Amirite? Every Opinion Matters. That's Amirite's slogan ........ Why is it that some of us that are not Americans, should NOT have an opinion regarding  American politics?

Lil_PrincessPiper2Darkest_SerenityPlatinumMarkymarkDandyDonBozetteAdaWill_JanitorSukiesnowfacemanQueenMe
Amirite? Every Opinion Matters. That's Amirite's slogan ........ Why is it that some of us that are not Americans, should NOT have an opinion regarding American politics?

Explained by Markymark...

I was told many times along with other non Americans, you don't live here so you don't know. Don't know what? People have no idea what credentials others have on this site. Some of us may know a lot more than you realize. Welcome to The New World Order.

Actually, I find some of the most insightful comments from other than American users here. I'm impressed how well versed in our news / politics many are. Over time I've learned where some of you are from, but it's not in the front of my head - usually.

I for one say, bring it on! We need all the help we can get!

Budwick Budwick

It keeps happening , keep out of our politics and you don't know as much as me and it don't concern you....when I looked on " just in " every post was about Trump....I'm interested in American politics and I understand a lot more about it than many on here...

Platinum Platinum

In response to “It keeps happening , keep out of our politics...

That's the issue right there. The minute you bring up valid points, the response are ... you don't live here and you don't know.

I get people hate Trump, geez I'm starting to hate Trudeau, but I would never say: why are you so interested in our politics, you don't live and you don't know.

Unless you are a politician (which non are) .. people read the same news.

Markymark Markymark OP

In response to “That's the issue right there. The minute you...

A fact for me, is that I read about it more than most of them....

Platinum Platinum

You can have an opinion. I often wonder why a canadian would care that much.

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred

In response to “You can have an opinion. I often wonder why a...

Well, for one, it involves the whole world, and maybe some don't live in the US but will live there, or even maybe an American living in another country.

As a Canadian with dual citizenship ... Whatever happens in America can have impact on Canada.

Markymark Markymark OP

I don't feel that non-Americans should not contribute to American political conversations. After all, the U.S. is an important enough global player for other countries to be affected by what we do (or don't do) here.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “I don't feel that non-Americans should not...

I was waiting for someone to say those exact words ... Thank You!!

Markymark Markymark OP

In response to “I was waiting for someone to say those exact...

I would have said them sooner but I was out to lunch. :)

Linnster Linnster

An opinion is free for anyone. Sometimes an objective outlook is good to hear. I generally think most people realize who is American and who is not...and weigh their opinion with that fact in mind.

I don't go into expansion on Politics since I don't know who the first president was...for example...so I generally make a quick vague statement.

Hey...I'd do the same on Canadian politics...

So it's the topic that is the key...it's not a subject I feel strong on. Although I might be more than some people...from the type of drivel I've heard.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

In response to “An opinion is free for anyone. Sometimes an...

Well said Sukie ... especially the part " an objective outlook".

Markymark Markymark OP

In response to “Well said Sukie ... especially the part "...

Thank you Marky.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

I have opinions on other country's leaders, so I would expect that other countries would have opinions on ours. I think they are interesting and sometimes they come from a whole different angle. There is one Aussie that is always negative and tries to stir up shit, but that's just a troll.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “I have opinions on other country's leaders...

Thanks Will, I would love your opinion on our leader (PM) in Canada on my next post. Just waiting for him to screw up again before I post. (hehe)

Markymark Markymark OP

In response to “Thanks Will, I would love your opinion on our...

I had a feeling you didn't care much for your new guy. Ha!

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

America being the most powerful country in the world, makes American politics more important to most of the world ...

Platinum Platinum

In response to “America being the most powerful country in...

Especially this last election.

Markymark Markymark OP

In response to “Especially this last election.

Definitely this last one, except for a few things, in England we never heard hardly anything about Obama it's as if those eight years never happened...we only realized he was president when he came here to tell us we are back of the queue...

Platinum Platinum

Anyone, anywhere is entitled to their opinion regarding our politics. What happens here has far-reaching implications and affects people worldwide. Sadly, I have found that people in other countries are often far more knowledgeable about what is happening in American politics than many average Americans. I welcome input and perspective from people around the world.

