s/b listening to this stuff and taking notes.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “(nme)(no)

Really Cezar...in years to come you will remember what you learned here...it will be even more cherished then.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “Really Cezar...in years to come you will...

Marriage should be Biblical.

Not what it has become.

http://imgur.com/a/lc4ky

Cezar Cezar

In response to “Marriage should be Biblical. Not what it has...

Cezar...that might be right for you...but at least you owe it to yourself to understand what others do. And I mean...understand and not just listening with judgement in the back of your mind...:)

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

Nope.

Sofia Sofia

In response to “Nope.

You're from Portugal...right.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “You're from Portugal...right.

I don't understand the relation of that to the question.

Sofia Sofia

In response to “I don't understand the relation of that to...

I don't understand what your NOPE was in relation to the post.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “I don't understand what your NOPE was in...

I don't agree with what you said, any part of it. It's a big "Nope" to all of it. I should have explained better.

I don't think men(any partner, actually, being man or woman) are accessories in a marriage, and that the couple automatically represents each other. Even as a couple and married, they are still each one a different person.
The whole change each other is a must, and all people do that - no, that's not what I see happening. Most people decide to accommodate themselves, or as a couple. It's not one forcing another on it. That attitude will normally break the marriage.

Why did you refereed where I come from?

Sofia Sofia

In response to “I don't agree with what you said, any part of...

Yes...that's what I thought you might mean but I wasn't sure so instead of jumping to conclusions I thought I'd ask first.

In the spirit of honesty...you like to be honest, right? So in saying that you are from Portugal indicates what might be behind your reply.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “Yes...that's what I thought you might mean...

Sorry, I still don't understand it.

Sofia Sofia

In response to “Sorry, I still don't understand it.

What don't you understand? That I brought up Portugal?

Where a person was born and raised has an effect on their opinions. Naturally.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

You "adjust" not change. Both adjust their lifestyle to become partners for however time that will last.

Markymark Markymark

In response to “You "adjust" not **change**. Both...

Semantics. So you admit you need to change? I see that you do...you've come to a point in your life where you can stay the same or move forward. Change is always forward.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “Semantics. So you admit you need to change? I...

Adjustments and compromising isn't changing. As partners, you need to do that to make it work.

Markymark Markymark

In response to “Adjustments and compromising isn't changing...

Aha... So you'll change for your job but not for a loved one

She needs to make a lot more money than you and then you'll listen...

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “Aha... So you'll change for your job but not...

What's wrong with adjusting and compromising for your partner?

Markymark Markymark

In response to “What's wrong with adjusting and compromising...

I don't know Marky... Give me some time and I'll come up with something...:)

Now about the new Postitions your Ministerial appointment will bring up...

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “I don't know Marky... Give me some time and...

Oh, Minister of Marijuana Control and Distribution?

That's a great Ministry. What a job?

I think you would do well as Deputy Minister, I want to follow Justin's path and hire more women for executive positions.

Markymark Markymark

Couples change/adjust naturally as individuals who Love spending time together.

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity

In response to “Couples change/adjust naturally as...

Nope. Sometimes manners need to change...you're eating too fast...talking with your mouth full...stop.

Haircuts especially need to change...and get rid of that collegiate look since you're a man...now...

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “Nope. Sometimes manners need to...

Sukie why would you fall in Love with a Man with terrible manners in the first place babe ?

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity

In response to “Sukie why would you fall in Love with a Man...

I had a boyfriend who grew up in a poor home with 9 siblings. If they didn't eat fast there was no food left.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “I had a boyfriend who grew up in a poor home...

ah that makes sense.

So what qualities did make you fall in Love with him ?

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity

In response to “ah that makes sense. So what qualities did...

He was smart.

What about you? What pushes your buttons in a good way?

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “He was smart. What about you? What pushes...

Every Potential Partner has to have a great Sense of humour , if I find that's missing somewhere down the line I'm so disappointed almost feel dejected and think "God they'd be perfect if they only had a Funny bone"

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity

In response to “Every Potential Partner has to have a great...

Everyone always says that to the point that I don't understand it anymore.

What do people mean by "sense of humour"? Everyone has some sense of humour. I had a post about it... Lol...

Everyone knows what a joke is... Hello? Knock Knock...have you heard the one about...etc...there are many jokes about...

It might be more about someone getting to know you and getting you...than knowing how to pass off a great knock-knock joke.

Someone who has a lighter attitude toward life - you guys need that with all that rain - someone that can just lift you up and change your POV in an instant... Someone who can look at you and just know what you need...

Perhaps "Sense of Humour" is becoming a cliché - an easy and acceptable comment to make that needs no eplanation - everyone nods sagely and totally understands...lol... But maybe it now needs to be explained in more individual detail...

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “Everyone always says that to the point that I...

No!

I have a great sense of humour
so does the Father of my Child
and She is so funny.

It's all about timing babe , not knowing the latest Joke , it's taking any subject [within reason] and seeing the funny side to it.

Most People I know have a great sense of humour , those who don't seem almost Alien to me.

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity

In response to “No! I have a great sense of humour so does...

Please explain what you mean by a "sense of humour"...how it pertains to you... Just a couple of sentences, or a bit...lol...

My post results were that "everyone has a sense of humour"... I can only say that not everyone has the same one.

My brother-in-law loves these comics I find absolutely not funny. Obviously we have different senses of humour... But the more I get to know him...I'm also understanding his funny bone. ;)

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “Please explain what you mean by a "sense...

lolz you've put me on the spot now Sukie , now I've got a Mental block.

I know what you mean , some have a very dry sense of humour , some are Zany , some are Pure Sarcasm but some have no sense of humour at all.

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity

In response to “lolz you've put me on the spot now Sukie...

Take your time to reply Ser... Some things are worth thinking about...

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “lolz

But please...do reply.... This is an interesting interchange.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

It's interesting that you said you had a "great sense of humour" (which I don't doubt for a minute...grin) but what does that mean? And what is a great sense of humour from an ordinary one...?

This is a Q&A site after all, darling...

Pretend I'm an alien and am wondering what these pale people are all going on about...

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “lmao

Laughing my **** off? I'm interested in knowing why...

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

I mean yes you and your partner represent each other. But if all you want to do is change everything about them, why are you with them?

BuddyCakes BuddyCakes

Wow turn this around, put the shoe on the other foot. I doubt that any woman would want to be considered an accessory for the man.

Brianl Brianl

In response to “Wow turn this around, put the shoe on the...

Gosh Bri...woman have been used as accessories for years....

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP