Do you feel fortunate to have the life you have?  If yes, why?  If no, why not?

PhilboydStudgePiper2TiffaneeStarzAboveDandyDonWill_JanitorPartyOfOne
Do you feel fortunate to have the life you have? If yes, why? If no, why not?

I feel fortunate because I have seen a lot of people in the world that are much less fortunate.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

I have been truly blessed. A good husband, good kids, nice material things as well; nothing is ever perfect but I'm very happy with my life.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

I'm an American first and foremost. I was raised on a farm with a mom and a dad who loved me, and I had a tremendous extended family. I have a lot to be very thankful for, and it's never been lost on me. I try to pay that forward.

Freeranger Freeranger

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

I am very fortunate to have been born in the U.S.A.. from which every good thing in my life stems. I have family, friends, my health, a good job and want for nothing.

Linnster Linnster

I love my wife; my kids turned out amazing, I enjoy what I do for a living and for recreation, and I'm good to go financially and will be set for retirement. So, yes.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

Yes and no. I have a social life that a lot of people would be jealous of but I also have a job that is slowly killing me with its hours.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “Yes and no. I have a social life that a lot...

Hmmmm.....sounds like choices need to be made?

Cantstop Cantstop OP

Yeah I do. It could be better but there is always someone worse off than me. So I decide to feel blessed.

DakotaErdmann DakotaErdmann

Yes. My daughter and stepdaughter are such blessings in my life. I've completely recovered from aortic valve surgery and am relatively healthy as I approach retirement in 2017. I've known true love in my lifetime. So much to make me thankful!

JanHaskell JanHaskell

Yes I am lucky to be alive. In the USA I have all I need to live, Of course I wish to win the lottery and have more than I need.(biggrin)
I have really thought about winning-They say when you believe it will happen. So I plan to get myself a new house, then give the rest to the homeless shelter in some way.

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred

Why is this in the "**** Addiction" section? That makes me suspicious.

SmartAZ SmartAZ

In response to “Why is this in the "**** Addiction"...

Lol..I just hate picking a topic

Cantstop Cantstop OP

And how does it happen that we have the word "****" in the title of a section but the site won't allow that word to be printed? Why not just have a section titled with all stars?

SmartAZ SmartAZ

All I see is "Bliss" up top. Maybe they changed it? I guess that still works though. Ha!

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

Yes,I've seen extremes in many areas - I've seen wealth, poverty, courage, cowardice. After being lonely I found the people who "got" me, lost them, but in the process met the kind of people I never would have known if I had stayed in my bubble. Life has taught me a lot. That plastic fruit looks best, but real fruit tastes better. That partners aren't chased, but found with time. Most importantly, I am very lucky that I survived the trap of doing anything for the sake of doing something that young adults run into.

MyganAshton MyganAshton

Yes...It could always be worse..

DandyDon DandyDon

From a young age my parents taught us kids that we were lucky to be born into a middle-class American family. They taught us that we are no different from anyone else, and that the main reason we were relatively wealthy (compared to the rest of the world) was of dumb luck.

With depression it's sometimes difficult for me appreciate that fact, but I still know it to be true.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

I feel very lucky. The beginning was really bad but with hard work, doing the right thing and having great people in my life now, things are going very well.
I feel lucky to have had the opportunities to make a life for myself and family
and when there were no opportunities - I made them for myself.

ozzyboy ozzyboy

Physically I feel so much luckier than most, it's almost like I won the genetic lottery. Socially thought it's been the opposite, just a lifetime struggle to fit in anywhere.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “Physically I feel so much luckier than most...

Awwww, you fit in here just fine.(biggrin)

ozzyboy ozzyboy

In response to “Awwww, you fit in here just fine.(biggrin)

Hey thanks!! that means a lot! (smile)

OzSurfer OzSurfer

I'm more blessed than anything because I woke up this morning not many did

symplycurious symplycurious

I'm blessed, I love my life great friends and family ...love where I live and have enough to enjoy my life...

JD JD

Yes, indeed I do, and because there is someone out there that is always worse off than what I am.

StephenB StephenB

Yes because I'm not homeless

bird1986 bird1986

Yes. But the life I has, wasn't handed to me. I worked hard for it.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

Yes, for the upbringing my parents provided, for the wonderful siblings I've had, for not having to deal with poverty while living under my parents' roof, for my wonderful children and extended family members, for exerience I've had under certain employers, and the list go on...

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne