<b>A friend is not someone you find on Facebook, although your friend can be on FB.</b> <em>A friend is someone you've invested time and energy with...</em>

They should make a new word for internet friends because they are very different from real life friends. In some ways they are better because you don't have to figure out all of the baggage that most friends come with and there is very little risk and work to be done. At the same time you don't get the deep feeling of a friend you grew up with in real life where you have experienced joy and hardships together. They are both valuable, but not the same in most ways.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

That is so true. True friendship takes time. And it has to be tested.

Carla Carla

Friendship must be earned ... on both sides.

Synyster Synyster

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “They should make a new word for internet...

True.

Internet friends are sometimes better since they don't have the fatigue that sometimes accompanies friends in real life....

Internet friends can sometimes be more objective. Real life friends...when giving advice...can have that spectre of "already always thinking", since they've known you for a long time...they know what you are already always like...

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

Oh I have three RL that have been by my side through the good times & the bad for 17 plus years. While these boys can't stand each other they share one thing in common & that is looking out for me. Our friendship has been tested more than once but always survived.

We have laughed, screamed, we have cried , we have gave each other the silent but when there is trouble we have looked out for each.

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

so true also stop adding me and saying ILU ILU ILU thats not love!! Come mierda y muere

TomboyJanet TomboyJanet

I have no friends, I've had school friends but none in my adult years and primary school

bird1986 bird1986

Hmmm... yes and no. I know of couples that met on Facebook. People can meet there and then to something in real life.
But if it's just on Facebook... I want to say it's not possible, but I can't. I've heard of so many stories. It is possible to have good friends like that. It's rare, but it can happen. There's people on Tumblr that were online friends for years before they ever met, they considered themselves best friends, spoke almost daily, but they lived on different countries. It's like having a pen pal, but it's online.

Sofia Sofia

Found a few friends on Facebook (and my wife on Myspace)

TheCensoredBrit TheCensoredBrit