People wake up, YouTube is not a credible news source. lol   Don't believe everything that's on there, or you'll go nuts....wait, maybe someone has.   lol

Lil_PrincessDarkest_SerenityTiffaneeStarzAboveOzSurferThibaultSukiesnowCarla
People wake up, YouTube is not a credible news source. lol Don't believe everything that's on there, or you'll go nuts....wait, maybe someone has. lol

I find it pretty funny when someone posts some crazy conspiracy video and treats it as gospel truth. Once you click on one video on YouTube, you can find a slough of videos that reenforce your opinions and pre-conceived notions without any challenges, fact-checking, or credibility. If you want to believe something, you will find a video on YouTube that will agree with it. And that doesn't mean it's true.

Thibault Thibault

YouTube is a home for nutjobs and propaganda.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

And there are a lot of nut jobs that believe it. That's what's funny.

Most of those commentators are guys who have no credibility, can't get jobs so they pick something out of the air and run with it..... lol

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

A profound statement.
Nobody wants to have been played

Carla Carla

In response to “A profound statement. Nobody wants to have...

Some can't seem to differentiate between lies and the truth. lol

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

In response to “Some can't seem to differentiate between lies...

They see it.
But excusing it

Carla Carla

Believing in lies and disbelieving the truth provides conflict and drama, so that's probably why the concept is popular lol

OzSurfer OzSurfer

People don't even bother to check if these stories have any truth to them. They just post them as fact.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “People don't even bother to check if these...

It's all they have left

Carla Carla

In response to “It's all they have left

The depth of their ignorance is astounding.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

It seems to becoming more common across the internet in general.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “It seems to becoming more common across the...

I've noticed some on this site have started posting from UTube, stupid stories that no one in their right mind would believe....wait a minute...lol maybe they aren't in their right mind. lol

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

In response to “I've noticed some on this site have started...

Yes I've seen that too and I went to respond to a couple, but the video's were so crazy I thought people that believe stuff like that won't be interested in what I have to say.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “Yes I've seen that too and I went to respond...

I don't even bother....anyone posting that crap must not be rowing with two oars.

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

They see some dirt on someone, and they go ape about it. Like that stupid story about John McCain, only a moron would believe something like that let alone share it with others.

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

Believing YouTube is a credible news source is like believing Wikipedia contains credible information and is a great site to use as a source for arguments.

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

In response to “Believing YouTube is a credible news source...

Exactly and if something was real it would be all over the media, not just on a lonesome YouTube video.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “Exactly and if something was real it would be...

I don't ever recall ever seeing a big time news event broadcast on just YouTube alone. If it comes to that point then we are in some serious trouble

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

In response to “I don't ever recall ever seeing a big time...

Most of the news videos on YouTube are just poorly disguised political advertisements for one political party or the other.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “Most of the news videos on YouTube are just...

I'll just stick with listening to music there or watching a friends videos that make me giggle (hehe)

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

Exactly. I guess that never enters the mind of the drama queen. lol

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

Youtube is great for music video's because they can't lie (hehe)

Wiki is actually good and reliable for certain things - usually like learning about mainstream science or technology - things that can be easily proven wrong and have the facts in many other locations. Anything to do with someone's personal life, or quotes or politics or anything that's not mainstream is open to anybody making stuff up (hehe)

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “Youtube is great for music video's because...

(hehe)(hehe)

Now I got the giggles and the hiccups from reading that

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

In response to “(hehe)(hehe) Now I got the giggles and the...

I recommend going onto wiki and finding a music youtube video to watch (hehe)

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “I recommend going onto wiki and finding a...

I am on it right now (hehe)

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

For sure, and yet some people post that stuff hoping some will believe it. Pathetic.

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

In response to “For sure, and yet some people post that stuff...

The day I believe that stuff will be the day I lost my mind which won't be anytime soon lol

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

In response to “The day I believe that stuff will be the day...

lol Good to know. I think those believing that stuff either have their heads in the sand or will believe anything.... it blows my mind...lol

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

In response to “lol Good to know. I think those believing...

It just shocks me. I am a bit naive and gullible but I do have my limits lol

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

In response to “It just shocks me. I am a bit naive and...

Same with me, I can always spot a scam or a lie.

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

Thibault Thibault

In response to “I find it pretty funny when someone posts...

And most of it is fake news by fake people!

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

Some people really like YouTube...

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

In response to “Some people really like YouTube...

The music is great, but those stories proclaiming to be true are just pathetic, and anyone believing them, are just as pathetic.

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

Agree - YouTube is NOT a source of the news that is going on around the country - sadly, neither are the main stream media, and neither are a lot of websites. That's a huge part of the problem today - people are so ill-informed as to what is really going on in the world.

beachbum beachbum

"Credible news source" is an oxymoron. The MSM all regurgitate the same stupid taglines, often reprint whole articles from their "competitors" (there are only 5 or 6 corporations that own nearly all news outlets, and they own all the major ones) or verbatim from AP or Reuters. Each puts their own spin on the "news", which generally turns out to factually be somewhere in between the left- biased and right-biased accounts. Alternative "news" sites each have their own biases as well. Anything any of them report needs further vetting for anyone desiring "real" news.

Wikipedia is often cited as a source, as well. It cannot be simply taken as factual since anyone can edit its pages. It can be a good starting place, though, as it does give an enormous amount of information that can point one in the direction for further research and usually includes a list of cited sources and external links.

YouTube is a forum for people to post anything and everything. It is used by everyone from kids being stupid to whackos to music videos to the MSM itself. It is also a forum used by independent journalists, who often include links to all resources used in the making of their videos. As with any other source, it is a starting point if someone wishes to look into a subject.

All of the sources of information I listed above: the MSM, alternative news sites, Wikipedia and YouTube can be good places to start if one desires "real" news or actual facts. None can credibly considered as giving either the truth or the complete story.

Bozette Bozette