Post of the Day
🐳 Sometimes a prostate exam can turn into a game of cat-and-mouse for the guys. What has been the most awkward, uncomfortable medical procedure you have had to endure? 🐳

Explained by Tiffanee...

I just helped out with a prostate exam and the poor guy was so stressed about it that I actually felt sorry for him.

Colonoscopy twice and going for my third time at the end of the month.

Markymark Markymark

Markymark Markymark

Colonoscopy. It doesn't get much more awkward for a guy. Women on the other hand deal with even more awkward situations. :)

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

btw: Don't wear a three piece suit to a rectal exam. It is really not necessary.

Tiffanee OP

Awkward: As a teenager I once had a prostate massage from a urologist. I remember feeling molested afterwards.
Uncomfortable: When I was even younger I had a stye lanced. Also something I would not recommend.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

Something I don't even want to think about.

Mogal Mogal

I had a UTI when I was a teenager and had to have a catheter inserted (multiple times). Doesn't get much more awkward and uncomfortable than that.

Logan Logan

All women have awkward procedures done. Many, many yearly or more often.

Gonna tell another story, about an uncomfortable procedure

There are alot, but this happened in second grade.

Sister and i got a toboggen for christmas one year.

We had a pretty good hill behind the house in the horses pasture.

There was a tree halfway down the hill.

My sister and i would ride together, she was in 7th grade.

She would ride behind me. We would be zipping down the hill and she would screem, " we're gonna hit the tree. We would both bail.

We never hit the tree. She would then make me fetch the toboggen.

One day, as we were zipping down the hill, she screemed again. Well this time she bailed, but i didnt. Figured if i had to haul it up, i might as well ride it down.

Well, i hit the tree.

Smacked my nose on the toboggen.
It hurt alot, but bled just a little. I was tough so didnt complain.

The next day my nose was swollen and i had a fever.

My father took me to the doc. Dad was just getting over a flu. Doc said my nose was swollen because of the impact and the fever was just me getting dads flu.

The next day, i had no facial definition.
My face was a swollen blob.

Dad took me to an eyes nose and ear doc.

He examined me, and told my dad that i had an absess. The poison could reach my brain at any moment and i would likely die.

Not worth risking taking the time to go to emergancy.

So he sat me in a dental type chair, put a big bowl in my lap and took this little scappel and did up the nose surgery, right there.

Stuffed a tube through the membranes of both nostrils. It all hurt, but the tubes were really painful.

No anesthesia. At all.

He called me a brave kid, as i didnt cry or resist. Had my face all bandaged and was out of school for two weeks. That was the good part.

Soooo. Uncomfortable.

Sorry for the long winded saga. But had to tell the WHOLE story.

Carla Carla

Urinary catheter. I had a prostate exam once and didn't feel a thing.

SmartAZ SmartAZ