Want to be a moderator?

DW2OzSurferPhilboydStudgeJustJimColotrooperTomboyJanet

JerryHendricksonBozetteLil_PrincessSkunky

Lil_PrincessSkunkyOzSurfer
If a woman says she doesn't want anything for Valentine's Day.. and you take that comment literally. You are in deep, deep shit.

If there is a woman out there who understands how someone could say they want nothing, and then get upset with they get nothing, please explain that to me.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

It means.. "you better not forget or you're **** is grass and I've got the weed wacker" (hehe)

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “It means.. "you better not forget or...

I'm such an ****. One day I'll figure it all out. :)

DW2 DW2 OP

In response to “I'm such an ****. One day I'll figure it all...

My formula is this. If she seems into valentines day, then make it good, dinner, gift etc. If she plays it down like she's not really interested, do something like flowers and make it a surprise.. .and if she says she doesn't want anything at all for Valentines day... then definitely get her something special! Note: there's no option for not buying a gift (hehe)

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “My formula is this. If she seems into...

Learning this. Going to write a translation book for Men. :)

DW2 DW2 OP

Though seriously! WTF? A made up Hallmark Holiday based on "Love" with a pseudo Greek God basis.. yet it is all one way. Never hear a Man state, "She didn't get me anything for Valentine's Day therefore I'll be Irate for a few days! What ever happened to the Sexual Revolution? Aren't we suppose to be equals? LOL!

DW2 DW2 OP

In response to “Though seriously! WTF? A made up Hallmark...

Yes it's true, a made up holiday... but most girls I've known aren't serious about Valentines day just as long as they know that sometimes you make another day ... just special for them. Personally I think it loses something when it's done on the 14th of Feb along with everyone else. Choose another day as a surprise that has no special meaning other than it's because you care... that's what I do.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

In response to “If there is a woman out there who understands...

Wait. Never mind. I don't think I want to understand. (smile)

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

In response to “Wait. Never mind. I don't think I want to...

No.. you don't. Lol.

DW2 DW2 OP

My wife always says don't get me anything and I don't and then she never says a word......for weeks

Platinum Platinum

The wife and I agree that most of these holidays are set up for commercialism. We don't fall for it. I made her bear steaks for supper and that is all. We've been happily married for 25 years.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

My husband and I quit giving each other gifts on holidays and special occasions early on. Like Jerry and his wife, we disliked the commercialism. We celebrated those days just by spending the day together, chiling out and maybe making a special meal. We did give each other gifts sometimes, maybe because we ran across a deal on something the other wanted/needed, or because we saw something just perfect, or just because. Those gifts might have been given on a Tuesday in March or a Thursday in August...whenever. But it made ordinary days special, while holidays and such were no less special despite the lack of gifts, in fact they were more special because they were celebrated for the true meaning of the day itself.

Bozette Bozette

Honestly she has no one to blame but herself

DWF DWF

I honestly think it depends on the woman. I personally don't care about getting anything pretty or shiny. Only thing I have ever wanted on that day was love.

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

Honestly, I think the statement is honest at the time. Until every other woman at work gets deliveries of flowers, candy, balloons.. you name it. Everybody but her..

DW2 DW2 OP

No, she specifically said she didn't want anything.

Skunky Skunky