Mod Team
☮️ New word suggestion: Hatriotism (HATE-TREE-A-TISM). Spreading vitriol  and bigotry under the guise of national pride. Amirite? ☮️

TiffaneeThibaultSukiesnowTomboyJanetSofiaJohannaChuckTomBub

Nobody :)

Piper2TiffaneeChuckTomSofiaSukiesnowJohannaCarlaBub
☮️ New word suggestion: Hatriotism (HATE-TREE-A-TISM). Spreading vitriol and bigotry under the guise of national pride. Amirite? ☮️

Great post....and so true. There is no national pride if it's all lies. Your graphic is great....so if it's OK, I'm posting it here again.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

StarzAbove StarzAbove

Also don't forget that Kellyanne Conway is the first U.S. presidential counselor to openly advocate lying to the public.

Tiffanee Tiffanee OP

In response to “Also don't forget that Kellyanne Conway is...

For sure, and because of all the other crap Trump is putting us through, nothing will be done about her.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

I have a very hard time wrapping my head around 4 years of this.

Carla Carla

In response to “I have a very hard time wrapping my head...

Me too Carla, I'm just hoping that the Congress will come to it's senses and do something about him. I wasn't crazy about Pence....he wasn't a good governor of my state and he would NOT have been reelected, but I think he is an honest man, and I'm sure he's wondering why he ever accepted the nomination for VP. I'm sure he doesn't go along with what Trump is doing.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “http://data.amirite.net/user_images/58a646040f8...

But tiff......give him time....

Carla Carla

by the end of the week he'll be talking about replacing the statue of liberty with a big statue of himself making that stupid smug face he always makes and the cons will be all trying hard to defend it with a string of excuses

TomboyJanet TomboyJanet

There's a very line between nationalism/patriotism and bigotry. People often turn pride in their nation and their people into thinking other nations and peoples are inferior.

Thibault Thibault

Yes... That does seem to be the case here...

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

All the nicest people I know are against him. The rudest and the most stoned support him. That says volumes

TomboyJanet TomboyJanet

It's been a time since I considered patriotism a good thing. It's not the correct thing to do, I know, but people take it too far. Patriotism is not about "My country is the best. I am the best. My people are the best. All others don't matter.". People have to find a balance on their pride. Too much of it becomes a problem.

Those four people should have never come close to any power. They are the type of people that give a bad name to patriotism or just humanity in general.

Sofia Sofia