It is only when I hear foreigners disparaging Americans as a whole or acting as if they and their opinions are somehow superior that I get irked, but that is no less true than when it happens between the left and the right here or by Americans to foreigners. Chime in anytime, MM.

Bozette Bozette

In response to “Anyone, anywhere is entitled to their opinion...

I know you said that here not long ago on someone's post, thank you.

Someone told me (an American) those exact words "Sadly, I have often found that people in other countries are often far more knowledgeable about what is happening in American politics than many average Americans"

Markymark Markymark OP

In response to “I know you said that here not long ago on...

I agree that people in other countries are much more attuned to geopolitics than Americans. I wonder if that's because they feel that what we do in the U.S. may have more of an impact worldwide than something done in their country.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “I agree that people in other countries are...

I truly think that is one of the main reasons.

Markymark Markymark OP

I don't have a problem with non-American opinions, unless it's from those that have no knowledge of our government/America! There are a couple people on here, I feel, from what I've read, should STHU...their stupidity is annoying, so I just ignore them. You are NOT one of them. I welcome your input. :-)

Love_QuizTime Love_QuizTime

In response to “I don't have a problem with non-American...

Thanks LQ, well appreciated.

Markymark Markymark OP

In response to “Thanks LQ, well appreciated.

You're welcome! :-)

Love_QuizTime Love_QuizTime

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Actually, I find some of the most insightful...

I feel the same way Bud, I love to hear Americans input when I post Canadian Politics.

Markymark Markymark OP

In response to “I feel the same way Bud, I love to hear...

Don't tell anyone - just between you and me - I'm thinking most of us here in the states know way too little about news / politics in other countries. There was a sudden burst of interest when the UK was coming up on their Brexit vote, and that Toronto Mayor Ford and his stance on drugs.

That's just one reason why I like having friends here - I can ask you guys your POV on stuff - it's helpful.

I used to have a friend in Israel back on SH. I felt like I understood better what was going on there.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Don't tell anyone - just between you and me -...

Agree, why wouldn't you want to know what's going on in other parts of the world. Knowledge is golden.

Markymark Markymark OP

Anything you are not sure about on UK politics, always ask and I'll help the best I can...

Platinum Platinum

In response to “Anything you are not sure about on UK...

You are one that I look to for a British viewpoint.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “You are one that I look to for a British...

Yer ...you can't ask ser,, she's dopey...hehe

Platinum Platinum

In response to “Yer ...you can't ask ser,, she's dopey...hehe

you asking for a boofing you Cheeky Brit lolz
"Grrrrrrrrrrr"

I am staying in No Mans Land , away from shot and shell from you crazy lot :P

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity

In response to “you asking for a boofing you Cheeky Brit...

Whoops I thought you left...hehe

Platinum Platinum

In response to “Whoops I thought you left...hehe

watching you trouble

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity

In response to “https://media.giphy.com/media/usttq2vvx5TXi/gip...

That's encouraging...lol

Platinum Platinum

Dude! You trying to get me in trouble?

Budwick Budwick

I think Canucks should have a say - they are, after all, our hats.

faceman faceman

In response to “I think Canucks should have a say - they are...

Wait a minute, faceman!

If Canada is America's hat, what is Mexico? (wt)

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

"you don't live here so you don't know".
People who say that are generally pretenders who know nothing about American politics, but pretend they do to seem important. Aging donut eaters in front of a computer screen all day. They will make errant comments on a speech they didn't hear, comment on policies that do not exist, things like that. People who say that are just trying to dismiss you so you don't blow their cover.

Simplesoul Simplesoul

I don't have a problem with people from other countries "discussing" an American President. I don't have a problem with them pointing out things the President is doing that may be good or bad. Some of what they do, affects people in many places throughout the world. I do have a problem with people from other countries who only want to continually trash "our" president, no matter who that president is.
I follow other countries now and then but I don't trash their leaders because I believe they should be judged by the citizens of the countries they lead.
Too often I hear those who are trying to trash Trump, say nothing about the messes they may have in their own back yard.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “I don't have a problem with people from other...

