Mod Team
In recent news the very overrated Meryl Streep used her acceptance speech at the Golden Globes to go after President-Elect Donald Trump. In her stab at President-Elect Trump she showed us that she is yet another delusional out-of-touch liberal celebrity who is highly uninformed about what is actually going on in America. Many celebrities keep feeling the need to share their political views with us every chance they get, which of course are based entirely on emotions and void of any sign of education or intelligence. But enough about Hollywood ramming their political opinions down our throats, let’s get into Meryl’s speech. She opens by saying she lost her mind sometime earlier this year, which she exhibits throughout the rest of her speech. She talks about how Hollywood (and the left) are “the most vilified segments in American society.” Funny because most of the “attacks” against the left have been proven to be hoaxes, while attacks against the right have managed to avoid receiving media coverage – and when they do receive coverage it usually leads to Trump being blamed for these attacks. She then tells us where all of the actors and actresses are from, using a stereotypical Irish accent when referring to Ruth Negga. She talks about all the “outsiders and foreigners” and how we would “have nothing to watch but football and Mixed Martial Arts, which are not the arts” if we got rid of them all. I beg your pardon. Did Streep really just attack football and the MMA for not being diverse enough? The UFC has 10 current champions; only two of these are white Americans, the other eight are of different races, genders, and ethnicities. The MMA is by far more diverse than the Golden Globes, who only 10 of 30 nominees were a minority. Not to mention, Trump has never said that he wanted to deport every immigrant. As if this attack wasn’t enough, she goes after President-Elect Trump by accusing him of mocking a disabled reporter. This is certifiably false and anybody who truly cares and has bothered to Google it knows that. The reporter does not suffer from any sort of mental or muscular disabilities. The guy has a deformed hand. He doesn’t display any of the behaviors Trump showed when mimicking him. Whenever Trump mimics anybody he flails his hands and arms as a sign of that person being perturbed. Yawn. Streep goes through the same old song and dance and sheds her crocodile tears for this disabled reporter. If Streep really cared about handicapped people, don’t you think she might have mentioned the poor mentally-handicapped white Trump supporter that was kidnapped and tortured by the four racist black teenagers? And where was she when Obama mocked the special Olympics? Following Streep’s rant, as expected, Donald Trump took to Twitter to defend himself. Trump says that Meryl Streep is upset that her candidate lost and decided to attack him when she doesn’t even know him. He states that, as we all know, he never mocked the reporter for being disabled and that he never would. The President of the UFC, Dana White, also responded to Streep’s speech in an interview with TMZ. White says that he doesn’t expect an “uppity old lady” to like mixed martial arts, and that the MMA is an art, and in fact the most diverse sport there is. Meryl should stick to reading lines for movies. Politics, logic or the real world clearly aren’t her bag.

ergoproxyLorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundredDandyDonJustJimColoSukiesnowsh9683trooperbeachbumhootowl

Sofia

DW2BudwickDandyDonSukiesnow

Excellent post. DandyDon hit it on the head when he said they are dim witted when they write their own script.
Too many people equate the words written for a script as reflecting the actors intelligence. Nothing could be further from the truth. A parrot can repeat what it is told, and it has a brain the size of a peanut. In that regard, I can see the similarities between many actors and the parrot.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

Some people are really dim witted, when they write their own script..

DandyDon DandyDon

In response to “Are you pro-Trump?

That's who I voted for...

DandyDon DandyDon

In response to “That's who I voted for...

Noooo... I did not know that.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

In response to “Noooo... I did not know that.

Now you do..

DandyDon DandyDon

I was listening to radio about that issue. The commentator said. Actors read the lines written for them, they may play any great person but in reality they are nt profits. Anything I hear from a celebrity I kind of just ignor.

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred

JustJimColo JustJimColo

I love Meryl. She has got moxy. I didn't always like her, tho.

You wrote too much egoproxy. Next time please sum it up in less. Please. And add some white space. Thank you. It's not easy to read a blob of words.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

All I saw at the awards was a bunch of snotty elites who want to attack the very people who made them elites by paying to watch them in their movies.
I stopped watching them years ago, especially the liberals.

ozzyboy ozzyboy

I find it great that "it just tore her heart apart" that she believes Trump "made fun of" a disabled reporter, yet she didn't say a word about a group of people torturing a mentally disabled man due to his race and their own hatred of Trump and showing it to us all on YouTube.

trooper trooper

Of course. She shows didn't like seeing a candidate to the US Presidency making fun of a deformed/disabled (whatever people want to call it) reporter, and thinks a person on that position shouldn't make such thing, so she's a delusional out-of-touch liberal. Because no one that disagrees with your point of view can ever be in touch with what's happening. Also, if she's speak of only one case, it's automatically means she's completely okay with whatever else happened. And of course she's just going after him because her choice of candidate didn't won. It's not because of what Trump says or does, no, it's just because she's "butthurt". And, also, of course, she's now overrated - because obviously she is a poor actress with no acting ability whatsoever and doesn't deserve any of the accomplishment she's worked for. Yes, logic and common sense everywhere.

Do I agree with everything she said? No. Somethings didn't make much sense, especially the jab at the arts thing. What I'm amazed is in how people still make excuses for Trumps words and behaviour, when, I'm going to use your words, a simple google research actually shows every lie and stupid thing he has said and done. I've seen it over and over again. Trumps says or does something. There's videos, and proof of him doing or saying such things, right there in front of everybody, and still people deny it. People actually buy into the excuses he himself says and his people came up with. My favourite until now is one woman (I don't remember her name, but she works for him) saying people shouldn't pay attention to Trumps words. Yes, people should not, in any way whatsoever pay attention to what the President Elect says. It's what's in his heart that counts, obviously. What he says and portrays doesn't matter at all.

I don't care why people follow Trump, if it's because they hated Clinton or they thought that Trump was the better choice, or had better politics, it doesn't matter - this blindly following that I see, the attitude that anyone against your political preference is ill-informed or any criticism passed as lies, is in my opinion, one of the biggest problem in the US. That pride that people take over their political party, that arrogance, people incapable of admitting any mistake in their party or the candidate they choose and only pointing fingers and insults to everyone thinking differently... sure, that's what will save your country. That childish attitude is the right path, no doubt. That's for right and left, by the way, as I have seen it from both sides.

Sofia Sofia

Your words all blur together. If you want to post a rant you should post it someplace where it is formatted for easy reading, and link to it. The format here is TL;DR for anything more than one sentence.

You could even post it as an answer to yourself, adding paragraph breaks. Then I might read the entire thing.

SmartAZ SmartAZ

In response to “Your words all blur together. If you want to...

Yessss...! That's more or less what I said.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

And yet, for every Meryl Strep (misspelling intended) it's thankfully countered by a Nicole Kidman. I'm really good with that trade off chaps.

Freeranger Freeranger

Most of Hollywoods movies are violent,filled with **** and filthy language.

hootowl hootowl