I don't think I've trashed your Presidents...I may have given facts about their shortcomings, when others have compared them to Trump...but I understand..

Platinum Platinum

In response to “I don't think I've trashed your...

I don't think I have ever seen you trash a president John. It's like I said before, I don't have any problem with people from other countries discussing and commenting, and even making suggestions, which is what you do.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

Give your opinion..

Whoever doesn't like it, can suck buttermilk through a small straw..

DandyDon DandyDon

In response to “Give your opinion.. Whoever doesn't like it...

"And may the fleas of a thousand camels infest their crotch. And may their arms be too short to scratch."

faceman faceman

In response to “"And may the fleas of a thousand camels...

I wasn't going to go there....but okay.

DandyDon DandyDon

In response to “I wasn't going to go there....but okay.

Yep... you know things are getting real when I bring out the ancient muslim curses/benedictions.

faceman faceman

LOL. Thanks Dandy.

Markymark Markymark OP

In response to “LOL. Thanks Dandy.

(y)(smile)

DandyDon DandyDon

I found someone like that here. Seeing that person trying to insult me or discredit me with my foreign status and younger age was interesting.

Funny thing is, if I had simply said "Yeah, you're right and I agree with you" then me being European and younger wouldn't matter one bit, would it? If something, I would probably be praised with that.

Sofia Sofia

In response to “I found someone like that here. Seeing that...

You always have great comments and you explain yourself so well.
(biggrin)

Markymark Markymark OP

In response to “You always have great comments and you...

Hahahahaha xD I can give you a list of people who will disagree with you in a heartbeat, if you want (hehe)

Sofia Sofia

The same reason some of us that are Americans aren't permitted by some on here to have an opinion on politics either.

trooper trooper

In response to “The same reason some of us that //are//...

I hear ya ... Let's start a new group called MOM ...Men's Opinion Matters. (hehe)

Markymark Markymark OP

In response to “I hear ya ... Let's start a new group called...

Can you imagine all the women carrying signs screaming, "I hate MOM"?

trooper trooper

In response to “Yes I can. (hehe)(hehe)

These women with their small children. LOL. Kids screaming, "I HATE MOM!"

trooper trooper

Or the English MUM .....men's underwear matters....

Platinum Platinum

I like hearing from other countries. It gives us an idea of what is being said about our politics and country, so please opine on.(biggrin)

ozzyboy

In response to “I like hearing from other countries. It gives...

Thanks, well appreciated.

Markymark Markymark OP

Oh people can have what ever opinion they want on politics. Doesn't bother me. Unless you are **** me, financing me, & feeding me, ya believe how ya want because I have no right to tell ya how to believe. Just saying.

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

In response to “Oh people can have what ever opinion they...

Well, that's pretty straight forward. (hehe)

Markymark Markymark OP

In response to “Well, that's pretty straight forward. (hehe)

It was... wasn't it (hehe)

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

In response to “It was... wasn't it (hehe)

It sure was, alrighty then. (hehe)

Markymark Markymark OP

In response to “It sure was, alrighty then. (hehe)

I am just in one of those tell it like it is moods...pretty sure I am either gonna get shot at, punched, or whatever today when I go out later (hehe)

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

Commies need not apply. (smirk)

Cezar Cezar

Those of you that are NOT American can have an opinion about American politics and should realize Americans have been lied to, stolen from and straight up laughed at by our own government so that in truth we dont really know what the **** is going on and havent for awhile. There is a sinister game being played against the American people right now- everything that happens is very staged and has alterior motive. People arent who they claim to be and there is an illusion at work that most of us cant put our finger on. Rather than look at us with judgement and have your opinions, please pray for us because we couldnt predict 6 months from now if we had to....and thats pretty sad.

Jaxxi Jaxxi

In response to “Those of you that are NOT American can have...

We all get lied to....they are politicians and only let you know, what they want you to know ....

Platinum Platinum

this one's easy man. Sukie got here before you.....trapped out all the beaver (smirk)

Freeranger Freeranger

I may eventually conclude that your opinion does in fact have no value; but I'm still willing to listen to it.

tomjackson